Coming to Cleveland...............Help!!
-
Awesome!! It would be nice to have someone to call if I get lost or what not, and it would be great to meet up. I'm checking out the PFHoF location now to see if it's doable.
Awesome!! It would be nice to have someone to call if I get lost or what not, and it would be great to meet up. I'm checking out the PFHoF location now to see if it's doable.
If it's not too much more, you could fly into the akron/canton airport and then drive to the HOF. It is only about 8-10 miles south on 77 from the airport. And the airport a like a second literally from I-77. Out of the airport exit with your rental car and then straight ahead onto the on ramp. I grew up like five minutes from the airport. Then just head up 77 and then to whatever highway takes you to Berea. If you fly into Cleveland it will just be about a 45 minute drive down to the HOF and a 45 minute drive back. If you do need some advice when in Berea definately get in touch with Atenears. Enjoy your time in NE Ohio. It is on of the best places in the nation. I don't care what anybody says! If you like sports, and beer, and rock and roll music then you are definately visiting the right place!
On an added note. I would suggest the HOF over the stadium if you can only do one. And if you have time on Wednesday evening I would highly suggest an Indians game at Progressive field if they are playing at home. (if you have time) That stadium is better then the Browns Stadium. At least in my opinion.
Ok forget that last point. The Tribe is in Boston on Wednesday.
-
Awesome!! It would be nice to have someone to call if I get lost or what not, and it would be great to meet up. I'm checking out the PFHoF location now to see if it's doable.
If it's not too much more, you could fly into the akron/canton airport and then drive to the HOF. It is only about 8-10 miles south on 77 from the airport. And the airport a like a second literally from I-77. Out of the airport exit with your rental car and then straight ahead onto the on ramp. I grew up like five minutes from the airport. Then just head up 77 and then to whatever highway takes you to Berea. If you fly into Cleveland it will just be about a 45 minute drive down to the HOF and a 45 minute drive back. If you do need some advice when in Berea definately get in touch with Atenears. Enjoy your time in NE Ohio. It is on of the best places in the nation. I don't care what anybody says! If you like sports, and beer, and rock and roll music then you are definately visiting the right place!
On an added note. I would suggest the HOF over the stadium if you can only do one. And if you have time on Wednesday evening I would highly suggest an Indians game at Progressive field if they are playing at home. (if you have time) That stadium is better then the Browns Stadium. At least in my opinion.
Ok forget that last point. The Tribe is in Boston on Wednesday.
If it's not too much more, you could fly into the akron/canton airport and then drive to the HOF. It is only about 8-10 miles south on 75 from the airport. And the airport a like a second literally from I-75. Out of the airport exit with your rental car and then straight ahead onto the on ramp. I grew up like five minutes from the airport. Then just head up 75 and then to whatever highway takes you to Berea. If you fly into Cleveland it will just be about a 45 minute drive down to the HOF and a 45 minute drive back. If you do need some advice when in Berea definately get in touch with Atenears. Enjoy your time in NE Ohio. It is on of the best places in the nation. I don't care what anybody says! If you like sports, and beer, and rock and roll music then you are definately visiting the right place!
On an added note. I would suggest the HOF over the stadium if you can only do one. And if you have time on Wednesday evening I would highly suggest an Indians game at Progressive field if they are playing at home. (if you have time) That stadium is better then the Browns Stadium. At least in my opinion.
Ok forget that last point. The Tribe is in Boston on Wednesday.
Akron/Canton Airport is off of 1-77 not I-75. Berea (Browns Training) is off of I-71. I think you got your interstates mixed up!
-
If it's not too much more, you could fly into the akron/canton airport and then drive to the HOF. It is only about 8-10 miles south on 75 from the airport. And the airport a like a second literally from I-75. Out of the airport exit with your rental car and then straight ahead onto the on ramp. I grew up like five minutes from the airport. Then just head up 75 and then to whatever highway takes you to Berea. If you fly into Cleveland it will just be about a 45 minute drive down to the HOF and a 45 minute drive back. If you do need some advice when in Berea definately get in touch with Atenears. Enjoy your time in NE Ohio. It is on of the best places in the nation. I don't care what anybody says! If you like sports, and beer, and rock and roll music then you are definately visiting the right place!
On an added note. I would suggest the HOF over the stadium if you can only do one. And if you have time on Wednesday evening I would highly suggest an Indians game at Progressive field if they are playing at home. (if you have time) That stadium is better then the Browns Stadium. At least in my opinion.
Ok forget that last point. The Tribe is in Boston on Wednesday.
Akron/Canton Airport is off of 1-77 not I-75. Berea (Browns Training) is off of I-71. I think you got your interstates mixed up!
Akron/Canton Airport is off of 1-77 not I-75. Berea (Browns Training) is off of I-71. I think you got your interstates mixed up!
I did thank you. I have lived of of 75 for so long now that I do that crap all of the time. But exchange the 75 for a 77 and the rest is all true.
I edited it now. I love the edit function.
