Skip to content

Dan Gilbert

The Cavs Board
38 21 7.5k
  • Sounds like a freaking crybaby, if you ask me......

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Sounds like a freaking crybaby, if you ask me......

    No one did.

  • Mo Williams tweets, READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP

    mogotti2

    The person that I feel most sorry for is mike brown. He is a really good coach.

    Fri Jul 09 2010 02:28:06 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

    Reply Retweet

    mogotti2

    Well, after I wake up in the morning its a new day and I can embark on the new journey in my life. Love all my fans. And that's 100

    Fri Jul 09 2010 02:25:22 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

    mogotti2

    On things u always see how the outcome of a situation happened. This is crazy wow. The big 3 in Boston were gettin old but they are young

    Fri Jul 09 2010 02:22:59 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

    mogotti2

    But in all reality as we see he was really considering the possibilty of leaving if he felt was the rt situation. Wow, when u look back

    Fri Jul 09 2010 02:21:40 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

    mogotti2

    I'm still can't believe he gone y'all. 4real no bs. I think we all took it for granted and thought it was a nobrainer and he was resighning

    Fri Jul 09 2010 02:19:23 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

    mogotti2

    We got to step it up now that's all. We will be good next year. And hearing our owner keeps me convinced.

    Fri Jul 09 2010 02:17:55 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

    mogotti2

    The night of the unexpected. Who am I kidding

    about 5 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    I know we all angry, mad, disappointed. But remember that's a triple double walking. Let's pray he have a change of heart 2nite. It is the

    about 5 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    But we will make it thru. Fuuuuuuuuck

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    To have played with such a special player. We were so damn close. So damn close now we have taken leaps and bounds backwards. This will be

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    It in cle a whole lot more. But I have no idea what went on behind closed doors but I can sit here today and say that I am truly blessed

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    Love u bron and always will. I knowu made your decision for the rt reason but we could have got it done here and u would have enjoyed

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    Never see this again.

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    On national tv. But this was history so we might not understand the magnitude today. But when we look back on this, we might not

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    The only thing, and I mean the only thing I disagree with is.... If he knew somewhere else was the destination. He should have spared cle

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    mogotti2

    I can't believe this is really real. This is surreal. So many emotions on one man decision. I wonder what is our next move.

    about 6 hours ago via Echofon

    via Seesmic

    mogotti2

    Well xxxx, I gotta be honest. I'm sick ass a dog. I feel like my heart has been pulled out. But I'm happy for my friend. Shittttttttt

    about 7 hours ago via Echofon

  • This fell to the 2nd page due to all the spam on the forum so Im giving it a bump

  • Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

  • Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

    @silverback said:

    Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

    Go back to your sister/wife steeler troll.

  • I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

    I'd like to know just what the Cavs plan to do now, though.

  • I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

    I'd like to know just what the Cavs plan to do now, though.

    @shepwrite said:

    I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

    I'd like to know just what the Cavs plan to do now, though.

    I hope they dont charge for admisson or food or beer when they play the heat, everyone will get drunk and save some money, and everyone in cleveland can boo the whole game.

  • I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

    I'd like to know just what the Cavs plan to do now, though.

    @shepwrite said:

    I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

    I'd like to know just what the Cavs plan to do now, though.

    As would we all.

    I like the statement, though I do think it could hurt in the search for FA this year.

  • I have always like Dan Gilbert and have always had confidence in him to bring us a championship. I'm more excited to watch the Cavs rebuild toward a title without the self-appointed King than I would have been had he stayed and held this franchsie hostage for more wasted years.

    The Cavs got a huge boost tonight. This is a great thing for the franchise. Let's roll ...

    I'm a Cavs Fan ... South Beach is gay.

  • Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

    @silverback said:

    Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

    you know.....you've gotta be one of the biggest pieces of shit floating around three rivers. it's bad enough you go on the browns board and stir up shit but for you to come on this board after what happened last night and say anything goes to show what level a no-tooth-havin inbred degenerate douchebag will stoop to. go fxxk your mom with your cancerous fxxk-stick asshole! pa pissant!! where's your team? philly? ha ha da fxxkin ha ha!

  • Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

    @silverback said:

    Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

    Couple of things: 1. Gilbert is from Detroit I believe. He is not a native Clevelander (I am not even sure he lives here)

    2. We KNOW that your opinion is purely one made for spite because you are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. So, you completely lack any credibility. You mihgt not have this same opinion if a big player for the Steelers or Penguins pulled this same kind of BS, fair to say.

    3. Your opinion of Gilbert will not be shared by many people. It is you who come out sounding like the tool. People will talk about what passion an owner has to make this kind of statement, because in fact, most sports owners would come out with their oh so politically correct, mealy mouth statements about a situation like this. If Gilbert had given one of those politically correct, mealy mouthed statements, you would have blasted him for that...because you are a tool and would have criticized his statement no matter what he said.

  • It will take you two seconds to Google up Dan Gilbert and know where he is from. Surely It is not asking for too much is it ?

  • Anyone listen to the jackass hosting the Jim Rome show on the radio today? This board and that radio station are my only links to sports right now... He kept having Clevelanders call in, they got to speak half or one fourth (thats .5 or .25 for you silverback) of what was on their mind and then he started overpowering them with some kind of jackass music while telling them Lebron was right. Sadly in the few minutes that I listened, no one with a brain called in. I think a big portion of the people who are mad (like myself) are more angry about the way he left, not that he left. Am I happy to see him go? Yes and no. I would have rather he stayed... But to go around acting like a "King" when you haven't won shit.... We should have (and did) see this coming. I just thought he'd man up and stay. I would have never put any money on that though.. what does that make me?? Big Z and Andy have and always will be my guys!

  • Anyone listen to the jackass hosting the Jim Rome show on the radio today? This board and that radio station are my only links to sports right now... He kept having Clevelanders call in, they got to speak half or one fourth (thats .5 or .25 for you silverback) of what was on their mind and then he started overpowering them with some kind of jackass music while telling them Lebron was right. Sadly in the few minutes that I listened, no one with a brain called in. I think a big portion of the people who are mad (like myself) are more angry about the way he left, not that he left. Am I happy to see him go? Yes and no. I would have rather he stayed... But to go around acting like a "King" when you haven't won shit.... We should have (and did) see this coming. I just thought he'd man up and stay. I would have never put any money on that though.. what does that make me?? Big Z and Andy have and always will be my guys!

    @manbearpig said:

    Anyone listen to the jackass hosting the Jim Rome show on the radio today? This board and that radio station are my only links to sports right now... He kept having Clevelanders call in, they got to speak half or one fourth (thats .5 or .25 for you silverback) of what was on their mind and then he started overpowering them with some kind of jackass music while telling them Lebron was right. Sadly in the few minutes that I listened, no one with a brain called in. I think a big portion of the people who are mad (like myself) are more angry about the way he left, not that he left. Am I happy to see him go? Yes and no. I would have rather he stayed... But to go around acting like a "King" when you haven't won shit.... We should have (and did) see this coming. I just thought he'd man up and stay. I would have never put any money on that though.. what does that make me?? Big Z and Andy have and always will be my guys!

    Hell, he could have manned up and left properly, giving us the time to get free agents etc. and I would have accecpted it a hell of a lot better than this.

  • Check this out,

    Gilbert also owns FATHEAD

    LeBron's Cavalier fathead price went from $100 to $17.41.

    Benedict Arnold was born in 1741.

    Awesome

    EDIT: 17.41 not 49

  • Check this out,

    Gilbert also owns FATHEAD

    LeBron's Cavalier fathead price went from $100 to $17.41.

    Benedict Arnold was born in 1741.

    Awesome

    EDIT: 17.41 not 49

    @lebrent said:

    Check this out,

    Gilbert also owns FATHEAD

    LeBron's Cavalier fathead price went from $100 to $17.49.

    Benedict Arnold was born in 1749.

    Awesome

    are you for real with this?? I hope so... then again is that just so he can clear out all his old Cavs Bron crap? One would think...

  • @silverback said:

    Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

    Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

    Couple of things: 1. Gilbert is from Detroit I believe. He is not a native Clevelander (I am not even sure he lives here)

    2. We KNOW that your opinion is purely one made for spite because you are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. So, you completely lack any credibility. You mihgt not have this same opinion if a big player for the Steelers or Penguins pulled this same kind of BS, fair to say.

