Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Dan LeFevour

Dan LeFevour

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
10 Posts 7 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • 7moses7 7 Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 1k Posts
    • 248 Reputation
    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    A lot of people wanted this guy.He's available for the practice squad.

    NewEraDawgN 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • 7 7moses7

      A lot of people wanted this guy.He's available for the practice squad.

      NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
      • 645 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @7moses7 said:

      A lot of people wanted this guy.He's available for the practice squad.

      We had the chance and passed . I don't see it happening .

      NewEraDawg
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 139 Reputation
        cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Its so funny how all the "Experts" picked Lefevour and Snead and Zach Robinson to be around 3-4 round picks and now they all are looking for jobs. I do admit I had a fever for the Lefevour, but I am not the GM.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
          • 645 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I saw him play some and have to admit I was unimpressed . Admittedly I am not an expert in pro player evaluation but I know what I like and he was not what makes my grade .

          NewEraDawg
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            LeFevour would have to impress anybody on the college level. But I believe McCoy is so much more an NFL caliber player.

            I do hope he catches on with some team's practice squad.

            TopDawg31T ATENEARSA 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • C calfoxwc

              LeFevour would have to impress anybody on the college level. But I believe McCoy is so much more an NFL caliber player.

              I do hope he catches on with some team's practice squad.

              TopDawg31 TopDawg31T Very Popular
              • 2k Posts
              • 167 Reputation
              TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @calfoxwc said:

              LeFevour would have to impress anybody on the college level. But I believe McCoy is so much more an NFL caliber player.

              I do hope he catches on with some team's practice squad.

              He did, the Bungles

              1 Reply Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • C calfoxwc

                LeFevour would have to impress anybody on the college level. But I believe McCoy is so much more an NFL caliber player.

                I do hope he catches on with some team's practice squad.

                ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
                • 4k Posts
                • 139 Reputation
                ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @calfoxwc said:

                LeFevour would have to impress anybody on the college level. But I believe McCoy is so much more an NFL caliber player.

                I do hope he catches on with some team's practice squad.

                Why do you say that?

                LeFevour will get picked up, and plucked from the Bears practice squad. I would give him serious consideration.

                TopDawg31T 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                  @calfoxwc said:

                  LeFevour would have to impress anybody on the college level. But I believe McCoy is so much more an NFL caliber player.

                  I do hope he catches on with some team's practice squad.

                  Why do you say that?

                  LeFevour will get picked up, and plucked from the Bears practice squad. I would give him serious consideration.

                  TopDawg31 TopDawg31T Very Popular
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 167 Reputation
                  TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @atenears said:

                  Why do you say that?

                  LeFevour will get picked up, and plucked from the Bears practice squad. I would give him serious consideration.

                  He's a Bengal, they signed him

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                    • 64k Posts
                    • 8k Reputation
                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Why do you say that?

                    LeFevour will get picked up, and plucked from the Bears practice squad. I would give him serious consideration. ATE

                    **************************************************

                    Well, from what I had read and observed, he doesn't have the arm strength, poor footwork, and Colt played far tougher competition, obviously,

                    and won more games against the top college teams in the country.

                    I admire Lefeavour, he just needs a few years. I'm glad he was picked up. He is one terrific athlete.

                    Colt is just far more ready for the NFL... to me. Here's a couple of blurbs regarding the two:

                    *******************************************************

                    4/10 Update: LeFevour surprised--and disappointed--many by not throwing to moving targets at the

                    NFL Combine in February. He waited until his pro day in late March to do that. While his accuracy has not been

                    much of an issue, his arm strength was a little

                    disappointing while throwing to his comfortable receivers in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.

                    He could have boosted his stock with a good showing and maybe moved into

                    the second round. That probably did not happen and LeFevour is likely a third rounder.

                    McCoy finally threw for NFL teams and proved that his injury suffered in the BCS National Championship game is in the past.

                    By most accounts, McCoy did a great job with his footwork and accuracy and had as much arm strength as anybody expected.

                    Even with an average pro day, McCoy would likely have gone in the second round just because he is the third or fourth best

                    quarterback in this class, but this should easily put him in the second round and possibly very early in the second round.

                    http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/nfl_d...n_LeFevour/1328

                    Cons: Marginal arm strength. Has over the top delivery, however it takes him a long time to wind up for it. Operates

                    out of spread attack, and takes very few snaps under center, which could hurt his integration into a pro style offense.

                    The quality of competition in the MAC, especially defensively lends him to have some inflated stats, even though

                    he has looked ok in some spots against bcs conference competition. His breakout season in 2007 has taken a toll on him,

                    as he has missed two games with injury, and his rushing totals has decreased, especially in effectiveness, where he

                    has ran for only 3.5 yards a carry as opposed to 6.0 a year ago.

                    Overall: Overall, LeFevour is not ready to enter the NFL at all and if he were to apply for early entry might not even

                    get a sniff at a free agent camp. He would be foolish to enter the 2009 draft as a junior, and it appears that case

                    would be a longshot. With an additional year of seasoning he can further hone his passing skills and learn to

                    work his progressions a bit more. LeFevour's athleticsm could lead to a potential position change upon

                    entry into the NFL, as a H-Back/Tight End prospect, nonetheless, he should be better come 2010.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • BrownIndian BrownIndianB
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 39 Reputation
                      BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      LeFevour has good height and arm strength. And he did good for CMU. Can that translate to NFL success ? I dont know yet, But I sure can see him as being a decent pick for back up.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate