Skip to content

Hardesty

The Browns Board
67 35 8.6k
  • Well I don't really feel a sense of loss . We never really had him so.........................

    Maybe next year .

  • @orangebrown10 said:

    He was able to walk ok when he went back to the locker room, and didn't come back out. I hope they were just being cautious, and it wasn't anything too serious.

    I hope it wasn't serious but it is looking like this pick could have been a HUGE mistake for Mangini. Giving up those picks for a guy with a history of injury's. There were other backs out there that the Browns could have taken instead. I hope i'm wrong but I didn't like the pick then and I really am not liking it now. Glad we have Hillis!

    @browns57 said:

    I hope it wasn't serious but it is looking like this pick could have been a HUGE mistake for Mangini. Giving up those picks for a guy with a history of injury's. There were other backs out there that the Browns could have taken instead. I hope i'm wrong but I didn't like the pick then and I really am not liking it now. Glad we have Hillis!

    Why do we keep saying these draft picks were Mangini mistakes? This kid was picked by Heckert.

  • This is a huge blow to heckert, holgrem and mangini. This is a position we didn't really need to push the envelope. It comes at the worse time before the opener. That said we are still in good shape at rb for this year.

    This dude is done. Two major injuries to the same knee. He was an injury waiting to happen. I feel for the guy.

    His agent was quoted, "its a torn acl I hope it worse, but it doesn't look good"

    Ok what can be worse than a torn acl

  • This is a huge blow to heckert, holgrem and mangini. This is a position we didn't really need to push the envelope. It comes at the worse time before the opener. That said we are still in good shape at rb for this year.

    This dude is done. Two major injuries to the same knee. He was an injury waiting to happen. I feel for the guy.

    His agent was quoted, "its a torn acl I hope it worse, but it doesn't look good"

    Ok what can be worse than a torn acl

    @wrrebel said:

    This is a huge blow to heckert, holgrem and mangini. This is a position we didn't really need to push the envelope. It comes at the worse time before the opener. That said we are still in good shape at rb for this year.

    This dude is done. Two major injuries to the same knee. He was an injury waiting to happen. I feel for the guy.

    His agent was quoted, "its a torn acl I hope it worse, but it doesn't look good"

    Ok what can be worse than a torn acl

    If you look at that Packer DB and Daunte Culpepper as well as Willis McGahee... you'll see that if you tear more than just the ACL it is significantly worse and more difficult to recover completely from.

  • IF there is any positive, it is at least at a position where we have a LOT of depth and could give a kid like James Davis a chance to shine. Hardesty will sit on the shelf and hopefully be able to rehab and come back next year and show what he can do. A shame....but i wasn't counting on him being the stud running back of our team anyway.

    Does Chris Jennings make the club with this injury?

  • IF there is any positive, it is at least at a position where we have a LOT of depth and could give a kid like James Davis a chance to shine. Hardesty will sit on the shelf and hopefully be able to rehab and come back next year and show what he can do. A shame....but i wasn't counting on him being the stud running back of our team anyway.

    Does Chris Jennings make the club with this injury?

    @bag-o-browns said:

    IF there is any positive, it is at least at a position where we have a LOT of depth and could give a kid like James Davis a chance to shine. Hardesty will sit on the shelf and hopefully be able to rehab and come back next year and show what he can do. A shame....but i wasn't counting on him being the stud running back of our team anyway.

    Does Chris Jennings make the club with this injury?

    Unless Jennings produces well on Special Teams, why do we need him? Davis, Hillis, & Harrison work very well behind Vickers. We can save that extra spot that Hardesty would have taken up to give another WR or LB a shot.

  • Cut him. We don't need another Stallworth. I feel sorry for the kid, but he is obviously not going to cut it in the NFL.

  • Cut him. We don't need another Stallworth. I feel sorry for the kid, but he is obviously not going to cut it in the NFL.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Cut him. We don't need another Stallworth. I feel sorry for the kid, but he is obviously not going to cut it in the NFL.

    I don't believe you are allowed to cut an injured player unless they are signed as an undrafted free agent on a try-out basis.

  • did it look like an oh shit injury or just a fluke?

    @wrrebel said:

    did it look like an oh shit injury or just a fluke?

    I recorded the play while at the game, here's the video:

    Didn't look bad to me.

  • ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting via Twitter that Browns rookie RB Montario Hardesty(notes) has a torn ACL in his left knee and is out for the 2010 season.

    Hardesty, who had missed Cleveland's first three preseason games with a bone bruise in his right knee, carried seven times for 25 yards and a TD before suffering the injury.

    The Browns' second-round draft pick was expected to compete with Jerome Harrison(notes) for carries in the Cleveland backfield.

