Skip to content

The Browns pants are back for the 2010 season.

The Browns Board
32 15 3.4k
  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Yes it's a video game but it's a simulation and you can be rest assured the Browns have communicated to the NFL about uniform changes etc. Madden has the NFL license so while it's easy to cast this off as any sort of indication for a reemergence of the pants it's not out of the question that this representation is accurate. They aren't going to put the pants in the game, at least in the game from a "demo" stand point if the pants aren't going to be used.

  • D DeadWombat wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I dont understand the hoopla about the brown pants. IMO they look good with the white jerseys. Whats so ugly about them? Why are white jerseys with brown pants so much worse than brown jerseys and white pants?

  • I dont understand the hoopla about the brown pants. IMO they look good with the white jerseys. Whats so ugly about them? Why are white jerseys with brown pants so much worse than brown jerseys and white pants?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #20

    [/img]

    @deadwombat said:

    I dont understand the hoopla about the brown pants. IMO they look good with the white jerseys. Whats so ugly about them? Why are white jerseys with brown pants so much worse than brown jerseys and white pants?

    Let me put it this way: It isn't necessarily the color brown itself, its just that these pants make them look like they are playing in some kind of men's ballet tights. They just have to add a tutu and they would look real "sweet" sweetie, you know what I mean.

  • djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

  • Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    i agree, djd. a stripe would make the brown pants look good.

  • Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    As a staunch supporter of the solid brown pants I have to say, a stripe on them would look pretty sweet. A triple stripe; white in the middle and orange on the outsides of the stripe. It's classy and old school. Not bad at all.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    As a staunch supporter of the solid brown pants I have to say, a stripe on them would look pretty sweet. A triple stripe; white in the middle and orange on the outsides of the stripe. It's classy and old school. Not bad at all.

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mopaji said:

    As a staunch supporter of the solid brown pants I have to say, a stripe on them would look pretty sweet. A triple stripe; white in the middle and orange on the outsides of the stripe. It's classy and old school. Not bad at all.

    Right... that is what I'm talking about. I'm more partial to the orange pants (not so much the orange jerseys), but I would love to see the Browns alternate combos a lot more, again without deviating too much from the tradition.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    As a staunch supporter of the solid brown pants I have to say, a stripe on them would look pretty sweet. A triple stripe; white in the middle and orange on the outsides of the stripe. It's classy and old school. Not bad at all.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mopaji said:

    As a staunch supporter of the solid brown pants I have to say, a stripe on them would look pretty sweet. A triple stripe; white in the middle and orange on the outsides of the stripe. It's classy and old school. Not bad at all.

    Well, a stripe on them would prevent them from looking like fairy tights.

    I mean, right now, all they are missing is a codpiece.

  • S shepwrite wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I think the solid dark pants are kinda "in." Ravens and others wear them, too.

  • I think the solid dark pants are kinda "in." Ravens and others wear them, too.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @shepwrite said:

    I think the solid dark pants are kinda "in." Ravens and others wear them, too.

    And they suck as well. Because the Ravens look god awful ugly do the Browns have to follow their lead? I should think not.

  • Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @djdawg2010 said:

    Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    Is this what you wanted to see?

    ClevelandBrowns-4.png

  • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #29

    pants like this:

    QuinnBrown.jpg

  • pants like this:

    QuinnBrown.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @theclevelandsound said:

    pants like this:

    QuinnBrown.jpg

    The designs in these last two posts would be far superior to the ballet tights look. Much nicer.

  • @theclevelandsound said:

    pants like this:

    QuinnBrown.jpg

    The designs in these last two posts would be far superior to the ballet tights look. Much nicer.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @the-gipper said:

    The designs in these last two posts would be far superior to the ballet tights look. Much nicer.

    agreed.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    Someone here ahwile back before I joined put together a few mock ups of the uniform with several different combos using the orange jersey, orange pants, brown pants, ect...which I thought was really cool, and whoever did it should be working for the Browns! I would like to see that again if possible. I think if the Brown pants had a stripe it wouldn't be so bad. I certainly wouldn't mind some alternate versions of the uniform like the mock ups done awhile back, as long as it didn't stray to far from the concept, and by all means.... NO STINKIN' LOGO ON THE HELMET!!!!

    Is this what you wanted to see?

    ClevelandBrowns-4.png

    djdawg2010D djdawg2010 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @feartheroo said:

    Is this what you wanted to see?

    ClevelandBrowns-4.png

    Yes!!!! Thank you!