Skip to content

Peyton Hillis

The Browns Board
86 38 11.9k
  • @calfoxwc said:

    I LOVE the Browns attitude now.

    THIS

    i don't know if anybody saw last night's TCD, but holmgren's interview and the excerpts from delhomme's press conference after the rams game made it clear that this year is all about winning attitude combined with no excuses for under performing. the team has set expectations for themselves.

    @mudratdetector said:

    THIS

    i don't know if anybody saw last night's TCD, but holmgren's interview and the excerpts from delhomme's press conference after the rams game made it clear that this year is all about winning attitude combined with no excuses for under performing. the team has set expectations for themselves.

    i saw holmgren's interview and some browns players post game comments. i love the new attitude that's going around in the browns orginization. it's a breath of fresh air.

  • Possibly, it really is "Browns Town" again.

  • @curious said:

    We have yet to see how that trade works out, though I'll agree Quinn won't ever start for us unless for an injury.

    Delhomme threw 8 TD's and 18 INT's last year. Really smart decisions there. He won't get wins either. Carolina was 4-7 with him, then Matt Moore stepped in and led them to a 4-1 record throwing 8 TD's to 1 INT with the same players around him. Matt Moore. But yeah, he'll do great.

    I don't think you ever saw this

    http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Jake_Delhomme/1073130

    suns said:

    I don't think you ever saw this

    http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Jake_Delhomme/1073130

    Lol. Oh, that explains everything! Well after seeing that, I guess Delhomme will be MVP this year. That article was like 2 sentences long, and didn't even explain its point. What was he doing with Delhomme that was so different?

  • It is such a blast of fresh air to see somebody like Hollis come to camp with an agenda based on nothing but learning the play book and giving his 110% 24 7 during camp. then to bust out in a game like

    he did saturday night is about as frosty as it gets. I can't recall the last time i was as excited about a Browns FA. Make this kid a Captain......Mangini

  • Possibly, it really is "Browns Town" again.

    @ballpeen said:

    Possibly, it really is "Browns Town" again.

    If nuthin else, the foundation is being layed for a "Browns Town" revival coming soon to your town....North central Oh is ready to errupt in anticipation of the approaching glory....There is a feel in the cooling

    summer air....

  • @the-hawg said:

    4.3 YPC in '09? Look at Hillis' 5.0 in '08. Cleveland is going to see what Denver could have had in .09, '10 ,'11, ... . Believe me, you really don't want to get into a stats war of Hillis vs Moreno. It would be a far more productive use of your time to determine how to get rid of your HC --- quick (and you might want to throw in your GM, too). Or you could continue with your head buried in the sand. Your choice.

    Denver fans are really going to be upset when they see Hillis' performances in '10 and realize that's what they could have had.

    BTW, do I really think we are that much better than last year? Yep! and why, you might ask? Because of Delhomme and Hillis.

    You might want to watch Hillis and Delhomme when the Broncos' season goes south about Oct 1. I can't wait to hear your excuses then.

    The last thing I would ever want to do is get rid of McDaniels. I have agreed with almost all of his decisions since he was hired. And I really just can't stop laughing when I hear Browns fans think that Delhomme will be a good QB in Cleveland. He is just the definition of awful. And I'll pop back onto this thread Oct. 1 and we'll see how our teams compare if that's what you really want. Delhomme will probably have been benched by then, but we'll see.

    But to all the legitimate responses I've gotten, thank you. I'm glad to hear he's doing well, how you feel about him is how we felt about him his rookie year.

    @curious said:

    The last thing I would ever want to do is get rid of McDaniels. I have agreed with almost all of his decisions since he was hired. And I really just can't stop laughing when I hear Browns fans think that Delhomme will be a good QB in Cleveland. He is just the definition of awful. And I'll pop back onto this thread Oct. 1 and we'll see how our teams compare if that's what you really want. Delhomme will probably have been benched by then, but we'll see.

    But to all the legitimate responses I've gotten, thank you. I'm glad to hear he's doing well, how you feel about him is how we felt about him his rookie year.

    How long do you seriously give McD before he is shown the door? He is 2-8 in his last 10 games. Will he be okay if he goes 8-8 and misses the playoffs again?

    Delhomme's history before last year has been good. We are banking that last year was a fluke. Thus far, the gamble is paying off well.

    We'll see how things go on October 1. I wonder what kind of noise will erupt out there when Hillis contributes one of his smash-mouth carries. If the Denver defense does not totally stop Hillis, the Denver fans who thought Hillis should have gotten playing time in '09 will come from all directions and ask continuously why he let Hillis go.

  • @curious said:

    The last thing I would ever want to do is get rid of McDaniels. I have agreed with almost all of his decisions since he was hired. And I really just can't stop laughing when I hear Browns fans think that Delhomme will be a good QB in Cleveland. He is just the definition of awful. And I'll pop back onto this thread Oct. 1 and we'll see how our teams compare if that's what you really want. Delhomme will probably have been benched by then, but we'll see.

    But to all the legitimate responses I've gotten, thank you. I'm glad to hear he's doing well, how you feel about him is how we felt about him his rookie year.

    How long do you seriously give McD before he is shown the door? He is 2-8 in his last 10 games. Will he be okay if he goes 8-8 and misses the playoffs again?

    Delhomme's history before last year has been good. We are banking that last year was a fluke. Thus far, the gamble is paying off well.

    We'll see how things go on October 1. I wonder what kind of noise will erupt out there when Hillis contributes one of his smash-mouth carries. If the Denver defense does not totally stop Hillis, the Denver fans who thought Hillis should have gotten playing time in '09 will come from all directions and ask continuously why he let Hillis go.

    @the-hawg said:

    How long do you seriously give McD before he is shown the door? He is 2-8 in his last 10 games. Will he be okay if he goes 8-8 and misses the playoffs again?

    Delhomme's history before last year has been good. We are banking that last year was a fluke. Thus far, the gamble is paying off well.

    We'll see how things go on October 1. I wonder what kind of noise will erupt out there when Hillis contributes one of his smash-mouth carries. If the Denver defense does not totally stop Hillis, the Denver fans who thought Hillis should have gotten playing time in '09 will come from all directions and ask continuously why he let Hillis go.

    Lol he is 2-8 in his last 10 games. Yeah, cherry pick all the stats you need. He is 8-8 as a head coach. He will definitely be okay if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs this year. That's what I'm expecting, with our horrendous rash of injuries on both sides of the ball. He will be here for years, I think. I have loved all his moves and if we have football in 2011, Denver will be in the playoffs.

    Delhomme was never above average, don't be fooled by any statistics you see. Carolina has had one of the best running games in the NFL, drawing 8 and 9 into the box and Delhomme just throws up those ducks to Smitty and he makes a play. Delhomme is the only person I've seen throw a football that has no rotation on it at all. It just floats, and frankly, it's amazing. I didn't realize that was possible.

  • Ok....maybe it is late or maybe a bit much Jack, but who the hell is "McD"???

  • Ok....maybe it is late or maybe a bit much Jack, but who the hell is "McD"???

    @ballpeen said:

    Ok....maybe it is late or maybe a bit much Jack, but who the hell is "McD"???

    Josh McDaniels, Denver's coach.

  • Anyone watching the game today? This dude is a beast!

  • I am watching but rarely post during the game . I agree with you about Hillis . He rocks

  • More Hillis, less Harrison.

  • I agree Harrison has been horrible, he pretty much given up the starting job. It'd be nice to see what Davis could do now with the first team.

    How stupid is that scroll'r on NFL network saying Colt McCoy wont be cut because of his poor performance's........That's just insane that anybody thought he could be cut in the first place, then they make new's out of it on NFL network......are they mentally disabled

  • more manana.....too much vodka,,,,more hillis and all that he brings

    hey now

  • Hillis looks like a legit starting RB. Harrison hasn't done jack.

  • Two questions regarding Hillis:

    1) Where is his cape?

    2) Who's the idiot in Denver who will lose their job over letting this guy get away?

    He was a shining star in this loss. He & Vickers are a DEVASTATING tandem in short yardage! Harrison, with his fumbling, just made it easy for Hardesty (given good health) & Hillis to relegate him to splinters as a bench player. No big deal to me. I am still not sold on Harrison & if Hardesty can stay healthy, I don't think it will take long to establish he & Hillis as your top backs. In fact, Hillis (with his pass catching ability) may just be our feature back. The guy is a smash mouth, blue collar, nasty monster!!!

    Mike

  • Two questions regarding Hillis:

    1) Where is his cape?

    2) Who's the idiot in Denver who will lose their job over letting this guy get away?

    He was a shining star in this loss. He & Vickers are a DEVASTATING tandem in short yardage! Harrison, with his fumbling, just made it easy for Hardesty (given good health) & Hillis to relegate him to splinters as a bench player. No big deal to me. I am still not sold on Harrison & if Hardesty can stay healthy, I don't think it will take long to establish he & Hillis as your top backs. In fact, Hillis (with his pass catching ability) may just be our feature back. The guy is a smash mouth, blue collar, nasty monster!!!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Two questions regarding Hillis:

    1) Where is his cape?

    2) Who's the idiot in Denver who will lose their job over letting this guy get away?

    He was a shining star in this loss. He & Vickers are a DEVASTATING tandem in short yardage! Harrison, with his fumbling, just made it easy for Hardesty (given good health) & Hillis to relegate him to splinters as a bench player. No big deal to me. I am still not sold on Harrison & if Hardesty can stay healthy, I don't think it will take long to establish he & Hillis as your top backs. In fact, Hillis (with his pass catching ability) may just be our feature back. The guy is a smash mouth, blue collar, nasty monster!!!

    Mike

    devastations is ALL that I am about......hillis is the man

  • Two questions regarding Hillis:

    1) Where is his cape?

    2) Who's the idiot in Denver who will lose their job over letting this guy get away?

    He was a shining star in this loss. He & Vickers are a DEVASTATING tandem in short yardage! Harrison, with his fumbling, just made it easy for Hardesty (given good health) & Hillis to relegate him to splinters as a bench player. No big deal to me. I am still not sold on Harrison & if Hardesty can stay healthy, I don't think it will take long to establish he & Hillis as your top backs. In fact, Hillis (with his pass catching ability) may just be our feature back. The guy is a smash mouth, blue collar, nasty monster!!!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Two questions regarding Hillis:

    1) Where is his cape?

    2) Who's the idiot in Denver who will lose their job over letting this guy get away?

    He was a shining star in this loss. He & Vickers are a DEVASTATING tandem in short yardage! Harrison, with his fumbling, just made it easy for Hardesty (given good health) & Hillis to relegate him to splinters as a bench player. No big deal to me. I am still not sold on Harrison & if Hardesty can stay healthy, I don't think it will take long to establish he & Hillis as your top backs. In fact, Hillis (with his pass catching ability) may just be our feature back. The guy is a smash mouth, blue collar, nasty monster!!!

    Mike

    The idiot -- and boy did you get that descriptor right -- who let Hillis get away was HC Josh McDaniels (commonly known among Denver fans as McDummy). After Hillis had a year in 2008 in which he had a 100-yard rushing game (against Mangini's Jets) and a 100-yard receiving game against Miami, and led the Broncos in rushing, the new HC sat him on the bench in 2009 and left him there to rot. No one knows why. Fans called for Hillis to be used, but to no avail. So, the HC left him on the bench in favor of a faux-running back who had 27% of his carries for 1 yard or less and had only two carries for more than 20 yards.

    The same coach let Marshall go to the Dolphins and Sheffler go to the Lions. He will not lose his job over letting any of them go. He will probably lose it for the people he brought in to replace them sooner or later.

  • Zombo said:

    Man, you guys are sure tossing aside Harrison easily ... do you remember the end of last year, in the real games, when he carried the team on his back?

    Zombo

    I think it was more the O-line, TE's and Vickers blocking that carried the team. He got what he should've got with the blocking he had, but he doesn't get the yards that you didn't expect. He doesn't break tackles or pick up many yards on his own, there's not many wow moments with him

    Watching Davis, he hits the hole hard and fast, you see the explosion with him. Why they dont give him carries with the 1's is beyond me

  • Zombo said:

    Man, you guys are sure tossing aside Harrison easily ... do you remember the end of last year, in the real games, when he carried the team on his back?

    Zombo

    I am hoping he isn't showing his full ability in the preseason, but in previous preseasons he was always a monster. The problem for him is, Hillis is clearly outplaying him, and Hardesty is coming back, so he should be giving 150% to prove why he should be the starter.