    3. Your opinion of Gilbert will not be shared by many people. It is you who come out sounding like the tool. People will talk about what passion an owner has to make this kind of statement, because in fact, most sports owners would come out with their oh so politically correct, mealy mouth statements about a situation like this. If Gilbert had given one of those politically correct, mealy mouthed statements, you would have blasted him for that...because you are a tool and would have criticized his statement no matter what he said.

    @the-gipper said:

    Couple of things: 1. Gilbert is from Detroit I believe. He is not a native Clevelander (I am not even sure he lives here)

    2. We KNOW that your opinion is purely one made for spite because you are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. So, you completely lack any credibility. You mihgt not have this same opinion if a big player for the Steelers or Penguins pulled this same kind of BS, fair to say.

    3. Your opinion of Gilbert will not be shared by many people. It is you who come out sounding like the tool. People will talk about what passion an owner has to make this kind of statement, because in fact, most sports owners would come out with their oh so politically correct, mealy mouth statements about a situation like this. If Gilbert had given one of those politically correct, mealy mouthed statements, you would have blasted him for that...because you are a tool and would have criticized his statement no matter what he said

    .

    1. I have no spite towards Lebron or the Cavs. I could really care less where Lebron played, but ESPN shoved the things down our throats all week. This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year. We don't stoop to playing Browns logos on the jumbotron during Penguins games to get people to boo the way they do with Steelers logos at Cleveland games. I've attaneded a bunch of Cavs games over the years. It's the closest place to catch an NBA game, and I've gone there to see Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and Durant play over the years.

    2. If a big player for the Steelers or Penguins left in free agency, I would realize it was FREE AGENCY!!! The team should have signed them before they hit free agency, or built a strong enough team to keep the player happy. If not, move on to the next guy. I wouldn't cry about it, or burn jerseys, or carry on like an idiot like people are doing now. Hell this year in free agency the Penguins lost their best defensman. Knowing it was FREE AGENCY, their GM ray Shero had a plan B, and went and signed the next 2 best defensemen available on the market in a matter of an hour. Good GM's have a plan B, not an excuse filled tirade to fall back on.

    3. Gilbert comes off as an immature douche bag. The things he says, and the way he says them makes him sound like a little kid, or a chick who just got dumped by a guy. Talk about curses,and guarantees of getting a title before Lebron. It's pathetic, very over-emotional and irrational. Lebron doesnt owe you anything. He never asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He gave the Cavs their best 7 years in franchise history, the franchise did little to help him build a title contender, so he left for a better team in a nicer city. Any one of you would do the same. Hell, Florida is full of ex Clevelanders who got better jobs and moved away.

    4. You xxxxing boo'd Lebron in the playoffs. Fully knowing he was about to hit the open market, you boo'd your hometown hero is a loser fashion that only Cleveland fan could stoop to. Then you cry about him leaving when you forced him out the door...

  • @manbearpig said:

    Anyone listen to the jackass hosting the Jim Rome show on the radio today? This board and that radio station are my only links to sports right now... He kept having Clevelanders call in, they got to speak half or one fourth (thats .5 or .25 for you silverback) of what was on their mind and then he started overpowering them with some kind of jackass music while telling them Lebron was right. Sadly in the few minutes that I listened, no one with a brain called in. I think a big portion of the people who are mad (like myself) are more angry about the way he left, not that he left. Am I happy to see him go? Yes and no. I would have rather he stayed... But to go around acting like a "King" when you haven't won shit.... We should have (and did) see this coming. I just thought he'd man up and stay. I would have never put any money on that though.. what does that make me?? Big Z and Andy have and always will be my guys!

    Hell, he could have manned up and left properly, giving us the time to get free agents etc. and I would have accecpted it a hell of a lot better than this.

    @manbearpig said:

    Hell, he could have manned up and left properly, giving us the time to get free agents etc. and I would have accepted it a hell of a lot better than this.

    Amen. Can't wait to hear about all the behind the scenes stuff that's going to come out in the next few weeks.

    This just in from ESPN- Bosh, Wade, and LeGone set this all up even to the point Bosh announced early, so Traitor could make it look like the situation was SO much better in Miami.

    And more from ESPN- wanna know why LeBron turned down the Bulls, even though the NBA insiders said it was a better situation to win now?

