Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Possible penalty for Suh

Possible penalty for Suh

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
11 Posts 10 Posters 1.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • playerjdd P
    • 360 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
    #1

    For those of you that didnt see it:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-suhpenalty

    BEREA, Ohio (AP)—The Browns expect the NFL to review the play in which Detroit Lions rookie Ndamukong Suh(notes) grabbed quarterback Jake Delhomme’s(notes) facemask and violently flung him to the ground.

    In the second quarter of Saturday’s exhibition game, Suh grabbed Delhomme by the face mask, twisted it, threw both arms around the QB’s head and spun him to the ground. Suh was assessed a 15-yard penalty for the infraction, which seemed severe enough to warrant an ejection.

    Browns coach Eric Mangini said Monday that he will ask the league to investigate the play, but he assumed it would do so anyway.

    Mangini does not believe there was any malice on the part of the No. 2 overall draft pick, and Delhomme said he would leave it up to the league to decide whether a suspension or fine is warranted.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • 4Browns 4
      • 187 Posts
      • 8 Reputation
      4 4Browns wrote on last edited by
      #2

      That play by Suh was ridiculous. I'll buy that he didn't intend to grab the face mask but then he follows up with a 2 handed head twist. Big fine coming for sure.

      E 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • 4 4Browns

        That play by Suh was ridiculous. I'll buy that he didn't intend to grab the face mask but then he follows up with a 2 handed head twist. Big fine coming for sure.

        Earl34 E
        • 1k Posts
        • 11 Reputation
        E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @4browns said:

        That play by Suh was ridiculous. I'll buy that he didn't intend to grab the face mask but then he follows up with a 2 handed head twist. Big fine coming for sure.

        You forgot the attempted body slam at the end...

        1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
          • 28k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          He didn't make much of an impact on the game. I think he was frustrated because of it. I hope they suspend him for a few games and fine the shit out of him. xxxxing rookie.

          "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
          S 1 Reply Last reply
          ❤
          Quote Reply
          • Big-G B
            • 21 Posts
            • 2 Reputation
            B Big-G wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I was watching pti on espn and the two ***holes said that they liked the play, are you kidding? So it's ok for suh to potentially paralyze another human? The play was a disgrace to the game, he clearly had no control over himself. I may not believe in god but I do believe in karma, I don't hope suh gets hurt but he needs a wake up call to what could have happened. Sorenson's injury was scary enough, I don't mind a late hit but suh's actions were ridiculous

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

              He didn't make much of an impact on the game. I think he was frustrated because of it. I hope they suspend him for a few games and fine the shit out of him. xxxxing rookie.

              SJ_Browns S
              • 1k Posts
              • 12 Reputation
              S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by SJ_Browns
              #6

              @diehardbrownsfan said:

              He didn't make much of an impact on the game. I think he was frustrated because of it. I hope they suspend him for a few games and fine the shit out of him. xxxxing rookie.

              good point. suh was probably getting manhandled all game long then tried to take out his frustrations on jake. i hope they fine him and suspend his ass to.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • playerjdd P
                • 360 Posts
                • 1 Reputation
                P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
                #7

                If the shoe was on the other foot and it was our player that did this I would still be calling for a suspension. This isn't prison rules!!! I would be surprised to not see a suspension since the nfl is so big on protecting the Qb. If they do nothing then there is something really wrong.

                F S 2 Replies Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • P playerjdd

                  If the shoe was on the other foot and it was our player that did this I would still be calling for a suspension. This isn't prison rules!!! I would be surprised to not see a suspension since the nfl is so big on protecting the Qb. If they do nothing then there is something really wrong.

                  FearTheRoo F
                  • 496 Posts
                  • 14 Reputation
                  F FearTheRoo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @playerjdd said:

                  If the shoe was on the other foot and it was our player that did this I would still be calling for a suspension. This isn't prison rules!!! I would be surprised to not see a suspension since the nfl is so big on protecting the Qb. If they do nothing then there is something really wrong.

                  BUT the NFL is never on the Browns side! If it were Roethlisburger, Brady, or a Manning I wouldn't be surprised to see a full year suspension haha

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 301 Reputation
                    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @feartheroo said:

                    BUT the NFL is never on the Browns side! If it were Roethlisburger, Brady, or a Manning I wouldn't be surprised to see a full year suspension haha

                    Seriously. I think you may be Retarded. Now for the real reason I entered this thread. I was going to come in here having not seen the play and discuss the "pussification" of the NFL. A lot of the unnecessary roughness penalties recently since the league started cracking down are shameful. Football is a full contact sport that can and often does get violent and the efforts to completely protect the QB's is bordering the ridiculous on certain fronts. I'm all for protecting the players but there is a line and some of the calls are flat out bad. However before entering this thread I sought out the specific incident being discussed and all I can say is WOW. He'll be getting a fine and I think he should be suspended. As others have said I don't care who the QB is, not only does he maul his face mask but then he proceeds to swing him around like he weighs 40 pounds by that same face mask. You're ASKING for some sort of serious injury and I'm no doctor but that had potential to be pretty nasty if his neck does the wrong way.

                    wlcdbl.gif

                    Totally heinous. Deserves a huge fine and some sort of suspension but I guess we'll find out.

                    AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                    ❤
                    Quote Reply
                    • VagitronV Vagitron

                      @feartheroo said:

                      BUT the NFL is never on the Browns side! If it were Roethlisburger, Brady, or a Manning I wouldn't be surprised to see a full year suspension haha

                      Seriously. I think you may be Retarded. Now for the real reason I entered this thread. I was going to come in here having not seen the play and discuss the "pussification" of the NFL. A lot of the unnecessary roughness penalties recently since the league started cracking down are shameful. Football is a full contact sport that can and often does get violent and the efforts to completely protect the QB's is bordering the ridiculous on certain fronts. I'm all for protecting the players but there is a line and some of the calls are flat out bad. However before entering this thread I sought out the specific incident being discussed and all I can say is WOW. He'll be getting a fine and I think he should be suspended. As others have said I don't care who the QB is, not only does he maul his face mask but then he proceeds to swing him around like he weighs 40 pounds by that same face mask. You're ASKING for some sort of serious injury and I'm no doctor but that had potential to be pretty nasty if his neck does the wrong way.

                      wlcdbl.gif

                      Totally heinous. Deserves a huge fine and some sort of suspension but I guess we'll find out.

                      Squintz S
                      • 508 Posts
                      • 5 Reputation
                      S Squintz wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Homotron said:

                      Seriously. I think you may be Retarded. Now for the real reason I entered this thread. I was going to come in here having not seen the play and discuss the "pussification" of the NFL. A lot of the unnecessary roughness penalties recently since the league started cracking down are shameful. Football is a full contact sport that can and often does get violent and the efforts to completely protect the QB's is bordering the ridiculous on certain fronts. I'm all for protecting the players but there is a line and some of the calls are flat out bad. However before entering this thread I sought out the specific incident being discussed and all I can say is WOW. He'll be getting a fine and I think he should be suspended. As others have said I don't care who the QB is, not only does he maul his face mask but then he proceeds to swing him around like he weighs 40 pounds by that same face mask. You're ASKING for some sort of serious injury and I'm no doctor but that had potential to be pretty nasty if his neck does the wrong way.

                      wlcdbl.gif

                      Totally heinous. Deserves a huge fine and some sort of suspension but I guess we'll find out.

                      Absolutely should be suspended and fined heavily. For them to play this off as football is ludicrous. It was ridiculous.

                      CHANGE IS GOOD
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • P playerjdd

                        If the shoe was on the other foot and it was our player that did this I would still be calling for a suspension. This isn't prison rules!!! I would be surprised to not see a suspension since the nfl is so big on protecting the Qb. If they do nothing then there is something really wrong.

                        samoth S
                        • 592 Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        S samoth wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @playerjdd said:

                        If the shoe was on the other foot and it was our player that did this I would still be calling for a suspension. This isn't prison rules!!! I would be surprised to not see a suspension since the nfl is so big on protecting the Qb. If they do nothing then there is something really wrong.

                        In my opinion, you don't give up on the tackle until the guy is on the ground.

                        However, Delhomme was on the ground before Suh ripped him over into a bodyslam, so he put a little something extra on the end of it that was totally unnecessary.

                        I don't think he needs to be suspended, but he is certainly due for a big fine (a drop in the bucket to his enormous salary).

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        Theme
                        • System
                        • Light
                        • Dark
                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Forums
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Donate