Skip to content

Ref Admits Steelers Got Gift Super Bowl

The Browns Board
113 32 13.6k
  • Go 'LosersG Go 'Losers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Mistakes will happen but Pittsburgh won the game nonetheless. If the ref came out and said "I took the money" then we'd have a controversy.

    It seems fishy to an outsider πŸ˜’, but there is no conspiracy here.

  • Mistakes will happen but Pittsburgh won the game nonetheless. If the ref came out and said "I took the money" then we'd have a controversy.

    It seems fishy to an outsider πŸ˜’, but there is no conspiracy here.

    Brownsfan_AlthausB Brownsfan_Althaus wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Go 'Lers said:

    Mistakes will happen but Pittsburgh won the game nonetheless. If the ref came out and said "I took the money" then we'd have a controversy.

    It seems fishy to an outsider πŸ˜’, but there is no conspiracy here.

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that πŸ˜› we will see how you guys do this year.

  • mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I will always believe in the football gods. You can see it happening in Denver right now. When a team or player does things the wrong way, they get bitten. Pittsburgh has been skating along for a while now and with Big Ben and his hungry hands, the karma is about to get flipped around. That entire playoff run for them that year was handed to them by the stripes.

    God, I hate Pittsburgh!

  • NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

    RENTON, Wash. -- NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowleded he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The veteran official began an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

    Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

    The veteran official of 15 NFL seasons says the game "left me with a lot of sleepless nights" and that "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

    This week is the first time since that game that Leavy has been in Seattle with the Seahawks.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...syndication=rss

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @riffer-x said:

    NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

    RENTON, Wash. -- NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowleded he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The veteran official began an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

    Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

    The veteran official of 15 NFL seasons says the game "left me with a lot of sleepless nights" and that "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

    This week is the first time since that game that Leavy has been in Seattle with the Seahawks.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...syndication=rss

    There were terrible calls that went both ways that game. TERRIBLE calls and plenty of TERRIBLE calls leading up to the Super Bowl. Get over it, bad calls happen and the better team always wins. Period. I sure as sh.it don't lose sleep at night over Super Bowl XL and the "lowly Steelers" returned two Super Bowls later for another one. If the game were reversed and the Steelers lost everyone would be talking about the calls that impacted the game the other way around. The end. Old news and funny this is being brought up in the midst of Browns training camp. Don't you have anything better to talk about? I just hope everyone is ready to get murdered week 6. It should put quite a bit to rest and I can't wait.

  • Go 'Lers said:

    Mistakes will happen but Pittsburgh won the game nonetheless. If the ref came out and said "I took the money" then we'd have a controversy.

    It seems fishy to an outsider πŸ˜’, but there is no conspiracy here.

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that πŸ˜› we will see how you guys do this year.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @brownsfan_althaus said:

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that πŸ˜› we will see how you guys do this year.

    lol should I say the same? What do you want to bet the Steelers have a winning season and make a deep run in the playoffs? Big Ben is going to get 4 games and I can't say I'd be shocked if he gets less. Returning every defensive starter and adding a few matured 2nd year guys. Apparently Ziggy Hood is a man possessed and our rookie Emmanuel Sanders is absolutely lighting up training camp so much so that he may end up in the slot. Lawrence Timmons is also going to put his mark on the league and in my opinion may be the best blitzing middle LB in the league. He's essentially Troy Polamalu at the second level.

    Things are going to get ugly for Steeler opponents this year and I find the doom and gloom here hilarious. Are we taking bets?

  • NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

    RENTON, Wash. -- NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowleded he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The veteran official began an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

    Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

    The veteran official of 15 NFL seasons says the game "left me with a lot of sleepless nights" and that "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

    This week is the first time since that game that Leavy has been in Seattle with the Seahawks.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...syndication=rss

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @riffer-x said:

    NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

    RENTON, Wash. -- NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowleded he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The veteran official began an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

    Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

    The veteran official of 15 NFL seasons says the game "left me with a lot of sleepless nights" and that "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

    This week is the first time since that game that Leavy has been in Seattle with the Seahawks.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...syndication=rss

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Human officiasl ?? EVERY Game dude Every game you will find mistakes. . AND it goes both ways...

  • I will always believe in the football gods. You can see it happening in Denver right now. When a team or player does things the wrong way, they get bitten. Pittsburgh has been skating along for a while now and with Big Ben and his hungry hands, the karma is about to get flipped around. That entire playoff run for them that year was handed to them by the stripes.

    God, I hate Pittsburgh!

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mopaji said:

    I will always believe in the football gods. You can see it happening in Denver right now. When a team or player does things the wrong way, they get bitten. Pittsburgh has been skating along for a while now and with Big Ben and his hungry hands, the karma is about to get flipped around. That entire playoff run for them that year was handed to them by the stripes.

    God, I hate Pittsburgh!

    Bitter little woman.

  • I will always believe in the football gods. You can see it happening in Denver right now. When a team or player does things the wrong way, they get bitten. Pittsburgh has been skating along for a while now and with Big Ben and his hungry hands, the karma is about to get flipped around. That entire playoff run for them that year was handed to them by the stripes.

    God, I hate Pittsburgh!

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @mopaji said:

    I will always believe in the football gods. You can see it happening in Denver right now. When a team or player does things the wrong way, they get bitten. Pittsburgh has been skating along for a while now and with Big Ben and his hungry hands, the karma is about to get flipped around. That entire playoff run for them that year was handed to them by the stripes.

    God, I hate Pittsburgh!

    Quite the opposite but it's not worth discussing. The most notable and one that was already brought up in this thread. The polamalu interception against the Colts which was over turned and a fair number of other heinously blown calls. The "crying game" in Cleveland is all a part of coping with mediocrity. I get it but it's also getting old and carries very little weight. Yet most still parade it around like it's gospel. You say it so much you actually start believing it and last I checked repeating the same behavior without yielding different results is the definition of insanity. Should we diagnose the Cleveland fan base medically insane?

  • @riffer-x said:

    NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

    RENTON, Wash. -- NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowleded he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The veteran official began an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

    Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

    The veteran official of 15 NFL seasons says the game "left me with a lot of sleepless nights" and that "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

    This week is the first time since that game that Leavy has been in Seattle with the Seahawks.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah...syndication=rss

    There were terrible calls that went both ways that game. TERRIBLE calls and plenty of TERRIBLE calls leading up to the Super Bowl. Get over it, bad calls happen and the better team always wins. Period. I sure as sh.it don't lose sleep at night over Super Bowl XL and the "lowly Steelers" returned two Super Bowls later for another one. If the game were reversed and the Steelers lost everyone would be talking about the calls that impacted the game the other way around. The end. Old news and funny this is being brought up in the midst of Browns training camp. Don't you have anything better to talk about? I just hope everyone is ready to get murdered week 6. It should put quite a bit to rest and I can't wait.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Homotron said:

    There were terrible calls that went both ways that game. TERRIBLE calls and plenty of TERRIBLE calls leading up to the Super Bowl. Get over it, bad calls happen and the better team always wins. Period. I sure as sh.it don't lose sleep at night over Super Bowl XL and the "lowly Steelers" returned two Super Bowls later for another one. If the game were reversed and the Steelers lost everyone would be talking about the calls that impacted the game the other way around. The end. Old news and funny this is being brought up in the midst of Browns training camp. Don't you have anything better to talk about? I just hope everyone is ready to get murdered week 6. It should put quite a bit to rest and I can't wait.
    '

    So in the Post-season that was "FIXED" to get The Steeler the Title... an Official Decided that Troy fumbled on that Turnover play ??? Ya , That makes sense. You`re a bunch of 11 yr old Girls LOLOLOL...

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    QUOTE (Brownsfan_Althaus @ Aug 7 2010, 01:13 PM)

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that we will see how you guys do this year.

    Probably better than the Browns have done over the last 12 yrds or so....

