Skip to content

Shep

The Browns Board
50 27 5.8k
  • Shep has fans here too Alo! (as do you!)

    Him and Flugs brought tons of valued discussion to this site the past 7 years I've lurked. I truly do miss their insight...but I won't shed tears over their internet departure...do whatever you want, that's what the net is for!

    Other board schmord..there is only one place for Browns insight and discussion. www.thebrownsboard.com ( the only place to go for Cal quote's, WSS inpirational mantra, Zombo smack, and the best cheerleader thread on record)

    @lambdo said:

    Shep has fans here too Alo! (as do you!)

    Him and Flugs brought tons of valued discussion to this site the past 7 years I've lurked. I truly do miss their insight...but I won't shed tears over their internet departure...do whatever you want, that's what the net is for!

    Other board schmord..there is only one place for Browns insight and discussion. www.thebrownsboard.com ( the only place to go for Cal quote's, WSS inpirational mantra, Zombo smack, and the best cheerleader thread on record)

    Yeah, what lambdo said!

  • can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

    i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn boards, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

    btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn boards (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

    i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

    GO BROWNS!

  • can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

    i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn boards, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

    btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn boards (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

    i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

    GO BROWNS!

    @sj_browns said:

    can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

    i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn board, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

    btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn board (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

    i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

    GO BROWNS!

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) [email protected] the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

    That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

    So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

  • @sj_browns said:

    can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

    i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn board, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

    btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn board (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

    i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

    GO BROWNS!

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) [email protected] the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

    That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

    So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) [email protected] the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

    That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

    So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

    thanks for the info, hoorta. wow, some of you guys have been posting together since 95? i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

  • i started posting on the net in 98, but it was on a non-sports board. i didn't start posting on a sports board till 04 and that was on the espn browns and cavs boards. i left those boards after only posting on there for about a couple of months and joined a number of cleveland sports fans who got tired of the espn trolls so we started a cleveland sports board on z7 invisionfree. i got tired (around 07) of the little highschool clique atmosphere on there and started posting on the espn boards for a few years. got tired of that troll haven and found this board through google search.

  • A Alo

    No need to bash Shep when he's no longer here. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure that he planned to leave -- he was posting on both boards, just not as frequently as he normally does.

    This thread likely has made that decision for him.

    @alo said:

    No need to bash Shep when he's no longer here. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure that he planned to leave -- he was posting on both boards, just not as frequently as he normally does.

    This thread likely has made that decision for him.

    Alo, yeah- Shep has probably got some other stuff on his agenda right now- but you should know- you're always welcome here, as is Jason J, Flugs, and yeah- Shep too- my only issue with the Shepster is his reluctance to admit he's DEAD WRONG- even when conclusively proved otherwise. Joey Harrington anyone? He's gotten marginally better lately, but after 10? years, it is what it is. Sort of like Rich4 or the Ghoulie- they can't change even if they wanted to.

    And hey- IMHO- no need to get your feelings hurt if everyone doesn't agree with you. I'm not sure if Shep has ever forgotten when I went off on a drunk draft day anti-Quinn tirade (the jury is still out on that one) about the ND wunderkid that was Sheppie's qb duJour.

  • And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

    ok, i look foward to participating with this.

  • @hoorta said:

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) [email protected] the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

    That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

    So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

    thanks for the info, hoorta. wow, some of you guys have been posting together since 95? i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

    @sj_browns said:

    i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

    I think the reaction to Modell's actions were remarkably civil, all things considered. Actually, in some dark corner of a closet I think I have a pile of internet posts that I printed from that era. (Note to self: burn evidence.) lolol.

    And Hoorta... I do remember Metalmarte, BeesIndy, ArtBietz and more! Collin Agee still gets his intelligent commentary published now and then.

  • The camraderie is what keeps me going on these boards. I look forward to meeting many of the newer members this Fall down in our tailgate lot. Please, make the plans to stop by and meet some of this clan. Very good people. Our tailgate parties are not wild and crazy, but just good socializing. If you want crazy drunkiness, head to the Muni-lot - this group is just only about good well mannered fun with an occasional shot of a variety of mixtures poured in from all over the Nation World.

    Except for when Zombo visits.

  • I have been to the Muni lot , Dawg Talk Island to be precise . I have always found the experience rather exhilarating , and the perfect pre-game spirit boost , that sends you into the stadium pumped up . The getting real drunk and acting like an ass thing I always leave to others , that do it so much better . lol

    I have met some very nice peeps up there .

    DieHardAnnieandBallpeen.jpg

  • I would like to see Shep & Flugs back. I thought Flugs had some pretty good commentary.

