Skip to content

Get Excited Browns Fans.............

The Browns Board
58 24 4.8k
  • Who is Talib? Never heard of him in my life.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @theclevelandsound said:

    Who is Talib? Never heard of him in my life.

    Sh.it like this just furthers solidifies the complete lack of football knowledge with certain posters on this board. Don't worry you aren't alone on this one but he's their best CB. He was drafted in the 20's I believe in the 2008 draft AND he's from Cleveland.

  • P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I love Tampa and visit often because my wifes family but your an idiot Wickerman. If you think a team carried a Coach to a SB then your more delusional than I thought. Tampa did didley until Guden came in or dont you remeber that. Needless to say Tampa is my other familys team so I will root for them. As far as fans go you will find its like society we have some good fans and we got some bad apples. The one thing that sets browns fans aside from Tampa is we still root for our team when they suck unlike alot of fairweather Bucs fans. Im out

  • USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by USFBrown
    #32

    I lived in Tampa for a long time, now in Orlando, and I agree with Wicker. Gruden used and abused Dungy's team (and Kiffin's defense). He took Dungy's team to the SB and beat his old team. After that he did nothing. He may have been a good coach else where, but not in Tampa. He left Tampa high an dry.

    I am going to the first game of the season and I'm glad that Talib is out. I want us to destroy the Bucs. Last Browns and Bucs game I went to, the loser fans were ragging on me for a 12 to 15 loss. It was all freaking field goals and a horrible game.

  • Goodell just helped you guys out big time for week 1.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/T...fa-960916779040

    Talib already a great talent at CB in his third year won't be playing week one.

    Delhomme has experience vs the tampa 2 and has ripped up the bucs in past years. Now the bucs will play him without their best cornerback.

    Goodell gave 0 notice for this and the bucs will have to thrust a not nfl ready rookie or second year player into the starting line up.

    So Browns fans be excited! You should rip up the bucs through the air!

    Will you win?................. I'm not sure, it is the browns 🙄

    brnfan16B brnfan16 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @thewickerman said:

    Goodell just helped you guys out big time for week 1.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/T...fa-960916779040

    Talib already a great talent at CB in his third year won't be playing week one.

    Delhomme has experience vs the tampa 2 and has ripped up the bucs in past years. Now the bucs will play him without their best cornerback.

    Goodell gave 0 notice for this and the bucs will have to thrust a not nfl ready rookie or second year player into the starting line up.

    So Browns fans be excited! You should rip up the bucs through the air!

    Will you win?................. I'm not sure, it is the browns 🙄

    The Browns should win this game if the defense shows up. Looking at 24-17. Could be our man Phil D. during the 2 min. warning pulling it out. I think run game will be pounding with Hillis and company. Man, hurry season and get here. GO BROWNS!!

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I know ... cant wait for the season to begin.

  • @daddybull1 said:

    TheWickerMan quote:" I have heard every single NFL fan tell me that "the Cleveland Browns Fans are stupid and all they do is talk shit" ".....

    Dude my props go out to you.. How did you manage to talk to every single NFL fan?????? Do you know them personally???? Have you also spoken to every married NFL fan.... you must have more friends than pimples on your ass.....

    Jump off that Tampa bandwagon and hop on the Steelers bandwagon---- trust me, you would fit in perfectly... They tend to stretch the truth a mite also...

    Peace

    T.Dawg

    🙄

    Every single NFL fan that I have talked to has told me that Cleveland fans are xxxxing stupid. This proves that atleast some are.

    T-Dawg your so cool bra, o man i wish I was you.

    Peace

    B.Dawg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @thewickerman said:

    🙄

    Every single NFL fan that I have talked to has told me that Cleveland fans are xxxxing stupid. This proves that atleast some are.

    T-Dawg your so cool bra, o man i wish I was you.

    Peace

    B.Dawg

    Actually, it is possible that we do talk shit, but trust me, we are not stupid. We just don't suffer fools gladly. If you come here being the fool we indeed will recognize it and put you on the hill. Usually it is only the fools that come in and get diced, sliced, shredded and grated that claim Cleveland fans are stupid, but they usually do it from the fetal position crying for their mommys. Thus, the burden is upon YOU the interloper to prove that you are worthy and not just so much fodder for the swine.

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Formerly Stone said:

    That's a bit harsh don'tcha think?

    They do specialize in talking shit but that doesn't make them stupid! They are just frustrated and delusional, and slightly pissed off at life due to a couple of impactful things that are completely out of their control.

