Skip to content

Larry Asante signs.

The Browns Board
35 18 2.9k
  • I like Assante and think he could be a force to be reckoned with. However, I still have to question where he was drafted. It's on of those weird situations where even if he turns out to be the next Polamalu, it's still a bad pick. We could have easily gotten him in the 4th or even 5th rounds. He hits like a truck, and has tons of potential though. I can't wait to see him play though.

  • http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...n_fifth-ro.html

    CLEVELAND -- Another Browns draft pick reportedly has agreed to contract terms.

    Safety Larry Asante, the team's fifth-round pick, has signed for $1.96 million over four years, reports Adam Caplan of FOXSports.com.

    Asante joins defensive lineman Clifton Geathers and receiver Carlton Mitchell as rookie draft choices under contract. Geathers and Mitchell both were taken in the sixth round.

    Still unsigned are cornerback Joe Haden (first round), safety T.J. Ward (second), running back Montario Hardesty (second), quarterback Colt McCoy (third) and guard Shaun Lauvao (third).

    @theclevelandsound said:

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...n_fifth-ro.html

    CLEVELAND -- Another Browns draft pick reportedly has agreed to contract terms.

    Safety Larry Asante, the team's fifth-round pick, has signed for $1.96 million over four years, reports Adam Caplan of FOXSports.com.

    Asante joins defensive lineman Clifton Geathers and receiver Carlton Mitchell as rookie draft choices under contract. Geathers and Mitchell both were taken in the sixth round.

    Still unsigned are cornerback Joe Haden (first round), safety T.J. Ward (second), running back Montario Hardesty (second), quarterback Colt McCoy (third) and guard Shaun Lauvao (third).

    This is usually the way it goes. The lower round picks usually sign on first, then the higher picks.

    How many first round picks from the latest draft actually are signed yet? Few if any I suspect.

  • I like Assante and think he could be a force to be reckoned with. However, I still have to question where he was drafted. It's on of those weird situations where even if he turns out to be the next Polamalu, it's still a bad pick. We could have easily gotten him in the 4th or even 5th rounds. He hits like a truck, and has tons of potential though. I can't wait to see him play though.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    I like Assante and think he could be a force to be reckoned with. However, I still have to question where he was drafted. It's on of those weird situations where even if he turns out to be the next Polamalu, it's still a bad pick. We could have easily gotten him in the 4th or even 5th rounds. He hits like a truck, and has tons of potential though. I can't wait to see him play though.

    I'm pretty sure you are talking about tj ward. If ward ends up as good as polly he was a good pick, imho any pro bowler is a good pick in the 2nd round

  • I like Assante and think he could be a force to be reckoned with. However, I still have to question where he was drafted. It's on of those weird situations where even if he turns out to be the next Polamalu, it's still a bad pick. We could have easily gotten him in the 4th or even 5th rounds. He hits like a truck, and has tons of potential though. I can't wait to see him play though.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    I like Assante and think he could be a force to be reckoned with. However, I still have to question where he was drafted. It's on of those weird situations where even if he turns out to be the next Polamalu, it's still a bad pick. We could have easily gotten him in the 4th or even 5th rounds. He hits like a truck, and has tons of potential though. I can't wait to see him play though.

    Um... I don't understand. He *was* drafted in the 5th round.

  • For me the season starts at the beginning of training camp . Or a few days before . I am a year around man . lol

    @neweradawg said:

    For me the season starts at the beginning of training camp . Or a few days before . I am a year around man . lol

    Amen brother!

  • well, so far things are moving along smoothly with our picks. hopefully the rest of them get it done asap.

  • For me the season starts at the beginning of training camp . Or a few days before . I am a year around man . lol

    @neweradawg said:

    For me the season starts at the beginning of training camp . Or a few days before . I am a year around man . lol

    yeah, tc and the pre-season games are right around the corner. i can't wait to see those orange helmets on the field!

  • Larry will be good, thi year most likely will be on special teams, Lets get this show on the road, cant wait till preseason. Just to give you guys a heads up for NFL Sunday ticket this year, Last year I payed 275 and this year its over 300 for the same crap. I dont know why it went up but it did, I will pay it like always but this is getting really expensive.

  • Larry will be good, thi year most likely will be on special teams, Lets get this show on the road, cant wait till preseason. Just to give you guys a heads up for NFL Sunday ticket this year, Last year I payed 275 and this year its over 300 for the same crap. I dont know why it went up but it did, I will pay it like always but this is getting really expensive.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Larry will be good, thi year most likely will be on special teams, Lets get this show on the road, cant wait till preseason. Just to give you guys a heads up for NFL Sunday ticket this year, Last year I payed 275 and this year its over 300 for the same crap. I dont know why it went up but it did, I will pay it like always but this is getting really expensive.

    Went up because now you don't have to pay extra for HD

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Larry will be good, thi year most likely will be on special teams, Lets get this show on the road, cant wait till preseason. Just to give you guys a heads up for NFL Sunday ticket this year, Last year I payed 275 and this year its over 300 for the same crap. I dont know why it went up but it did, I will pay it like always but this is getting really expensive.

    Went up because now you don't have to pay extra for HD

    @thaak said:

    Went up because now you don't have to pay extra for HD

    Gotcha, Thanks.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    I like Assante and think he could be a force to be reckoned with. However, I still have to question where he was drafted. It's on of those weird situations where even if he turns out to be the next Polamalu, it's still a bad pick. We could have easily gotten him in the 4th or even 5th rounds. He hits like a truck, and has tons of potential though. I can't wait to see him play though.

