T.O. a Bengal
-
nmills said:
Look at the receivers on there roster. There gonna have to cut some pretty good receivers that we could possibly pick upOwens, Terrell
Bryant, Antonio
Caldwell, Andre
Briscoe, Dezmon
Brown, Freddie
Cosby, Quan
Jones, Matt
Ochocinco, Chad
Purify, Maurice
Shipley, Jordan
Simpson, Jerome
Um who? They'll keep Owens, Bryant, Johnson (ocho) and I imagine Caldwell and Simpson. Matt Jones? Purify? There isn't a receiver outside the 5 mentioned I'd want on a roster I follow. Camp fodder. Matt Jones has never lived up to his potential, has a drug problem and isn't getting any younger. I don't know a ton about Shipley but he certainly wouldn't be considered good considering his lack of NFL production. All I know is the Bengals are going to implode and not because I dislike T.O. I actually like T.O and Chad Johnson. It's just the way that organization works. "Who dey gonna arrest next" ?
Homotron said:
Um who? They'll keep Owens, Bryant, Johnson (ocho) and I imagine Caldwell and Simpson. Matt Jones? Purify? There isn't a receiver outside the 5 mentioned I'd want on a roster I follow. Camp fodder. Matt Jones has never lived up to his potential, has a drug problem and isn't getting any younger. I don't know a ton about Shipley but he certainly wouldn't be considered good considering his lack of NFL production. All I know is the Bengals are going to implode and not because I dislike T.O. I actually like T.O and Chad Johnson. It's just the way that organization works. "Who dey gonna arrest next" ?More than likely they'll keep Shipley and Briscoe but I liked both of them guys in this past draft and I'm sure McCoy would love to have Shipley. They could let Bryant go Matt Jones even Caldwell or Simpson who haven't lived up to there draft slot yet. Nobody know's who'll they ship out, it'll be interesting to see and considering what we have I'd take a look at almost any of them
-
Not sure I want a player that has been brought up through that cancer of an organization. Some of these guys probably would be in shock going to a disciplined team.
-
Homotron said:
Um who? They'll keep Owens, Bryant, Johnson (ocho) and I imagine Caldwell and Simpson. Matt Jones? Purify? There isn't a receiver outside the 5 mentioned I'd want on a roster I follow. Camp fodder. Matt Jones has never lived up to his potential, has a drug problem and isn't getting any younger. I don't know a ton about Shipley but he certainly wouldn't be considered good considering his lack of NFL production. All I know is the Bengals are going to implode and not because I dislike T.O. I actually like T.O and Chad Johnson. It's just the way that organization works. "Who dey gonna arrest next" ?More than likely they'll keep Shipley and Briscoe but I liked both of them guys in this past draft and I'm sure McCoy would love to have Shipley. They could let Bryant go Matt Jones even Caldwell or Simpson who haven't lived up to there draft slot yet. Nobody know's who'll they ship out, it'll be interesting to see and considering what we have I'd take a look at almost any of them
nmills said:
More than likely they'll keep Shipley and Briscoe but I liked both of them guys in this past draft and I'm sure McCoy would love to have Shipley. They could let Bryant go Matt Jones even Caldwell or Simpson who haven't lived up to there draft slot yet. Nobody know's who'll they ship out, it'll be interesting to see and considering what we have I'd take a look at almost any of themLet Antonio Bryant go? Did you watch football outside of Cleveland last season or the season before? They just signed him to relatively big money and he lived up to his draft stock when he was with Tampa Bay. Last year I believe he was banged up. The year before he had something like 1300 yards. He's certainly not going anywhere. No idea on Caldwell or Simpson I just know each were drafted relatively high.
-
I would love to get Cosby or Shipley. Cosby they both played at Texas and if Colt is really the qb of the future it would be perfect.
-
I would love to get Cosby or Shipley. Cosby they both played at Texas and if Colt is really the qb of the future it would be perfect.
I would love to get Cosby or Shipley. Cosby they both played at Texas and if Colt is really the qb of the future it would be perfect.
Assuming that any one of them lives up to be anything worth talking about in the NFL. McCoy has the greatest chance but there have been plenty of college qb/wr connections that never materialize. Martin Nance for example played with Big Ben at Miami and could never make the roster. Cincy wouldn't have went out and signed T.O if they were confident in the others not named Chad Johnson and Antonio Bryant. I wouldn't be excited about training camp cast offs.
-
nmills said:
Look at the receivers on there roster. There gonna have to cut some pretty good receivers that we could possibly pick upOwens, Terrell
Bryant, Antonio
Caldwell, Andre
Briscoe, Dezmon
Brown, Freddie
Cosby, Quan
Jones, Matt
Ochocinco, Chad
Purify, Maurice
Shipley, Jordan
Simpson, Jerome
Um who? They'll keep Owens, Bryant, Johnson (ocho) and I imagine Caldwell and Simpson. Matt Jones? Purify? There isn't a receiver outside the 5 mentioned I'd want on a roster I follow. Camp fodder. Matt Jones has never lived up to his potential, has a drug problem and isn't getting any younger. I don't know a ton about Shipley but he certainly wouldn't be considered good considering his lack of NFL production. All I know is the Bengals are going to implode and not because I dislike T.O. I actually like T.O and Chad Johnson. It's just the way that organization works. "Who dey gonna arrest next" ?
