Browns @ Bucs 9-12-2010
-
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Based on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Base on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?
Wow.
You get a bicep bro

-
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Base on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?
Wow.
You get a bicep bro

BucsNBiceps said:
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?Wow.
You get a bicep bro
Hye 'Tard, in case you didn't notice, the guys a Broncos fan. I'm only keeping your sorry ass around because it's going to be so much fun to kick it out the door come 4:30 Sunday.
-
I have an Excel spreadsheet I use to predict final scores against the spread. Base on *last year's* stats, my spreadsheets predicts a final score of:
TB: 15.5
CLE: 14.7
I round down from 0.5, so that translates to a 15-15 tie!
This means that I'd pick the underdog in this game and take the points.
Either way, it'll be a close game (maybe 14-14 with an overtime period).
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?
Wow.
You get a bicep bro

BucsNBiceps said:
A prediction that doesn't include irrational homerism and blatant stupidity?Wow.
You get a bicep bro

LOL. Yep, the Excel Spreadsheet Method removes stupidity and home-boy bias from my picks against the spread.
My theory is "Less is More". I look at 4 data points only: 1st downs by rushing, passing, and penalty, and average total yards. I award fractional points for each 1st down category, heavily skewed to rushing 1st downs. When a team falls behind, they start passing like mad and typically give up on the run. Hence, lots of 1st downs rushing = lots of points = lots of wins.
Then, if a team has a crapload of total yards, I scale up the total score accordingly.
The system is less accurate in the early weeks of a new season, but it usually becomes ridiculously accurate in the 2nd half of the season.
-
Let's see what you guys think about this match up.
Bucs 17
Browns 13
Going to be a lot of mistakes in this first game. I see a turnover or 2 from each team and tons of penalties. It's all going to come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes. I take the Bucs at home on this one.
What say you?


Let's see what you guys think about this match up.
One thing about the game it will be close. I'm feeling a score of 24-21 Browns. When we beat the Bucks it's not like we're going to have alot to brag about. ("Oh wow we beat a team with a 3-13 record last year Woo-hoo!) The biggest laugh is their little Troll comming in on our board to talk her smack HA. HA.Bucs 17
Browns 13
Going to be a lot of mistakes in this first game. I see a turnover or 2 from each team and tons of penalties. It's all going to come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes. I take the Bucs at home on this one.
What say you?


-
Let's see what you guys think about this match up.
One thing about the game it will be close. I'm feeling a score of 24-21 Browns. When we beat the Bucks it's not like we're going to have alot to brag about. ("Oh wow we beat a team with a 3-13 record last year Woo-hoo!) The biggest laugh is their little Troll comming in on our board to talk her smack HA. HA.Bucs 17
Browns 13
Going to be a lot of mistakes in this first game. I see a turnover or 2 from each team and tons of penalties. It's all going to come down to the team who makes the fewest mistakes. I take the Bucs at home on this one.
What say you?


