Browns DE Smith charged with handgun possession at airport
-
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d818f...sion-at-airport
Cleveland Browns defensive end Robaire Smith faces a gun charge stemming from a 2009 incident in which a loaded firearm was found in his carry-on luggage at a Michigan airport, the Flint Journal reported Thursday.
Smith, 32, was scheduled to board a Nov. 6 flight from Flint to Atlanta when an X-ray machine detected the gun in his bag, Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton said. Smith then told airport security that he had forgotten the gun -- a Belgium 5.7 caliber with between 15 and 17 rounds in the magazine -- was in his possession, according to Leyton.
Smith is charged with possession of a firearm in a sterile area of a commercial airport. The misdemeanor carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
Smith's attorney, Frank J. Manley, said the NFL has been aware of the incident and already imposed discipline on the player. Smith is a 10-year NFL veteran who played the past three seasons for the Browns after stints with the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans.
The incident with Smith is similar to one that involved Browns teammate Shaun Rogers earlier this year. Rogers was arrested April 1 at Hopkins International Airport in Cleveland after a loaded gun was found in his carry-on luggage.
Rogers was charged with carrying a concealed weapon. That case has yet to be resolved.
-
Smith's attorney, Frank J. Manley, said the NFL has been aware of the incident and already imposed discipline on the player.
so what is his punishment? was he already punished and we just didn't know about it? -
-
mikeyP72 said:
am I crazy or was this Shaun Rodgers and not Robaire Smith?no, I guess it happened to both! We just never heard about it when Robaire smith did it. Man we have some stupid defensive linemen. haha
-
I will say as a long time gun owner it is inconceivable to me you simply forget you had a loaded gun in the luggage....though I did forget I had a plastic bottle of bourbon in my luggage and had it confiscated one time....
I will say as a long time gun owner it is inconceivable to me you simply forget you had a loaded gun in the luggage....though I did forget I had a plastic bottle of bourbon in my luggage and had it confiscated one time....
Well, Barry Switzer did the same thing many years ago when he was Cowboys HC.
You know the one incident I am happy about?: The Plaxico Burress incident. Here you had one of these F***ing Dumbasses who was carrying a gun around Do the Right Thing: he shot his own sorry, stupid ass with it.
I wish to hell a lot more of them would do that. Shoot their own dumb asses with their own stupid gun. That is what they really deserve, and I wish more of them would get it.
-
I have heard they even let drunken limeys in these days.
Nah, Howie, there was only one group they weren't going to allow, but apparently under pressure, they relented. The scene was actually caught on tape. See for yourself:
-
-
Smith's attorney, Frank J. Manley, said the NFL has been aware of the incident and already imposed discipline on the player.
so what is his punishment? was he already punished and we just didn't know about it?
so what is his punishment? was he already punished and we just didn't know about it?The post says that the case hasn't been resolved yet. He could get a max of one year in prison and a one thousand dollar find.
-
so what is his punishment? was he already punished and we just didn't know about it?The post says that the case hasn't been resolved yet. He could get a max of one year in prison and a one thousand dollar find.
The post says that the case hasn't been resolved yet. He could get a max of one year in prison and a one thousand dollar find.
i was asking about the info that i quoted. it said the nfl was aware of this incident and already imposed discipline on robaire. i was wondering about the nfl's punishment, not the police.
Smith's attorney, Frank J. Manley, said the NFL has been aware of the incident and already imposed discipline on the player.
from what this post suggests, the nfl has already punished robaire or they let him know what his punishment will be.
-
I will say as a long time gun owner it is inconceivable to me you simply forget you had a loaded gun in the luggage....though I did forget I had a plastic bottle of bourbon in my luggage and had it confiscated one time....
I will say as a long time gun owner it is inconceivable to me you simply forget you had a loaded gun in the luggage....though I did forget I had a plastic bottle of bourbon in my luggage and had it confiscated one time....
plastic bottle of booze......yea that's what they all say when their penis pumps are confiscated
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login