Who needs a QB?
-
He is under contract yes, but it is not up to him weather or not they keep him, different question try to not pick and choose.
No I don't but I don't think they want to pay the backup a 5 mil bonus either, and they want to difuse any QB controversy next year when Quinn hits a dry spell.
-
He is under contract yes, but it is not up to him weather or not they keep him, different question try to not pick and choose.
No I don't but I don't think they want to pay the backup a 5 mil bonus either, and they want to difuse any QB controversy next year when Quinn hits a dry spell.
No I don't but I don't think they want to pay the backup a 5 mil bonus either
They paid the backup Quinn a 5 mil bonus last spring.
-
No I don't but I don't think they want to pay the backup a 5 mil bonus either
They paid the backup Quinn a 5 mil bonus last spring.
-
1. Ok, he was back up for the first part of the season, (cause RAC would not pull the plug when he should have). 2. They paid him that bonus cause they drafted him with a 1st rounder that they felt they needed to cause DA did not show the year prior to Quinn being drafted that DA was the QB they trusted fully. (looks like their first hunch was right,) (not saying QUinn is the one the either, now it is Quinns turn to show what he has, and if you can honestly truely say that after 3 pro games that Quinn is going to bust then you are just a anti-anybody but DA guy, try using some football sense when judging DA not your biased thinking, but DA has shown that he is not the one) 3. Quinn is the starting QB now. 4 They don't want a controversy next year. (now who knows what the new coach will do, assuming their is a new coach.
-
@shepwrite said:
Seriously, Lum... you need to find another board now. He's history. He'll be cut in late February.I'd advise you not to bet your "left testicle" on it.
Zero chance he'll be cut shep. Don't forget the tutorial I gave you on guaranteed money.
-
@shepwrite said:
Seriously, Lum... you need to find another board now. He's history. He'll be cut in late February.I'd advise you not to bet your "left testicle" on it.
Zero chance he'll be cut shep. Don't forget the tutorial I gave you on guaranteed money.
I'd advise you not to bet your "left testicle" on it.
Zero chance he'll be cut shep. Don't forget the tutorial I gave you on guaranteed money.
Lummy, since you refused to reply to this the LAST time it was posted:
These are the contracts for BQ and DA:
BQ
QUOTE
8/7/2007: Signed a five-year, $9.25 million contract. The deal contains $7.75 million guaranteed, including a $4.3 million roster bonus in the second year. Another $11 million ($5M in 2010, $5.9M in 2011) is available though escalators in 2010 and 2011 based on Quinn taking at least 55% of the snaps in each of the first two years or at least 70% in his third season. Another $9.8 million is available, but is unlikely to be earned. 2008: $370,000, 2009: $655,000, 2010-2011: $700,000, 2011: Free Agent
DA
QUOTE
2/29/2008: Signed a three-year, $24 million contract. The deal contains $14.5 million in guarantees, including a $7 million signing bonus. Another $1 million is available through incentives based on Pro Bowls and performance. 2008: $950,000, 2009: $1.45 million (+ $5 million roster bonus), 2010: $7.45 million (+ $2 million roster bonus), 2011: Free Agent
The keys are bolded:
In 2009 the contracts are:
BQ - $655, 000
DA - $6,450,000
In 2010 the contracts (if you assume BQ starts) are:
BQ - $5,700,000 (includes $5M kicker to base)
DA - $9,450,000 (includes $2M roster bonus)
In 2011:
BQ - $6,600,000 (includes $5.9M kicker to base)
DA - FA
So for those claiming that BQ costs more than DA....not quite...even if BQ starts for the next 2 years....BQ will cost the Browns a total of $6.35M and DA will cost $15.9M....even counting BQ's 2011 salary, he only costs $12.95M, which is STILL less than DA for the next 2 years.
Now, who do you REALLY think will be traded this off-season???
DA's contract will not allow him to sit on the bench...unless he is willing to restructure as a backup.