Homotron said:
Um who? They'll keep Owens, Bryant, Johnson (ocho) and I imagine Caldwell and Simpson. Matt Jones? Purify? There isn't a receiver outside the 5 mentioned I'd want on a roster I follow. Camp fodder. Matt Jones has never lived up to his potential, has a drug problem and isn't getting any younger. I don't know a ton about Shipley but he certainly wouldn't be considered good considering his lack of NFL production. All I know is the Bengals are going to implode and not because I dislike T.O. I actually like T.O and Chad Johnson. It's just the way that organization works. "Who dey gonna arrest next" ?You're still mad about Santonio. Don't hate.
-
Homotron said:
Um who? They'll keep Owens, Bryant, Johnson (ocho) and I imagine Caldwell and Simpson. Matt Jones? Purify? There isn't a receiver outside the 5 mentioned I'd want on a roster I follow. Camp fodder. Matt Jones has never lived up to his potential, has a drug problem and isn't getting any younger. I don't know a ton about Shipley but he certainly wouldn't be considered good considering his lack of NFL production. All I know is the Bengals are going to implode and not because I dislike T.O. I actually like T.O and Chad Johnson. It's just the way that organization works. "Who dey gonna arrest next" ?You're still mad about Santonio. Don't hate.
Raven said:
You're still mad about Santonio. Don't hate.I'm actually not and there aren't a lot of people that are after they parlayed that pick in to bringing McFadden back in to the fold. Holmes had become a continuous headache and wasn't going to get any better. The Rooney's forced him out for a reason and the team should be better off because of it. Mike Wallace will also be able to accelerate his development. Would I have liked more? Absolutely but once again the trade improved our secondary and that was a weakness last season.
-
Nice to see the Bengals still remain the only team in the NFL with integrity
-
Antonio Bryant would look great in a browns uniform.............o wait.
-
nmills said:
More than likely they'll keep Shipley and Briscoe but I liked both of them guys in this past draft and I'm sure McCoy would love to have Shipley. They could let Bryant go Matt Jones even Caldwell or Simpson who haven't lived up to there draft slot yet. Nobody know's who'll they ship out, it'll be interesting to see and considering what we have I'd take a look at almost any of themLet Antonio Bryant go? Did you watch football outside of Cleveland last season or the season before? They just signed him to relatively big money and he lived up to his draft stock when he was with Tampa Bay. Last year I believe he was banged up. The year before he had something like 1300 yards. He's certainly not going anywhere. No idea on Caldwell or Simpson I just know each were drafted relatively high.
Homotron said:
Let Antonio Bryant go? Did you watch football outside of Cleveland last season or the season before? They just signed him to relatively big money and he lived up to his draft stock when he was with Tampa Bay. Last year I believe he was banged up. The year before he had something like 1300 yards. He's certainly not going anywhere. No idea on Caldwell or Simpson I just know each were drafted relatively high.Sat, 24 Jul 2010 06:56:12 -0400
Cincinnati Bengals WR Antonio Bryant's (knee) surgically-repaired knee remained an issue this offseason, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Bengals signed WR Antonio Bryant during the offseason, but he has struggled so far and that has motivated the Bengals to take another look at Owens.
Its not out of the question he could be released, Jake Delhomme was released after signing a huge contract with Carolina.
-
Homotron said:
Let Antonio Bryant go? Did you watch football outside of Cleveland last season or the season before? They just signed him to relatively big money and he lived up to his draft stock when he was with Tampa Bay. Last year I believe he was banged up. The year before he had something like 1300 yards. He's certainly not going anywhere. No idea on Caldwell or Simpson I just know each were drafted relatively high.Sat, 24 Jul 2010 06:56:12 -0400
Cincinnati Bengals WR Antonio Bryant's (knee) surgically-repaired knee remained an issue this offseason, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Bengals signed WR Antonio Bryant during the offseason, but he has struggled so far and that has motivated the Bengals to take another look at Owens.
Its not out of the question he could be released, Jake Delhomme was released after signing a huge contract with Carolina.
nmills said:
Its not out of the question he could be released, Jake Delhomme was released after signing a huge contract with Carolina.Hmmm but my point still stands. You'd want a banged up Antonio Bryant assuming he doesn't return to his form of two seasons ago before the injury? I sure as hell wouldn't.
