Skip to content

This Day in History......

Barber Shop Talk
6 5 1.1k
  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #1

    SPAM Introduced into the Market (1937)

    Introduced in 1937 by the Hormel Foods Corporation as "Hormel Spiced Ham," the precooked, canned-meat product was renamed "SPAM" when it began to lose market share. SPAM is now popular worldwide and is sold in more than 40 countries, including South Korea, where it is said to be so popular that it is sometimes given as a gift. The product has become a part of pop culture as the butt of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat. What ingredients are used to make SPAM?

    spam02.jpg

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #2

    After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

    Mike

  • After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

    Mike

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @canton-mike said:

    After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

    Mike

    Love Japanese style sticky rice and spam. Spam fried rice is great. Powdered eggs suck.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #4

    After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

    Mike

    *****************************************

    When I have you over, is it okay if I use food coloring in the chicken and rice? GGG

  • After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

    Mike

    *****************************************

    When I have you over, is it okay if I use food coloring in the chicken and rice? GGG

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @calfoxwc said:

    After 1 1/2 years in Vietnam, there are 3 things I will never eat again...white rice, powdered eggs, & Spam....I absolutely DETEST those 3 items (I CAN'T call them food).

    Mike

    *****************************************

    When I have you over, is it okay if I use food coloring in the chicken and rice? GGG

    SURE! I actually like a lot of flavored rice pilaf type dishes.

    Mike

  • Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I had it a couple times in Hawaii and tired a couple times since, but I still can't get over the fact that when you open it up, it still has that gross sticky coating like cat food. Smells like it too.