-
It is not Quinns fault that RAC did not pull the trigger earlier, most everyone seen that he should have way earlier. Can't blame RAC for starting DA though, he did have a damn good year, last year, (rougher last half but good year none the less) so he should have gotten the nod, however he should have been yanked earlier then he was.
As for Quinn not playing, that is a toss up, he did hold out, and there are many formula's to handling a potential Franchise QB, we tried the trial by fire did not work (couch) so we tried the other after the hold out made the decision to start someone else (who incidentally was not DA, so how good was DA when he could not beat out FRYE, that same logic can be applied to DA too!)
As for the injury part, would rather chance it with Dorsey and the newest QB added and maybe add another to the mix next year, then have what we have now in the QB debate. Besides DA had his chance. Had his 15 minutes of fame with this club. I hope he does get another shot though. Just not here.
-
I'd throw Carolina in this discussion as well.
I brought Carolina up last season when Delhomme was out and I still think he makes sense for them. In fact, now he makes even more sense, since they've upgraded with Otah and Stewart.
Delhomme's not going anywhere anytime soon and he's their leader on the field but he's old and inaccurate and they eventually will need to replace him.
Might they give up their 3rd or 4th to bring in a big arm to come along behind Jake?
They are similar to Minny in that they have a power running game and stout D but struggle getting the ball to their playmaker. Think Steve Smith would complain about DA's big arm?
Anyway, we'll see how they finish out but they make sense to me.
-
I really like that idea, Juki. I've read in several places that one of the reasons why Carolina's run game has had so much success (4th in the league) is that defenses don't crowd the box because they're afraid of getting beat deep by Steve Smith.
If the Panthers were to lose a playoff game because the opposing D crowded the box & Delhomme couldn't hit Smith deep, then they'd probably be interested in giving up a late 3rd for DA. They don't have a 1st Round pick (from acquiring Jeff Otah), so they're not going to get a possibly starting-caliber QB in this year's weak QB class.
Also,
Kevin SmithJeff Davidson is still their OC, so they already have a guy who knows DA. -
Delhome is 33, a leader and very well versed with their offense and is surely not leaving the Panthers any time soon.
-
Delhome is 33, a leader and very well versed with their offense and is surely not leaving the Panthers any time soon.
Delhome is 33, a leader and very well versed with their offense and is surely not leaving the Panthers any time soon.
On the other hand, Delhomme is 33, leads a passing attack ranked 22nd in the league, and is only signed through next season.
-
If the gameplan is to move DA & Winslow, I'd send DA to Seattle for a 3rd/4th & Owen Schmitt. The guy runs a 4.6, is 6-3 & 250+. He's Urlacher with hands. We've got our TE/WR hybrid in Rucker, and Heiden isn't getting any younger. Bring in Schmitt & convert him to a TE/HB like Chris Cooley (RichRod lined him up there occasionally in Morgantown) . He can block extremely well, and wont be a DC's give away that we're running the ball when he's on the field. Plus, he's a psychopath, and every football team needs at least 2-3 of those.
I personally would like to keep Winslow, but his knees are on their 12th season while he'll be entering his 5th.
If the gameplan is to move DA & Winslow, I'd send DA to Seattle for a 3rd/4th & Owen Schmitt. The guy runs a 4.6, is 6-3 & 250+. He's Urlacher with hands. We've got our TE/WR hybrid in Rucker, and Heiden isn't getting any younger. Bring in Schmitt & convert him to a TE/HB like Chris Cooley (RichRod lined him up there occasionally in Morgantown) . He can block extremely well, and wont be a DC's give away that we're running the ball when he's on the field. Plus, he's a psychopath, and every football team needs at least 2-3 of those.
I personally would like to keep Winslow, but his knees are on their 12th season while he'll be entering his 5th.
I think we'd be lucky to get just Schmitt for DA...you're talking about a guy that was a 3rd rounder and I don't see us getting more than a third and maybe a 5th or 6th for him...lucky to get that!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login