Skip to content

Shep

The Browns Board
50 27 5.8k
  • Man, its kind of hard to keep a neutral stance between boards when I see folks like Zombo and Stan trashing the ever-living shit out of that board and the people that post there. Geeze, the hate is so overt its like reading cold war propaganda....

    Look, I know that shit went down last year, and I know that I don't know the full story... but seriously... why all the hate? I mean, I see all this talk about "all the whiny drama queens" and how everyone over on that other board apparently sucks cock regulary whenever they're not staring at their desktop wallpaper of Brady Quinn's nutsack or moaning about shit no one wants to hear. But I just don't see it. I've been over there and funnily enough, most of the people over on that other board are die-hard browns fans just like you and me, and (dare I say it) they are generally intelligent and capable of rational debate. There's lots of guys I respect on both boards.

    It doesn't add up.

    I remember that the board this time last year was a mess. You couldn't so much as whisper a shred of a compliment in the direction of either QB without being labeled a Quinn fag or a DA fag and getting flamed for it. I remember being called both repeatedly for posting anything resembling an opinion on the quarterback debate. I also remember that Lumbergh was a huge part of these shenanigans, and then people started acting like him which made the situation quickly explode into a fireball of insults and angry posts. A lot of people (including me) were pissed off that there was little-to-no modding for all the flaming and trolling going on.... and the fact that Stan and some mods took sides in the debate instead of trying to control the situation didn't help (no offense, Stan). Everybody that was posting back then was partially responsible for it.... because we all let it happen and no one really did anything about it.

    I'm only going to talk about what I saw, and all I know is that eventually there were a lot of bannings all at once, there was cheering over the "death of all the quinn fags", and I heard of (and saw) some really shady behind-the-scenes stuff going on by both parties. Crazy shit. And with the exodus of a lot of guys, there were was a lot of hate-fueled drama, bitter feelings, and a whole bunch of other shit that aint right.

    And now, there's a bunch of browns fans pissed at eachother because of some internet message board fiasco that happened almost a year ago. The fiasco wasn't that there were apparently a bunch of closet homosexual drama queens perusing about on the board. The real fiasco is that the board became a self propagating hate machine fueled by a controversial QB debate. And there were a lot of factors that lead to this becoming such a huge problem here (the fact that both QBs sucked and we were all pretty frustrated at our shitty season was probably the biggest contributing factor)

    The "cancer" of this board supposedly left with the mass bannings, but I don't really see too much different here with 1 or 2 exceptions (one of those being the absense of our friend lummy). There were trolls and drama queens here before the break up, and there's trolls and drama queens here after the break up.... only the names have changed since then. And hey: there's trolls and drama queens over in that other board, too. Heck, there's trolls and drama queens on every internet forum. Ever. No one forum will ever escape it as long as there are people out there who have opinions and an internet connection.

    The biggest difference is that there are now two boards when there used to be one. And there's a lot of (IMO) pointless hate and slander aimed at the people on these boards... for no real good reason, too! Look, we're all browns fans here.... And we're all passionate about our team and our city we believe in. That one thing is, and always has been a constant. Why let one bad controversy (one that brought out the worst in a lot of good people) fuel drama and slander that has been kept simmering for so long? The funny thing is.... over on that other board I don't see too much of this similar talk directed at the people here. There's a couple exceptions, but from what I've seen, the guys on that board have moved on. They're just over there talking football. That's why I find it odd to come here and see talk like the stuff in this thread every time the other board is brought up.

    I would really like if people could just let go and make amends... but I could settle for asking people to keep their thoughts to themselves and show just a little more respect towards our fellow browns fans. After all, we're rooting for the same team here. We shouldn't let a bad memory (of internet drama, of all things) tarnish our relationship with the same guys we could end up seeing one day at a tailgate party or at a bar after the game.

    I'm here for football. Thats what brought me to this board, and I don't want something silly like this "lets hate on the other board" shit get in the way of it just because I like going to both places. Don't make me go to the OBR Scout boards. 😆

  • Man, its kind of hard to keep a neutral stance between boards when I see folks like Zombo and Stan trashing the ever-living shit out of that board and the people that post there. Geeze, the hate is so overt its like reading cold war propaganda....

    Look, I know that shit went down last year, and I know that I don't know the full story... but seriously... why all the hate? I mean, I see all this talk about "all the whiny drama queens" and how everyone over on that other board apparently sucks cock regulary whenever they're not staring at their desktop wallpaper of Brady Quinn's nutsack or moaning about shit no one wants to hear. But I just don't see it. I've been over there and funnily enough, most of the people over on that other board are die-hard browns fans just like you and me, and (dare I say it) they are generally intelligent and capable of rational debate. There's lots of guys I respect on both boards.

    It doesn't add up.

    I remember that the board this time last year was a mess. You couldn't so much as whisper a shred of a compliment in the direction of either QB without being labeled a Quinn fag or a DA fag and getting flamed for it. I remember being called both repeatedly for posting anything resembling an opinion on the quarterback debate. I also remember that Lumbergh was a huge part of these shenanigans, and then people started acting like him which made the situation quickly explode into a fireball of insults and angry posts. A lot of people (including me) were pissed off that there was little-to-no modding for all the flaming and trolling going on.... and the fact that Stan and some mods took sides in the debate instead of trying to control the situation didn't help (no offense, Stan). Everybody that was posting back then was partially responsible for it.... because we all let it happen and no one really did anything about it.

    I'm only going to talk about what I saw, and all I know is that eventually there were a lot of bannings all at once, there was cheering over the "death of all the quinn fags", and I heard of (and saw) some really shady behind-the-scenes stuff going on by both parties. Crazy shit. And with the exodus of a lot of guys, there were was a lot of hate-fueled drama, bitter feelings, and a whole bunch of other shit that aint right.

    And now, there's a bunch of browns fans pissed at eachother because of some internet message board fiasco that happened almost a year ago. The fiasco wasn't that there were apparently a bunch of closet homosexual drama queens perusing about on the board. The real fiasco is that the board became a self propagating hate machine fueled by a controversial QB debate. And there were a lot of factors that lead to this becoming such a huge problem here (the fact that both QBs sucked and we were all pretty frustrated at our shitty season was probably the biggest contributing factor)

    The "cancer" of this board supposedly left with the mass bannings, but I don't really see too much different here with 1 or 2 exceptions (one of those being the absense of our friend lummy). There were trolls and drama queens here before the break up, and there's trolls and drama queens here after the break up.... only the names have changed since then. And hey: there's trolls and drama queens over in that other board, too. Heck, there's trolls and drama queens on every internet forum. Ever. No one forum will ever escape it as long as there are people out there who have opinions and an internet connection.

    The biggest difference is that there are now two boards when there used to be one. And there's a lot of (IMO) pointless hate and slander aimed at the people on these boards... for no real good reason, too! Look, we're all browns fans here.... And we're all passionate about our team and our city we believe in. That one thing is, and always has been a constant. Why let one bad controversy (one that brought out the worst in a lot of good people) fuel drama and slander that has been kept simmering for so long? The funny thing is.... over on that other board I don't see too much of this similar talk directed at the people here. There's a couple exceptions, but from what I've seen, the guys on that board have moved on. They're just over there talking football. That's why I find it odd to come here and see talk like the stuff in this thread every time the other board is brought up.

    I would really like if people could just let go and make amends... but I could settle for asking people to keep their thoughts to themselves and show just a little more respect towards our fellow browns fans. After all, we're rooting for the same team here. We shouldn't let a bad memory (of internet drama, of all things) tarnish our relationship with the same guys we could end up seeing one day at a tailgate party or at a bar after the game.

    I'm here for football. Thats what brought me to this board, and I don't want something silly like this "lets hate on the other board" shit get in the way of it just because I like going to both places. Don't make me go to the OBR Scout boards. 😆

    Damn. That's a helluva smart post. I just wanna give props. It's just farging bizarre how weird it got. I'm not 2010 Shep... I'm just the same opinionated Shep. I don't think I've said or done anything to make anybody jump my ass here, there, or anywhere.

    I appreciate Atenears coolness, most of all right now. I like heated debate. It's the lifeblood of a board. But we've been sucked into the cult of personality, like most of the world. We can do better.

    And thanks, Alo.

    @deadwombat said:

    Man, its kind of hard to keep a neutral stance between boards when I see folks like Zombo and Stan trashing the ever-living shit out of that board and the people that post there. Geeze, the hate is so overt its like reading cold war propaganda....

    Look, I know that shit went down last year, and I know that I don't know the full story... but seriously... why all the hate? I mean, I see all this talk about "all the whiny drama queens" and how everyone over on that other board apparently sucks cock regulary whenever they're not staring at their desktop wallpaper of Brady Quinn's nutsack or moaning about shit no one wants to hear. But I just don't see it. I've been over there and funnily enough, most of the people over on that other board are die-hard browns fans just like you and me, and (dare I say it) they are generally intelligent and capable of rational debate. There's lots of guys I respect on both boards.

    It doesn't add up.

    I remember that the board this time last year was a mess. You couldn't so much as whisper a shred of a compliment in the direction of either QB without being labeled a Quinn fag or a DA fag and getting flamed for it. I remember being called both repeatedly for posting anything resembling an opinion on the quarterback debate. I also remember that Lumbergh was a huge part of these shenanigans, and then people started acting like him which made the situation quickly explode into a fireball of insults and angry posts. A lot of people (including me) were pissed off that there was little-to-no modding for all the flaming and trolling going on.... and the fact that Stan and some mods took sides in the debate instead of trying to control the situation didn't help (no offense, Stan). Everybody that was posting back then was partially responsible for it.... because we all let it happen and no one really did anything about it.

    I'm only going to talk about what I saw, and all I know is that eventually there were a lot of bannings all at once, there was cheering over the "death of all the quinn fags", and I heard of (and saw) some really shady behind-the-scenes stuff going on by both parties. Crazy shit. And with the exodus of a lot of guys, there were was a lot of hate-fueled drama, bitter feelings, and a whole bunch of other shit that aint right.

    And now, there's a bunch of browns fans pissed at eachother because of some internet message board fiasco that happened almost a year ago. The fiasco wasn't that there were apparently a bunch of closet homosexual drama queens perusing about on the board. The real fiasco is that the board became a self propagating hate machine fueled by a controversial QB debate. And there were a lot of factors that lead to this becoming such a huge problem here (the fact that both QBs sucked and we were all pretty frustrated at our shitty season was probably the biggest contributing factor)

    The "cancer" of this board supposedly left with the mass bannings, but I don't really see too much different here with 1 or 2 exceptions (one of those being the absense of our friend lummy). There were trolls and drama queens here before the break up, and there's trolls and drama queens here after the break up.... only the names have changed since then. And hey: there's trolls and drama queens over in that other board, too. Heck, there's trolls and drama queens on every internet forum. Ever. No one forum will ever escape it as long as there are people out there who have opinions and an internet connection.

    The biggest difference is that there are now two boards when there used to be one. And there's a lot of (IMO) pointless hate and slander aimed at the people on these boards... for no real good reason, too! Look, we're all browns fans here.... And we're all passionate about our team and our city we believe in. That one thing is, and always has been a constant. Why let one bad controversy (one that brought out the worst in a lot of good people) fuel drama and slander that has been kept simmering for so long? The funny thing is.... over on that other board I don't see too much of this similar talk directed at the people here. There's a couple exceptions, but from what I've seen, the guys on that board have moved on. They're just over there talking football. That's why I find it odd to come here and see talk like the stuff in this thread every time the other board is brought up.

    I would really like if people could just let go and make amends... but I could settle for asking people to keep their thoughts to themselves and show just a little more respect towards our fellow browns fans. After all, we're rooting for the same team here. We shouldn't let a bad memory (of internet drama, of all things) tarnish our relationship with the same guys we could end up seeing one day at a tailgate party or at a bar after the game.

    I'm here for football. Thats what brought me to this board, and I don't want something silly like this "lets hate on the other board" shit get in the way of it just because I like going to both places. Don't make me go to the OBR Scout boards. 😆

  • We have had 865 new registered members here since mid-October of last year and are now well over 2,000. I bet less than a dozen posts had to have a moderators attention in the past eight months. It's been a dream come true to get this place back to the fun Browns camraderie it use to be, without all the threads having to be closed, posts moved to remote area's, cliques-vs-cliques disrupting threads .... you know the type I'm talking about (eye rolling East). We've had nothing of the sort here on TheBrownsBoard.

    Cheers Browns Fans!

    Let's get this season on ....

  • @sj_browns said:

    can someone fill me in on what the "old board" was? i've only been a member on here since last november, so i'm still learning about this board, it's history and the regular members.

    i used to post on the browns and the cavs espn boards and the dog pound board on z7 invisionfree. there were too many numbskull trolls on the espn board, plus the mods did little to no moderating. the z7 board was run by browns fans, but they ran that board like a bunch of stuck up cheerleaders. i don't have time for the drama and the bs. i just want to talk about cleveland sports (esp. the browns) and other good topics.

    btw, i like this board alot. there are a couple of trolls on here that i could do without. i guess coming from the espn board (that i was on for a few years), i've had enough of trolls and their same old same rants. but i just keep those fools on ignore user. i have no problem with the opinions of another fan, but the whole antagonistic/start an argument thing is pretty lame to me. some people like their presence on this board, so to each their own.

    i think this is the best board i've been to thus far. alot of knowledgable posters and the board features are nice! i'll continue to contribute my opinion and any good info that i run across.

    GO BROWNS!

    LOL, you want history, I'm gonna take you way,way back in time. Almost right after Al gore invented the Internet. ROTFLMAO! 'Twas right about the time us old Farts decided this newfangled computer thing was here to stay- you young 'uns may find it hard to believe my first computer was a 100mhz Pentium 32mb RAM, and a 1GB hard drive that set me back $2,400- shiite, you can get a Droid with 50X the computing power for 1\5th the price today .

    Now that year was 1995, (the Art betrayal was a galvanizing point) and a bunch of us were hanging out on the AOL forums which were the only game in town, unless you happened to be able to stomach USENET, which was totally unmoderated (if you could selective block a poster at that time MIT wanted to hear from you), and a troll haven that you can't even imagine. Ah, makes me reminisce about the good old days of CopyrightFlameGiant, Captain MeowCat, and worst of all (from a Browns fans' perspective) [email protected] the only troll I've got totally blocked forever- like 26,000 posts and the a-hole ain't even a football fan- just a knowitall smartass.

    That's not to say we didn't have our little problems on AOL- Rich4Eagle's buddy of many screennames (funny they still have that problem on cleveland.com) Tom embarked on a war of attrition- and got kicked off of AOL at least 12 times-by my count- and he's one of the few people that's PNG here. So Stan decided to go it alone and start a new forum. So hey you old timers really- you forget MetalMarte, BeesIndy, ArtBeitz (who now runs the show over @ scout.com) or Dave Collin? I haven't. Great posters all.

    So yeah- we're sort of like family here- been through births-deaths-nasty (real and cyber) divorces over the last 15 years. Give Atenears a lot of credit for keeping this going for that long. Unlike a lot of the commercial sites, this is strictly a labor of love. And really- that Tailgate page is no joke- come on down and visit- introduce yourself, and you'll feel right at home.

    @hoorta said:

    he's one of the few people that's PNG here.
    where can i find this evil Tom?
  • @hoorta said:

    he's one of the few people that's PNG here.
    where can i find this evil Tom?

    @sisky-fringo said:

    where can i find this evil Tom?

    He a traveling minstrel 🙂 Rich4Eagle has full details- I PMed you his website. Actually I think it would be great fun to hack it- paybacks are hell.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    where can i find this evil Tom?

    He a traveling minstrel 🙂 Rich4Eagle has full details- I PMed you his website. Actually I think it would be great fun to hack it- paybacks are hell.

    @hoorta said:

    He a traveling minstrel 🙂 Rich4Eagle has full details- I PMed you his website. Actually I think it would be great fun to hack it- paybacks are hell.

    yes they are. 😎

    there's little quite as dangerous as a human with idle time and an agenda.

    release the Dawgs!

  • Why does this thread bring up images of Louisa May Alcott's Little Women in my mind?

  • The best part is that there are no whiney threads asking for certain members to be banned and no threats to leave.

  • Why does this thread bring up images of Louisa May Alcott's Little Women in my mind?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why does this thread bring up images of Louisa May Alcott's Little Women in my mind?

    That was a good one Gipper!

    They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

    little%20women_1.jpg

  • I am new but can only hope one day I am as infamous as this person

  • There's only one Buns of Steel.