Skip to content

Browns Sign Their Steal

The Browns Board
7 4 1.3k
  • Carlton Mitchell agrees to terms with Browns

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 7, 2010 1:12 PM ET

    South Florida Carlton Mitchell has a better chance than most sixth-round wide receivers to make an immediate impact. That's because of his talent, and because the Browns are woefully thin at the position.

    Mitchell agreed to terms on Wednesday on a four-year contract, according the Dayton Daily News. Projected as a possible second- or third-round pick, Mitchell slipped on draft day due to concerns about his hands and route running.

    At 6'3, 215 pounds with great speed, he's someone to watch for down the line.

  • Keep signing them dotted lines boys !

    Lets have no hold outs !

  • Loved the hell out of this pick. In the last week before the draft, Bret Sobleski at OBR said the Browns had shown a lot of interest in Mitchell and that it wouldn't be a shock if he was one of their THIRD round picks. When we got him in the sixth, I was amazed.

    Also loved the Hardesty pick. After I read about him rising fast, I watched a lot of clips on him... and he's a violent, hard-cutting runner with a great size/speed ratio.

  • Loved the hell out of this pick. In the last week before the draft, Bret Sobleski at OBR said the Browns had shown a lot of interest in Mitchell and that it wouldn't be a shock if he was one of their THIRD round picks. When we got him in the sixth, I was amazed.

    Also loved the Hardesty pick. After I read about him rising fast, I watched a lot of clips on him... and he's a violent, hard-cutting runner with a great size/speed ratio.

    @shepwrite said:

    Loved the hell out of this pick. In the last week before the draft, Bret Sobleski at OBR said the Browns had shown a lot of interest in Mitchell and that it wouldn't be a shock if he was one of their THIRD round picks. When we got him in the sixth, I was amazed.

    Also loved the Hardesty pick. After I read about him rising fast, I watched a lot of clips on him... and he's a violent, hard-cutting runner with a great size/speed ratio.

    Montario will be a monster. I also think Mitchell will be a pretty good WR, he wasnt drafted really high so expectations wont be to high for him right away, he can pretty much just go out there and perform rather than worrying about what people are thinking about him.

  • CLEVELAND -- The Browns have agreed to terms on a four-year deal for rookie receiver Carlton Mitchell, his agent Christina Phillips told the Plain Dealer today.

    Financial terms were not available.

  • Clevelandbrowns.com still has not posted the signing, or updated the roster with him on it.

  • Yeah............I notice a distinct disregard for releasing news on our site over there . Info flows at a snails pace since the new era began .