Skip to content

Hardesty

The Browns Board
67 35 8.6k
  • Damn, I just logged on to find this stuff out! It sucks really bad, but RB is something we have depth in. Its actually finally nice for once that an actual starter didnt go down. We have what 2 or 3 guys out for the season, Hardesty and Haggerty, both looked good, but now we have to wait another year. It does suck we spent 2 or 3 picks on him, but if he was great then it was worth it. Cant really blame anyone here for the injury. Every team has them, some more than others -------> BROWNS, but once again we have a pretty healthy team to start the season for once, no QB contrversy, no Diva WR and Accidental deaths, it is looking good for us. I cant wait till next Sunday.

  • Bad pick? I don't think so.

    The entire draft is a crap shoot (Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, etc), so we took a risk on a back with fantastic upside. I was elated that we took the chance & who knows what next year may bring? All I can do is wish him well & hope he becomes as Blessed as the Cav's "Z" has been.

    Mike

  • Man, this is bad news, when I watched him walk off through the tunnel he seemed fine, I thought he would be back in weeks - shite. I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. At least davis showed some metal when Hardesty was getting Xrayed. Damn, come on, a healthy season makes such a difference, 2007 was mega healthy and we had DA! Damn.

  • Bad pick? I don't think so.

    The entire draft is a crap shoot (Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, etc), so we took a risk on a back with fantastic upside. I was elated that we took the chance & who knows what next year may bring? All I can do is wish him well & hope he becomes as Blessed as the Cav's "Z" has been.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Bad pick? I don't think so.

    The entire draft is a crap shoot (Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, etc), so we took a risk on a back with fantastic upside. I was elated that we took the chance & who knows what next year may bring? All I can do is wish him well & hope he becomes as Blessed as the Cav's "Z" has been.

    Mike

    I disagree. I was not pleased with the draft, especially our #1 and this move. As long as we continue to draft in this manner, we will not become that high performing team we desire. We could have drafted two top tier O or D linemen instead - which was more of a need. Time may prove me wrong, but I'm pissed right now about this injury and Steptoe cut, and probably our linebacker David Veikune probably in the next couple of days.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Bad pick? I don't think so.

    The entire draft is a crap shoot (Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, etc), so we took a risk on a back with fantastic upside. I was elated that we took the chance & who knows what next year may bring? All I can do is wish him well & hope he becomes as Blessed as the Cav's "Z" has been.

    Mike

    I disagree. I was not pleased with the draft, especially our #1 and this move. As long as we continue to draft in this manner, we will not become that high performing team we desire. We could have drafted two top tier O or D linemen instead - which was more of a need. Time may prove me wrong, but I'm pissed right now about this injury and Steptoe cut, and probably our linebacker David Veikune probably in the next couple of days.

    @frenchie said:

    I disagree. I was not pleased with the draft, especially our #1 and this move. As long as we continue to draft in this manner, we will not become that high performing team we desire. We could have drafted two top tier O or D linemen instead - which was more of a need. Time may prove me wrong, but I'm pissed right now about this injury and Steptoe cut, and probably our linebacker David Veikune probably in the next couple of days.

    This might be your opinion, but it's bullshit.

    We haven't drafted this well is a while.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Bad pick? I don't think so.

    The entire draft is a crap shoot (Leinart, Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, etc), so we took a risk on a back with fantastic upside. I was elated that we took the chance & who knows what next year may bring? All I can do is wish him well & hope he becomes as Blessed as the Cav's "Z" has been.

    Mike

    I disagree. I was not pleased with the draft, especially our #1 and this move. As long as we continue to draft in this manner, we will not become that high performing team we desire. We could have drafted two top tier O or D linemen instead - which was more of a need. Time may prove me wrong, but I'm pissed right now about this injury and Steptoe cut, and probably our linebacker David Veikune probably in the next couple of days.

    @frenchie said:

    I disagree. I was not pleased with the draft, especially our #1 and this move. As long as we continue to draft in this manner, we will not become that high performing team we desire. We could have drafted two top tier O or D linemen instead - which was more of a need. Time may prove me wrong, but I'm pissed right now about this injury and Steptoe cut, and probably our linebacker David Veikune probably in the next couple of days.

    I'll disagree with your assessment. Hardesty is an injury bust for this year true enough- but Hayden was definitely BPA. In case you didn't notice the two BPA DL- Suh & McCoy were off the board when the Browns drafted Hayden. And you don't take RT and RGs with the #8 pick. Ward's also an injury risk- how's he been doing so far? OL help? Lauvao hasn't looked too shabby in preseason.

    You're saying you're pissed that Steptoe got cut? Why? Because he can fair catch punts? Mad that Hayden can do as well or better in that department, and made Tippytoes expendable?

    Veikune has done exactly what so far? Now OTOH you want to b**ch that Savage couldn't draft worth a s**t, Well go right ahead.

  • I still like the pick. He was worth the gamble, and hopefully still is.

    Adrian Peterson was an injury prone prospect coming out and he's done all right. Obviously there's difference in talent, but the point remains.