Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. 9/11

9/11

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
16 Posts 12 Posters 2.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 100 Reputation
    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Today is the nine year anniversary of September 11th and the cowardly attacks on the World Trade Center. Thousands of innocent Americans lost their lives that day as well as 343 brave firefighters and over 100 cops. God bless these brave men and women and their families. God bless the brave men and women who fight for our freedom today in two separate wars. Thanks to the cops and firefighters out there as well as all of you who have fought in the past for this country or will serve in the future. It is because of all you that we are able to enjoy things like football. You are all heroes.

    once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
    A 1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife

      Today is the nine year anniversary of September 11th and the cowardly attacks on the World Trade Center. Thousands of innocent Americans lost their lives that day as well as 343 brave firefighters and over 100 cops. God bless these brave men and women and their families. God bless the brave men and women who fight for our freedom today in two separate wars. Thanks to the cops and firefighters out there as well as all of you who have fought in the past for this country or will serve in the future. It is because of all you that we are able to enjoy things like football. You are all heroes.

      AMERICAN MUSCLE A
      • 32 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      A AMERICAN MUSCLE wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @clevelandfanforlife said:

      Today is the nine year anniversary of September 11th and the cowardly attacks on the World Trade Center. Thousands of innocent Americans lost their lives that day as well as 343 brave firefighters and over 100 cops. God bless these brave men and women and their families. God bless the brave men and women who fight for our freedom today in two separate wars. Thanks to the cops and firefighters out there as well as all of you who have fought in the past for this country or will serve in the future. It is because of all you that we are able to enjoy things like football. You are all heroes.

      Classy post.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • MudratDetector M
        • 389 Posts
        • 1 Reputation
        M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
        #3

        i was in my trigonometry class when it happened. the school secretary was going around to each of the classrooms letting people know what had just happened. we didn't have any class the rest of the day because they couldn't pry students and teachers away from the TV.

        ClevelandFanForLifeC 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • M MudratDetector

          i was in my trigonometry class when it happened. the school secretary was going around to each of the classrooms letting people know what had just happened. we didn't have any class the rest of the day because they couldn't pry students and teachers away from the TV.

          ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 100 Reputation
          ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @mudratdetector said:

          i was in my trigonometry class when it happened. the school secretary was going around to each of the classrooms letting people know what had just happened. we didn't have any class the rest of the day because they couldn't pry students and teachers away from the TV.

          I was in freshman math class and a kid cam in and said that a plane hit one ofthe towers. I remember I immediately thought: how ie that possible? What idiot pilot would hit it. Then a few minute later another one hit and I knew something was wrong. That whole day just sucked and I will never forget that feeling when I saw the video.

          once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 390 Reputation
            CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I don't remember much but after a 3RD GRADE day at school one of me and my friends' older friends telling us what happened and that we wouldn't be able to see any plans in the sky.

            Off topic but has anyone seen the documentary "Loose Change: 911"?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 100 Reputation
              ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
              #6

              mikeyP72 said:

              My english teacher junior year of HS had a knock at the door. Then he came in and had a disturbed look on his face. He sat there and put his head in his hands and said: "attention class... There have been some very tragic events that have taken place this morning" .... We all knew something HAD happened but we were too busy grab assing to really know what was going on. Then what he said next I'll never forget.... "Our lives, YOUR lives are never going to be the same again." I didn't realize what he meant by that at the time, but the reaction and sense of patriotism I felt in the following days after those attacks are definately why I joined the Navy and why I will continue to servce my country in one form or another once I separate next year.

              God Bless America. (or Allah, Buddah, or whoever you want to bless it)

              Thank you for your service. Its because of people like you that we still have our freedoms.

              once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • listercat listercatL
                • 588 Posts
                • 6 Reputation
                listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by listercat
                #7

                I was at the office working when the reports began to come in via my desk radio; completely stunned as all Hell began to break loose across our nation.

                For some reason I was in an instant on the phone calling all of my family; especially Lister Jr. school (he was in third grade at the time) to make sure all were safe. The drive up High St from downtown to his school was nothing short of eerie. I recall in that drive listening to the radio becoming very angry; find it simply stunning that this country has seemingly lost that collective drive to rid the world of the vermin that perpetuated this event.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • listercat listercatL
                  • 588 Posts
                  • 6 Reputation
                  listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  mikeyP72 said:

                  I don't think people have lost the drive, they've lost the faith in the decision makers executing that drive.