    Because Jerry Reinsdorf told LeBron in the sales pitch- Sorry LeBron, we ain't flying your entourage around on the team jet, and giving all your lackeys cush jobs with the team- we didn't do it for Jordan, and we sure as hell ain't doing it for you.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Couple of things: 1. Gilbert is from Detroit I believe. He is not a native Clevelander (I am not even sure he lives here)

    2. We KNOW that your opinion is purely one made for spite because you are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. So, you completely lack any credibility. You mihgt not have this same opinion if a big player for the Steelers or Penguins pulled this same kind of BS, fair to say.

    3. Your opinion of Gilbert will not be shared by many people. It is you who come out sounding like the tool. People will talk about what passion an owner has to make this kind of statement, because in fact, most sports owners would come out with their oh so politically correct, mealy mouth statements about a situation like this. If Gilbert had given one of those politically correct, mealy mouthed statements, you would have blasted him for that...because you are a tool and would have criticized his statement no matter what he said

    .

    1. I have no spite towards Lebron or the Cavs. I could really care less where Lebron played, but ESPN shoved the things down our throats all week. This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year. We don't stoop to playing Browns logos on the jumbotron during Penguins games to get people to boo the way they do with Steelers logos at Cleveland games. I've attaneded a bunch of Cavs games over the years. It's the closest place to catch an NBA game, and I've gone there to see Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and Durant play over the years.

    2. If a big player for the Steelers or Penguins left in free agency, I would realize it was FREE AGENCY!!! The team should have signed them before they hit free agency, or built a strong enough team to keep the player happy. If not, move on to the next guy. I wouldn't cry about it, or burn jerseys, or carry on like an idiot like people are doing now. Hell this year in free agency the Penguins lost their best defensman. Knowing it was FREE AGENCY, their GM ray Shero had a plan B, and went and signed the next 2 best defensemen available on the market in a matter of an hour. Good GM's have a plan B, not an excuse filled tirade to fall back on.

    3. Gilbert comes off as an immature douche bag. The things he says, and the way he says them makes him sound like a little kid, or a chick who just got dumped by a guy. Talk about curses,and guarantees of getting a title before Lebron. It's pathetic, very over-emotional and irrational. Lebron doesnt owe you anything. He never asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He gave the Cavs their best 7 years in franchise history, the franchise did little to help him build a title contender, so he left for a better team in a nicer city. Any one of you would do the same. Hell, Florida is full of ex Clevelanders who got better jobs and moved away.

    4. You xxxxing boo'd Lebron in the playoffs. Fully knowing he was about to hit the open market, you boo'd your hometown hero is a loser fashion that only Cleveland fan could stoop to. Then you cry about him leaving when you forced him out the door...

    @silverback said:

    This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year.

    that's why you and your fellow trolls are on OUR board everyday. you must be a politician because you lie right through your teeth. oops! forgot. i meant tooth. douchebag.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Couple of things: 1. Gilbert is from Detroit I believe. He is not a native Clevelander (I am not even sure he lives here)

    2. We KNOW that your opinion is purely one made for spite because you are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. So, you completely lack any credibility. You mihgt not have this same opinion if a big player for the Steelers or Penguins pulled this same kind of BS, fair to say.

    3. Your opinion of Gilbert will not be shared by many people. It is you who come out sounding like the tool. People will talk about what passion an owner has to make this kind of statement, because in fact, most sports owners would come out with their oh so politically correct, mealy mouth statements about a situation like this. If Gilbert had given one of those politically correct, mealy mouthed statements, you would have blasted him for that...because you are a tool and would have criticized his statement no matter what he said

    .

    1. I have no spite towards Lebron or the Cavs. I could really care less where Lebron played, but ESPN shoved the things down our throats all week. This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year. We don't stoop to playing Browns logos on the jumbotron during Penguins games to get people to boo the way they do with Steelers logos at Cleveland games. I've attaneded a bunch of Cavs games over the years. It's the closest place to catch an NBA game, and I've gone there to see Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and Durant play over the years.

