Help settle a bet! Quincy Morgan 2001
-
Hey Browns fans, quick question. I have a bet with a friend that he says Quincy Morgan wore #5 his rookie season after being drafted by Cleveland. I bet against him since that's illegal and they only just recently allowed WRs to wear 10-19. I found an old roster that says he was 81 in 2001, and wikipedia says his only jersey numbers have been 11 and 81, but I have also seen a picture of him wearing #5 in a Browns uniform...maybe just for preseason?
Any help would be appreciated thanks!
-
Zombo said:
He may have worn #5 for the rookie camps/ mini-camps, but he was alsways #81 in the regular season for the Browns. If you'll find a replay of the famouse "bottlegate" non-catch, you'll see that Quincy is wearing #81, and that was his rookie year.Zombo
-
All I know is I was at the game in Jacksonville when Tim couch threw the hail mary to him.. I believe he was wearing 81.
-
thanks guys i appreciate you winning me the bet!
-
-
well it was 100$ so i probably will receive 0 and depsite this proof my friend still thinks you guys are wrong....despite you being Browns fans.
-
well it was 100$ so i probably will receive 0 and depsite this proof my friend still thinks you guys are wrong....despite you being Browns fans.
-
apparently #5 is a common jersey number for rookies pre-preseason, regardless of position.
yes he wore it, in practice, but was never officially #5 on an NFL roster or in any game.
but...
I have a bet with a friend that he says Quincy Morgan wore #5 his rookie season after being drafted by Cleveland.
your friend is technically right.

-
-
oh bottle gate, what a game to be at

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
