Browns @ Bucs 9-12-2010
-
He's looked extremely accurate during preseason completing around 80% of his passes. I think in Carolina they concentrated on being a vertical offense and getting the ball to Steve Smith. In Cleveland were running shorter timing routes and spreading the ball around.
-
takes two to tango philo
-
Interesting. It all depends on the QB's. Factor in the heat index will be 100+ and Jake Delhomme is really an awful NFL QB, and Freeman has supposedly looked great. I think the Browns will be lucky to win, and only if Cribbs can score on ST. Tampa had one of the best ST units last year. Realistically, the Browns are looking at a loss to start the year and will have an instant QB controversy. Delhomme is garbage.
Browns= 17
Bucs= 24
Take it to the bank.
-
THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE A JOKE FOR BUCS. THE BROWNS SUCK GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS Stop drinking your brown koolaid!! U guys think Delhomme is the next bernie kosar LOL. BUCS WIN!!! AND WIN EASILY BEATING UR PATHETIC USE OF A FOOTBALL TEAM!!! 70- 0 BUCS !!!!! Kellen Winslow scores 3 touchdowns, Caddilac get 2, and our defense is going to shut you down!!!! Big game by STYLEZ G WHITE~!!!! GO BUCS!!
-
THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE A JOKE FOR BUCS. THE BROWNS SUCK GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS Stop drinking your brown koolaid!! U guys think Delhomme is the next bernie kosar LOL. BUCS WIN!!! AND WIN EASILY BEATING UR PATHETIC USE OF A FOOTBALL TEAM!!! 70- 0 BUCS !!!!! Kellen Winslow scores 3 touchdowns, Caddilac get 2, and our defense is going to shut you down!!!! Big game by STYLEZ G WHITE~!!!! GO BUCS!!
THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE A JOKE FOR BUCS. THE BROWNS SUCK GET THAT IN YOUR HEADS Stop drinking your brown koolaid!! U guys think Delhomme is the next bernie kosar LOL. BUCS WIN!!! AND WIN EASILY BEATING UR PATHETIC USE OF A FOOTBALL TEAM!!! 70- 0 BUCS !!!!! Kellen Winslow scores 3 touchdowns, Caddilac get 2, and our defense is going to shut you down!!!! Big game by STYLEZ G WHITE~!!!! GO BUCS!!
Make sure you Brownie fans get that protein in... You just got curled

-
Because it seems a little rediculous. Since when did the Browns become a powerhouse? At least tell us why they are going to dominate this game.
The Browns aren't a powerhouse but they are above Tampa Bay.
The Browns aren't a powerhouse but they are above Tampa Bay.
Ok then. I guess you see the future. Remember... both teams have ZERO total yards this season.
It's OUR board, and we can predict whatever we want to.
lo!l Is it your party too? Are you gonna cry if you want to? Come on bro. Really?
Metcalf_FTW said:
Is this a joke? Browns all the way. Tampa blows.So your 5-11 record last year makes you guys good? Remember, like I said before. The season hasn't started yet.
Im gonna say Browns 31 - Bucs 17
Im gonna say the browns offense is going to be pleasantly surprising. I see the browns getting a good balancing attack going that Tampa will not be able to stop. I see the Bucs offense running it fast and often with some success. Because of injuries to the Bucs I the browns pulling away in the second half.
Thank you for the prediction with out the kool-aid. Just so you know.. the Bucs, knock on wood, have had ZERO significant injuries this summer and all starters are full go for week 1 minus Talibs' one game suspension.
I'm basing this on the fact that when our offensive starters were in during the pre-season they seemed to click. I'm basing this on the fact that Tampa Bay has no QB, no real weapon but Winslow (who you got from us) and a D that isn't even close to being what Tampa Bay has had in the past.
You're probably some lame ass Stooler fan trying to stir up shit or some Tampa Bay fan who thinks his team is actually good. Either way I am a Browns fan and I'm picking my team because I feel they are the better team. We will find out on Sunday.
I guess you don't read much about any team other than the Browns, huh? Much improved roster from the 3-13 season. No, I'm not a Stooler fan. No, I don't think we are actually good. I am, however, optimistic.
Browns 42
Bucs 3
Delhomme dominates. Hillis runs for 200 plus yards.
I love Hillis, but 200 yards? You know we drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, right?
Browns 35
Tampa Bay 17
Freeman has a Broken thumb or something on his throwing had, do they even know if he's playing yet? Aqib Talib isn't playing, Delhomme's gonna have a field day, the NFL was kind enough to give us a warm up game.

