OT: It's All Up to... BOSH?
-
Rorbotron said:
I thought the Cavs had a shot to win this year but Lebron went in to the tank against the Celtics. I also don't think Lebron needs Bosh to win but he'd certainly help. I'm a Cavs fan by proxy seeing as there isn't a NBA team in Pittsburgh. (Big Mark Price fan growing up) Cleveland definitely needs Lebron to stay and I think he will. He's not going to make any more money outside of Cleveland as far as I'm concerned especially with his name recognition. Sponsorship comes to him, not the other way around. I wonder why Bosh doesn't want to play in Cleveland? Although he's not as marketable as Lebron so the larger markets would actually help him where as in Cleveland he's not going to get the same attention. I guess 125 million isn't enough he also needs his own BBQ sauce etc. lolI think for Bosh to play here he really would have to take less $$, even in a sign and trade. I don't think for one minute he wants to take less than the max that he can get. He was always the one big name that seemed like he was more than anxious to leave his current team, and to take advantage of the free agent frenzy. So, no, I don't think he is prepared to take one farthing less than the max allowable. With Stoudemire signed with the Knicks, I think that takes one of this suitors off the board, as they are both basically play the same position and have similar skill sets. I doubt the Knicks want two guys that are mirror images of each other.
(though, in reality, couldn't a team run a scheme that essentially involved 2 power forwards and no center? I think others have done this successfully.)
I think for Bosh to play here he really would have to take less $$, even in a sign and trade. I don't think for one minute he wants to take less than the max that he can get. He was always the one big name that seemed like he was more than anxious to leave his current team, and to take advantage of the free agent frenzy. So, no, I don't think he is prepared to take one farthing less than the max allowable. With Stoudemire signed with the Knicks, I think that takes one of this suitors off the board, as they are both basically play the same position and have similar skill sets. I doubt the Knicks want two guys that are mirror images of each other.
(though, in reality, couldn't a team run a scheme that essentially involved 2 power forwards and no center? I think others have done this successfully
.)I'm pretty sure the Cavs are prepared to pay him the 125 million, isn't that what the ESPN articles says?
-
Yeah, he gets MORE in a sign and trade than as a free agent, because the Raptors can give him a bigger deal... like the Cavs can give Lebron a bigger deal.
You certainly can't say ownership is unwilling to spend, huh?
-
Yeah, he gets MORE in a sign and trade than as a free agent, because the Raptors can give him a bigger deal... like the Cavs can give Lebron a bigger deal.
You certainly can't say ownership is unwilling to spend, huh?
Yeah, he gets MORE in a sign and trade than as a free agent, because the Raptors can give him a bigger deal... like the Cavs can give Lebron a bigger deal.
You certainly can't say ownership is unwilling to spend, huh?
OK, perhaps. What does that do to the salary cap?
-
OK then, what is Bosh's objection to playing with LeBron in Cleveland?
Is he that stupid to think that his lifestyle would be so much better in Chicago, NJ, or Miami?
Some of these guys are really stupid about that sort of thing.
I mean is a guy that could be making 125 million dollars really going to make a decision based on what he perceives to be a place with a better "party" scene? That would be ignorance beyond comprehension.
The "party scene" in Toronto is about as good as it gets, but he wants to leave that.
Does it really matter whether the chick he is looking at has on a Maple Leaf or a Stars and Stripes bikini?
Does he think the Stolichnya is better in Miami?
It can't be an objection to the weather here if he wants to go to Chicago or Jersey.
Does he think he is going to make more in local endorsement deals? Not if LeBron or Wade are playing with him. Those guys are going to get the big bucks. Bosh will be left to endorse the local Port-a-Potty company.
-
OK then, what is Bosh's objection to playing with LeBron in Cleveland?
Is he that stupid to think that his lifestyle would be so much better in Chicago, NJ, or Miami?
Some of these guys are really stupid about that sort of thing.
I mean is a guy that could be making 125 million dollars really going to make a decision based on what he perceives to be a place with a better "party" scene? That would be ignorance beyond comprehension.