  • QUOTE (Brownsfan_Althaus @ Aug 7 2010, 01:13 PM)

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that we will see how you guys do this year.

    Probably better than the Browns have done over the last 12 yrds or so....

    S Speedyd900rr wrote on last edited by Speedyd900rr
    #25

    FREAKofSTEELROIDS08 said:

    QUOTE (Brownsfan_Althaus @ Aug 7 2010, 01:13 PM)

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that we will see how you guys do this year.

    Probably better than the Browns have done over the last 12 yrds or so....

    We were 10-6 in 07 and pissburgh went 9-7 last season so there goes that theory.

  • FREAKofSTEELROIDS08 said:

    QUOTE (Brownsfan_Althaus @ Aug 7 2010, 01:13 PM)

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that we will see how you guys do this year.

    Probably better than the Browns have done over the last 12 yrds or so....

    We were 10-6 in 07 and pissburgh went 9-7 last season so there goes that theory.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @speedyd900rr said:

    We were 10-6 in 07 and pissburgh went 9-7 last season so there goes that theory.

    Lol what? Rationalize this post for me or are you really this Retarded? Pittsburgh also finished 10-6 but were first in the division that year and lost to the Jags in the Wild card. Where exactly does the Browns record in 07 have any bearing on A. His comment. B. The Steelers record this past season?

    Are you sure you aren't autistic?

  • FREAKofSTEELROIDS08 said:

    QUOTE (Brownsfan_Althaus @ Aug 7 2010, 01:13 PM)

    yeah, a steelers fan would say that we will see how you guys do this year.

    Probably better than the Browns have done over the last 12 yrds or so....

    We were 10-6 in 07 and pissburgh went 9-7 last season so there goes that theory.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @speedyd900rr said:

    We were 10-6 in 07 and pissburgh went 9-7 last season so there goes that theory.

    LOL HoMotron.... Plus those TWO Seasons represent some kind of "Trend" ?? Speeeedyd I would stay out of the Business world if I were You. Keep on Flipping Burgers dude.

  • @dencyguy said:

    Again, though, "bad calls" doesn't mean "fixed game."...

    Give me some evidence other than "It really makes you wonder...," and I'll be happy to re-consider my opinion....

    That game was fixed. I taped it and watched the whole thing a number of times in the weeks and months of the aftermath later. Some plays & sequences over and over and in slow motion to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. "Two bad calls" in the 4th quarter doesn't even begin to describe the officiating bias in that game. In addition to the big, glaring bad calls, there were a multitude of little things like bad ball spots for the Seahawks and uncalled penalties on the Steelers, etc. all game long that most people don't notice or talk about now. Cumulatively, it can be seen that the Seahawks simply were not to be allowed to win that game. The Steelers were to be given such a huge compettive advantage in the officiating department, that it would be next to impossible for the Seahawks (or any other NFL team for that matter) to overcome. I lost an enormous amount of respect for the NFL that day. Not just as a Seahawks fan, but as a football fan in general.

    S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by Spunkonmyback DPOY
    #28

    @seahawksbrowns_fan said:

    That game was fixed. I taped it and watched the whole thing a number of times in the weeks and months of the aftermath later. Some plays & sequences over and over and in slow motion to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. "Two bad calls" in the 4th quarter doesn't even begin to describe the officiating bias in that game. In addition to the big, glaring bad calls, there were a multitude of little things like bad ball spots for the Seahawks and uncalled penalties on the Steelers, etc. all game long that most people don't notice or talk about now. Cumulatively, it can be seen that the Seahawks simply were not to be allowed to win that game. The Steelers were to be given such a huge compettive advantage in the officiating department, that it would be next to impossible for the Seahawks (or any other NFL team for that matter) to overcome. I lost an enormous amount of respect for the NFL that day. Not just as a Seahawks fan, but as a football fan in general.

    I also have that game on DVD....Remember Stevens fumbled that was ruled imcomplete?