Can't wait for Sunday!
-
The Browns aren't a powerhouse but they are above Tampa Bay.
Ok then. I guess you see the future. Remember... both teams have ZERO total yards this season.
It's OUR board, and we can predict whatever we want to.
lo!l Is it your party too? Are you gonna cry if you want to? Come on bro. Really?
Metcalf_FTW said:
Is this a joke? Browns all the way. Tampa blows.So your 5-11 record last year makes you guys good? Remember, like I said before. The season hasn't started yet.
Im gonna say Browns 31 - Bucs 17
Im gonna say the browns offense is going to be pleasantly surprising. I see the browns getting a good balancing attack going that Tampa will not be able to stop. I see the Bucs offense running it fast and often with some success. Because of injuries to the Bucs I the browns pulling away in the second half.
Thank you for the prediction with out the kool-aid. Just so you know.. the Bucs, knock on wood, have had ZERO significant injuries this summer and all starters are full go for week 1 minus Talibs' one game suspension.
I'm basing this on the fact that when our offensive starters were in during the pre-season they seemed to click. I'm basing this on the fact that Tampa Bay has no QB, no real weapon but Winslow (who you got from us) and a D that isn't even close to being what Tampa Bay has had in the past.
You're probably some lame ass Stooler fan trying to stir up shit or some Tampa Bay fan who thinks his team is actually good. Either way I am a Browns fan and I'm picking my team because I feel they are the better team. We will find out on Sunday.
I guess you don't read much about any team other than the Browns, huh? Much improved roster from the 3-13 season. No, I'm not a Stooler fan. No, I don't think we are actually good. I am, however, optimistic.
Browns 42
Bucs 3
Delhomme dominates. Hillis runs for 200 plus yards.
I love Hillis, but 200 yards? You know we drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, right?
Browns 35
Tampa Bay 17
Freeman has a Broken thumb or something on his throwing had, do they even know if he's playing yet? Aqib Talib isn't playing, Delhomme's gonna have a field day, the NFL was kind enough to give us a warm up game.