    1. They live in the most inept professional sports city in the world.

    2. There is less sunshine in and around Cleveland than any where else in the USA.

    These two things would make a normal person irrational, when you consider that there are third generation losers on this board you gotta cut them some slack 😉

    When , if EVER , you get the guts to crawl out from under the rock you live under , maybe you can show us what you're made of . You sound all smug and upity blabbering all your shit . Try showing up at an event and lets see how much sophistication you have in the manly arts . Mouths only take you so far around here , and you went by that benchmark a long time ago cupcake .

    STFU

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Formerly Stone said:

    That's a bit harsh don'tcha think?

    They do specialize in talking shit but that doesn't make them stupid! They are just frustrated and delusional, and slightly pissed off at life due to a couple of impactful things that are completely out of their control.

    1. They live in the most inept professional sports city in the world.

    2. There is less sunshine in and around Cleveland than any where else in the USA.

    Neither of these, of course are true. What we have had more than other cities perhaps are a lot of close calls on opportunities to win titles and hair tearing losses and events. You know all the names: shot, fumble, drive, red right, decision, blown save, etc. etc. I mean, look at San Diego, a larger town that has gone longer than C-town for a title. Vancouver hasn't had one since 1915.

    As for sunshine, I checked this out and Cleveland is pretty much average in the US. Not the best, but by no means the worst. Not different really than any other midwest/northeast city.

    These two things would make a normal person irrational, when you consider that there are third generation losers on this board you gotta cut them some slack 😉

    And what this does is make us the toughest hombres in the neighborhood.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    That's a bit harsh don'tcha think?

    They do specialize in talking shit but that doesn't make them stupid! They are just frustrated and delusional, and slightly pissed off at life due to a couple of impactful things that are completely out of their control.

    1. They live in the most inept professional sports city in the world.

    2. There is less sunshine in and around Cleveland than any where else in the USA.

    These two things would make a normal person irrational, when you consider that there are third generation losers on this board you gotta cut them some slack 😉

    When , if EVER , you get the guts to crawl out from under the rock you live under , maybe you can show us what you're made of . You sound all smug and upity blabbering all your shit . Try showing up at an event and lets see how much sophistication you have in the manly arts . Mouths only take you so far around here , and you went by that benchmark a long time ago cupcake .

    STFU

    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @neweradawg said:

    When , if EVER , you get the guts to crawl out from under the rock you live under , maybe you can show us what you're made of . You sound all smug and upity blabbering all your shit . Try showing up at an event and lets see how much sophistication you have in the manly arts . Mouths only take you so far around here , and you went by that benchmark a long time ago cupcake .

    STFU

    I see the making of a Hollywood script......Fight Club Part II

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #39

    more like "shoot out at the ok " 😁

  • more like "shoot out at the ok " 😁

    slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #40

    @neweradawg said:

    more like "shoot out at the ok " 😁

    How about "Armed Fight Club Part II"

  • I love Tampa and visit often because my wifes family but your an idiot Wickerman. If you think a team carried a Coach to a SB then your more delusional than I thought. Tampa did didley until Guden came in or dont you remeber that. Needless to say Tampa is my other familys team so I will root for them. As far as fans go you will find its like society we have some good fans and we got some bad apples. The one thing that sets browns fans aside from Tampa is we still root for our team when they suck unlike alot of fairweather Bucs fans. Im out

    T TheWickerMan wrote on last edited by TheWickerMan
    #41

    @playerjdd said:

    I love Tampa and visit often because my wifes family but your an idiot Wickerman. If you think a team carried a Coach to a SB then your more delusional than I thought. Tampa did didley until Guden came in or dont you remeber that. Needless to say Tampa is my other familys team so I will root for them. As far as fans go you will find its like society we have some good fans and we got some bad apples. The one thing that sets browns fans aside from Tampa is we still root for our team when they suck unlike alot of fairweather Bucs fans. Im out

    Hey man, I'm sorry but your wrong. Please read my points and give logic a chance.

    Dungy/Kiffen built a defense from the 90s peice by peice, with great draft picks and great coaching. This is now known as the Tampa 2. The defense became one of the best all time. The problem was Dungy could not do anything about the offense, the bucs would lose in the playoffs by joke scores. 12-6 ect......

    This is why Dungy was canned and Gruden was brought in, we traded 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Gruden. Gruden came in and put vets at every position, which was fine. The defense the superbowl year allowed 12.6 points per game or something close to that. All Grudens O had to do was not suck, and it did suck for the first half of the year. Luckily the D was so good we still won games. Than Grudens O became average, just average enough for the D to win the superbowl. Remember gruden inherited Alstott on offense and he was instant touchdown inside the 5 yard line. Everyone of course loved Gruden after the superbowl and thought glory years were ahead, we were wrong.

