Skip to content

Brett Favre Retires

The Browns Board
22 15 2.8k
  • That's funny stuff

  • I don't believe this for *one* doggone second. How in the world could he cause mayhem if everyone thought he was coming back? <<------ the nice me

    I'll believe he's retired when I see Deanna personally poke his cold, hard body with a long, sharp stick. <<------- the not-so-nice me

    🙂

  • If you ask me he's retired until after training camp or a few weeks in to the season. I don't know why he just doesn't excuse himself from camp but I won't believe this retirement until well in to the season. It's a whole bunch of unnecessary drama and Favre is someone I used to respect a great deal. He's still a great talent but the way he's handled things in the past is unnerving. His ass isn't officially retired.

  • What are the odds that he ends up on some other team within 2 months? By then some team will be in need of a QB and his ankle should be healed.

  • What are the odds that he ends up on some other team within 2 months? By then some team will be in need of a QB and his ankle should be healed.

    @mr.-t said:

    What are the odds that he ends up on some other team within 2 months? By then some team will be in need of a QB and his ankle should be healed.

    I would say the chances of him ending up on another team within 2 months are precisely *zero*. I say this not to be argumentative at all, but because our team has been subjected to this once....or twice....or three times, and I think there's a larger drama sitch if he simply *hints* or even *says* he's retiring without actually submitting his retirement papers. 😵

    Then the whole story of the NFC north is about Favre submitting his retirement papers. OH MY! Will he? Won't he? Is his ankle really hurt? Is he working out? Did a high school kid mow his lawn and throw a few balls around? Does that mean something? (Okay, I admit, as a Packer fan I would love this. I can't stand the pre-season hype we're getting right now, and a good Favre drama would pull the media off us!)

    So then, after the ViQueen's hideous QB's (1,2,& 3.......take your choice) go 1-2 or 0-3, the bye happens in the lovely Twin Cities. Hmmmmmmmmmm. After the bye, game 5, Monday Night Football.......against who? The Jets. I mean, he could un-retire, declare his ankle shakey but healed.....and SAVE THE WORLD!

    Of course, if he really retires.....I totally take this post back and admit I can be a homer. 😆

    As much as I can't stand them, the Queen's fans have my sincere sympathy in this situation. Sort of. 🙂

  • Yeah nevermind hes coming back i guess there saying on sportscenter hes still unsure as to what hes going to do,i cant stand this guy for saying im retiring or not hes defentily coming back he just wanted to leak something to make everyone think he was going to retire that way he could come back again and get all the attention

  • Yeah nevermind hes coming back i guess there saying on sportscenter hes still unsure as to what hes going to do,i cant stand this guy for saying im retiring or not hes defentily coming back he just wanted to leak something to make everyone think he was going to retire that way he could come back again and get all the attention

    @nw220 said:

    Yeah nevermind hes coming back i guess there saying on sportscenter hes still unsure as to what hes going to do,i cant stand this guy for saying im retiring or not hes defentily coming back he just wanted to leak something to make everyone think he was going to retire that way he could come back again and get all the attention

    He is a drama queen of lindsey lohan proportions. Seriously what is this yahoo gonna do when the curtain does fall. If he craves this much attention now animd has to feel needed what will he do. I use to like brett farva but now I understand why mary chose ted over him

  • 2705113963_a5351e7d9b.jpg
  • I don't believe this for *one* doggone second. How in the world could he cause mayhem if everyone thought he was coming back? <<------ the nice me

    I'll believe he's retired when I see Deanna personally poke his cold, hard body with a long, sharp stick. <<------- the not-so-nice me

    🙂

    @packfanperson said:

    I'll believe he's retired when I see Deanna personally poke his cold, hard body with a long, sharp stick.

    That could happen sooner than expected

    By Steven Hyden August 4, 2010

    ARTICLE TOOLS

    As the world waits for official confirmation on whether Brett Favre has indeed retired from the Minnesota Vikings, Deadspin has brought a topless bearded lady covered in hot sauce to this media circus: The site is reporting that the very married Favre made romantic overtures to a former New York Jets employee in 2008. And by “romantic overtures,” we mean “sent her disgusting photos of his penis.”

    The Deadspin post outlines how the site wrangled this information out of Jenn Sterger, a model and writer who currently works for The Daily Line. According to Sterger, Favre’s advances began with a series of phone calls and his patented small-town Southern-boy charm. We’ll let Deadspin take it from here:

    Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating—while wearing a pair of Crocs.

    Suddenly, “gunslinger” has a whole new meaning. Have fun with that mental picture for the rest of your life!

  • His retiring reminds me of the boy who cried wolf.