Bernie Kosar reacts to LeBron James deserting Cleveland Fans
-
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....browns_qua.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was more than 12 hours since Bernie Kosar watched "The Decision," and his voice still cracked as he fought off the tears talking about LeBron James leaving the Cavs for the Miami Heat.
"It brought back all the memories," said the former Browns quarterback. "I saw the ball on the ground from The Fumble, the catch in the end zone at the end of The Drive... I even felt some of the same things that I felt when the Browns moved."
But most of all, Kosar felt for Cleveland sports fans - because he is one of them.
"I had this sick sense inside, like when I was cut [by the Browns in 1993]," said Kosar. "All the old emotions came back, watching LeBron."
A native of Youngstown who wanted to play for the Browns and helped the team make that happen when he entered the college draft, Kosar finds it hard to believe James would leave the Cavs.
"He's from here [Akron]," said Kosar. "I really thought that as an athlete, your ultimate goal would be to win a title for your hometown team. That's what drove me when I was with the Browns. I wanted to finish what I started."
It never happened, as Browns fans know ...
"The Drive, The Fumble ..." said Kosar, his voice trailing off.
He thought about James being only 25, how he had plenty of time to re-sign with the Cavs and keep pushing for that title.
"I felt for [Cavs owner] Dan Gilbert watching that show," said Kosar. "I think of all the money that he spent – he tried to win at all cost for the Cavs fans, the town and LeBron. Then to see LeBron was even willing to take less money and help Miami's salary cap – that had to hurt."
Kosar admitted being a bit surprised by the harsh tone of Gilbert's letter criticizing James, but he understood it – and appreciated Gilbert's passion.
"I like an owner who cares, and Dan really cares," said Kosar. "I think he wants us to know that he won't quit, despite what happened with LeBron. It's time for all of us in this town to rally around each other and our teams."
What about James?
"I'm disappointed by this," he said. "I would have loved to sit down and talk to him. I tried at times, but I was never able to get to him. He has a lot of people around him."
-
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....browns_qua.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was more than 12 hours since Bernie Kosar watched "The Decision," and his voice still cracked as he fought off the tears talking about LeBron James leaving the Cavs for the Miami Heat.
"It brought back all the memories," said the former Browns quarterback. "I saw the ball on the ground from The Fumble, the catch in the end zone at the end of The Drive... I even felt some of the same things that I felt when the Browns moved."
But most of all, Kosar felt for Cleveland sports fans - because he is one of them.
"I had this sick sense inside, like when I was cut [by the Browns in 1993]," said Kosar. "All the old emotions came back, watching LeBron."
A native of Youngstown who wanted to play for the Browns and helped the team make that happen when he entered the college draft, Kosar finds it hard to believe James would leave the Cavs.
"He's from here [Akron]," said Kosar. "I really thought that as an athlete, your ultimate goal would be to win a title for your hometown team. That's what drove me when I was with the Browns. I wanted to finish what I started."
It never happened, as Browns fans know ...
"The Drive, The Fumble ..." said Kosar, his voice trailing off.
He thought about James being only 25, how he had plenty of time to re-sign with the Cavs and keep pushing for that title.
"I felt for [Cavs owner] Dan Gilbert watching that show," said Kosar. "I think of all the money that he spent – he tried to win at all cost for the Cavs fans, the town and LeBron. Then to see LeBron was even willing to take less money and help Miami's salary cap – that had to hurt."
Kosar admitted being a bit surprised by the harsh tone of Gilbert's letter criticizing James, but he understood it – and appreciated Gilbert's passion.
"I like an owner who cares, and Dan really cares," said Kosar. "I think he wants us to know that he won't quit, despite what happened with LeBron. It's time for all of us in this town to rally around each other and our teams."
What about James?
"I'm disappointed by this," he said. "I would have loved to sit down and talk to him. I tried at times, but I was never able to get to him. He has a lot of people around him."
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....browns_qua.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was more than 12 hours since Bernie Kosar watched "The Decision," and his voice still cracked as he fought off the tears talking about LeBron James leaving the Cavs for the Miami Heat.
"It brought back all the memories," said the former Browns quarterback. "I saw the ball on the ground from The Fumble, the catch in the end zone at the end of The Drive... I even felt some of the same things that I felt when the Browns moved."
But most of all, Kosar felt for Cleveland sports fans - because he is one of them.
"I had this sick sense inside, like when I was cut [by the Browns in 1993]," said Kosar. "All the old emotions came back, watching LeBron."
A native of Youngstown who wanted to play for the Browns and helped the team make that happen when he entered the college draft, Kosar finds it hard to believe James would leave the Cavs.
"He's from here [Akron]," said Kosar. "I really thought that as an athlete, your ultimate goal would be to win a title for your hometown team. That's what drove me when I was with the Browns. I wanted to finish what I started."
It never happened, as Browns fans know ...
"The Drive, The Fumble ..." said Kosar, his voice trailing off.
He thought about James being only 25, how he had plenty of time to re-sign with the Cavs and keep pushing for that title.
"I felt for [Cavs owner] Dan Gilbert watching that show," said Kosar. "I think of all the money that he spent – he tried to win at all cost for the Cavs fans, the town and LeBron. Then to see LeBron was even willing to take less money and help Miami's salary cap – that had to hurt."
Kosar admitted being a bit surprised by the harsh tone of Gilbert's letter criticizing James, but he understood it – and appreciated Gilbert's passion.
"I like an owner who cares, and Dan really cares," said Kosar. "I think he wants us to know that he won't quit, despite what happened with LeBron. It's time for all of us in this town to rally around each other and our teams."
What about James?
"I'm disappointed by this," he said. "I would have loved to sit down and talk to him. I tried at times, but I was never able to get to him. He has a lot of people around him."
I must admit I felt badly for you guys ... Its like endless Agony. I DO hope it continues through the Football season though , sorry , LOL . But would I would LOVE to see you guys somehow put a team together on the Hardwood to Stun LeBron and his all star henchmen. Go Cavs... Good luck it will be needed.
-
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....browns_qua.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was more than 12 hours since Bernie Kosar watched "The Decision," and his voice still cracked as he fought off the tears talking about LeBron James leaving the Cavs for the Miami Heat.
"It brought back all the memories," said the former Browns quarterback. "I saw the ball on the ground from The Fumble, the catch in the end zone at the end of The Drive... I even felt some of the same things that I felt when the Browns moved."
But most of all, Kosar felt for Cleveland sports fans - because he is one of them.
"I had this sick sense inside, like when I was cut [by the Browns in 1993]," said Kosar. "All the old emotions came back, watching LeBron."
A native of Youngstown who wanted to play for the Browns and helped the team make that happen when he entered the college draft, Kosar finds it hard to believe James would leave the Cavs.
"He's from here [Akron]," said Kosar. "I really thought that as an athlete, your ultimate goal would be to win a title for your hometown team. That's what drove me when I was with the Browns. I wanted to finish what I started."
It never happened, as Browns fans know ...
"The Drive, The Fumble ..." said Kosar, his voice trailing off.
He thought about James being only 25, how he had plenty of time to re-sign with the Cavs and keep pushing for that title.
"I felt for [Cavs owner] Dan Gilbert watching that show," said Kosar. "I think of all the money that he spent – he tried to win at all cost for the Cavs fans, the town and LeBron. Then to see LeBron was even willing to take less money and help Miami's salary cap – that had to hurt."
Kosar admitted being a bit surprised by the harsh tone of Gilbert's letter criticizing James, but he understood it – and appreciated Gilbert's passion.
"I like an owner who cares, and Dan really cares," said Kosar. "I think he wants us to know that he won't quit, despite what happened with LeBron. It's time for all of us in this town to rally around each other and our teams."
What about James?
