rivarly gone!
-
it's a really easy call on the penalty/no penalty argument. on the play that the interference flag was thrown, there was no pass interference. however, if you go back and look at the play before that, there was pass interference that was not called. the ref knew it. it was a make-good call.
-
I find this game the most over rated/boring game of the year.. No one outside ohio or michigan gives a sh*t about this game... I LOVE college football and can honestly say I have never watched more than a quarter of one of these games. The reason the big ten is doing this is because the big ten has NOTHING else going for it! So why not try and make the "biggest" game happen twice a year... Oh.. and GO IRISH!
Yea, right. The fact is, if you don't like the OSU-Mich. rivalry, you don't like college football. Plain and simple.
And if you say OSU/Mich is irrelevent, then what can be said about Notre Dame?
Unfortuneatly I think this is what you can say about ND: (and note my screen name, so don't think I am happy about this):
Notre Dame is about to be placed on a par with other similar institutions like Duke, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Stanford:
quality educations, below average football programs (in terms of winning).
In fact, in my opinion, given the fluctuation in college conferences these days, these schools should form their own new separate conference:
Duke
Notre Dame
Vandy
Northwestern
Army
Navy
Rice
Stanford
Boston College
and maybe a couple more.
Yea, right. The fact is, if you don't like the OSU-Mich. rivalry, you don't like college football. Plain and simple.
And if you say OSU/Mich is irrelevent, then what can be said about Notre Dame?
Unfortuneatly I think this is what you can say about ND: (and note my screen name, so don't think I am happy about this):
Notre Dame is about to be placed on a par with other similar institutions like Duke, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Stanford:
quality educations, below average football programs (in terms of winning).
In fact, in my opinion, given the fluctuation in college conferences these days, these schools should form their own new separate conference:
Duke
Notre Dame
Vandy
Northwestern
Army
Navy
Rice
Stanford
Boston College
and maybe a couple more
.Include the the Ivy League and throw in MIT and UCBerkley (sp) while you are at it
-
Yea, right. The fact is, if you don't like the OSU-Mich. rivalry, you don't like college football. Plain and simple.
And if you say OSU/Mich is irrelevent, then what can be said about Notre Dame?
Unfortuneatly I think this is what you can say about ND: (and note my screen name, so don't think I am happy about this):
Notre Dame is about to be placed on a par with other similar institutions like Duke, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Stanford:
quality educations, below average football programs (in terms of winning).
In fact, in my opinion, given the fluctuation in college conferences these days, these schools should form their own new separate conference:
Duke
Notre Dame
Vandy
Northwestern
Army
Navy
Rice
Stanford
Boston College
and maybe a couple more
.Would this new conference be called the Big Brain? With the occasional blip from ND, BC and Stanford this conference would be just as good if not better than Conference USA or the WAC. ECU should be n the ACC
Would this new conference be called the Big Brain? With the occasional blip from ND, BC and Stanford this conference would be just as good if not better than Conference USA or the WAC. ECU should be n the ACC
OK, Big Brain Conference. I like it, though, I doubt those schools would be so arrogant as to use that moniker....though.....on the other hand....they may just be that arrogant!
-
FYI, of that lead that Michigan holds, note that Michigan won the first 13 in a row between 1897 and 1918 which was before OSU became any sort of a national power. Michigan along with Notre Dame and Army and some of the Ivies were the only big time college teams then. After OSU began developing its program post WWI the rivalry has been pretty even if not in OSU's favor. In fact doing the math, if Michigan won the first 13, then post WWI the count would be OSU 32 wins, Mich. 29.
But...yes, of course we can't go back and revise history. I simply wanted to point out that prior to WWI the programs were not really operating at parity. (maybe if OSU wins 7 more in a row we can say they aren't operating at parity again, only in the other direction!)
I wasn't trying to point that out like I am a Michigan fan, and noted that OSU wasn't in the league until much later. You sometime forget I like the Bucks.
I was simply pointing out the raw numbers to bolster my point about the two programs having dominated the conference for the last 70 years and it makes no sense to put the two of them in the same division.
The article's point was about the change that is going to take place....moving the game date and splitting them in to opposite divisions.
I wasn't trying to point that out like I am a Michigan fan, and noted that OSU wasn't in the league until much later. You sometime forget I like the Bucks.
I was simply pointing out the raw numbers to bolster my point about the two programs having dominated the conference for the last 70 years and it makes no sense to put the two of them in the same division.
The article's point was about the change that is going to take place....moving the game date and splitting them in to opposite divisions.
No, peen, God forbid I wasn't accusing you of such a monstrous act as being a Michigan fan