Can't wait for Sunday!
Ok then. I guess you see the future. Remember... both teams have ZERO total yards this season.
lo!l Is it your party too? Are you gonna cry if you want to? Come on bro. Really?
So your 5-11 record last year makes you guys good? Remember, like I said before. The season hasn't started yet.
Thank you for the prediction with out the kool-aid. Just so you know.. the Bucs, knock on wood, have had ZERO significant injuries this summer and all starters are full go for week 1 minus Talibs' one game suspension.
I guess you don't read much about any team other than the Browns, huh? Much improved roster from the 3-13 season. No, I'm not a Stooler fan. No, I don't think we are actually good. I am, however, optimistic.
I love Hillis, but 200 yards? You know we drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, right?
Can't wait for Sunday!
Just curious, whats this say about your fans.
Per Tampabay.com
TAMPA — Bucs fans who don't have a ticket to Sunday's game against the Browns won't be able to find it on the television.
Team officials think the regular-season opener at Raymond James Stadium will be blacked out locally, based on the slow pace of ticket sales.
NFL teams have until 1 p.m. Thursday — 72 hours before kickoff — to sell out the game or it cannot air within a 75-mile radius of the primary television market.
News that the game will be dark is hardly a surprise. Both of the Bucs' home preseason games were blacked out. The Bucs had an announced crowd of 41,386 against the Chiefs and 42,640 against the Jaguars, but actual attendance was closer to 30,000. That means about half of the 65,000 seats were empty.
The Bucs' blacked-out opener might be the exception for Week 1. The Jaguars host the Broncos on Sunday, and with the return of former Florida QB Tim Tebow, they are confident the game will be sold out in time to avoid a blackout. Oakland is at Tennessee, and Detroit is at Chicago.
Because of a season-ticket base around 40,000, the Bucs have only two home games that look like possible sellouts: vs. the Steelers on Sept. 26 and the Saints on Oct. 17. But Steelers and Saints fans are likely driving ticket sales in those games.
Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.
-
Ok then. I guess you see the future. Remember... both teams have ZERO total yards this season.
lo!l Is it your party too? Are you gonna cry if you want to? Come on bro. Really?
So your 5-11 record last year makes you guys good? Remember, like I said before. The season hasn't started yet.
Thank you for the prediction with out the kool-aid. Just so you know.. the Bucs, knock on wood, have had ZERO significant injuries this summer and all starters are full go for week 1 minus Talibs' one game suspension.
I guess you don't read much about any team other than the Browns, huh? Much improved roster from the 3-13 season. No, I'm not a Stooler fan. No, I don't think we are actually good. I am, however, optimistic.
I love Hillis, but 200 yards? You know we drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, right?
Can't wait for Sunday!
Just curious, whats this say about your fans.
Per Tampabay.com
TAMPA — Bucs fans who don't have a ticket to Sunday's game against the Browns won't be able to find it on the television.
Team officials think the regular-season opener at Raymond James Stadium will be blacked out locally, based on the slow pace of ticket sales.
NFL teams have until 1 p.m. Thursday — 72 hours before kickoff — to sell out the game or it cannot air within a 75-mile radius of the primary television market.
News that the game will be dark is hardly a surprise. Both of the Bucs' home preseason games were blacked out. The Bucs had an announced crowd of 41,386 against the Chiefs and 42,640 against the Jaguars, but actual attendance was closer to 30,000. That means about half of the 65,000 seats were empty.
The Bucs' blacked-out opener might be the exception for Week 1. The Jaguars host the Broncos on Sunday, and with the return of former Florida QB Tim Tebow, they are confident the game will be sold out in time to avoid a blackout. Oakland is at Tennessee, and Detroit is at Chicago.
Because of a season-ticket base around 40,000, the Bucs have only two home games that look like possible sellouts: vs. the Steelers on Sept. 26 and the Saints on Oct. 17. But Steelers and Saints fans are likely driving ticket sales in those games.
Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.
Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.
Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!
EDIT:
P.S. You suck at quoting.
-
Browns 38
Bucs 10
-
Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.
Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!
EDIT:
P.S. You suck at quoting.
Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!
EDIT:
P.S. You suck at quoting.
You Suck at Life my friend, you will not be at the game, you will be watching it on espn.com. I also know you wouldn't last a second in the dawg pound.
P.S.
Make sure you come back around here after the game and talk some more shit, I bet you don't. ALso Have fun picking ahead of us in the draft once again.
-
-
Nobody gives a xxxx what you think.
And you're still a damn Retarded mouth breather. Delhomme can't throw a accurate ball to save his life and as a result Steve Smith 100% or not suffered. Everyone on the Panthers offense immediately improves with him gone. He'll be thrown under the Cleveland bus soon enough.
Homotron said:
