Skip to content

Defensive Rookie of the Year

The Browns Board
22 7 1.6k
  • V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #8
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Round 1): 33 TT, 3 INT, 15 PD

    Lots of tackles, nice INT numbers, and 15 PD's.

    This kid is going to be good, and with the attention he is getting and the fact that he is improving over the course of the season, I think he trumps Horton, who has may be sitting out this Sunday with an injury.

  • S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Whatever happened to Beau "Patrick Starfish" Bell - the heralded LB of the stains future? I see he gets a tackle every other game, yinz not playing him much?

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

  • Whatever happened to Beau "Patrick Starfish" Bell - the heralded LB of the stains future? I see he gets a tackle every other game, yinz not playing him much?

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Steeler SChuck said:

    Whatever happened to Beau "Patrick Starfish" Bell - the heralded LB of the stains future? I see he gets a tackle every other game, yinz not playing him much?

    Dude what is the point of you traveling around the boards on the net? What is this, the 15th board you've been on tonight? Put the beer down and pick up some weights and get in shape. Your fatass is sucking the blood from your brain.

    I swear, I feel the need to stand at the top of the gene pool with a gallon of clorox.

  • Steeler SChuck said:

    Whatever happened to Beau "Patrick Starfish" Bell - the heralded LB of the stains future? I see he gets a tackle every other game, yinz not playing him much?

    Dude what is the point of you traveling around the boards on the net? What is this, the 15th board you've been on tonight? Put the beer down and pick up some weights and get in shape. Your fatass is sucking the blood from your brain.

    I swear, I feel the need to stand at the top of the gene pool with a gallon of clorox.

    S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @vegasdogg said:

    Dude what is the point of you traveling around the boards on the net? What is this, the 15th board you've been on tonight? Put the beer down and pick up some weights and get in shape. Your fatass is sucking the blood from your brain.

    I swear, I feel the need to stand at the top of the gene pool with a gallon of clorox.

    ... says the poster with nearly 5,800 posts.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

  • @vegasdogg said:

    Dude what is the point of you traveling around the boards on the net? What is this, the 15th board you've been on tonight? Put the beer down and pick up some weights and get in shape. Your fatass is sucking the blood from your brain.

    I swear, I feel the need to stand at the top of the gene pool with a gallon of clorox.

    ... says the poster with nearly 5,800 posts.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Steeler SChuck said:

    ... says the poster with nearly 5,800 posts.

    5,000 of those were me arguing with Shep.

  • Steeler SChuck said:

    ... says the poster with nearly 5,800 posts.

    5,000 of those were me arguing with Shep.

    S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @vegasdogg said:

    5,000 of those were me arguing with Shep.

    So address the question instead of getting pissy, DD.

    Where's Beau?

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Where's Bruce Davis?

    I could get trashing Beau Bell if he'd been a 1st Round pick, but it's just silly to be mocking a mid-round guy for having 3 tackles in the games he played specials in, especially when your 3rd Round pick hasn't even notched a single tackle in his five outings on specials.

    And before you say, "Well, there's plenty of talent ahead of B. Davis," let me know if he got a chance to play defense in Week 10 when LaMarr Woodley was out. Seriously, I'd like to know.

    I'm guessing not, considering how he got thrown around like a rag doll in the preseason games. The only time I heard good things about him was when he matched up against Tony Hills in practice. And that's not saying much, considering how Hills seemed to make it his personal mission to get Dennis Dixon killed during the preseason games.

  • Where's Bruce Davis?

    I could get trashing Beau Bell if he'd been a 1st Round pick, but it's just silly to be mocking a mid-round guy for having 3 tackles in the games he played specials in, especially when your 3rd Round pick hasn't even notched a single tackle in his five outings on specials.

    And before you say, "Well, there's plenty of talent ahead of B. Davis," let me know if he got a chance to play defense in Week 10 when LaMarr Woodley was out. Seriously, I'd like to know.

    I'm guessing not, considering how he got thrown around like a rag doll in the preseason games. The only time I heard good things about him was when he matched up against Tony Hills in practice. And that's not saying much, considering how Hills seemed to make it his personal mission to get Dennis Dixon killed during the preseason games.

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Aloysius said:

    Where's Bruce Davis?

