this just in
-
-
Amen. He doesn't deserve for you to know his first name. I was amazed at his inability while at the scrimmage. I know it's early and all, but this cat had no f'in clue. He sat in the pocket forever and always threw to the check-down.
So did McCoy, but he's a rook so I'll give him a pass. But Ratliff has been around long enough. Time for him to move on.
-
Can anybody explain why he's still on the roster? He's proven he can't play in this league, and with a promising rookie at our #3 spot doesn't it make sense to want to get him as many reps as possible? Having ratliff on the roster is just hindering colts progress and that's the last thing any of us want
-
Can anybody explain why he's still on the roster? He's proven he can't play in this league, and with a promising rookie at our #3 spot doesn't it make sense to want to get him as many reps as possible? Having ratliff on the roster is just hindering colts progress and that's the last thing any of us want
Can anybody explain why he's still on the roster? He's proven he can't play in this league, and with a promising rookie at our #3 spot doesn't it make sense to want to get him as many reps as possible? Having ratliff on the roster is just hindering colts progress and that's the last thing any of us want
In order for everyone to get the appropriate amount of reps in training camp I believe they need a minimum of 4 QBs on the roster. If they didn't have Ratliff on the roster they probably would have picked up some street free agent QB for the practice. So, in that regard, no, I don't think Ratliff being on the roster hinders McCoy's development as if it weren't Ratliff it would be someone else.
Besides, Mangini has some loyalty to Ratliff who he brought over from the Jets.
-
Can anybody explain why he's still on the roster? He's proven he can't play in this league, and with a promising rookie at our #3 spot doesn't it make sense to want to get him as many reps as possible? Having ratliff on the roster is just hindering colts progress and that's the last thing any of us want
In order for everyone to get the appropriate amount of reps in training camp I believe they need a minimum of 4 QBs on the roster. If they didn't have Ratliff on the roster they probably would have picked up some street free agent QB for the practice. So, in that regard, no, I don't think Ratliff being on the roster hinders McCoy's development as if it weren't Ratliff it would be someone else.
Besides, Mangini has some loyalty to Ratliff who he brought over from the Jets.
In order for everyone to get the appropriate amount of reps in training camp I believe they need a minimum of 4 QBs on the roster. If they didn't have Ratliff on the roster they probably would have picked up some street free agent QB for the practice. So, in that regard, no, I don't think Ratliff being on the roster hinders McCoy's development as if it weren't Ratliff it would be someone else.
Besides, Mangini has some loyalty to Ratliff who he brought over from the Jets
.I could be way wrong about this, but I swore I heard it. Didn't mangini basically demand ratliff be a part of that deal we made with the jets last year? All I do know is that people in Jet land seriously thought he could contend to be the starter before sanchez arrived. He clearly hasn't fit that bill though.
-
Can anybody explain why he's still on the roster? He's proven he can't play in this league, and with a promising rookie at our #3 spot doesn't it make sense to want to get him as many reps as possible? Having ratliff on the roster is just hindering colts progress and that's the last thing any of us want
In order for everyone to get the appropriate amount of reps in training camp I believe they need a minimum of 4 QBs on the roster. If they didn't have Ratliff on the roster they probably would have picked up some street free agent QB for the practice. So, in that regard, no, I don't think Ratliff being on the roster hinders McCoy's development as if it weren't Ratliff it would be someone else.
Besides, Mangini has some loyalty to Ratliff who he brought over from the Jets.
In order for everyone to get the appropriate amount of reps in training camp I believe they need a minimum of 4 QBs on the roster. If they didn't have Ratliff on the roster they probably would have picked up some street free agent QB for the practice. So, in that regard, no, I don't think Ratliff being on the roster hinders McCoy's development as if it weren't Ratliff it would be someone else.
Besides, Mangini has some loyalty to Ratliff who he brought over from the Jets
.Are you talking about needing 4 QB's just for training camp or for the whole season? And loyalty is great and everything, when the player can either produce or has shown that he has the potential to do so. IMO colt should be the worst QB on the roster. When your last in line, with nothing but talent infront of you, it makes you strive that much harder to get out of the basement. Right now it seems Ratliff is just a confidence booster for him
-
Amen. He doesn't deserve for you to know his first name. I was amazed at his inability while at the scrimmage. I know it's early and all, but this cat had no f'in clue. He sat in the pocket forever and always threw to the check-down.
So did McCoy, but he's a rook so I'll give him a pass. But Ratliff has been around long enough. Time for him to move on.
Amen. He doesn't deserve for you to know his first name. I was amazed at his inability while at the scrimmage. I know it's early and all, but this cat had no f'in clue. He sat in the pocket forever and always threw to the check-down.
So did McCoy, but he's a rook so I'll give him a pass. But Ratliff has been around long enough. Time for him to move on.
Sounds a lot like Queen.
-
In order for everyone to get the appropriate amount of reps in training camp I believe they need a minimum of 4 QBs on the roster. If they didn't have Ratliff on the roster they probably would have picked up some street free agent QB for the practice. So, in that regard, no, I don't think Ratliff being on the roster hinders McCoy's development as if it weren't Ratliff it would be someone else.
Besides, Mangini has some loyalty to Ratliff who he brought over from the Jets
.Are you talking about needing 4 QB's just for training camp or for the whole season? And loyalty is great and everything, when the player can either produce or has shown that he has the potential to do so. IMO colt should be the worst QB on the roster. When your last in line, with nothing but talent infront of you, it makes you strive that much harder to get out of the basement. Right now it seems Ratliff is just a confidence booster for him
Are you talking about needing 4 QB's just for training camp or for the whole season? And loyalty is great and everything, when the player can either produce or has shown that he has the potential to do so. IMO colt should be the worst QB on the roster. When your last in line, with nothing but talent infront of you, it makes you strive that much harder to get out of the basement. Right now it seems Ratliff is just a confidence booster for him
I am saying just for training camp when they have like 80 players on the roster. Once the cutdown to 53 is made, 3 QBs should be enough. So, yea, I don't see Ratliff surviving the final cut.
-
In order for everyone to get the appropriate amount of reps in training camp I believe they need a minimum of 4 QBs on the roster. If they didn't have Ratliff on the roster they probably would have picked up some street free agent QB for the practice. So, in that regard, no, I don't think Ratliff being on the roster hinders McCoy's development as if it weren't Ratliff it would be someone else.
Besides, Mangini has some loyalty to Ratliff who he brought over from the Jets
.I could be way wrong about this, but I swore I heard it. Didn't mangini basically demand ratliff be a part of that deal we made with the jets last year? All I do know is that people in Jet land seriously thought he could contend to be the starter before sanchez arrived. He clearly hasn't fit that bill though.
I could be way wrong about this, but I swore I heard it. Didn't mangini basically demand ratliff be a part of that deal we made with the jets last year? All I do know is that people in Jet land seriously thought he could contend to be the starter before sanchez arrived. He clearly hasn't fit that bill though.
Yes. Mangini wanted ratliff instead of kellen Clemens in the trade (we got Ratliff, Elam, Coleman, and the jets 2nd rounder for our first rounder). I agree that he hasn't played well here otherwise surely he would have been put in near the end of last season?! I believe Mangini wanted Ratliff because he had such a good 2008 preseason (400 some yds/ 4 tds).. But I also have read that Mangini isn't opposed to keeping 4 QB's on the roster so he could still be here a while...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login