Fourth of July Weekend plans?
-
The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.
I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks

3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.
Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).
Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!
I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks
3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.
Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).
Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!
Been on the Tweetsie. It was around Halloween. After taking the cog to the top of the mountain, they had a pretty decent haunted house set up in one of the main buildings up there.
You are right, there is a ton of good golf up there. One of the better mountain courses I have ever played is in Hounds Ear....super course.
But now, thankfully, Pat isn't all that interested in traveling.
Tonight we will head down to the river a listen to the Chattanooga Symphony play their 4th routine and watch the fireworks.
I am getting the urge for a bigger smoker, so I may go hunt for one a little later and hopefully have it assembled in time so I can smoke up something either tomorrow or Monday.
-
-
Today... Golf and beer and then time by the pool and more beer.
Tomorrow....Beer and the pool and watching fireworks from our deck tomorrow night.
Monday...day off from work and a day to recover from Saturday and Sunday.
-
I am watching the UFC fight , drinking, gilling out, maybe shooting some guns in Kokomo, Indiana.
If you have heard of that place, stop by for a brew! :
: -
moving out of the house into my new pad...willl attempt to get hd cable and internet installation scheduled......working with time warner is like banging your head against the walll. .. they are telling me i am 15
effing days out for installation.....wtf.....brought my boys over to show off their dads new pad.....locale is right next to the beautiful olentangy river..can't wait until falll when i can look out the window at the
colorful leaves while the Browns roll on TV
-
I am launching bottle rockets out my ass.
-
I'm heading up to our summer place in Marblehead for a week. Gonna hang loose a few days sipping frozen foo-foo drinks on the beach, poolside, and/or on the Islands. Darting up to Detroit a day to gamble in Greektown. Plan on grilling some damn good food and spending some summer time with the family.
Be safe everyone and enjoy!
I'm heading up to our summer place in Marblehead for a week. Gonna hang loose a few days sipping frozen foo-foo drinks on the beach, poolside, and/or on the Islands. Darting up to Detroit a day to gamble in Greektown. Plan on grilling some damn good food and spending some summer time with the family.
Be safe everyone and enjoy!
Gonna ride the Harley into NC Mountains the highest in eastern USA and look forward to the Browns resurgance...............and beating your ass in a game of pool when I ride up for two early games
Sumtimes time lets people think about what it is..............I applaud you for the last few months
-
I'm heading up to our summer place in Marblehead for a week. Gonna hang loose a few days sipping frozen foo-foo drinks on the beach, poolside, and/or on the Islands. Darting up to Detroit a day to gamble in Greektown. Plan on grilling some damn good food and spending some summer time with the family.
Be safe everyone and enjoy!
Gonna ride the Harley into NC Mountains the highest in eastern USA and look forward to the Browns resurgance...............and beating your ass in a game of pool when I ride up for two early games
Sumtimes time lets people think about what it is..............I applaud you for the last few months
Gonna ride the Harley into NC Mountains the highest in eastern USA and look forward to the Browns resurgance...............and beating your ass in a game of pool when I ride up for two early games
Sumtimes time lets people think about what it is..............I applaud you for the last few months
Anytime Rich, you know that. Let's catch a high school game while you're in town as well.
-
I am launching bottle rockets out my ass.
I am launching bottle rockets out my ass.
Talk about ripping a guy a new asshole..........
-
I am launching bottle rockets out my ass.
Talk about ripping a guy a new asshole..........
-
nmills said:
Talk about ripping a guy a new asshole..........Darwin Award material..... I',m bettingthe guy couldn't sit down for a month with second (at least) degree burns....
Darwin Award material..... I',m bettingthe guy couldn't sit down for a month with second (at least) degree burns....
Most of the Darwin Award winners usually end up dead or in a serious long hospital stay. This guy didn't seem to come out of it any worse for the wear. Too Bad. (musta been a Steeler fan?)
-
I traveled over to Put-in-Bay yesterday and caught up with Westside Steve on the newly re-vamped patio of the Crescent Tavern. If you haven't been over to the Island lately, wait until you see how freaking huge the Crescent has made that patio now. Great, as always, to see Steve & Suzie. Great to be on the island after not heading over the past two years, settling for Kelly's Island instead.
Tink is heading over on Wednesday, and I'm trying to figure out how to meet him over there (have golf plans that day as well).
Great, great, weekend on the North Coast, awesome weather!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login