Skip to content

Fourth of July Weekend plans?

The Browns Board
31 20 2.6k
  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by ATENEARS
    #1

    I'm heading up to our summer place in Marblehead for a week. Gonna hang loose a few days sipping frozen foo-foo drinks on the beach, poolside, and/or on the Islands. Darting up to Detroit a day to gamble in Greektown. Plan on grilling some damn good food and spending some summer time with the family.

    Be safe everyone and enjoy!

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #2

    Not sure what we are going to do....maybe head to Nashville to get the country fix or head to Highlands, NC for some fresh mountain air....we may disagree on where and end up staying here and smoking up a pork shoulder.

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    doing Valet Parking at Portage Country Club. Woo hoo.

  • doing Valet Parking at Portage Country Club. Woo hoo.

    B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @theclevelandsound said:

    doing Valet Parking at Portage Country Club. Woo hoo.

    hah nice...I'll actually be in Kent partying with friends from school. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday and this is the first time in years I haven't had to work so I'm pumped.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #5

    On leave in Ohio for 2 weeks, My god the weather has been so great up here compared to Alabama. Everyone be safe and drink lots of beer.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Heading to Boone NC tomorrow then its a race back to the Beach! My daughjter and her family will be on their way.

    information.jpg

    IMG_0244.JPG

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    doing Valet Parking at Portage Country Club. Woo hoo.

    hah nice...I'll actually be in Kent partying with friends from school. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday and this is the first time in years I haven't had to work so I'm pumped.

    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @blowe said:

    hah nice...I'll actually be in Kent partying with friends from school. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday and this is the first time in years I haven't had to work so I'm pumped.

    you sonofabitch. Thats exactly where I would be if I was off.

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Ah, I miss NC, T.

    We usually go to Santa Barbra on the beach, farging amazing show. But I think we're just going to a party here in the neighborhood 'cuz my wife's brother is sick.

  • HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I'll mostly be lamenting the fact that we lost the colony all those years ago and that if I want to live in Ohio to see more than one damn browns game a year I need to get a divorce and find some Ohio woman mad enough to marry me for the green card. <sigh>

    😉

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I forgot to mention Golf, Im going to play some golf this week ... and fish. I plan on re-stringing and lubing the two-dozen reels that hang on my cabin wall in Marblehead.

  • Heading to Boone NC tomorrow then its a race back to the Beach! My daughjter and her family will be on their way.

    information.jpg

    IMG_0244.JPG

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @mr.-t said:

    Heading to Boone NC tomorrow then its a race back to the Beach! My daughjter and her family will be on their way.

    information.jpg

    IMG_0244.JPG

    What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Oh, yes. I plan on seeing Eclipse with my 16 year old daughter.

    How bout dem Vampires!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Barn party with friends and family -

    spray all around with this anti mosquito mix

    made with mint mouthwash, ... lemon liquid dish detergent,,

    whatever else is in it.

    Hayrides, and s'mores - my favorite. but I always order my s'more without the

    marshmallow and graham cracker.

  • M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
    #14

    tonight: seeing Furthur in columbus, oh

    tomorrow: work and taking it easy

    sunday: nothing

    monday: back to work

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #15

    My weekend will be a mix of this

    H401400-3_jpg.jpg

    and This

    coors-light-cold-activated-bottle.jpg

  • @mr.-t said:

    Heading to Boone NC tomorrow then its a race back to the Beach! My daughjter and her family will be on their way.

    information.jpg

    IMG_0244.JPG

    What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?

    That is at Wrightsville Beach right off the coast in Wilmington, most folks go to Carolina Beach, but I prefer Wrightsville, for one it is a lot cleaner and the views are spectacular knowing that a lot of UNCW students go there as well. 😉

    At the present time I am standing outside our hotel watching the locals setting off fireworks in Blowing Rock, the home made fudge from down town was to tempting to just pass by.

  • My weekend will be a mix of this

    H401400-3_jpg.jpg

    and This

    coors-light-cold-activated-bottle.jpg

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #17

    nmills said:

    My weekend will be a mix of this

    H401400-3_jpg.jpg

    and This

    coors-light-cold-activated-bottle.jpg

    I'll take the beer on the left. Give the warm one on the right to someone you don't like. 😁

  • @mr.-t said:

    Heading to Boone NC tomorrow then its a race back to the Beach! My daughjter and her family will be on their way.

    information.jpg

    IMG_0244.JPG

    What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?

    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @the-gipper said:

    What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?

    The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?

    The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by Bob806
    #19

    @kshutchins said:

    The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.

    I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks 🙂

    3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.

    Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).

    Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!

  • @kshutchins said:

    The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.

    I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks 🙂

    3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.

    Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).

    Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #20

    @bob806 said:

    I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks 🙂

    3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.

    Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).

    Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!

    Been on the Tweetsie. It was around Halloween. After taking the cog to the top of the mountain, they had a pretty decent haunted house set up in one of the main buildings up there.

    You are right, there is a ton of good golf up there. One of the better mountain courses I have ever played is in Hounds Ear....super course.

    But now, thankfully, Pat isn't all that interested in traveling.

    Tonight we will head down to the river a listen to the Chattanooga Symphony play their 4th routine and watch the fireworks.

    I am getting the urge for a bigger smoker, so I may go hunt for one a little later and hopefully have it assembled in time so I can smoke up something either tomorrow or Monday.