-
I second the idea to fly into akron/canton airport, not only is it easier than Cleveland but hitting the hall of fame would be a snap. Not to mention this is hall of fame week and there are a ton of things going on. It's only about 1-1.5 hours up to Berea from here.
-
Awesome!! It would be nice to have someone to call if I get lost or what not, and it would be great to meet up. I'm checking out the PFHoF location now to see if it's doable.
Awesome!! It would be nice to have someone to call if I get lost or what not, and it would be great to meet up. I'm checking out the PFHoF location now to see if it's doable.
That would be a real stretch in just 4 hours. From Cleveland it is about an hour's drive to the PFHOF and another hour back. Then you have to be mindful of when the place closes. I am not sure of the hours. You could check that on their website. If you are just going to be around downtown Cleveland, the things to probably see and do include Tower City and the Old Arcade. The Old Arcade was the very first structure of its kind. You may have been into a hundred buildings of its kind since, but that was the very first one. With time go up to University Circle. The Art Museum there, considered one of the top 5 or ten in the nation alone would take up all your time.
You could run over to the West Side Market if it is open. It all depends on you. Here is a possible helpful link:
-
I second the idea to fly into akron/canton airport, not only is it easier than Cleveland but hitting the hall of fame would be a snap. Not to mention this is hall of fame week and there are a ton of things going on. It's only about 1-1.5 hours up to Berea from here.
I second the idea to fly into akron/canton airport, not only is it easier than Cleveland but hitting the hall of fame would be a snap. Not to mention this is hall of fame week and there are a ton of things going on. It's only about 1-1.5 hours up to Berea from here.
I suspect she probably already has her flight scheduled, but yes, in the future or for anyone else coming in, going to CAK could be highly convenient. Even if you are staying more around Cleveland it is still more convenient when it comes to parking and getting your rental car. In the entire scope of Northeast Ohio from Sandusky on the West to Canton on the south to Youngstown on the east and Cleveland on the north CAK is more centrally located.
-
Na, stick to visiting Cleveland in your 4-hour window. Visit Cleveland Browns Stadium. Call ahead and see if you can get a tour. If not, have lunch at the Gridiron Square (I think that is still the name), which is right inside the stadium. The bar/restaurant uses the stadiums restrooms as their bathrooms, so hop the gate and have your pictures taken inside the stadium, or ask an attendant if you can simple enter for a second for a quick photo.
Then head over to Bob Golics Sports Bar (www.bobgolics.com) for a quick beer and some Browns feel. Head down to Berea for the Training Camp.
I'm clicking over to send you my phone number through an Private Message now.
-
Na, stick to visiting Cleveland in your 4-hour window. Visit Cleveland Browns Stadium. Call ahead and see if you can get a tour. If not, have lunch at the Gridiron Square (I think that is still the name), which is right inside the stadium. The bar/restaurant uses the stadiums restrooms as their bathrooms, so hop the gate and have your pictures taken inside the stadium, or ask an attendant if you can simple enter for a second for a quick photo.
Then head over to Bob Golics Sports Bar (www.bobgolics.com) for a quick beer and some Browns feel. Head down to Berea for the Training Camp.
I'm clicking over to send you my phone number through an Private Message now.
Na, stick to visiting Cleveland in your 4-hour window. Visit Cleveland Browns Stadium. Call ahead and see if you can get a tour. If not, have lunch at the Gridiron Square (I think that is still the name), which is right inside the stadium. The bar/restaurant uses the stadiums restrooms as their bathrooms, so hop the gate and have your pictures taken inside the stadium, or ask an attendant if you can simple enter for a second for a quick photo.
Then head over to Bob Golics Sports Bar (www.bobgolics.com) for a quick beer and some Browns feel. Head down to Berea for the Training Camp.
I'm clicking over to send you my phone number through an Private Message now.
Stan, haven't you read your bible: Man does not live by burgers and beer alone!
-
Na, stick to visiting Cleveland in your 4-hour window. Visit Cleveland Browns Stadium. Call ahead and see if you can get a tour. If not, have lunch at the Gridiron Square (I think that is still the name), which is right inside the stadium. The bar/restaurant uses the stadiums restrooms as their bathrooms, so hop the gate and have your pictures taken inside the stadium, or ask an attendant if you can simple enter for a second for a quick photo.
Then head over to Bob Golics Sports Bar (www.bobgolics.com) for a quick beer and some Browns feel. Head down to Berea for the Training Camp.
I'm clicking over to send you my phone number through an Private Message now.
Stan, haven't you read your bible: Man does not live by burgers and beer alone!
Stan, haven't you read your bible: Man does not live by burgers and beer alone!
You're right ... I would imagine that Golic's has good chicken wings and liquor as well.
-
Stan, haven't you read your bible: Man does not live by burgers and beer alone!
You're right ... I would imagine that Golic's has good chicken wings and liquor as well.
-
For a short stop, I would just jump lolly the trolly for the 2 hour tour.
You can't do much in 4 hours....
That or just stroll West Side Mkt if it is open.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login