    I've read many posts here in the last 6 years... It's been interesting. Once you're around long enough, you'll start to figure things out on your own. A trained eye is able to spot the instigators, the trolls, the trash-talkers, the phony user accounts, and the folks who just like to talk Browns.

    What got me started reading threads, here, was because I moved away from N.E. Ohio for work, and I missed hearing about the Browns on the news, being around like-minded fans, etc... I did join the Greater Cincinnati Browns Backers, this year, so I'm looking forward to that, and really looking forward to this season. I would also like to make it up to a game in Cleveland, sometime, to meet you guys.

  • The camraderie is what keeps me going on these boards. I look forward to meeting many of the newer members this Fall down in our tailgate lot. Please, make the plans to stop by and meet some of this clan. Very good people. Our tailgate parties are not wild and crazy, but just good socializing. If you want crazy drunkiness, head to the Muni-lot - this group is just only about good well mannered fun with an occasional shot of a variety of mixtures poured in from all over the Nation World.

    Except for when Zombo visits.

    @atenears said:

    The camraderie is what keeps me going on these boards. I look forward to meeting many of the newer members this Fall down in our tailgate lot. Please, make the plans to stop by and meet some of this clan. Very good people. Our tailgate parties are not wild and crazy, but just good socializing. If you want crazy drunkiness, head to the Muni-lot - this group is just only about good well mannered fun with an occasional shot of a variety of mixtures poured in from all over the Nation World.

    Except for when Zombo visits.

    This sounds great, I wouldn't want to take my grandson to a game and hang out with a bunch of guys all hopped up on who knows what and making fools out of themselves.

  • The camraderie is what keeps me going on these boards. I look forward to meeting many of the newer members this Fall down in our tailgate lot. Please, make the plans to stop by and meet some of this clan. Very good people. Our tailgate parties are not wild and crazy, but just good socializing. If you want crazy drunkiness, head to the Muni-lot - this group is just only about good well mannered fun with an occasional shot of a variety of mixtures poured in from all over the Nation World.

    Except for when Zombo visits.

    @atenears said:

    The camraderie is what keeps me going on these boards. I look forward to meeting many of the newer members this Fall down in our tailgate lot. Please, make the plans to stop by and meet some of this clan. Very good people. Our tailgate parties are not wild and crazy, but just good socializing. If you want crazy drunkiness, head to the Muni-lot - this group is just only about good well mannered fun with an occasional shot of a variety of mixtures poured in from all over the Nation World.

    Except for when Zombo visits.

    I would love to stop down and meet you guys one of these days. I'll let you know if I can make it to a game this year.

  • I have been to the Muni lot , Dawg Talk Island to be precise . I have always found the experience rather exhilarating , and the perfect pre-game spirit boost , that sends you into the stadium pumped up . The getting real drunk and acting like an ass thing I always leave to others , that do it so much better . lol

    I have met some very nice peeps up there .

    DieHardAnnieandBallpeen.jpg

    @neweradawg said:

    I have been to the Muni lot , Dawg Talk Island to be precise . I have always found the experience rather exhilarating , and the perfect pre-game spirit boost , that sends you into the stadium pumped up . The getting real drunk and acting like an ass thing I always leave to others , that do it so much better . lol

    I have met some very nice peeps up there .

    DieHardAnnieandBallpeen.jpg

    Good God man...actually, thanks for that pic...I have been looking for a good 'before" pic. When that was taken I must have been near 275 in the old Muni lot days....I know Dave on the end and Annie...good to see their faces again.

    Is that you in the shot with Dave? I remember him(you?), but we only met that one time to the best of my recall.

    I know we have discussed this before, but i have slept since then.

    By the way....my last weigh in I was at 203...down about 30 since last season ended and down maybe 70-75 since that was taken.

    That motivates me....it's 100 degrees but I don't care, I am going for a 6 mile walk in a little bit...maybe even jog some just to get a little further away from the guy in that shot.

    Thanks!

    That said, I have been joining with Ed, Stan, and Don for maybe 3 years now....I guess this will be the 4th year....they do a great job and the crowd is always great. You need to join us some time

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    He got lonely without his boyfriend mz the pussy the pussy the pussy. blowing him after every post and returned to Yelpingsoft.com, thank God.

    Maybe I will go TROLL that board. Thanks for the URL, BarkingTard.com What a gay a$$ message board name. lol

  • @neweradawg said:

    I have been to the Muni lot , Dawg Talk Island to be precise . I have always found the experience rather exhilarating , and the perfect pre-game spirit boost , that sends you into the stadium pumped up . The getting real drunk and acting like an ass thing I always leave to others , that do it so much better . lol

    I have met some very nice peeps up there .