The "party scene" in Toronto is about as good as it gets, but he wants to leave that.
Does it really matter whether the chick he is looking at has on a Maple Leaf or a Stars and Stripes bikini?
Does he think the Stolichnya is better in Miami?
It can't be an objection to the weather here if he wants to go to Chicago or Jersey.
Does he think he is going to make more in local endorsement deals? Not if LeBron or Wade are playing with him. Those guys are going to get the big bucks. Bosh will be left to endorse the local Port-a-Potty company.
OK then, what is Bosh's objection to playing with LeBron in Cleveland?
Is he that stupid to think that his lifestyle would be so much better in Chicago, NJ, or Miami?
Some of these guys are really stupid about that sort of thing.
I mean is a guy that could be making 125 million dollars really going to make a decision based on what he perceives to be a place with a better "party" scene? That would be ignorance beyond comprehension.
The "party scene" in Toronto is about as good as it gets, but he wants to leave that.
Does it really matter whether the chick he is looking at has on a Maple Leaf or a Stars and Stripes bikini?
Does he think the Stolichnya is better in Miami?
It can't be an objection to the weather here if he wants to go to Chicago or Jersey.
Does he think he is going to make more in local endorsement deals? Not if LeBron or Wade are playing with him. Those guys are going to get the big bucks. Bosh will be left to endorse the local Port-a-Potty company.
I'd reckon the only reasons for the "Bosh doesn't want to play in Cleveland" thing would be...
1. It's a national media creation, like everything else involving LeBron/Cleveland the past 3 years.
2. He doesn't want to play center/defend guys like Dwight Howard and Kendrick Perkins. (Keep in mind, Miami doesn't have a center either, and Chicago's is the equally under-sized Joakim Noah)
3. He's waiting for LeBron to make it official.
At the end of the day, I'd be surprised if he (himself) actually nixes a deal to Cleveland, assuming LeBron stays. The national media will love to say he hates Cleveland, but if he doesn't end up with the Cavs I'd guess it's because of the Raptors' front office, not Bosh.
-
By signing off on the deal, Bosh can get the most money possible (he has to do a sign and trade to get it)... and he'd play on one of the top 2-3 contenders for the championship. That's money and success. The only thing he wouldn't get is an address in Miami or Chicago, the only other realistic stops.
Frankly, I think Lebron has decided to stay. If Bosh wants to play in Miami or Chicago, I believe he'll do it with Wade. I don't think Lebron is going either of those places.
Perloff, on the other hand, thinks Cleveland is in trouble if Bosh is really saying no.
-
They showed a stat that bosh averages 1.06 points per play run for him, the highest in the league. Lebron will find him for some easy baskets and I think this makes for a great combination.
-
Update from PBT:
Smart money bet: LeBron stays in Cleveland, Wade and Bosh to Miami
Tue Jul 06,2010 6:49 PM ET By Kurt Helin
We don't know. There is no 100 percent.
But the signs are starting to point the same way, especially when you take a step back and look at them in total -- LeBron James re-signs in Cleveland, while Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh team up in Miami.
Take these tweets from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski:
Cavs officials are confident of two things now, multiple sources say: Chris Bosh won't play for them next season, but LeBron James will. Bosh has long made it clear that he doesn't want to play in Cleveland, and LeBron knew it was a longshot to sell him on it.
Cavs understand there are still looming threats to pry LeBron, but getting Bosh isn't make or break on keeping LBJ.
Then there was the tweet from our own Ira Winderman earlier today that said Heat officials are confident Dwyane Wade is returning.
And the breakdown from Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov to his inner circle that Wade and Bosh were going to Miami.
There are other things out there, but more and more all the leaks, all the signs seem to be pointing to this outcome. And it is easy to believe -- before free agency even started the conventional wisdom was LeBron and Wade stayed home, while Bosh joined one of them. Miami and Toronto have talked sign and trade before, by the way, that can happen.
If true, New Jersey and Chicago are on the outside looking in. Chicago would go hard after Boozer and the Nets are already talking to him -- he would be the big signing and improve either of those teams dramatically. The loser in that battle will be selling spin to their fans.