    Gruden never developed a Qb he went after an old vet every year, he never drafted defense, and he never trusted young players or gave them a chance. As montes defense started to get older Gruden didn't care, he drafted bad and signed old FAs, the team got older slower and weaker by year. Gruden than found his ass on the hot seat, he would search for a vet qb Griese/Garcia to save his ass every year. Finally he failed as the once elite D crashed down. The defensive line that once was the best in the league had such players as: an old chris hovan, a shitty ryan simms, and no name ends. Gruden finally got canned and he left the franchise in the shitter. The new regime has already done what he hasn't: Drafted Defense (DT'S Mccoy/Price this year, Roy Miller last year) , a QB of the future in Freeman , and we give young talent a chance to play: linebackers Geno Hayes/Quincy Black are on there way to being stars in this league. They never would have seen the field with Gruden.

    Anyways, I used to think the same way as you. So I wanted to explain, now you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

    The thing that will always stay with me about Gruden is how he NEVER developed or tried to develop a QB. He sits on espn and hangs off every good qbs sack and talks about how good they are when he could have drafted them but passed, because he would rather try to get Jake Plummer out of retirement. Aaron Rodgers is just one of many he passed on, but now he talks about him as if he always knew he had talent. We needed a QB the year of rodgers and we passed on him. Remember how late Rodgers went in the first, yeah Gruden didn't think to much of him when he was a rookie. The only rookie QB Gruden ever liked was Brady Quinn, and we still didn't draft him. 😆

    Edit: I forgot two things:

    (1) You said before gruden got there the bucs did didley? Hmm Yeah all they did was create one of the best defenses of all time. Without that D Gruden does not win a superbowl.

    (2) I don't know if your calling me a fair weather fan, but I am as loyal as it gets, I never stop supporting my teams.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Formerly Stone said:

    That's a bit harsh don'tcha think?

    They do specialize in talking shit but that doesn't make them stupid! They are just frustrated and delusional, and slightly pissed off at life due to a couple of impactful things that are completely out of their control.

    1. They live in the most inept professional sports city in the world.

    2. There is less sunshine in and around Cleveland than any where else in the USA.

    Neither of these, of course are true. What we have had more than other cities perhaps are a lot of close calls on opportunities to win titles and hair tearing losses and events. You know all the names: shot, fumble, drive, red right, decision, blown save, etc. etc. I mean, look at San Diego, a larger town that has gone longer than C-town for a title. Vancouver hasn't had one since 1915.

    As for sunshine, I checked this out and Cleveland is pretty much average in the US. Not the best, but by no means the worst. Not different really than any other midwest/northeast city.

    These two things would make a normal person irrational, when you consider that there are third generation losers on this board you gotta cut them some slack wink.gif

    And what this does is make us the toughest hombres in the neighborhood.

    As usual Gipper, your "spin" on things is a little twisted. How many professional sports teams does Vancouver have?

    And your take on the sunshine is like everything else, as long as Cleveland isn't the indisputable worst, you lump them as average. Actually NE Ohio is one of, if not the worst, in the country for sunshine.....it's why the Ravenna Arsenal was built here.................look it up old man and give your latest spin drivel.

    Actually, you are the one that made the claim. I think it is up to you to prove it. Here is a link to all kinds of extremes. Except for the air quality we don't appear anywhere on the Top 10 of any extreme. I say that means we are pretty average.

    http://web2.airmail.net/danb1/usrecords.htm

  • @brownindian said:

    That is true, Monte Kiffins defense was very good. Too bad he is not with the Bucs anymore.

    The coach now Raheem Morris was a coach under monte for many years.

    This is why denver tryed to steal him last year, this is why he was made our head coach.

    We drafted 2 DTS with our first 2 picks, Raheem knows that for Montes D to work you need to be strong up the middle.

    ITHIKAI ITHIKA wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @thewickerman said:

    The coach now Raheem Morris was a coach under monte for many years.

    This is why denver tryed to steal him last year, this is why he was made our head coach.

    We drafted 2 DTS with our first 2 picks, Raheem knows that for Montes D to work you need to be strong up the middle.

    I agree with a lot of your posts but I don't see Raheem being the answer in Tampa and being a great head coach, great DC yes. I have a lot of friends in FL who are Bucs fans I lived there for a long time and none of them have any faith in Morris. However like you they like what they're GM has done and the way they are drafting now. I think they have even further along to go than the Browns do in rebuilding and establishing an identity. My other problem is with with Freeman he has the raw tools and athleticism but is he the next Jason Campbell or Donovan Mcnabb? I'd say Campbell is his ceiling.