    DieHardAnnieandBallpeen.jpg

    Good God man...actually, thanks for that pic...I have been looking for a good 'before" pic. When that was taken I must have been near 275 in the old Muni lot days....I know Dave on the end and Annie...good to see their faces again.

    Is that you in the shot with Dave? I remember him(you?), but we only met that one time to the best of my recall.

    I know we have discussed this before, but i have slept since then.

    By the way....my last weigh in I was at 203...down about 30 since last season ended and down maybe 70-75 since that was taken.

    That motivates me....it's 100 degrees but I don't care, I am going for a 6 mile walk in a little bit...maybe even jog some just to get a little further away from the guy in that shot.

    Thanks!

    That said, I have been joining with Ed, Stan, and Don for maybe 3 years now....I guess this will be the 4th year....they do a great job and the crowd is always great. You need to join us some time

    @ballpeen said:

    Is that you in the shot with Dave? I remember him(you?), but we only met that one time to the best of my recall.

    Thanks!

    No.... it's not me . I took the shot . I know you know diehard and dawgylama , The other guy is the renowned nniifu . He used to post on the old 24/7 and dawgtalkers . Also on the DarkSide

  • @sj_browns said:

    can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

    i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn board, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

    btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn board (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

    i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

    GO BROWNS!

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) [email protected] the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

    That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

    So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Lol... for the same price, my first computer was a PC XT with 640k conventional memory and no hard drive... I ran everything off of two 365k floppy disks... talk about a crash course in disk space management...

  • @alo said:

    No need to bash Shep when he's no longer here. And to be honest, I'm not quite sure that he planned to leave -- he was posting on both boards, just not as frequently as he normally does.

    This thread likely has made that decision for him.

    Alo, yeah- Shep has probably got some other stuff on his agenda right now- but you should know- you're always welcome here, as is Jason J, Flugs, and yeah- Shep too- my only issue with the Shepster is his reluctance to admit he's DEAD WRONG- even when conclusively proved otherwise. Joey Harrington anyone? He's gotten marginally better lately, but after 10? years, it is what it is. Sort of like Rich4 or the Ghoulie- they can't change even if they wanted to.

    And hey- IMHO- no need to get your feelings hurt if everyone doesn't agree with you. I'm not sure if Shep has ever forgotten when I went off on a drunk draft day anti-Quinn tirade (the jury is still out on that one) about the ND wunderkid that was Sheppie's qb duJour.

    @hoorta said:

    Alo, yeah- Shep has probably got some other stuff on his agenda right now- but you should know- you're always welcome here...

    Thanks, man. I'm glad that Stan didn't IP ban me when the board split happened -- the Browns are an obsession that we all share, so I'm glad I can rant here and at other hangout spots.

  • @hoorta said:

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) [email protected] the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

    That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

    So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

    thanks for the info, hoorta. wow, some of you guys have been posting together since 95? i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

    @sj_browns said:

    thanks for the info, hoorta. wow, some of you guys have been posting together since 95? i can only imagine what the posts were like when art turned into a thief in the night. and i can also imagine how the trolling was back then when the net was young. DAMN!! good stuff and thanks again.

    I was on the AOL board back in those days. In fact, I stayed with AOL a lot longer than most of the others around here.

    I do recall that at that time the pestilence was NOT the Troglodytes that are Steeler fan trolls, but the Crow-Magnons that were "Ravens" fans. (both subhuman species)

    I think it may be fair to say that there were perhaps more ignorant Ratbird fans at that time than Steeler trolls. I mean, those freeking idiots had their equivalent of Arthur B.F.A. Modell in Robert Irsay, yet a lot of them thought that Modell was Jesus Christ just because they were both Jewish apparently, and couldn't recognize a Judas in sheep's clothing. (you like those mixed idiom's?). It was a real bitch slapping session.

  • A Alo

    @hoorta said:

    Alo, yeah- Shep has probably got some other stuff on his agenda right now- but you should know- you're always welcome here...

    Thanks, man. I'm glad that Stan didn't IP ban me when the board split happened -- the Browns are an obsession that we all share, so I'm glad I can rant here and at other hangout spots.

    @alo said:

    Thanks, man. I'm glad that Stan didn't IP ban me when the board split happened -- the Browns are an obsession that we all share, so I'm glad I can rant here and at other hangout spots.

    Thats how i view all browns info/talk boards, just internet hangouts.

    Its about the Browns and Browns fans.

    Sincerely,

    Ex- Quinn fag.