I was just giving the data on the rivalry before and after a certain point to show that the apparent dominance the Michigan has in the rivalry was totally front loaded.
-
Dude there is no asteric but and I'm sure there were other calls that were misseed, but that was a horrible call. I am a huge hurricane fan, let's not forget that's where bernie went.
Dude there is no asteric but and I'm sure there were other calls that were misseed, but that was a horrible call. I am a huge hurricane fan, let's not forget that's where bernie went.
It wasn't a horrible call, it was justifiable. On the other hand, if the call had not been made Buckeye fans would have had a bitch. So, it perhaps was a debatable call, not horrible. And the right team won. The dominant team won.
-
it's a really easy call on the penalty/no penalty argument. on the play that the interference flag was thrown, there was no pass interference. however, if you go back and look at the play before that, there was pass interference that was not called. the ref knew it. it was a make-good call.
it's a really easy call on the penalty/no penalty argument. on the play that the interference flag was thrown, there was no pass interference. however, if you go back and look at the play before that, there was pass interference that was not called. the ref knew it. it was a make-good call.
I agree that there wasn't pass interference on the play in question, because the ball was not in the air yet. However, there was a penalty on the play, as the WR was getting mauled by the CB. As such, it didn't matter what the actual call was, just that there was a call at all.
-
I wasn't trying to point that out like I am a Michigan fan, and noted that OSU wasn't in the league until much later. You sometime forget I like the Bucks.
I was simply pointing out the raw numbers to bolster my point about the two programs having dominated the conference for the last 70 years and it makes no sense to put the two of them in the same division.
The article's point was about the change that is going to take place....moving the game date and splitting them in to opposite divisions.
No, peen, God forbid I wasn't accusing you of such a monstrous act as being a Michigan fan

I was just giving the data on the rivalry before and after a certain point to show that the apparent dominance the Michigan has in the rivalry was totally front loaded.
No, peen, God forbid I wasn't accusing you of such a monstrous act as being a Michigan fan

I was just giving the data on the rivalry before and after a certain point to show that the apparent dominance the Michigan has in the rivalry was totally front loaded.
Ok....just wanted to make that clear.
No doubt I am a Gator fan and I don't pretend to hide that. I went to school there and that is my college team, but the Bucks are who I grew up rooting for and it is not very often I am not actively rooting for them ...and even against the Gator's, I didn't root against them. Had the Bucks won those games, I would have slept with a smile on my face, be it a slightly smaller smile.
-
Yea, right. The fact is, if you don't like the OSU-Mich. rivalry, you don't like college football. Plain and simple.
And if you say OSU/Mich is irrelevent, then what can be said about Notre Dame?
Unfortuneatly I think this is what you can say about ND: (and note my screen name, so don't think I am happy about this):
Notre Dame is about to be placed on a par with other similar institutions like Duke, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Stanford:
quality educations, below average football programs (in terms of winning).
In fact, in my opinion, given the fluctuation in college conferences these days, these schools should form their own new separate conference:
Duke
Notre Dame
Vandy
Northwestern
Army
Navy
Rice
Stanford
Boston College
and maybe a couple more
.Include the the Ivy League and throw in MIT and UCBerkley (sp) while you are at it
-
rivarly gone!
no it's not. the rivalry won't be gone. the rivalry will still be alive and well. osu and michigan won't let something like this get in the way and neither will the fans. i love tradition and would hate this change if it actually goes through, but i won't let something like that alter my hate for michigan. i'll still be pumped up and root for the osu to beat the crap out of missagain.
-
I would like to salute SJ for his words above .
Muck Fichigan
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login