One thing about the game it will be close. I'm feeling a score of 24-21 Browns. When we beat the Bucks it's not like we're going to have alot to brag about. ("Oh wow we beat a team with a 3-13 record last year Woo-hoo!) The biggest laugh is their little Troll comming in on our board to talk her smack HA. HA.
Yeah, your impressive 5-11 is so much better. For the record... I wasn't initially talking smack. Just trying to talk football. You know my prediction. See you on Sunday after the game, win or lose.
-
lo!l Is it your party too? Are you gonna cry if you want to? Come on bro. Really?
So your 5-11 record last year makes you guys good? Remember, like I said before. The season hasn't started yet.
Thank you for the prediction with out the kool-aid. Just so you know.. the Bucs, knock on wood, have had ZERO significant injuries this summer and all starters are full go for week 1 minus Talibs' one game suspension.
I guess you don't read much about any team other than the Browns, huh? Much improved roster from the 3-13 season. No, I'm not a Stooler fan. No, I don't think we are actually good. I am, however, optimistic.
I love Hillis, but 200 yards? You know we drafted Gerald McCoy and Brian Price, right?
Can't wait for Sunday!
Just curious, whats this say about your fans.
Per Tampabay.com
TAMPA — Bucs fans who don't have a ticket to Sunday's game against the Browns won't be able to find it on the television.
Team officials think the regular-season opener at Raymond James Stadium will be blacked out locally, based on the slow pace of ticket sales.
NFL teams have until 1 p.m. Thursday — 72 hours before kickoff — to sell out the game or it cannot air within a 75-mile radius of the primary television market.
News that the game will be dark is hardly a surprise. Both of the Bucs' home preseason games were blacked out. The Bucs had an announced crowd of 41,386 against the Chiefs and 42,640 against the Jaguars, but actual attendance was closer to 30,000. That means about half of the 65,000 seats were empty.
The Bucs' blacked-out opener might be the exception for Week 1. The Jaguars host the Broncos on Sunday, and with the return of former Florida QB Tim Tebow, they are confident the game will be sold out in time to avoid a blackout. Oakland is at Tennessee, and Detroit is at Chicago.
Because of a season-ticket base around 40,000, the Bucs have only two home games that look like possible sellouts: vs. the Steelers on Sept. 26 and the Saints on Oct. 17. But Steelers and Saints fans are likely driving ticket sales in those games.
Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.
I predict that nearly 50% of the fans in attendance at that game will be Browns fans. From the cheering you won't be able to hardly tell who the home team is.
-
Must be nice to know your fans spend most of thier time on the Browns board rather then buying tickets to the game.
Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!
EDIT:
P.S. You suck at quoting.
Is that your smack? I'll be at the game. And btw, if we are blacked out, It will be the first reg season home game in almost 15 years. Didn't you guys LOSE your franchise not too long ago? That's what I thought. Watch out for those beer bottles in the dawg pound! WOOF WOOF!
EDIT:
P.S. You suck at quoting.
The answer to your question is NO, the Browns franchise never went anywhere. It is the same franchise that began in 1946. It just went on sabbatical for 3 years.
You don't like the right answer to a question...don't ask the question.
-
One thing about the game it will be close. I'm feeling a score of 24-21 Browns. When we beat the Bucks it's not like we're going to have alot to brag about. ("Oh wow we beat a team with a 3-13 record last year Woo-hoo!) The biggest laugh is their little Troll comming in on our board to talk her smack HA. HA.
Yeah, your impressive 5-11 is so much better. For the record... I wasn't initially talking smack. Just trying to talk football. You know my prediction. See you on Sunday after the game, win or lose.
Yeah, your impressive 5-11 is so much better. For the record... I wasn't initially talking smack. Just trying to talk football. You know my prediction. See you on Sunday after the game, win or lose.
I think most people would rather not deal with trolls (smack-talkers) win or lose.
This will be an interesting game to see if either team has improved on either side of the ball.
If TB hasn't stepped up their run defense they will get rolled on. Without Talib they will be pretty weak on one side of the field - luckily for TB our WRs aren't much of a threat.
If the Bucs can stop the run they will have a huge advantage. If not, it will be a big Cleveland win.
-
Look guys, next April it is highly probable that the following statement will be read by one Mr. Roger Goodell:
"With the First Overall selection of the 2011 NFL draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select......._____________"
Nearly every publication I have looked at has the Bucs at the very end of the power rankings:
Fox: 30
ESPN: 30
USA Today: 32
etc. etc.
Actually, if the Bucs are to win a game this year it may have to be against the Browns, who are ranked from about 25th to 29th in these same polls, for what they are worth.
-
Look guys, next April it is highly probable that the following statement will be read by one Mr. Roger Goodell:
"With the First Overall selection of the 2011 NFL draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select......._____________"
Nearly every publication I have looked at has the Bucs at the very end of the power rankings:
Fox: 30
ESPN: 30
USA Today: 32
etc. etc.
Actually, if the Bucs are to win a game this year it may have to be against the Browns, who are ranked from about 25th to 29th in these same polls, for what they are worth.
Actually, if the Bucs are to win a game this year it may have to be against the Browns, who are ranked from about 25th to 29th in these same polls, for what they are worth.
Seems to me that both teams would be better with new coaches.
Granted that would ONCE AGAIN set the Browns back into a pattern of finding a new coach every 2 years.
I personally think Holmgren is setting up to offer Gruden the Head Coach position next year if Mangini doesn't get results (I think it is Playoffs or out for Mangini...).
-
Actually, if the Bucs are to win a game this year it may have to be against the Browns, who are ranked from about 25th to 29th in these same polls, for what they are worth.
Seems to me that both teams would be better with new coaches.
Granted that would ONCE AGAIN set the Browns back into a pattern of finding a new coach every 2 years.
I personally think Holmgren is setting up to offer Gruden the Head Coach position next year if Mangini doesn't get results (I think it is Playoffs or out for Mangini...).
Seems to me that both teams would be better with new coaches.
Granted that would ONCE AGAIN set the Browns back into a pattern of finding a new coach every 2 years.
I personally think Holmgren is setting up to offer Gruden the Head Coach position next year if Mangini doesn't get results (I think it is Playoffs or out for Mangini...).
Well, if the Browns play under Mangini the way they played the last 4 games of last year I don't think we will need to be worrying about a new coach. And, no, I don't agree that it is playoffs or out for Mangini. That would be foolish.
If they go 1-11 and are getting beat by 30 points a game like the first part of last year, yea. But I don't think for a moment that is going to happen. As long as the Browns are competitive, Mangini will stick around.
-
Seems to me that both teams would be better with new coaches.
Granted that would ONCE AGAIN set the Browns back into a pattern of finding a new coach every 2 years.
I personally think Holmgren is setting up to offer Gruden the Head Coach position next year if Mangini doesn't get results (I think it is Playoffs or out for Mangini...).
Well, if the Browns play under Mangini the way they played the last 4 games of last year I don't think we will need to be worrying about a new coach. And, no, I don't agree that it is playoffs or out for Mangini. That would be foolish.
If they go 1-11 and are getting beat by 30 points a game like the first part of last year, yea. But I don't think for a moment that is going to happen. As long as the Browns are competitive, Mangini will stick around.
Well, if the Browns play under Mangini the way they played the last 4 games of last year I don't think we will need to be worrying about a new coach. And, no, I don't agree that it is playoffs or out for Mangini. That would be foolish.
If they go 1-11 and are getting beat by 30 points a game like the first part of last year, yea. But I don't think for a moment that is going to happen. As long as the Browns are competitive, Mangini will stick around
.So do you think record won't matter at all? I guess losing 10 or 12 games by and average of 5-7 points would be competitive, but I don't think it would be ideal. I really hope Mangini is the coach of the future simply because if he is it will mean the Browns will be a .500 + team.
IMO he will be replaced after this season or coach the next 5-6.
-
Browns 34-13
-
Today is the day ladies and gentlemen! Let's see how this turns out. Unlike many of you... I will be here, in this thread, when I get back from the game WIN or LOSE... Will YOU?



-
Yes we will be here The Browns are Going to RUN THE BALL Down The Bucs Throte Period No way the Bucs stop the Run Bet the Farm on that Make sure you get the Biggest towel to wipe your Tears GO BROWNS.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login