Skip to content

CUTS

The Browns Board
85 33 14.7k
  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by ATENEARS
    #1

    CLEVELAND -- The Browns reduced their roster by seven today by placing rookie running back Montario Hardesty on injured reserve and waiving six players.

    Cut were: receiver Jake Allen, offensive lineman Casey Bender, defensive back Coye Francies, tight end Joel Gamble, offensive tackle Joel Reinders and receiver Syndric Steptoe.

    These moves leave the Browns with 15 more to make to get down to Saturday's 53-player limit.

  • listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I was hoping Man Mountain Reinders would make the team in some way...what happened to Francies (sp?)??

  • HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I couldn't believe Steptoe lasted as long as he did. I guess getting the number 10 shirt sealed it.

    Jake Allen must be replaying those drops in his sleep - I don't feel sorry for him more than I feel sorry for Ratliff's stats. Actually I thought ratliff looked better than I ever expected.

    As for having a player called Bender....

    and reinde(e)r

  • I was hoping Man Mountain Reinders would make the team in some way...what happened to Francies (sp?)??

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @listercat said:

    I was hoping Man Mountain Reinders would make the team in some way...what happened to Francies (sp?)??

    I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

    If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

  • @listercat said:

    I was hoping Man Mountain Reinders would make the team in some way...what happened to Francies (sp?)??

    I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

    If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

    E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @ballpeen said:

    I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

    If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

    My thoughts exactly.

  • @listercat said:

    I was hoping Man Mountain Reinders would make the team in some way...what happened to Francies (sp?)??

    I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

    If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

    P peterbell wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @ballpeen said:

    I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

    If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

    If someone claims Reindeers they have to put him on the active 53 man roster

    DOUBTFUL

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #7

    Steptoe had his chances. His fumble in the bears game got manjini's panties in a bind...

    just throwing it out there

  • S Squintz wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I really thought that kid Coye Francies had a chance but his heart never showed up.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Nothing shocking here, but with francies getting whacked this early it could be an indicator of the cuts to come...this kid will get snagged fast..hopefully we will snag some help ourselves..

  • @listercat said:

    I was hoping Man Mountain Reinders would make the team in some way...what happened to Francies (sp?)??

    I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

    If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ballpeen said:

    I wouldn't be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS.

    If you are trying to slip someone through, you might not want to wait for the final cuts.

    I'll be surprised if Reindeers makes the PS. As I posted in another thread- I watched him closely- and his footwork & technique is horrendous.

    He not only couldn't stay in front of a fellow third sting scrub DL, he couldn't lock him up either.

    I'll grant the guy is a project with a capital P, but IIRC, the guy's from Canada, and he may be destined to the CFL.

  • CLEVELAND -- The Browns reduced their roster by seven today by placing rookie running back Montario Hardesty on injured reserve and waiving six players.

    Cut were: receiver Jake Allen, offensive lineman Casey Bender, defensive back Coye Francies, tight end Joel Gamble, offensive tackle Joel Reinders and receiver Syndric Steptoe.

    These moves leave the Browns with 15 more to make to get down to Saturday's 53-player limit.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @neweradawg said:

    CLEVELAND -- The Browns reduced their roster by seven today by placing rookie running back Montario Hardesty on injured reserve and waiving six players.

    Cut were: receiver Jake Allen, offensive lineman Casey Bender, defensive back Coye Francies, tight end Joel Gamble, offensive tackle Joel Reinders and receiver Syndric Steptoe.

    These moves leave the Browns with 15 more to make to get down to Saturday's 53-player limit.

    Only mild surprise is Francis.

  • S steel88 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Brandon Mcdonald cut

    per his twitter: http://twitter.com/bmcdonald22

  • Brandon Mcdonald cut

    per his twitter: http://twitter.com/bmcdonald22

    T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Dawgfanforever88 said:

    Brandon Mcdonald cut

    per his twitter: http://twitter.com/bmcdonald22

    Where does this leave us on the CB depth chart? Brown will most definately be playing corner this year, not safety, I don't think we'd have a capable nickel back.

  • WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Myron rolle was cut by the titans, didn't some one on here want us to draft him?

    Dr,dr,dr,dr,dr,dr and dr

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #15

    With B-Mac being cut, means that Chancellor has a shot.

    I just read on OBR that CJ Mosely got cut.

  • NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Source: Browns cut C.J. Mosley

    The Cleveland Browns have released veteran defensive lineman C.J. Mosley, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

    Mosley broke his right ankle last season and had been rehabilitating the injury.

    Mosley appeared in 12 games with one start last season, recording 18 tackles.

  • K killerb4 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    wow didnt really expect b-mac to get the axe. i would think with the talent level of our D he woulda made it. he wasnt all that but i did think he was pretty ok imo. i hope they have something up their sleeves.

  • Brandon Mcdonald cut

    per his twitter: http://twitter.com/bmcdonald22

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Dawgfanforever88 said:

    Brandon Mcdonald cut

    per his twitter: http://twitter.com/bmcdonald22

    Wow thats very surprising to me, they couldn't atleast trade him for a late round pick?

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Ravens cut Troy Smith 😆

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #20

    Bmac caught me off guard a bit, while he isnt that good nor consistent he was still a bit better nickel back than adams...gotta make room for all those worn out old front 7 guys i guess...i see none of the sweating, huffing shuffling, whining about possibly being cut because they know they have lost a step old buffoons getting whacked yet..

    Job security is fantastic but only if its guys that can still do their jobs...