    Hardesty suffered a torn ACL in his right knee as a freshman at Tennessee in 2005 and endured other injuries during his Volunteers career, including a stress fracture in his left foot suffered in '08. Hardesty rushed for a career-high 1,345 yards as a senior in '09.

  • WTF !!

  • ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting via Twitter that Browns rookie RB Montario Hardesty(notes) has a torn ACL in his left knee and is out for the 2010 season.

    Hardesty, who had missed Cleveland's first three preseason games with a bone bruise in his right knee, carried seven times for 25 yards and a TD before suffering the injury.

    The Browns' second-round draft pick was expected to compete with Jerome Harrison(notes) for carries in the Cleveland backfield.

    Hardesty suffered a torn ACL in his right knee as a freshman at Tennessee in 2005 and endured other injuries during his Volunteers career, including a stress fracture in his left foot suffered in '08. Hardesty rushed for a career-high 1,345 yards as a senior in '09.

    @brownindian said:

    ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting via Twitter that Browns rookie RB Montario Hardesty(notes) has a torn ACL in his left knee and is out for the 2010 season.

    We are overdue for something good to happen for our Browns....wtf

  • ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting via Twitter that Browns rookie RB Montario Hardesty(notes) has a torn ACL in his left knee and is out for the 2010 season.

    Hardesty, who had missed Cleveland's first three preseason games with a bone bruise in his right knee, carried seven times for 25 yards and a TD before suffering the injury.

    The Browns' second-round draft pick was expected to compete with Jerome Harrison(notes) for carries in the Cleveland backfield.

    Hardesty suffered a torn ACL in his right knee as a freshman at Tennessee in 2005 and endured other injuries during his Volunteers career, including a stress fracture in his left foot suffered in '08. Hardesty rushed for a career-high 1,345 yards as a senior in '09.

    @brownindian said:

    ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting via Twitter that Browns rookie RB Montario Hardesty(notes) has a torn ACL in his left knee and is out for the 2010 season.

    Hardesty, who had missed Cleveland's first three preseason games with a bone bruise in his right knee, carried seven times for 25 yards and a TD before suffering the injury.

    The Browns' second-round draft pick was expected to compete with Jerome Harrison(notes) for carries in the Cleveland backfield.

    Hardesty suffered a torn ACL in his right knee as a freshman at Tennessee in 2005 and endured other injuries during his Volunteers career, including a stress fracture in his left foot suffered in '08. Hardesty rushed for a career-high 1,345 yards as a senior in '09.

    Why did it seem that this was almost inevitable? LeCharles Bentley all over again. Good thing we got Hillis and hopefully James Davis will be over his injury bugaboo.

    I guess that is why the say that NFL stands for "Not For Long".

  • OK, for any of you amateur physicians out there, here is the blog concerning Leftwich's injury:

    Leftwich likely out 4-6 weeks: Steelers QB Byron Leftwich has been diagnosed with a torn MCL, according to his management company. Leftwich, expected to start during Ben Roethlisberger's suspension, injured his left knee during the first half of Thursday's preseason finale against Carolina. Such an injury usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from.

    So, he has a torn MCL, and Hardesty has a torn ACL. Can anyone tell us why a torn MCL would only cause a guy to be out of action 4-6 weeks, but a torn ACL would cause one to be out for the entire year?

    (FYI, when I was 16 I suffered some kind of knee ligament tear requriring surgery. I don't know exactly what I tore. Doctors in those days didn't tell kids what they tore, just that the needed surgery. I have the zipper scar to prove it.)

  • Cut him. We don't need another Stallworth. I feel sorry for the kid, but he is obviously not going to cut it in the NFL.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Cut him. We don't need another Stallworth. I feel sorry for the kid, but he is obviously not going to cut it in the NFL.

    ACL in both knees- not good. However, you don't just cut a guy like Hardesty. He'll get his chance to rehab. Heckert knew he was rolling the injury dice when he drafted him. Unfortunately it looks like he rolled snake eyes. Instead of drafting a Thurman Thomas (who BTW also fell to the second round because of injury issues) looks like another KiJana Carter.

  • OK, for any of you amateur physicians out there, here is the blog concerning Leftwich's injury:

    Leftwich likely out 4-6 weeks: Steelers QB Byron Leftwich has been diagnosed with a torn MCL, according to his management company. Leftwich, expected to start during Ben Roethlisberger's suspension, injured his left knee during the first half of Thursday's preseason finale against Carolina. Such an injury usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from.

    So, he has a torn MCL, and Hardesty has a torn ACL. Can anyone tell us why a torn MCL would only cause a guy to be out of action 4-6 weeks, but a torn ACL would cause one to be out for the entire year?

    (FYI, when I was 16 I suffered some kind of knee ligament tear requriring surgery. I don't know exactly what I tore. Doctors in those days didn't tell kids what they tore, just that the needed surgery. I have the zipper scar to prove it.)

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, for any of you amateur physicians out there, here is the blog concerning Leftwich's injury:

    Leftwich likely out 4-6 weeks: Steelers QB Byron Leftwich has been diagnosed with a torn MCL, according to his management company. Leftwich, expected to start during Ben Roethlisberger's suspension, injured his left knee during the first half of Thursday's preseason finale against Carolina. Such an injury usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from.

    So, he has a torn MCL, and Hardesty has a torn ACL. Can anyone tell us why a torn MCL would only cause a guy to be out of action 4-6 weeks, but a torn ACL would cause one to be out for the entire year?

    (FYI, when I was 16 I suffered some kind of knee ligament tear requriring surgery. I don't know exactly what I tore. Doctors in those days didn't tell kids what they tore, just that the needed surgery. I have the zipper scar to prove it.)

    There are 3 ligaments in your knee. ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), PCL (posterior? cruciate lig) and MCL (medial cruc. lig.). ACL tears are hte worst of the 3. An MCL tear affects the smalles of the ligaments, and the one in the middle, so the other two can help compensate while it heals. ACL tears affect I believe the ligament on the outside of your knee and require a long recovery phase.

  • Zombo said:

    Thanks. At least I got to see him carry the ball once as a Brown...

    Zombo

    Haha sorry but that was funny

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Cut him. We don't need another Stallworth. I feel sorry for the kid, but he is obviously not going to cut it in the NFL.

    ACL in both knees- not good. However, you don't just cut a guy like Hardesty. He'll get his chance to rehab. Heckert knew he was rolling the injury dice when he drafted him. Unfortunately it looks like he rolled snake eyes. Instead of drafting a Thurman Thomas (who BTW also fell to the second round because of injury issues) looks like another KiJana Carter.

    @hoorta said:

    ACL in both knees- not good. However, you don't just cut a guy like Hardesty. He'll get his chance to rehab. Heckert knew he was rolling the injury dice when he drafted him. Unfortunately it looks like he rolled snake eyes. Instead of drafting a Thurman Thomas (who BTW also fell to the second round because of injury issues) looks like another KiJana Carter.

    I agree hoorta i seen enough of this kid in 7 plays to know if he can get healthy and stay healthy he will contribute in a massive way, if we lose on the next roll with hardesty oh well you win some and you lose some...i like heckerts gutzy calls on hardesty and ward its a risk vs reward scenario..

  • OK, for any of you amateur physicians out there, here is the blog concerning Leftwich's injury:

    Leftwich likely out 4-6 weeks: Steelers QB Byron Leftwich has been diagnosed with a torn MCL, according to his management company. Leftwich, expected to start during Ben Roethlisberger's suspension, injured his left knee during the first half of Thursday's preseason finale against Carolina. Such an injury usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from.

    So, he has a torn MCL, and Hardesty has a torn ACL. Can anyone tell us why a torn MCL would only cause a guy to be out of action 4-6 weeks, but a torn ACL would cause one to be out for the entire year?

    (FYI, when I was 16 I suffered some kind of knee ligament tear requriring surgery. I don't know exactly what I tore. Doctors in those days didn't tell kids what they tore, just that the needed surgery. I have the zipper scar to prove it.)

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, for any of you amateur physicians out there, here is the blog concerning Leftwich's injury:

    Leftwich likely out 4-6 weeks: Steelers QB Byron Leftwich has been diagnosed with a torn MCL, according to his management company. Leftwich, expected to start during Ben Roethlisberger's suspension, injured his left knee during the first half of Thursday's preseason finale against Carolina. Such an injury usually takes 4-6 weeks to recover from.

    So, he has a torn MCL, and Hardesty has a torn ACL. Can anyone tell us why a torn MCL would only cause a guy to be out of action 4-6 weeks, but a torn ACL would cause one to be out for the entire year?

    (FYI, when I was 16 I suffered some kind of knee ligament tear requriring surgery. I don't know exactly what I tore. Doctors in those days didn't tell kids what they tore, just that the needed surgery. I have the zipper scar to prove it.)

    The reason why an ACL tear is worse than a MCL tear is the ACL is an internal ligament- it basically gives you front-back stability in the knee, it usually completely blows out- all or none injury- and the surgery to repair it is a mess. (More on that later) Think of a MCL tear the same way you would an ankle sprain.

    For those who wonder why it takes so long to come back from a torn ACL I dug up this video. WARNINING- IF YOU'RE SQUEAMISH- I DON'T RECOMMEND IT- I WORKED IN A TRAUMA CENTER FOR YEARS, AND SOME OF IT HAD ME GRITTING MY TEETH.

  • Damn i cant believe hes gone for the season though he has these injury problems it made me wonder,but the little bit i did see i thought he looked like he could of been something speical now my only question his can he ever return to form or his is NFL career offically over will he ever hold up