    I will say you have the best pass catching TE in the NFL and you know that. I shed a tear when we let go of Winslow he is a complete bad ass and leaves it all on the field.

  • @thewickerman said:

    The coach now Raheem Morris was a coach under monte for many years.

    This is why denver tryed to steal him last year, this is why he was made our head coach.

    We drafted 2 DTS with our first 2 picks, Raheem knows that for Montes D to work you need to be strong up the middle.

    I agree with a lot of your posts but I don't see Raheem being the answer in Tampa and being a great head coach, great DC yes. I have a lot of friends in FL who are Bucs fans I lived there for a long time and none of them have any faith in Morris. However like you they like what they're GM has done and the way they are drafting now. I think they have even further along to go than the Browns do in rebuilding and establishing an identity. My other problem is with with Freeman he has the raw tools and athleticism but is he the next Jason Campbell or Donovan Mcnabb? I'd say Campbell is his ceiling.

    I will say you have the best pass catching TE in the NFL and you know that. I shed a tear when we let go of Winslow he is a complete bad ass and leaves it all on the field.

    B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @ithika said:

    I agree with a lot of your posts but I don't see Raheem being the answer in Tampa and being a great head coach, great DC yes. I have a lot of friends in FL who are Bucs fans I lived there for a long time and none of them have any faith in Morris. However like you they like what they're GM has done and the way they are drafting now. I think they have even further along to go than the Browns do in rebuilding and establishing an identity. My other problem is with with Freeman he has the raw tools and athleticism but is he the next Jason Campbell or Donovan Mcnabb? I'd say Campbell is his ceiling.

    I will say you have the best pass catching TE in the NFL and you know that. I shed a tear when we let go of Winslow he is a complete bad ass and leaves it all on the field.

    He is a liability in the run game and on borrowed time with his knees in the shape they are. We got rid of him at the right time as much as it sucked

  • @ithika said:

    I agree with a lot of your posts but I don't see Raheem being the answer in Tampa and being a great head coach, great DC yes. I have a lot of friends in FL who are Bucs fans I lived there for a long time and none of them have any faith in Morris. However like you they like what they're GM has done and the way they are drafting now. I think they have even further along to go than the Browns do in rebuilding and establishing an identity. My other problem is with with Freeman he has the raw tools and athleticism but is he the next Jason Campbell or Donovan Mcnabb? I'd say Campbell is his ceiling.

    I will say you have the best pass catching TE in the NFL and you know that. I shed a tear when we let go of Winslow he is a complete bad ass and leaves it all on the field.

    He is a liability in the run game and on borrowed time with his knees in the shape they are. We got rid of him at the right time as much as it sucked

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @blowe said:

    He is a liability in the run game and on borrowed time with his knees in the shape they are. We got rid of him at the right time as much as it sucked

    plus he was a head case, a cancer in the locker room and the anti-team guy. his knees were bad and he wanted a new contract that cleveland wasn't foolish to give him (unlike tampa bay). he's tampa bay's problem now. good riddance!

  • @thewickerman said:

    The coach now Raheem Morris was a coach under monte for many years.

    This is why denver tryed to steal him last year, this is why he was made our head coach.

    We drafted 2 DTS with our first 2 picks, Raheem knows that for Montes D to work you need to be strong up the middle.

    I agree with a lot of your posts but I don't see Raheem being the answer in Tampa and being a great head coach, great DC yes. I have a lot of friends in FL who are Bucs fans I lived there for a long time and none of them have any faith in Morris. However like you they like what they're GM has done and the way they are drafting now. I think they have even further along to go than the Browns do in rebuilding and establishing an identity. My other problem is with with Freeman he has the raw tools and athleticism but is he the next Jason Campbell or Donovan Mcnabb? I'd say Campbell is his ceiling.

    I will say you have the best pass catching TE in the NFL and you know that. I shed a tear when we let go of Winslow he is a complete bad ass and leaves it all on the field.

    T TheWickerMan wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @ithika said:

    I agree with a lot of your posts but I don't see Raheem being the answer in Tampa and being a great head coach, great DC yes. I have a lot of friends in FL who are Bucs fans I lived there for a long time and none of them have any faith in Morris. However like you they like what they're GM has done and the way they are drafting now. I think they have even further along to go than the Browns do in rebuilding and establishing an identity. My other problem is with with Freeman he has the raw tools and athleticism but is he the next Jason Campbell or Donovan Mcnabb? I'd say Campbell is his ceiling.