    2. If a big player for the Steelers or Penguins left in free agency, I would realize it was FREE AGENCY!!! The team should have signed them before they hit free agency, or built a strong enough team to keep the player happy. If not, move on to the next guy. I wouldn't cry about it, or burn jerseys, or carry on like an idiot like people are doing now. Hell this year in free agency the Penguins lost their best defensman. Knowing it was FREE AGENCY, their GM ray Shero had a plan B, and went and signed the next 2 best defensemen available on the market in a matter of an hour. Good GM's have a plan B, not an excuse filled tirade to fall back on.

    3. Gilbert comes off as an immature douche bag. The things he says, and the way he says them makes him sound like a little kid, or a chick who just got dumped by a guy. Talk about curses,and guarantees of getting a title before Lebron. It's pathetic, very over-emotional and irrational. Lebron doesnt owe you anything. He never asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He gave the Cavs their best 7 years in franchise history, the franchise did little to help him build a title contender, so he left for a better team in a nicer city. Any one of you would do the same. Hell, Florida is full of ex Clevelanders who got better jobs and moved away.

    4. You xxxxing boo'd Lebron in the playoffs. Fully knowing he was about to hit the open market, you boo'd your hometown hero is a loser fashion that only Cleveland fan could stoop to. Then you cry about him leaving when you forced him out the door...

    good Lord; you still dont get it do you ?

    @silverback said:

    1. I have no spite towards Lebron or the Cavs. I could really care less where Lebron played, but ESPN shoved the things down our throats all week. This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year. We don't stoop to playing Browns logos on the jumbotron during Penguins games to get people to boo the way they do with Steelers logos at Cleveland games. I've attaneded a bunch of Cavs games over the years. It's the closest place to catch an NBA game, and I've gone there to see Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and Durant play over the years.

    ESPN shoved it down all our throats. It does not surprise us that Shitsburgh does not give a tit about Cleveland. The feeling is mutual. It pisses us about the way ESPN shoved it down our throat and the way the whole thing was orchestrated by our native boy who decides to insult us in the big stage.

    2. If a big player for the Steelers or Penguins left in free agency, I would realize it was FREE AGENCY!!! The team should have signed them before they hit free agency, or built a strong enough team to keep the player happy. If not, move on to the next guy. I wouldn't cry about it, or burn jerseys, or carry on like an idiot like people are doing now. Hell this year in free agency the Penguins lost their best defensman. Knowing it was FREE AGENCY, their GM ray Shero had a plan B, and went and signed the next 2 best defensemen available on the market in a matter of an hour. Good GM's have a plan B, not an excuse filled tirade to fall back on.

    The reason why this free agency was called unprecedented was cos a huge bunch of top class free agents opted out of their contracts and waited for teams to come woo them with presentations and then all decided to sign with one team screwing a whole lot of teams. Forget Cleveland, do u think that NY, NJ, Chicago, Clippers were all idiots for playing the waiting game ? No. It is just the way it is. That is what makes this year so unique.

    3. Gilbert comes off as an immature douche bag. The things he says, and the way he says them makes him sound like a little kid, or a chick who just got dumped by a guy. Talk about curses,and guarantees of getting a title before Lebron. It's pathetic, very over-emotional and irrational. Lebron doesnt owe you anything. He never asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He gave the Cavs their best 7 years in franchise history, the franchise did little to help him build a title contender, so he left for a better team in a nicer city. Any one of you would do the same. Hell, Florida is full of ex Clevelanders who got better jobs and moved away.

    Sure LeBron does not owe us anything and neither do we. People are sad cos he left - but no hard feelings. But the manner in which he left with a televised exit ? That does feel like a slap in the face and is pretty insulting. People with self respect can empathize, I dont know about you. Again - It is not about the fact that he left, but the way in which he left.

    4. You xxxxing boo'd Lebron in the playoffs. Fully knowing he was about to hit the open market, you boo'd your hometown hero is a loser fashion that only Cleveland fan could stoop to. Then you cry about him leaving when you forced him out the door...

    The crowd did boo him when he quit on us. Maybe in Pittsburgh you are not allowed to boo quitters but over here It is all fair game. And do u really think that if we praised him for quitting on us, he will stay back ? Listen he went to a team with a better talent so that he can win a championship there. That is fine. But he called the national media and had to make his announcement live and then out up a drama there which did not sink well with us or a majority across the country. Please read the prior two sentences until u understand it.