    If you are giving the ref credibility that he admitted he made two wrong calls in just the 4th, then you are giving him credibility that since he didn't regret calls in the first 3 quarters they were all the correct calls....You can't have it both ways.

  • @seahawksbrowns_fan said:

    That game was fixed. I taped it and watched the whole thing a number of times in the weeks and months of the aftermath later. Some plays & sequences over and over and in slow motion to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing. "Two bad calls" in the 4th quarter doesn't even begin to describe the officiating bias in that game. In addition to the big, glaring bad calls, there were a multitude of little things like bad ball spots for the Seahawks and uncalled penalties on the Steelers, etc. all game long that most people don't notice or talk about now. Cumulatively, it can be seen that the Seahawks simply were not to be allowed to win that game. The Steelers were to be given such a huge compettive advantage in the officiating department, that it would be next to impossible for the Seahawks (or any other NFL team for that matter) to overcome. I lost an enormous amount of respect for the NFL that day. Not just as a Seahawks fan, but as a football fan in general.

    I also have that game on DVD....Remember Stevens fumbled that was ruled imcomplete?

    If you are giving the ref credibility that he admitted he made two wrong calls in just the 4th, then you are giving him credibility that since he didn't regret calls in the first 3 quarters they were all the correct calls....You can't have it both ways.

    BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @spunkonmyback-dpoy said:

    I also have that game on DVD....Remember Stevens fumbled that was ruled imcomplete?

    If you are giving the ref credibility that he admitted he made two wrong calls in just the 4th, then you are giving him credibility that since he didn't regret calls in the first 3 quarters they were all the correct calls....You can't have it both ways.

    Sure he can ...he is Bitter. Cant see a Freaking thing past the GREEN Light that continually Flashes in his dome while watching Pittsburgh Steelers Football. Bitter Fruit ...sour Grape... Green-eyed Monster , you name it. They ALL Deny it but its like the Nose on a Lying Pinocchio`s face. You cant miss it. look ... You can see it , right ? But they cant ... Sad but true.

  • Brownsfan_AlthausB Brownsfan_Althaus wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Ohh squeeler fans.. they always brighten my day.

    13c86abf9c543722267620fa366bbfb7.jpg

  • P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Most sensible Steeler fans that I know realized that their team received quite a few gifts in that game and that it most definitely helped determine the outcome of the game. It doesn't make the Steelers any less deserving IMO. It is part of the game. Bad calls happen. They just happened a lot in that SB and the vast majority went the Steelers' way.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #32

    two words to dispel the "it takes a whole country to or there must be a huge conspiracy" to change the outcome of games: TIM DONAGHY.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Hell with the Superbowl, I'm still pissed about Larry Anderson's fumble on the OT kickoff in 1978 @Three Rivers πŸ˜•

  • Most sensible Steeler fans that I know realized that their team received quite a few gifts in that game and that it most definitely helped determine the outcome of the game. It doesn't make the Steelers any less deserving IMO. It is part of the game. Bad calls happen. They just happened a lot in that SB and the vast majority went the Steelers' way.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @pizzadeliveryguy said:

    Most sensible Steeler fans that I know realized that their team received quite a few gifts in that game and that it most definitely helped determine the outcome of the game. It doesn't make the Steelers any less deserving IMO. It is part of the game. Bad calls happen. They just happened a lot in that SB and the vast majority went the Steelers' way.

    The calls went both ways that game. I can't tell you how many times I've been through this same song and dance in the past and quite frankly I'm tired of arguing about it. I broke the entire game down at one point and poor calls certainly hit both teams. One fact remains in my opinion and that's if the outcome was in some way reversed. Everyone would be bitching about the missed calls in the Steelers favor and not the other way around. The bottom line is the better team won that game and over came A LOT of poor calls leading up to the Super Bowl. What goes around comes around. Levy should be ashamed of himself for bringing it up this far gone. If he had such a issue with his calls he should have brought it up immediately and made it known he felt he made a few mistakes. I guess with the Steelers off season he figured he should just take the opportunity to pile it on and rid himself of some guilt.