"I'm disappointed by this," he said. "I would have loved to sit down and talk to him. I tried at times, but I was never able to get to him. He has a lot of people around him."
I must admit I felt badly for you guys ... Its like endless Agony. I DO hope it continues through the Football season though , sorry , LOL . But would I would LOVE to see you guys somehow put a team together on the Hardwood to Stun LeBron and his all star henchmen. Go Cavs... Good luck it will be needed.
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
I must admit I felt badly for you guys ... Its like endless Agony. I DO hope it continues through the Football season though , sorry , LOL . But would I would LOVE to see you guys somehow put a team together on the Hardwood to Stun LeBron and his all star henchmen. Go Cavs... Good luck it will be needed.Why would you want us to suck, you need us to be good. Let's face it, you cannot go without the Browns.
-
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....browns_qua.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was more than 12 hours since Bernie Kosar watched "The Decision," and his voice still cracked as he fought off the tears talking about LeBron James leaving the Cavs for the Miami Heat.
"It brought back all the memories," said the former Browns quarterback. "I saw the ball on the ground from The Fumble, the catch in the end zone at the end of The Drive... I even felt some of the same things that I felt when the Browns moved."
But most of all, Kosar felt for Cleveland sports fans - because he is one of them.
"I had this sick sense inside, like when I was cut [by the Browns in 1993]," said Kosar. "All the old emotions came back, watching LeBron."
A native of Youngstown who wanted to play for the Browns and helped the team make that happen when he entered the college draft, Kosar finds it hard to believe James would leave the Cavs.
"He's from here [Akron]," said Kosar. "I really thought that as an athlete, your ultimate goal would be to win a title for your hometown team. That's what drove me when I was with the Browns. I wanted to finish what I started."
It never happened, as Browns fans know ...
"The Drive, The Fumble ..." said Kosar, his voice trailing off.
He thought about James being only 25, how he had plenty of time to re-sign with the Cavs and keep pushing for that title.
"I felt for [Cavs owner] Dan Gilbert watching that show," said Kosar. "I think of all the money that he spent – he tried to win at all cost for the Cavs fans, the town and LeBron. Then to see LeBron was even willing to take less money and help Miami's salary cap – that had to hurt."
Kosar admitted being a bit surprised by the harsh tone of Gilbert's letter criticizing James, but he understood it – and appreciated Gilbert's passion.
"I like an owner who cares, and Dan really cares," said Kosar. "I think he wants us to know that he won't quit, despite what happened with LeBron. It's time for all of us in this town to rally around each other and our teams."
What about James?
"I'm disappointed by this," he said. "I would have loved to sit down and talk to him. I tried at times, but I was never able to get to him. He has a lot of people around him."
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....browns_qua.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was more than 12 hours since Bernie Kosar watched "The Decision," and his voice still cracked as he fought off the tears talking about LeBron James leaving the Cavs for the Miami Heat.
"It brought back all the memories," said the former Browns quarterback. "I saw the ball on the ground from The Fumble, the catch in the end zone at the end of The Drive... I even felt some of the same things that I felt when the Browns moved."
But most of all, Kosar felt for Cleveland sports fans - because he is one of them.
"I had this sick sense inside, like when I was cut [by the Browns in 1993]," said Kosar. "All the old emotions came back, watching LeBron."
A native of Youngstown who wanted to play for the Browns and helped the team make that happen when he entered the college draft, Kosar finds it hard to believe James would leave the Cavs.
"He's from here [Akron]," said Kosar. "I really thought that as an athlete, your ultimate goal would be to win a title for your hometown team. That's what drove me when I was with the Browns. I wanted to finish what I started."
It never happened, as Browns fans know ...
"The Drive, The Fumble ..." said Kosar, his voice trailing off.
He thought about James being only 25, how he had plenty of time to re-sign with the Cavs and keep pushing for that title.