And you're still a damn Retarded mouth breather. Delhomme can't throw a accurate ball to save his life and as a result Steve Smith 100% or not suffered. Everyone on the Panthers offense immediately improves with him gone. He'll be thrown under the Cleveland bus soon enough.Panthers immediately improved???
:lol:
Did you bother to check Carolina's preseason stats before you spilled that bilge? ZERO passing TDs. Highest completion %- 52.6. Best passer rating- 58.4. Panther's preseason statsOTOH, Jake had a 79% completion rate, and 110 qb rating.
-
Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!
EDIT:
P.S. You suck at quoting.
You Suck at Life my friend, you will not be at the game, you will be watching it on espn.com. I also know you wouldn't last a second in the dawg pound.
P.S.
Make sure you come back around here after the game and talk some more shit, I bet you don't. ALso Have fun picking ahead of us in the draft once again.
You Suck at Life my friend, you will not be at the game, you will be watching it on espn.com. I also know you wouldn't last a second in the dawg pound.
P.S.
Make sure you come back around here after the game and talk some more shit, I bet you don't. ALso Have fun picking ahead of us in the draft once again.
I'll tell you what, Muffin... I'll take a picture of the scoreboard at the end of the game and post it here. Mmmmkay? I wouldn't last a second in the dawg pound? I've lasted 3 hours at the Vet before it was imploded. You guys can't hold a candle to Eagles fans.
Pick ahead of you once again?
Let's go back to 2002 to present
2002
Bucs 15-4 Superbowl Champions
Browns 9-7
2003
Bucs 7-9
Browns 5-11
2004
Bucs 4-12
Browns 5-11
2005
Bucs 11-5 NFC South Champions
Browns 6-10
2006
Bucs 4-12
Browns 4-12 (I think you won the coin toss.)
2007
Bucs 9-7 NFC South Champions
Browns 10-6
2008
Bucs 9-7
Browns 4-12
2009
Bucs 3-13
Browns 5-11
Now how many winning seasons have you had in the past 8 years???? 2!!
You picked ahead of us 5 times. Still wanna use that as an argument? I wasn't even here to talk shit. You Browns fans can't handle another fans opinion. I am here to discuss football.
And for further smack
Head to Head Matchups (Since 2001)Tampa Bay leads 2-0
Dec 24, 2006 CLE 7, @TAM 22
Oct 13, 2002 CLE 3, TAM 17
-
Homotron said:
And you're still a damn Retarded mouth breather. Delhomme can't throw a accurate ball to save his life and as a result Steve Smith 100% or not suffered. Everyone on the Panthers offense immediately improves with him gone. He'll be thrown under the Cleveland bus soon enough.Panthers immediately improved???
:lol:
Did you bother to check Carolina's preseason stats before you spilled that bilge? ZERO passing TDs. Highest completion %- 52.6. Best passer rating- 58.4. Panther's preseason statsOTOH, Jake had a 79% completion rate, and 110 qb rating.
Panthers immediately improved???
:lol:
Did you bother to check Carolina's preseason stats before you spilled that bilge? ZERO passing TDs. Highest completion %- 52.6. Best passer rating- 58.4. Panther's preseason stats
OTOH, Jake had a 79% completion rate, and 110 qb rating.
lol.... It's funny because we as Buc fans payed attention to Delhomme while he was in Carolina.
It's only a matter of time before you fine folks of Cleveland are calling for Colt McCoy.
Delhomme WILL implode... and the dude was right. Delhomme held his offense back. Matt Moore came in last year and impressed. If you watched any of the Panthers preseason games, you know their receivers suck.
Even after we beat you on Sunday and I come here to serve some crow for a couple hours... I'll prob revisit this board around November or so just to see how you guys are liking Delhomme. Can't wait to see the uproar... if he's even still the starter come November. My guess is he gets benched.
The Bicep delivers the facts again.

-
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Based on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
-
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Based on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Base on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?
Wow.
You get a bicep bro

-
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Base on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?
Wow.
You get a bicep bro

BucsNBiceps said:
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?Wow.
You get a bicep bro
Hye 'Tard, in case you didn't notice, the guys a Broncos fan. I'm only keeping your sorry ass around because it's going to be so much fun to kick it out the door come 4:30 Sunday.
-
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Base on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?
Wow.
You get a bicep bro

BucsNBiceps said:
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?Wow.
You get a bicep bro

LOL. Yep, the Excel Spreadsheet Method removes stupidity and home-boy bias from my picks against the spread.
My theory is "Less is More". I look at 4 data points only: 1st downs by rushing, passing, and penalty, and average total yards. I award fractional points for each 1st down category, heavily skewed to rushing 1st downs. When a team falls behind, they start passing like mad and typically give up on the run. Hence, lots of 1st downs rushing = lots of points = lots of wins.
Then, if a team has a crapload of total yards, I scale up the total score accordingly.
The system is less accurate in the early weeks of a new season, but it usually becomes ridiculously accurate in the 2nd half of the season.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login