Skip to content

HAPPY BROWNS DAY

The Browns Board
49 23 8.1k
  • Stan, do u notice any differences from last year, I lknow its so early

  • Stan, do u notice any differences from last year, I lknow its so early

    @wrrebel said:

    Stan, do u notice any differences from last year, I lknow its so early

    Only thing that I could say that I notice is that we seem to be trying to get up to speed with the speed of the game a lot sooner. Having pads on and hitting already is impressive, although like I said earlier, if injuries start to mount than Mangini will be dragged through the coals. I prefer it this way, hitting and playing football at the speed it should be played.

    I was a bit disappointed in that more players didn't seem to have an urgency to their play. I like up-tempo guys who are looking to really push themselves in the drills. A couple of years ago, Jamal Lewis fit this bill. He played every down in every practice with a sense of urgency and as hard as he could. That season panned out with a 1300 yard performance from him. Last year I didn't see that from him and he's now been shipped to the glue factory.

    It was only one session of a two-a-day, I'm going to try to get back there tomorrow afternoon as another gage.

  • Here is a pretty decent length clip of RB & FB's taking on LB's in a blitz drill. Get your roster sheet ready to track who is going up against who, and keep in mind that I believe at different times, backs or TE's are working on chipping or releasing off the line as well, so not all are blown pickups.

    In the second duo to go #47 Lawrence Vickers shows (Hillis) how its done and destroys any attemp of #51 Chris Gocong from getting anywhere near our invisible QB.

  • Thanks for the in depth feedback from camp ! This thread rocks !

  • Here's more of the blitz pickup drills and edge rushers...

    Oh boy, D'Qwell makes Hillis his bitch once again. I've seen Lawrence Vickers, and Mr. Hillis, you're no Lawrence Vickers ...

  • Just to keep everyone grounded and put this 'Seneca Wallace is out-playing Jake Delhomme' bullshit to bed after one practice. Here is a clip of #87 TE Joel Gamble running the underneith route and #88 Old man Bobby Engram coming from the far side and running a deeper route. My video doesn't show the QB's very well at the very start, by eliminating #17 Delhomme & #5 Brett Ratliff standing in the background, it has to be #6 Seneca Wallace who throws the terribly over-thrown pass to #88 Engram, while #12 Colt McCoy hits #87 Joel Gamble fairly well underneith.

  • This is a great thread, thank you for all the information and keeping us up to date. But we can't be to critical, this is only the first day of training camp.

  • thanks for the tc coverage, ate! hopefully i'll get down there this year.

  • Wow. Jennings really needs to start stepping into his blocks.

  • Great stuff, Stan.

  • We have our own "Hard Knocks: The Cleveland Browns" it just needs narrated with story lines 🙂

    At the end of the first video when Jackson puts Hillis on the ground I noticed David Veikune's body doesnt look like an NFL linebacker. How has he looked in drills?

    Also there was alot of talk about WR Haggerty being the talk of OTA's, did he stand out to you?

  • We have our own "Hard Knocks: The Cleveland Browns" it just needs narrated with story lines 🙂

    At the end of the first video when Jackson puts Hillis on the ground I noticed David Veikune's body doesnt look like an NFL linebacker. How has he looked in drills?

    Also there was alot of talk about WR Haggerty being the talk of OTA's, did he stand out to you?

    nmills said:

    We have our own "Hard Knocks: The Cleveland Browns" it just needs narrated with story lines 🙂

    At the end of the first video when Jackson puts Hillis on the ground I noticed David Veikune's body doesnt look like an NFL linebacker. How has he looked in drills?

    Also there was alot of talk about WR Haggerty being the talk of OTA's, did he stand out to you?

    Wow, funny you mention Veikune, because I was just re-watching a few of these video's and I saw #57 Veikune in that same shot you just mentioned, running to the next drill. I thought the same thing (about him not having an NFL body) and I've made a mental note to key in on him at this afternoons workout. I'll try to bring you some exclusive stuff on Veikune in a few hours.

    I think I may have some video around here of Haggerty from yesterday ... let me check. If not, I'll try to shoot some today as well.

    I also saw #28 James Davis among some of this video. Davis was a beast last year at these training camps until he got hurt in that questionable after-practice hit a few weeks later. I will be checking to see if he is bringing the same amount of fire or if he has been neutered and headed for cuts.

  • You are Da man Atenears........thanks a lot

  • Here are the match-ups you'll see from this video:

    #53 Matt Roth -vs- #81 Alx Smith

    #51 Chris Gocong -vs- #47 Lawrence Vickers

    #54 Blake Costanzo -vs- #40 Peyton Hillis

    #58 Marcus Benard -vs- #69 C.J. Mosley

    #96 David Bowens -vs- #87 Joel Gamble

    #50 Eric Barton -vs- #28 James Davis

    #56 Kaluka Malava -vs- #34 Chris Jennings

    #99 Scott Fujita -vs- #84 Robert Royal

    #93 Jason Trusnik -vs- #82 Benjamin Watson

  • Thanks Stan for the video updates. It gives much better coverage then any other Browns Forum. Keep up the good work!

  • Thanks a lot for all of this. Im tired of hearing all these loser's down here in Cincy talk about T.O. and Chad non stop. Its great to see what ohio's real NFL team is doing.

  • Thanks atenears the footage really helped charge me up and got me feeling ready to see some cleveland browns football!

    The 14th and the first preseason game cant get here soon enough! 🙂

  • In just a couple hours we will be trucking the short mile and a half from my driveway to the Cleveland Browns Training facility in beautiful Berea Ohio.

    Later in the day we will have a full report, along with pictures and video of how the team looks on Day #1. In years past these reports have proved to be a staple to how camp went down for some individual players and/or how the team finished the sason. Some miscues (Corey Bridges), but many straight reporting that nailed an insight of the Browns long before the media.

    Raise a glass today as this is the start of the Browns Football season!

    Happy Browns Day!

    @atenears said:

    In just a couple hours we will be trucking the short mile and a half from my driveway to the Cleveland Browns Training facility in beautiful Berea Ohio.

    Later in the day we will have a full report, along with pictures and video of how the team looks on Day #1. In years past these reports have proved to be a staple to how camp went down for some individual players and/or how the team finished the sason. Some miscues (Corey Bridges), but many straight reporting that nailed an insight of the Browns long before the media.

    Raise a glass today as this is the start of the Browns Football season!

    Happy Browns Day!

    Living out here in AZ makes it very hard to get ANY info about the Browns so I look forward to your training camp reports every year!! Thank you so very much!! It is appreciated more than you may know!!

    Shelly 😍

  • I took a lot of pictures and shot some video. Here is the first of the video I'm uploading. The third duo to go at it is LB D'Qwell Jackson who runs over RB Peyton Hillis to the delight of the other Defensive Players who celebrate the hit.

    Don't throw D'Qwell out with the bath water just yet ... and It don't appear that Vickers is in any jeopardy of losing his dominating blocking scheme playing time any time soon.

    @atenears said:

    I took a lot of pictures and shot some video. Here is the first of the video I'm uploading. The third duo to go at it is LB D'Qwell Jackson who runs over RB Peyton Hillis to the delight of the other Defensive Players who celebrate the hit.

    Don't throw D'Qwell out with the bath water just yet ... and It don't appear that Vickers is in any jeopardy of losing his dominating blocking scheme playing time any time soon.

    DANG! Hillis got his clock cleaned! I really thought he would be a better blocker than that! He let his footwork die in the hole...That's why he got creamed! Work on your footwork HILLIS!