    I'm pretty sure you are talking about tj ward. If ward ends up as good as polly he was a good pick, imho any pro bowler is a good pick in the 2nd round

    @dawgtracker said:

    I'm pretty sure you are talking about tj ward. If ward ends up as good as polly he was a good pick, imho any pro bowler is a good pick in the 2nd round

    woops, you're right. wrong safety. haha

  • @dawgtracker said:

    I'm pretty sure you are talking about tj ward. If ward ends up as good as polly he was a good pick, imho any pro bowler is a good pick in the 2nd round

    woops, you're right. wrong safety. haha

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    woops, you're right. wrong safety. haha

    That leatherhead hat of yours too tight CFFL!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

    Having ANY decent safety play will make me happy this season - It's been a frustration of mine (and yours I'm sure) seeing the hole plugged by underachievers and filler inners for the last few seasons. I'm keeping my eye on Ward and assante in camp as a priority. (I say my eye, I'm going to have to rely on Atenears reports as usual)

  • Larry will be good, thi year most likely will be on special teams, Lets get this show on the road, cant wait till preseason. Just to give you guys a heads up for NFL Sunday ticket this year, Last year I payed 275 and this year its over 300 for the same crap. I dont know why it went up but it did, I will pay it like always but this is getting really expensive.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Larry will be good, thi year most likely will be on special teams, Lets get this show on the road, cant wait till preseason. Just to give you guys a heads up for NFL Sunday ticket this year, Last year I payed 275 and this year its over 300 for the same crap. I dont know why it went up but it did, I will pay it like always but this is getting really expensive.

    You my's well get season tickets

  • $300 is ridiculous

    i'll just go the local backers bar, get drunk, and high-five strangers.

  • $300 is ridiculous

    i'll just go the local backers bar, get drunk, and high-five strangers.

    @mudratdetector said:

    $300 is ridiculous

    i'll just go the local backers bar, get drunk, and high-five strangers.

    Is it?

    Lets do the math.

    $300.00 divided by 17 weeks = $17.65 every Sunday.

    Will you spend more than $18.00 at the bar? Probably.

  • @mudratdetector said:

    $300 is ridiculous

    i'll just go the local backers bar, get drunk, and high-five strangers.

    Is it?

    Lets do the math.

    $300.00 divided by 17 weeks = $17.65 every Sunday.

    Will you spend more than $18.00 at the bar? Probably.

    @thaak said:

    Is it?

    Lets do the math.

    $300.00 divided by 17 weeks = $17.65 every Sunday.

    Will you spend more than $18.00 at the bar? Probably.

    i usually don't spend that much at the bar and i even drink heady brews. some of the games are on in my viewing area as well, so i probably go to the bar 6x a season. i'll be in the stands for 3 games this year, too ๐Ÿ™‚

  • @thaak said:

    Is it?

    Lets do the math.

    $300.00 divided by 17 weeks = $17.65 every Sunday.

    Will you spend more than $18.00 at the bar? Probably.

    i usually don't spend that much at the bar and i even drink heady brews. some of the games are on in my viewing area as well, so i probably go to the bar 6x a season. i'll be in the stands for 3 games this year, too ๐Ÿ™‚

    @mudratdetector said:

    i usually don't spend that much at the bar and i even drink heady brews. some of the games are on in my viewing area as well, so i probably go to the bar 6x a season. i'll be in the stands for 3 games this year, too ๐Ÿ™‚

    If you live in market, then I think NFL Sunday Package is a waste.

    I donโ€™t drink that much, but you also have to eat. The bar I would go to, I can easily spend $12 without thinking. And thatโ€™s with the $5 mini-pitchers and half-priced apps (8 wings is a full meal for $4.50). Plus tax and tip? If I stay at the bar for 2 games (which we often do) then thatโ€™s at least one more mini-pitcher and one more appetizer. Thatโ€™s easily $20.

    You may be the exception to the rule, as most people who go to the bar to watch a game spend at least $20 to $30, not including gas.

    $17.65 a game is a fairly reasonable price actually.

  • $300 is ridiculous

    i'll just go the local backers bar, get drunk, and high-five strangers.

    @mudratdetector said:

    i'll just go the local backers bar, get drunk, and high-five strangers.

    sounds good on paper, but 16/300=$18.75 per game.

    if you can get drunk and still keep your bar bill below that you must be about 50 lbs...(and a super shitty tipper lol) ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜„

    $300 is ridiculous

    huh. i could've sworn i paid $350.00 the year before last using the 5 payment flex-pay option. $300 doesn't seem high to me actually.

    EDIT: i see your follow-up post now. bar cost is the dilemma i had, cuz i drop at least $50 by myself. this year my fan uniform will probably consist of brownie underwear, socks, and a beer coolie as i fart freely and avoid drinking and driving from the comforts of my own couch...considering a DUI generally costs about 4X the price of season tickets (4K +) i can definitely see the value @ $300.

  • @mudratdetector said:

    $300 is ridiculous

    i'll just go the local backers bar, get drunk, and high-five strangers.

    Is it?

    Lets do the math.

    $300.00 divided by 17 weeks = $17.65 every Sunday.

    Will you spend more than $18.00 at the bar? Probably.

    @thaak said:

    Is it?

    Lets do the math.

    $300.00 divided by 17 weeks = $17.65 every Sunday.

    Will you spend more than $18.00 at the bar? Probably.

    There's a old bar about 1/2 mile from my house that has 1$ bottles for browns games. So if you add the ticket, a 12 pack of beer, and a pizza to stay at home ita cost about 40$. I can get 10 wings and 10 beers at the bar for 15

  • wow! you got it goin on nmills. i wish i could touch that. ๐Ÿ˜Ž