"I felt for [Cavs owner] Dan Gilbert watching that show," said Kosar. "I think of all the money that he spent – he tried to win at all cost for the Cavs fans, the town and LeBron. Then to see LeBron was even willing to take less money and help Miami's salary cap – that had to hurt."
Kosar admitted being a bit surprised by the harsh tone of Gilbert's letter criticizing James, but he understood it – and appreciated Gilbert's passion.
"I like an owner who cares, and Dan really cares," said Kosar. "I think he wants us to know that he won't quit, despite what happened with LeBron. It's time for all of us in this town to rally around each other and our teams."
What about James?
"I'm disappointed by this," he said. "I would have loved to sit down and talk to him. I tried at times, but I was never able to get to him. He has a lot of people around him."
Great statement by Bernie, I always knew where his heart was......and I now know where LeBron's heart is at the bottom of the piss well
-
Good find,
shared that on my facebook.
-
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index....browns_qua.html
CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was more than 12 hours since Bernie Kosar watched "The Decision," and his voice still cracked as he fought off the tears talking about LeBron James leaving the Cavs for the Miami Heat.
"It brought back all the memories," said the former Browns quarterback. "I saw the ball on the ground from The Fumble, the catch in the end zone at the end of The Drive... I even felt some of the same things that I felt when the Browns moved."
But most of all, Kosar felt for Cleveland sports fans - because he is one of them.
"I had this sick sense inside, like when I was cut [by the Browns in 1993]," said Kosar. "All the old emotions came back, watching LeBron."
A native of Youngstown who wanted to play for the Browns and helped the team make that happen when he entered the college draft, Kosar finds it hard to believe James would leave the Cavs.
"He's from here [Akron]," said Kosar. "I really thought that as an athlete, your ultimate goal would be to win a title for your hometown team. That's what drove me when I was with the Browns. I wanted to finish what I started."
It never happened, as Browns fans know ...
"The Drive, The Fumble ..." said Kosar, his voice trailing off.
He thought about James being only 25, how he had plenty of time to re-sign with the Cavs and keep pushing for that title.
"I felt for [Cavs owner] Dan Gilbert watching that show," said Kosar. "I think of all the money that he spent – he tried to win at all cost for the Cavs fans, the town and LeBron. Then to see LeBron was even willing to take less money and help Miami's salary cap – that had to hurt."
Kosar admitted being a bit surprised by the harsh tone of Gilbert's letter criticizing James, but he understood it – and appreciated Gilbert's passion.
"I like an owner who cares, and Dan really cares," said Kosar. "I think he wants us to know that he won't quit, despite what happened with LeBron. It's time for all of us in this town to rally around each other and our teams."
What about James?
"I'm disappointed by this," he said. "I would have loved to sit down and talk to him. I tried at times, but I was never able to get to him. He has a lot of people around him."
I must admit I felt badly for you guys ... Its like endless Agony. I DO hope it continues through the Football season though , sorry , LOL . But would I would LOVE to see you guys somehow put a team together on the Hardwood to Stun LeBron and his all star henchmen. Go Cavs... Good luck it will be needed.
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
I must admit I felt badly for you guys ... Its like endless Agony. I DO hope it continues through the Football season though , sorry , LOLI hope we smash you guys twice this season.

-
i'm interested in hearing what other former cleveland stars have to say about this. i wonder what austin carr, campy russell and jim chones think about letraitor's move?
-
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
-
this is a perfect example of how a hometown hero should be. you gotta love guys like bernie! and props to wknr and wtam for their extensive coverage of this whole situation. those 2 stations basically went 24 hour cleveland sports talk so us fans could express our anger and dissapointment.
-
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
abao doesn't come on friday and saturday so we won't know what bruce has to say about letraitor till this evening.
-
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
living in ny is tough especially when f.ucked up shit like this happens. all i've got is the internet. believe me venting onto a laptop is nothing like sitting amongst 50 other people who have the same beliefs as you, having a couple of drinks and screaming vulgarities at the top of your lungs. man i need to get back home. ho hum.