    I will say you have the best pass catching TE in the NFL and you know that. I shed a tear when we let go of Winslow he is a complete bad ass and leaves it all on the field.

    Raheem is converting alot of people now.

    Denver had alot to do with why Raheem is the head coach for the Bucs.

    Last year the Bucs fired Gruden, and the Broncos fired Shanahan. The Broncos interviewed Raheem Morris for a head coaching job. The Bucs had already lost Monte Kiffen to his son Lane. Raheem tutored under Monte for years, he proved to have potential as a eventual replacement for Monte. The Bucs did not want to lose another talented young coach: Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards. So they gave Raheem the reins earlier than expected. The Bucs than made a mistake by hiring Jim Bates at D coordinator. After half a season of Bates trying to shove square pegs into round holes, Raheem demoted him. Raheem took over the play calling and the defense instantly responded.

    The GM Mark Dominik has done a great job, the draft the last few years could bring the D back into shape. Talented young players now, that is always promising for the future of the defense. Raheem has got shit on for his bad PCs and mistakes on challenges. He looks more comfortable now, he has a role. He is the leader of the defense, and the players respect his knowledge of defense. Raheem has alot to prove still but he has this defense looking alot better. Considering what he started with, now 2 drafts in it looks like good times are ahead.

    About Freeman, it is way to earlier to tell. I can say his ceiling is much higher than Campbell, this guy is a gamer. He is 6'6 250 and hes got a rocket arm and is more accurate than people know. Last year he threw alot of picks, but he was thrown into the fire. Only time will tell if he is successful.

    Winslow is the man, and Freeman loves to throw it to him. The Bucs have suprisingly found some WR talent. Looking like the steal of the draft 4th Round pick Mike Williams has emerged as a starter. Look for Freeman to look for Winslow , Mike Williams, and Straughter for big plays down the field.

    About K2's knees, it looks like Raheem is being extra careful with him. Pretty much 0 preseason time for K2, and that's fine. We all know what the guy can do.

  • T TheWickerMan wrote on last edited by TheWickerMan
    #47

    @wrrebel said:

    Wickerman.. did gruden have sex with ur wife or something?

    Morris is terrible and was almost fired after year one and will be fired mid season..

    Winslow is a fun player to have on ur team. He will gets lots of catches in ur blow out losses...

    Looks like the homophobic troll is back.

    Funny you deleted your post that I responded to earlier. Classic pussy move, looks like your a bigger tool than I thought.

    If you had any brain power you could understand that Morris has some potential. The Bucs have pumped out young talented defensive coaches for years now.

    Examples: Mike Tomlin, Herm Edwards, Lovie Smith, Rod marinelli, ectttt.

    They did not want to lose Raheem to Denver, so they made him head coach.

    He was never almost fired, the Cowher rumors were pure bullshit. Cowher said it himself.

    It's going to be sweet justice if the "Raheem led" D puts a whooping on Delhomme and company.

    I appreciate how others have brought logic into this thread, all you have brought is gay slurs and truly atrocious smack talk.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Your an idiot for thinking I deleted it... it was removed by the moderators.

    I have no problem calli you what u are...

    Dude its really hard to even take you serious after ur first post... first off ur a tampa bay fan talkin smack on a browns board. Do you know how Retarded that sounds?

    Second u come on hear mentioning a cb who is not even a house hold name, unless of course ur a bucs fan..

    I do have admiration for gruden and I wish he was the browns head coach. I also wanted him to win back to back superbowls so he would go streaking like he told playboy. Does that make me gay?

  • Are u serious, gruden was great for the raiders.. he also took and won a super bowl for the bucs...

    Casual fan? Ur right I don't know every raven, steeler and bengal fan so u have me on that one..

    What I do is gruden was the best coach the bucs ever had.. also I know that if I wouldn't be waiving thw white flag if one cb was out. Its like ur making an excuse for them losing already...

    tampadawgsT tampadawgs wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @wrrebel said:

    Are u serious, gruden was great for the raiders.. he also took and won a super bowl for the bucs...

    Casual fan? Ur right I don't know every raven, steeler and bengal fan so u have me on that one..

    What I do is gruden was the best coach the bucs ever had.. also I know that if I wouldn't be waiving thw white flag if one cb was out. Its like ur making an excuse for them losing already...

    Sorry I live in Tampa, and know the Bucs pretty well and Gruden did destroy the team. He won a SuperBowl with Dungys team.....He can not coach young QBs what so ever, but he is great on MNF...

    That being said, there should be no reason we should lose this game, nobody really good on that team.......

    Browns win 27-10