Skip to content

Randy Learner

The Browns Board
37 15 4.3k
  • 472_NpAdvHover.jpg
  • @theclevelandsound said:

    472_NpAdvHover.jpg

    This is Al Lerner isn't it? Not Randy. Taken when the Stadium was being built.

  • Owners are like relatives, you can't pick them.

  • This is apparently Randy's "castle" in England. I wonder if it has more square footage than LeBron's house:

    1247076066-img_1198.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    This is apparently Randy's "castle" in England. I wonder if it has more square footage than LeBron's house:

    1247076066-img_1198.jpg

    Even though Lebron is Rich, he can't come close to this guy. (But that is his goal).

  • @the-gipper said:

    This is apparently Randy's "castle" in England. I wonder if it has more square footage than LeBron's house:

    1247076066-img_1198.jpg

    Even though Lebron is Rich, he can't come close to this guy. (But that is his goal).

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Even though Lebron is Rich, he can't come close to this guy. (But that is his goal).

    I read somewhere else that this is not his English castle, but that this was Al Lerner's estate in Chagrin Falls.

    But I don't think so. I though Al Lerner lived on like Nortpark Blvd. in Shaker Hts, not in Chagrin.

    I think this is the English estate.

  • Here is more info I found online about Randy:

    You heard it here first. In the 2008 Birmingham Post Rich List we gave you the exclusive news that Brooklyn-born Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner was buying a house near Birmingham. A few weeks later it was confirmed by the man himself. He is renovating a property in Bodymoor Heath, close to Villa’s training ground. In fact that’s just one of the ways in which the US entrepreneur and lawyer is differentiating himself from some other overseas owners of British soccer clubs. He is immersing himself in his adopted city and country, its culture and its heritage. And he is treating the club he owns with respect. He understands that it is a venerable institution with a long history and proud heritage, not simply an investment vehicle to be laden with debt.

    As well as a lover of football, he is deeply appreciative of the arts; a fact underlined by his patronage of the National Portrait gallery with a gift of £5 million – the gallery’s biggest ever single gift. In acknowledgement of his generosity the ground floor galleries have been renamed The Lerner Galleries. I’ve scoured the country for the Glazer Galleries or the Abramowitz Art Museum but don’t seem to be able to find them. And he continues to bankroll Villa manager Martin O’Neill’s transfer ambitions, allowing O’Neill to set the pace at which the team is developed. He has also spent £4 million on the much needed renovation of the historically important Holte Hotel, the only surviving remnant of the Victorian Aston Lower Grounds. Randy Lerner, who is 46, also owns American football team the Cleveland Browns. His interest in Aston Villa began in 1983 when he spent a year at Clare College, Cambridge. He followed the team, along with Arsenal and Fulham.

    OK, so, did Randy give 5 mill. bucks to the Cleveland Art Museum, which may be one of the 5 or 10 best in the country? What about spending 4 mill. on the renovation of local Cleveland landmarks? There certainly are enough that probably need it.

  • This is apparently Randy's "castle" in England. I wonder if it has more square footage than LeBron's house:

    1247076066-img_1198.jpg

    @the-gipper said:

    This is apparently Randy's "castle" in England. I wonder if it has more square footage than LeBron's house:

    1247076066-img_1198.jpg

    Looks like Brett's enclave outside Gulfport

  • I also understand that one of the reasons Lerner never does interviews is that he has a severe speech impediment, almost to the point of being a disability and that is why he almost always only gives written responses, not verbal, to questions. I am not saying he isn't highly intellectual. I think he went to Columbia Law School, but he apparently has severe vocal issues.

    Anyone know anything about this?

  • I also understand that one of the reasons Lerner never does interviews is that he has a severe speech impediment, almost to the point of being a disability and that is why he almost always only gives written responses, not verbal, to questions. I am not saying he isn't highly intellectual. I think he went to Columbia Law School, but he apparently has severe vocal issues.

    Anyone know anything about this?

    @the-gipper said:

    I also understand that one of the reasons Lerner never does interviews is that he has a severe speech impediment, almost to the point of being a disability and that is why he almost always only gives written responses, not verbal, to questions. I am not saying he isn't highly intellectual. I think he went to Columbia Law School, but he apparently has severe vocal issues.

    Anyone know anything about this?

    he should feel at home in England where severe vocal issues are the norm.....

    it is speculated that untreated tertiary syphillis is the underlying cause of the widespread speech impediments

  • I don't really care about any "speech disabilities". The guy inherited the team from his father. Give him a break.

  • I agree.....I think he is a good owner who is trying to hire the right people.

    At least he is smart enough to know he can't run the team so he puts people in place and allows them the latitude.

    on a side note...that looks like a English estate....gardens, tennis court, croquette lawn at top right....maybe even a few par 3's at the top of the photo around the lake...looks like a bunker to the top left.

  • Hi all, hope you don't mind me invading your boards and I won't interrupt your daily goings on for long. I support Aston Villa and I wondered if you would giving me your thoughts on the following?

    What are your feelings about Randy Learner, has he been good for your club since he took over after his fathers passing?

    Do you feel that RL should be doing more at your club?

    Do you feel that RL has your club at heart? or do you feel he has other motives of been involved at your club.

    Thanks in anticipation. Have a good season.

    forevaavillan1 said:

    Hi all, hope you don't mind me invading your boards and I won't interrupt your daily goings on for long. I support Aston Villa and I wondered if you would giving me your thoughts on the following?

