Skip to content

Players added after final cuts

The Browns Board
36 21 6.4k
  • Exactly why do people take these players 'TWEETS' so seriously? Why is this shit aired out in public anyhow? Wouldn't these guys have a 'personal' Twitter account to socialize with best buds (aka: trusted friends & family) AND a 'professional' one to say the right things, promote themselfs, and use as a positive media outlet?

    I don't know any corporate executives using their professional company public forums to air out personal laundry.

    Elam's thing ain't that bad or personal, but I just cringe with every article arriving from some players twitter account. Could you imagine a high ranking official in your place of business having to release a statement to the media to counter your freaking 'Tweet'?

    sticky gay. STFU, play football and get your name mentioned on Sundays.

  • Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

  • Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

    I figured Asante would either be kept around or we would hear he was a real space cadet in the class room. Rough NFL ride for DeAngelo, poor guys been on a yoyo for two years.

  • Asante isnt to far from catching elam, he just needs more experience positioning himself..he is more aggressive ,he hits harder,pursues and tackles better doesnt look much faster though not a good looking FS prospect imo...

  • Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the knock on Asante that he not necessarily took plays off from laziness, but took plays off mentally and could be caught in La-La land?

    The guy can lay a hit, but also draws a share of penalties for his hits (which I don't mind if it sends a message to opposing WR's).

  • Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

  • I read somewhere that he's been claimed by Miami.

    I hope that's not the case.

  • Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    @cambridgeho said:

    Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    nfl transaction report he is in Miami

  • Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    @cambridgeho said:

    Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    He took his game to South Beach!

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

    He took his game to South Beach!

    @7moses7 said:

    He took his game to South Beach!

    Bastardo!!!!!!

  • I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

  • I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

    @the-hawg said:

    I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

    Please tell me you mean Brandon Stokely.

  • Id like to see us pick up Dre Bly. At one time he was shutdown corner. playing him as the nickel would be awesome. Who knows if he wants to sign here though and be depth..

  • @the-hawg said:

    I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

    Please tell me you mean Brandon Stokely.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Please tell me you mean Brandon Stokely.

    If he did mean Stokely... wasn't he just put on IR?

  • What do you guys think of S Jordan Babineaux. He was a starter for a while and was good.

  • Jordan Norwood could be signed, he's in Cleveland. We signed him last year as a UDFA, but he was let go to get to 53.

  • Browns added RB Andre Anderson to practice squad, after being cut by the Bills.

    College highlights

  • Thats a headscratcher. Why would we add another RB to the roster?? If we wanted to add a rb to the roster I would have thought we would go after Andre Brown who was dropped by NYG.

  • Asante isnt to far from catching elam, he just needs more experience positioning himself..he is more aggressive ,he hits harder,pursues and tackles better doesnt look much faster though not a good looking FS prospect imo...

    @gips said:

    Asante isnt to far from catching elam, he just needs more experience positioning himself..he is more aggressive ,he hits harder,pursues and tackles better doesnt look much faster though not a good looking FS prospect imo...
    i agree Gips, like Abe he's a better SS prospect...which is why TJ was drafted lol.

    hopefully his move to PS is just the natural progression of young guys learning the pro game. once it slows down for him and his instincts speed up his reactions, i predict he'll quickly put Elam on the bench>>waaaaaaaay higher ceiling too.

    Abe is decent, more of a back-up imo tho. we need to improve there so i'm counting on Asante.

  • Browns added RB Andre Anderson to practice squad, after being cut by the Bills.

    College highlights

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Browns added RB Andre Anderson to practice squad, after being cut by the Bills.

    College highlights

    The injury-riddled Denver Broncos were awarded running back Andre Brown(notes) of the New York Giants and offensive lineman Chris Clark(notes) of the Minnesota Vikings off waivers on Sunday.

    From : http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncosmoves