Rogers to not be suspended!
-
WKNR just reported that Shaun Rogers would NOT be suspended for any games for the upcoming season. The league will fine him, but the amount was not known! Good news.
WKNR just reported that Shaun Rogers would NOT be suspended for any games for the upcoming season. The league will fine him, but the amount was not known! Good news.
I am quite surprised...even shocked if that is true. I mean, he was carrying a loaded weapon in an airport and he was charged with a criminal offense...though he did do a pretrial diversion program. Will wonders never cease?
-
shocked and joyed. however, i am more joyed about the fact that steeler fans will get pissed because our guy got nothing but a fine. awesome.
-
I wonder if Goodel looked at the whole good semaritian thing he did with the drunk driver and weighed that against the loaded gun fiasco? I know i would've done so if i were commish.
-
shocked and joyed. however, i am more joyed about the fact that steeler fans will get pissed because our guy got nothing but a fine. awesome.
shocked and joyed. however, i am more joyed about the fact that steeler fans will get pissed because our guy got nothing but a fine. awesome.
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
-
shocked and joyed. however, i am more joyed about the fact that steeler fans will get pissed because our guy got nothing but a fine. awesome.
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
All I can say is: C'est la vie.
-
I am not shocked.
Had it been any one of us, we would have ended up getting fined. I doubt anybody would do jail time unless there was more reason than a screw up, nor do I think most would have been terminated or suspended from work.
-
shocked and joyed. however, i am more joyed about the fact that steeler fans will get pissed because our guy got nothing but a fine. awesome.
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
I agree with mostly everything you said except Goodell is far from a joke.. well, if he is a joke then what does that make Stern and Selig?
-
shocked and joyed. however, i am more joyed about the fact that steeler fans will get pissed because our guy got nothing but a fine. awesome.
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
If rothlisburger actually raped someone he got much less than he deserved. Wow, suspended 4-6 games for rape, yeah that is a tough sentence to deal with
-
I hate to admit it, but Worthlessberger got a raw deal. Vick doesn't get suspended being in places he shouldn't have where there was gun violence (not his first offense), Rogers gets busted, Cedric Benson punches someone, Vince Young punches someone... and no suspension.
Shitsmypantsberger gets two accusations and gets a major suspension.
I'm not standing up for the guy. I just believe Goodell is a joke at commish. I'd be pissed to if I were a squeelers lover.
If rothlisburger actually raped someone he got much less than he deserved. Wow, suspended 4-6 games for rape, yeah that is a tough sentence to deal with
If rothlisburger actually raped someone he got much less than he deserved. Wow, suspended 4-6 games for rape, yeah that is a tough sentence to deal with
If he did, then he deserves more than just a punishment from the NFL.
My point is that he was not found guilty, but was given a suspension as though he was. Where as the others were guilty and get off without a suspension. I don't understand Goodell's logic. That is all.
-
If rothlisburger actually raped someone he got much less than he deserved. Wow, suspended 4-6 games for rape, yeah that is a tough sentence to deal with
If he did, then he deserves more than just a punishment from the NFL.
My point is that he was not found guilty, but was given a suspension as though he was. Where as the others were guilty and get off without a suspension. I don't understand Goodell's logic. That is all.
If he did, then he deserves more than just a punishment from the NFL.
My point is that he was not found guilty, but was given a suspension as though he was. Where as the others were guilty and get off without a suspension. I don't understand Goodell's logic. That is all.
I think Goodell is doing a great job! He is hitting these players hard for things that the NFL should not tollerate. I have to believe that he had much more information on what Big Ben was up to then we all did. And beyond that Ben had repeated allegations. Rape is serious. And as much as Vick's actions with the dogfighting sickens me, If Ben was guilty (and we may never know if he was) then you would have to say that Vick is the one who got the raw deal by the Commish. So we could look at this any number of ways. But the bottom line is that the commish is not putting up with any crap from players and making them think twice about what they are doing off of the field. In my book that is a great thing. Kids look up to these players. Whether or not they should is always a debate, but they do, and the commish is aware of that and doesn't want these guys screwing up off of the field.
As for Rogers not getting suspended. He has a permit for the gun so the only thing that was illegal is that he forgot and had it in the airport. There is no harmful intent to someone else. It seems like again he had more information then us and maybe saw it for what it really was. A small mistake. At least I would classify a legal gun in an illegal place by accident as a small mistake.
Chris Henry, Pac-Man Jones, Vick, Big Ben, Illegal drug use, domestic violence, rape, inhumane treatment of animals, gambling...... It seems like these are the things that the commish is most concerned with. All things that can hurt the individual player or other people. Rogers actions did not cause any harm, nor did he intend to cause any harm. (or so it seems) Just all my opinion but it seems this is the distinction. He got fined just like Suh should get fined for his mistake on the football field. A mistake in judgement that wasn't intended to cause harm.
I'm sure the Gipper will find things to disagree with in this post, but I believe that to the commish "INTENT" is a big big factor when it comes to him deciding punishment.
-
Formerly Stone said:
If Suh got wishes of a season ending injury for what he did Rogers should get a career ending injury for this if it's true!Really? And he physically assaulted someone how? Oh, that's right, he didn't.....
Seriously... STFU.....
-
I would bet on the fact he's already healthy , and has been escaping the dreaded training camp .
I would bet on the fact he's already healthy , and has been escaping the dreaded training camp .
I'm with you on this & thinking he'll be playing in the opener. This is an IMMEDIATE lift for our D. I wonder whether or not they'll insert him at DE early this year. I guess we'll have to wait & see.
Mike
-
I'm not sure how many times I have to type this here before it's acknowledged but the Rooney's 100% had a hand in Ben's suspension. I don't believe he would have been laid up for this long if the Rooney's didn't want it that way. The suspension could very well save his career because he was being a idiot up until that point. Rogers should still be suspended but he's in a program to get the felony charge dropped and avoid trial. Either way it's still against the personal conduct policy for the NFL. I'm surprised he wasn't suspended but I'm not overly upset that he wasn't. Goodell is doing a good job.
-
I think Ben got a fair deal, maybe a little extreme, but close to fair. Rogers should have gotten at most 2 games and at least 1 game. I think Goodell is falling prey to the African-American media.......If Rogers were white I'd bet the farm he would have gotten a suspension.
-
I think Ben got a fair deal, maybe a little extreme, but close to fair. Rogers should have gotten at most 2 games and at least 1 game. I think Goodell is falling prey to the African-American media.......If Rogers were white I'd bet the farm he would have gotten a suspension.
I think Ben got a fair deal, maybe a little extreme, but close to fair. Rogers should have gotten at most 2 games and at least 1 game. I think Goodell is falling prey to the African-American media.......If Rogers were white I'd bet the farm he would have gotten a suspension.
OH NOW IT'S A RACE THING!!!!! I guess somebody had to go there. Thanks for that.
-
I think Ben got a fair deal, maybe a little extreme, but close to fair. Rogers should have gotten at most 2 games and at least 1 game. I think Goodell is falling prey to the African-American media.......If Rogers were white I'd bet the farm he would have gotten a suspension.
OH NOW IT'S A RACE THING!!!!! I guess somebody had to go there. Thanks for that.
-
Great Info Guys and Great News rogers is Not Getting Suspended.
-
Formerly Stone said:
If Suh got wishes of a season ending injury for what he did Rogers should get a career ending injury for this if it's true!Why don't you be the one to tell him that. Go ahead. I dare you. Rogers might either squash you or shoot you.
(like I said though, I am surprised. I was expecting 4 games)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login