-
nmills said:
Its not out of the question he could be released, Jake Delhomme was released after signing a huge contract with Carolina.Hmmm but my point still stands. You'd want a banged up Antonio Bryant assuming he doesn't return to his form of two seasons ago before the injury? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Homotron said:
Hmmm but my point still stands. You'd want a banged up Antonio Bryant assuming he doesn't return to his form of two seasons ago before the injury? I sure as hell wouldn't.No I said I'd be interested in almost all of them, I was just making a point that he could be released. Shipley, Briscoe, Caldwell, Simpson are the ones I'd give a look if released. Briscoe would top that list for me
-
T.O. Tweet
Ocho Uno is coming 2 town!! Hey Robin, Batman will b there soon!
T.O. implying that Chad Ocho Cinco is Robin to his Batman.......there off to a good start I see.
-
As much as I hate TO, this is not good for us. TO is going to have Carson Palmer throwing to him and Ocho Dinko playing on the other side of the field. Our secondary better eat their Wheaties before lining up across from the Bungles this year. I really wish we would have made at least some attempt to sign a legit veteran receiver to mentor some of our young pups this season. Right now we have a guy who threw 83 INTs and 2 TDs last year trying to throw to guys that are still learning to run routes. This does not inspire much confidence in our passing attack this season. Oh wait...MCCOY"S OUR SAVIOOOOOOUR!

-
Shipley and Cosby were the receivers who caught passes from McCoy on his pro day at Texas. There is some feeling that if the Bengals keep Shipley, Cosby could be gone since Shipley could take over punt returns and perform as a wide receiver.
I would look at Shipley, Cosby, and Jones.
Jones has had the one run in with drugs. He did violate his parole by drinking a beer while playing golf with just a few days left on his probation. There has been nothing negative since that incident. I think he was the Jags leading receiver his last year with them. (That's saying something when the Jags can't even run a pitchout because their qb can't throw the ball that far accurately.)
As popular as WildDawg formations have become, it looks like Jones would be a real good fit in a formation like that.
-
I would love to get Cosby or Shipley. Cosby they both played at Texas and if Colt is really the qb of the future it would be perfect.
Assuming that any one of them lives up to be anything worth talking about in the NFL. McCoy has the greatest chance but there have been plenty of college qb/wr connections that never materialize. Martin Nance for example played with Big Ben at Miami and could never make the roster. Cincy wouldn't have went out and signed T.O if they were confident in the others not named Chad Johnson and Antonio Bryant. I wouldn't be excited about training camp cast offs.
Homotron said:
Assuming that any one of them lives up to be anything worth talking about in the NFL. McCoy has the greatest chance but there have been plenty of college qb/wr connections that never materialize. Martin Nance for example played with Big Ben at Miami and could never make the roster. Cincy wouldn't have went out and signed T.O if they were confident in the others not named Chad Johnson and Antonio Bryant. I wouldn't be excited about training camp cast offs.TO was brought in because the Bengals are worried Bryant's knee still isn't (and may never be) 100%.
-
T.O. Tweet
Ocho Uno is coming 2 town!! Hey Robin, Batman will b there soon!
T.O. implying that Chad Ocho Cinco is Robin to his Batman.......there off to a good start I see.
nmills said:
T.O. Tweet QUOTE Ocho Uno is coming 2 town!! Hey Robin, Batman will b there soon!T.O. implying that Chad Ocho Cinco is Robin to his Batman.......there off to a good start I see.
We'll see if the two alpha dogs tear each other apart- in due time. On paper assuming everyone stays out of jail, the Bengals look to be the class of the AFC North.
-
honestly, I think the T.O. signing is GOOD for the browns and every other team in the division. Why? The bengals last year showed that they win as a run first team. Now that T.O. is in the mix, they are going to feel obligated to become a more pass oriented team. I guess on the one hand you can argue that Carson can make this team a pass team, which I can respect, but I do honestly believe this only hurts their offensive mindset which won them games. If things do pan out though, watch out. The Bengals could do serious damage this year.
-
Oh sheesh the Cincitucky love fest down here in Columbus will be in full effect

-
honestly, I think the T.O. signing is GOOD for the browns and every other team in the division. Why? The bengals last year showed that they win as a run first team. Now that T.O. is in the mix, they are going to feel obligated to become a more pass oriented team. I guess on the one hand you can argue that Carson can make this team a pass team, which I can respect, but I do honestly believe this only hurts their offensive mindset which won them games. If things do pan out though, watch out. The Bengals could do serious damage this year.
honestly, I think the T.O. signing is GOOD for the browns and every other team in the division. Why? The bengals last year showed that they win as a run first team. Now that T.O. is in the mix, they are going to feel obligated to become a more pass oriented team. I guess on the one hand you can argue that Carson can make this team a pass team, which I can respect, but I do honestly believe this only hurts their offensive mindset which won them games. If things do pan out though, watch out. The Bengals could do serious damage this year.
I agree. Especially since Benson is coming off 300 rushing attempts. He shouldn't have the wheels this year to carry the load. I'll take my chances with Palmer, Chad, and TO. I just don't think anything the Bengals have done will work. They signed Matt Jones and TO?!?! Nobody on that team respects the coach or management. The only reason Chad plays hard is because he has too much pride to lay down. The rest of the team, unless they are playing for a contract, lays down every week.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login