We still don't know. But more and more the stars are aligning for this, and after all the frenzy and hype two of the three top members of this class will have gone nowhere.
-
We can still land a big free agent.......Allen Iverson said this earlier....." I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I'm disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best." I think he'd be a great fit for the uptempo offense were going to run, you just have to wonder if he means what he says.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416274-...ers-will-he-get
-
We can still land a big free agent.......Allen Iverson said this earlier....." I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I'm disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best." I think he'd be a great fit for the uptempo offense were going to run, you just have to wonder if he means what he says.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416274-...ers-will-he-get
nmills said:
We can still land a big free agent.......Allen Iverson said this earlier....." I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I'm disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best." I think he'd be a great fit for the uptempo offense were going to run, you just have to wonder if he means what he says.allen iverson a 'big free agent'? yeah maybe 10 years ago. uh, no!
-
nmills said:
We can still land a big free agent.......Allen Iverson said this earlier....." I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I'm disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best." I think he'd be a great fit for the uptempo offense were going to run, you just have to wonder if he means what he says.allen iverson a 'big free agent'? yeah maybe 10 years ago. uh, no!
allen iverson a 'big free agent'? yeah maybe 10 years ago. uh, no!
I'd like to see AI play for us, he's better than that bum Delonte and averages about 15 ppg. I realize he's not as good as he used to be, he is still tough, a veteran, and I think playing under a coach like Scott could really help him out.
-
By signing off on the deal, Bosh can get the most money possible (he has to do a sign and trade to get it)... and he'd play on one of the top 2-3 contenders for the championship. That's money and success. The only thing he wouldn't get is an address in Miami or Chicago, the only other realistic stops.
Frankly, I think Lebron has decided to stay. If Bosh wants to play in Miami or Chicago, I believe he'll do it with Wade. I don't think Lebron is going either of those places.
Perloff, on the other hand, thinks Cleveland is in trouble if Bosh is really saying no.
By signing off on the deal, Bosh can get the most money possible (he has to do a sign and trade to get it)... and he'd play on one of the top 2-3 contenders for the championship. That's money and success. The only thing he wouldn't get is an address in Miami or Chicago, the only other realistic stops.
Frankly, I think Lebron has decided to stay. If Bosh wants to play in Miami or Chicago, I believe he'll do it with Wade. I don't think Lebron is going either of those places.
Perloff, on the other hand, thinks Cleveland is in trouble if Bosh is really saying no.
Couple of things- to answer Gips question about the sign and trade, the Raptors can sign Bosh to a max contract- and then trade him. If it's to the Cavs, they have to give Toronto back about the same amount of player salary to keep it legal. Yeah, I'd love to dump Jamison and Mo Williams on Toronto- but that ain't happening. You can about bet Andy V. will be the first on the Raptor's wish list- and Hixon's cheap rookie contract would mean he likely stays.
Now, this Bosh to Miami thingie gets interesting. Toronto has (reportedly) said Miami doesn't have any players they're interested in to do a sign-and-trade deal for Bosh. So, Bosh can go to Miami if he exercises his FA option- and leave the Raptors with nada- but he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table by doing so.
-
We can still land a big free agent.......Allen Iverson said this earlier....." I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I'm disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best." I think he'd be a great fit for the uptempo offense were going to run, you just have to wonder if he means what he says.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416274-...ers-will-he-get
nmills said:
We can still land a big free agent.......Allen Iverson said this earlier....." I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I'm disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best." I think he'd be a great fit for the uptempo offense were going to run, you just have to wonder if he means what he says.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/416274-...ers-will-he-get
i saw this yesterday on espn 2. i want the cavs to bring in ai. see what he's about and work him out this summer. he can come off of the bench and give the team 15-20 minutes a game. the cavs have a strong fo, coach and locker room. it's the perfect place for a guy like ai who's trying to make a comeback.
-
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134
Bosh is going to join Dwyane Wade and the Heat after all.
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5361792
Boozer just signed w/ Chicago also.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login