-
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
living in ny is tough especially when f.ucked up shit like this happens. all i've got is the internet. believe me venting onto a laptop is nothing like sitting amongst 50 other people who have the same beliefs as you, having a couple of drinks and screaming vulgarities at the top of your lungs. man i need to get back home. ho hum.

living in ny is tough especially when f.ucked up shit like this happens. all i've got is the internet. believe me venting onto a laptop is nothing like sitting amongst 50 other people who have the same beliefs as you, having a couple of drinks and screaming vulgarities at the top of your lungs. man i need to get back home. ho hum.

well, then head home! Were waiting on ya!
plus, you'll be closer to the stadium of believeland!
-
Bernie would have NEVER done this to his hometown!
-
cavs fans boo lebron for missing a free throw and then cry when he leaves. It's only basketball though so screw it, it's not even a good filler sport for football off season. Burning jerseys and shit, lol so childish.
-
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
Sigh, I really miss satelite tv and even more so do i miss STO. What was said on All Bet's Are Off?? I would love to know. Love ya Bernie!!
drennan was on last nite. he pretty much had the same criticisms that everybody else had about letraitor. he was visibly upset with the whole debacle. on a number of occasions he refferred to lebron as a piece of dirt and refferred to the "decision" as the betrayal.
-
cavs fans boo lebron for missing a free throw and then cry when he leaves. It's only basketball though so screw it, it's not even a good filler sport for football off season. Burning jerseys and shit, lol so childish.
cavs fans boo lebron for missing a free throw and then cry when he leaves. It's only basketball though so screw it, it's not even a good filler sport for football off season. Burning jerseys and shit, lol so childish.
only a small amount of cavs fans booed him for missing freethrows. cavs fans had a right to be upset, but some of them took it too far. we do need to move on and not let the decision of one man become so important to us. he's gone and that's that.
-
Formerly Stone said:
I find it comical that people really think an elite player leaving their town is a traitor but yet an elite player coming to their town is just fine (keep in mind that player left his previous town to come to your town).The bottom line is that no matter where LeBron plays/lives his life will be the same/similar. He will make tens of millions, he will have a $20M home, he will have all his ho's and entourage, and he will own the town from an NBA perspective..........so whats the motivation to leave Cleveland?..................He wants to win it all and that won't happen in Cleveland.
hold on. what's that???? did someone hear something??? yeah me neither.
-
Formerly Stone said:
I find it comical that people really think an elite player leaving their town is a traitor but yet an elite player coming to their town is just fine (keep in mind that player left his previous town to come to your town).The bottom line is that no matter where LeBron plays/lives his life will be the same/similar. He will make tens of millions, he will have a $20M home, he will have all his ho's and entourage, and he will own the town from an NBA perspective..........so whats the motivation to leave Cleveland?..................He wants to win it all and that won't happen in Cleveland.
Really?
You mean if like the Taliban offered you more money than whatever you make here you'd take it?

Anyway he was a scumbag by all accounts around here in the Akron area and sure he has the right to do what's best for himself.
He was a asshole about ti and deserves whatever ill treatment he gets.
Why should the fans owe the arrogant prick respect?
WSS
-
cavs fans boo lebron for missing a free throw and then cry when he leaves. It's only basketball though so screw it, it's not even a good filler sport for football off season. Burning jerseys and shit, lol so childish.
cavs fans boo lebron for missing a free throw and then cry when he leaves. It's only basketball though so screw it, it's not even a good filler sport for football off season. Burning jerseys and shit, lol so childish.
Oh look, it's a Barfing hard dude. No wonder he is defending Letraitor!
-
Formerly Stone said:
I find it comical that people really think an elite player leaving their town is a traitor but yet an elite player coming to their town is just fine (keep in mind that player left his previous town to come to your town).What elite player drafted by his hometown team, left for less money to play in another city.
I bet you cant name 1
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login