    What are your feelings about Randy Learner, has he been good for your club since he took over after his fathers passing?

    Do you feel that RL should be doing more at your club?

    Do you feel that RL has your club at heart? or do you feel he has other motives of been involved at your club.

    Thanks in anticipation. Have a good season.

    First off the Lerners have owned the franchise since 1995.................one would think intelligent questions about the owner would spell the name correctly

  • forevaavillan1 said:

    Hi all, hope you don't mind me invading your boards and I won't interrupt your daily goings on for long. I support Aston Villa and I wondered if you would giving me your thoughts on the following?

    What are your feelings about Randy Learner, has he been good for your club since he took over after his fathers passing?

    Do you feel that RL should be doing more at your club?

    Do you feel that RL has your club at heart? or do you feel he has other motives of been involved at your club.

    Thanks in anticipation. Have a good season.

    First off the Lerners have owned the franchise since 1995.................one would think intelligent questions about the owner would spell the name correctly

    @rich4eagle said:

    First off the Lerners have owned the franchise since 1995.................one would think intelligent questions about the owner would spell the name correctly

    The guy is a Brit...they spell things a bit differently...I'd cut some slack in that regard.

  • Spell check smack is a beginners tool .

  • I agree.....I think he is a good owner who is trying to hire the right people.

    At least he is smart enough to know he can't run the team so he puts people in place and allows them the latitude.

    on a side note...that looks like a English estate....gardens, tennis court, croquette lawn at top right....maybe even a few par 3's at the top of the photo around the lake...looks like a bunker to the top left.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree.....I think he is a good owner who is trying to hire the right people.

    At least he is smart enough to know he can't run the team so he puts people in place and allows them the latitude.

    on a side note...that looks like a English estate....gardens, tennis court, croquette lawn at top right....maybe even a few par 3's at the top of the photo around the lake...looks like a bunker to the top left.

    I agree that it does look "English", but if you know anything about Hunting Valley or Moreland Hills those areas could have a few such "English" looking estates.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    First off the Lerners have owned the franchise since 1995.................one would think intelligent questions about the owner would spell the name correctly

    The guy is a Brit...they spell things a bit differently...I'd cut some slack in that regard.

    @ballpeen said:

    The guy is a Brit...they spell things a bit differently...I'd cut some slack in that regard.

    And actually "Learner" is the more prevalent spelling of the name.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I agree.....I think he is a good owner who is trying to hire the right people.

    At least he is smart enough to know he can't run the team so he puts people in place and allows them the latitude.

    on a side note...that looks like a English estate....gardens, tennis court, croquette lawn at top right....maybe even a few par 3's at the top of the photo around the lake...looks like a bunker to the top left.

    I agree that it does look "English", but if you know anything about Hunting Valley or Moreland Hills those areas could have a few such "English" looking estates.

    @the-gipper said:

    I agree that it does look "English", but if you know anything about Hunting Valley or Moreland Hills those areas could have a few such "English" looking estates.

    I know there are places like that in Hunting Valley....I really wasn't trying to speculate on if it is in England or not.

  • When my daughter attended NYU, I briefly met Randy Lerner.. The extent of our meeting was my introducing myself as a die-hard Browns fan and him saying something to the affect that the Browns will soon win the big one...

    I understand that when the Browns trained at Hiram College he was seen shagging footballs on numerous occasions...

    From what I understand his passion for the Browns is genuine... Remember, he inherited the team, had no idea how to run a football franchise and has spent a ton of money trying to get it right....

    I think he has learned from his early failures and has finally (I hope) put the right football people in charge to run this great team....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • When my daughter attended NYU, I briefly met Randy Lerner.. The extent of our meeting was my introducing myself as a die-hard Browns fan and him saying something to the affect that the Browns will soon win the big one...

    I understand that when the Browns trained at Hiram College he was seen shagging footballs on numerous occasions...

    From what I understand his passion for the Browns is genuine... Remember, he inherited the team, had no idea how to run a football franchise and has spent a ton of money trying to get it right....

    I think he has learned from his early failures and has finally (I hope) put the right football people in charge to run this great team....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    @daddybull1 said:

    When my daughter attended NYU, I briefly met Randy Lerner.. The extent of our meeting was my introducing myself as a die-hard Browns fan and him saying something to the affect that the Browns will soon win the big one...

    I understand that when the Browns trained at Hiram College he was seen shagging footballs on numerous occasions...

    From what I understand his passion for the Browns is genuine... Remember, he inherited the team, had no idea how to run a football franchise and has spent a ton of money trying to get it right....

    I think he has learned from his early failures and has finally (I hope) put the right football people in charge to run this great team....

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    Nice. How long ago was it when you met him? I truly think that this team is FINALLY heading in the right direction.

  • I agree.....I think he is a good owner who is trying to hire the right people.

    At least he is smart enough to know he can't run the team so he puts people in place and allows them the latitude.

    on a side note...that looks like a English estate....gardens, tennis court, croquette lawn at top right....maybe even a few par 3's at the top of the photo around the lake...looks like a bunker to the top left.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree.....I think he is a good owner who is trying to hire the right people.

    At least he is smart enough to know he can't run the team so he puts people in place and allows them the latitude.

    on a side note...that looks like a English estate....gardens, tennis court, croquette lawn at top right....maybe even a few par 3's at the top of the photo around the lake...looks like a bunker to the top left.

    You know we all live in places like that over here Peen. For a moment I actually thought it WAS my house 😉