Skip to content

Trade for Houshmanzadeh, possible?

The Browns Board
62 29 10.0k
  • D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...s-on-the-block/

    It reports that Seattle has put TJ houshmanzadeh on the block. Could this be the veteran presence the Browns need?? Time will tell.

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I would like this pickup only if the price is right. The guy is not bad but he is a tad bit overrated

  • D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    TJ contract with Seattle, I believe, is mostly incentive based.

  • I would like this pickup only if the price is right. The guy is not bad but he is a tad bit overrated

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @blowe said:

    I would like this pickup only if the price is right. The guy is not bad but he is a tad bit overrated

    The "price" I understand is 7 million dollars. Now, I usually hate to talk about player salaries because who really cares except their wives....but in this case that price would definite be an overreach as I see it.

  • @blowe said:

    I would like this pickup only if the price is right. The guy is not bad but he is a tad bit overrated

    The "price" I understand is 7 million dollars. Now, I usually hate to talk about player salaries because who really cares except their wives....but in this case that price would definite be an overreach as I see it.

    D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @the-gipper said:

    The "price" I understand is 7 million dollars. Now, I usually hate to talk about player salaries because who really cares except their wives....but in this case that price would definite be an overreach as I see it.

    7 mil for a good receiver, i'll take it...

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #6

    No, he's an overpaid diva who whines when he doesn't get the ball...

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #7

    Yeah why not get him we wouldnt want to wait and get a WR that can run the 40 faster than 4.8 and still catch the ball on this team..the cleveland browns have a legendary definition of what speed is, uhhh look at him go holy cow a blazing 4.6 and he almost caught the pass! hehehehe

  • B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Bring him in, he's pretty much exactly what this team needs.

  • L lambdo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Leave that little whiny diva on the market. Vincent Jackson on the other hand...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    why is everyone so bent on acquiring these guys that their team has no interest in anymore? let our receivers develop and leave this bum alone. what are you going to do when you see all the cuts, list another ten guys that we 'need'?

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #11

    What the heck.......WtH is 7 million in the grand scheme of things:: Consider:

    1. legit downfield threat willing to bang

    2. excellent hands

    3. experiemced as a go to guy with his all pro QB

    4. Knows what it take to win ball games

    5. Overall down to earth guy with minimal if any outside habits/influences

    6. Adds downfield breakaway threat to the needy Browns

    7. Let him pisss and moan all he wants as long as he is contributing

    What the hell is their to think about.... Sign him now and give him Robiskies parking spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • 4 4Browns wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Billionaire owner and an uncapped year. If mangini and holmgren think he could help then why the hell not?

  • P pizzadeliveryguy wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Trading for and over paying an overrated, aging #2 WR when there are younger players that have a chance to develop into nice players in a season where the playoffs seem out of reach may be the dumbest idea possible.

  • S Squintz wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I could give a shit less how much he gets paid if he can come in, produce and help the young WRs get better.

  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Two years ago I would have been all for this. Whos your momma took a ton of pressure off chad and all he did was catch passes for 1st downs. He was usually double covered when making them. But, I'm not sure he has that much left which is why seattle is trading him

  • Billionaire owner and an uncapped year. If mangini and holmgren think he could help then why the hell not?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @4browns said:

    Billionaire owner and an uncapped year. If mangini and holmgren think he could help then why the hell not?

    Because the guy's 33 years old, getting franchise money- which he's not worth- and Seattle's not going to give him away free. & help with what? Like maybe one more win, and take reps from Robo and Massaquoi?

    Veteran presence? We have Ingram, assuming he doesn't get cut- and he's probably playing for vet minimum.

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I'm sorry but Houshmanzadeh is NOT a "legitimate downfield threat". He's a possession receiver and that's about it. I don't think he really adds anything to the receiving corps. If we add a WR it needs to be someone with deep threat ability.

  • K killerb4 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I wouldnt mind us picking him up. look at it this way, if we have a good year and can potentially make a playoff push wouldnt it be nice to have a pretty good vet. reciever to help us out? we have ingram(thats if he survives the cut) but housh is a definate upgrade. i like our young wr's and would like to see them progress, but if we got a shot we need all the help we can get.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Guys first off as you know he was released.

    The second point though contract would be league mininum. Seatle has to pay the difference of what ever a team pays him to make his 7 mill dolla contract. So any team that picks him up will be league minium

  • D dawgpound3 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    mikeyP72 said:

    Especially if Robo is a dud and doesn't shape up. We can cut him, sign Housh, cut our losses and draft a better WR down the line. But MoMass, Housh, Stuckey, Cribbs and Engram would be viable.

    Browns may go after Michael Clayton, who just got released.