    I could get trashing Beau Bell if he'd been a 1st Round pick, but it's just silly to be mocking a mid-round guy for having 3 tackles in the games he played specials in, especially when your 3rd Round pick hasn't even notched a single tackle in his five outings on specials.

    And before you say, "Well, there's plenty of talent ahead of B. Davis," let me know if he got a chance to play defense in Week 10 when LaMarr Woodley was out. Seriously, I'd like to know.

    I'm guessing not, considering how he got thrown around like a rag doll in the preseason games. The only time I heard good things about him was when he matched up against Tony Hills in practice. And that's not saying much, considering how Hills seemed to make it his personal mission to get Dennis Dixon killed during the preseason games.

    maybe we should be asking where is all of PS 3rd round picks or his second day draft picks in the past 4 years?

    you make a valid point on bell

  • DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Excuse SChuck, he's not a football fan so he doesn't know that Bell has been injured for half the season. And he's yet to understand the difference between a Browns fan on a Browns board and a Steeler fan on a Browns board.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    5,000 of those were me arguing with Shep.

    So address the question instead of getting pissy, DD.

    Where's Beau?

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Steeler SChuck said:

    So address the question instead of getting pissy, DD.

    Where's Beau?

    Are you asking me why our 4th round LB is not DROY? Are you this dense? It is a thread about DROY you moron, of course I am getting pissy. Your post was not about football, it was about busting balls, which you only want to do. Have a football take or STFU.

  • Where's Bruce Davis?

    I could get trashing Beau Bell if he'd been a 1st Round pick, but it's just silly to be mocking a mid-round guy for having 3 tackles in the games he played specials in, especially when your 3rd Round pick hasn't even notched a single tackle in his five outings on specials.

    And before you say, "Well, there's plenty of talent ahead of B. Davis," let me know if he got a chance to play defense in Week 10 when LaMarr Woodley was out. Seriously, I'd like to know.

    I'm guessing not, considering how he got thrown around like a rag doll in the preseason games. The only time I heard good things about him was when he matched up against Tony Hills in practice. And that's not saying much, considering how Hills seemed to make it his personal mission to get Dennis Dixon killed during the preseason games.

    S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Aloysius said:

    Where's Bruce Davis?

    I could get trashing Beau Bell if he'd been a 1st Round pick, but it's just silly to be mocking a mid-round guy for having 3 tackles in the games he played specials in, especially when your 3rd Round pick hasn't even notched a single tackle in his five outings on specials.

    And before you say, "Well, there's plenty of talent ahead of B. Davis," let me know if he got a chance to play defense in Week 10 when LaMarr Woodley was out. Seriously, I'd like to know.

    I'm guessing not, considering how he got thrown around like a rag doll in the preseason games. The only time I heard good things about him was when he matched up against Tony Hills in practice. And that's not saying much, considering how Hills seemed to make it his personal mission to get Dennis Dixon killed during the preseason games.

    a] I have no idea where Davis is - I wondered that myself so much that I posted that question on Steeler forums, and nobody had an answer.

    b] Nobody on Steeler forums projected Davis to have any kind of significant impact this year like Bell was projected to here, hence my question.

    c] No doubt, stains fans are the densest in the NFL. Yinz can't even answer this simple questions after 2 or 3 tries. DNA level C all the way.

    Regards

    ..... an'at

    .

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Monthly winners thus far:

    • September: Chris Horton
    • October: Jerod Mayo
    • November: Leodis McKelvin
    I think DRC needs an amazing December to win the award.

    No question he started off the month well: last week, he notched 5 tackles and returned a pick 99 yards for a TD.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #20
  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @shepwrite said:

    I'd take note that six straight linebackers have won the award.

    Yep. And Mike Mayock says Curry is a faster, more athletic version of the guy who won it this year (Mayo). Todd McShay disagrees - he says Curry is more like the guy who won it last year (P. Willis).

    I think Curry wins it next year.

  • I'm with you, Alo. I think Horton wins it, hands-down. He's really the only rookie making a discernible impact on D.

    ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #22

    mz. said:

    I think Horton wins it, hands-down. He's really the only rookie making a discernible impact on D.

    Man, I say some stupid shit sometimes. 🙂