Skip to content

Players added after final cuts

The Browns Board
36 21 6.4k
  • CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

    Who'd we cut to get him?

  • CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

    I can't find any info on this pick up or anyone elses pick ups today. What's your source?

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

    I can't find any info on this pick up or anyone elses pick ups today. What's your source?

    @topdawg31 said:

    I can't find any info on this pick up or anyone elses pick ups today. What's your source?

    Yeah, it's like the press has taken the day off. I want some news.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I can't find any info on this pick up or anyone elses pick ups today. What's your source?

    Yeah, it's like the press has taken the day off. I want some news.

    @professor_g said:

    Yeah, it's like the press has taken the day off. I want some news.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Butler

  • CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

    both daryl ruiter of wknr and nate ulrich of the abj have tweeted that heckert has said this isn't true. abe elam tweeted this info, but heckert is denying it.

  • #Browns GM Tom Heckert said team has not picked up CB Quincy Butler, despite Abram Elam's message on Twitter earlier today. #NFL 5 minutes ago reply

    RuiterWrong‎: Heckert denies Abe Elams tweet they got CB Quincy Butler - "that was erroneous"

    Twitter - 490

    8 minutes ago

  • Lol Retards.

  • Exactly why do people take these players 'TWEETS' so seriously? Why is this shit aired out in public anyhow? Wouldn't these guys have a 'personal' Twitter account to socialize with best buds (aka: trusted friends & family) AND a 'professional' one to say the right things, promote themselfs, and use as a positive media outlet?

    I don't know any corporate executives using their professional company public forums to air out personal laundry.

    Elam's thing ain't that bad or personal, but I just cringe with every article arriving from some players twitter account. Could you imagine a high ranking official in your place of business having to release a statement to the media to counter your freaking 'Tweet'?

    sticky gay. STFU, play football and get your name mentioned on Sundays.

  • Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

  • Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

    I figured Asante would either be kept around or we would hear he was a real space cadet in the class room. Rough NFL ride for DeAngelo, poor guys been on a yoyo for two years.

  • Asante isnt to far from catching elam, he just needs more experience positioning himself..he is more aggressive ,he hits harder,pursues and tackles better doesnt look much faster though not a good looking FS prospect imo...

  • Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the knock on Asante that he not necessarily took plays off from laziness, but took plays off mentally and could be caught in La-La land?

    The guy can lay a hit, but also draws a share of penalties for his hits (which I don't mind if it sends a message to opposing WR's).

  • Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

  • I read somewhere that he's been claimed by Miami.

    I hope that's not the case.

  • Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    @cambridgeho said:

    Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    nfl transaction report he is in Miami

  • Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    @cambridgeho said:

    Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    He took his game to South Beach!

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    He took his game to South Beach!

    @7moses7 said:

    He took his game to South Beach!

    Bastardo!!!!!!

  • I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

  • I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

    @the-hawg said:

    I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

    Please tell me you mean Brandon Stokely.

  • Id like to see us pick up Dre Bly. At one time he was shutdown corner. playing him as the nickel would be awesome. Who knows if he wants to sign here though and be depth..