                  Interesting; sad

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • MudratDetector M
                    • 389 Posts
                    • 1 Reputation
                    M MudratDetector wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    you can never rid the world of terrorists. it's a sad reality.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Vagitron VagitronV Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 301 Reputation
                      VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      mikeyP72 said:

                      I don't think people have lost the drive, they've lost the faith in the decision makers executing that drive.

                      lol

                      I'm not going to make this a political thread but seeing what we had to endure the 8 years prior it's no wonder people disassociate themselves with politics all together. I lost faith in America when "W" served a second term. Let me guess you're a Tea Party member but you REALLY ONLY care about fiscal responsibility and "restoring honor" ? lol

                      Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

                      Anyway RIP to all those that lost their life on 9/11 and may those that lost their loved ones remain strong for their families on this tragic anniversary.

                      AKA SNATCH98 or Rorbotron. The boards glorious admins decided to get cute and change my name to "homotron" Classy group of people. (Lost a bet with Columbus king and got banned for a month)
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • alporcini alporciniA Posting Machine Very Popular Conversation Starter Dedicated Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 481 Posts
                        • 161 Reputation
                        alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        was shooting a film in Italy on that day when we got the word... never felt such a sense of global solidarity in the days following... took over 11 days to get back to the States.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • WRREBEL WRREBELW
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 87 Reputation
                          WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          It really feels like yesterday. I think the whole country really was united. I remember going into work and hearing about it on cnn. Being from new york it really hit me in the gut. Waking up everyday until I was 18 and being able to see the towers across the hudson something I would never see again. Friends and family back there you feel a sense of being helpless. Luckily everyone I knew would turn out ok.

                          I remember when the browns played corey fuller running on the field with tthe american flag. I have always loved being a american but after that day I have a whole new apreciation

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • playerjdd P
                            • 360 Posts
                            • 1 Reputation
                            P playerjdd wrote on last edited by playerjdd
                            #13

                            God Bless America. I am just glad there has been no major incidents since this one. I still get chills when they replay the planes crashing into the WTC. It is one of those things we will never leave us. We have gotten over it but we will never forget.

                            BrownsBacker85B 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • next2nothing next2nothingN Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 693 Posts
                              • 9 Reputation
                              next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I was in 7th grade when 9/11 happened. It is something I will never forget and one of the reasons why I will be enlisting in the Marine Corps when I graduate college next spring.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              ❤
                              Quote Reply
                              • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                • 28k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                It's good that people remember what happened that day. Americans have a tendency to forget. I watched the rebroadcast of the today show that was broadcast on 9/11/01 yesterday. It shows how we got caught totally unprepared. I'm an old timer compared to most of you, and to me it seems like it was last week. Never forget.

                                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                ❤
                                Quote Reply
                                • P playerjdd

                                  God Bless America. I am just glad there has been no major incidents since this one. I still get chills when they replay the planes crashing into the WTC. It is one of those things we will never leave us. We have gotten over it but we will never forget.

                                  BrownsBacker85 BrownsBacker85B
                                  • 120 Posts
                                  • 1 Reputation
                                  BrownsBacker85B BrownsBacker85 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @playerjdd said:

                                  God Bless America. I am just glad there has been no major incidents since this one. I still get chills when they replay the planes crashing into the WTC. It is one of those things we will never leave us. We have gotten over it but we will never forget.

                                  Oh but there has. The biggest one of them all...this 9 year war in Iraq. I myself joined the Marine Corps following 911. I am proud to have served but I will tell you this...We are not over there to just "fight terrorism". We as the general public do not even know half of the truth to our nations actions. We are all entitled to our own opinion and this is mine after 4 years of service to uncle sam.

                                  Over 7,000 Americans dead in Iraq(military, contractors, journalists)

                                  Over 32,000 Americans wounded(myself included)

                                  R.I.P. brothers.

                                  OOORAH

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  Reply
                                  • Reply as topic
                                  Log in to reply
                                  • Oldest to Newest
                                  • Newest to Oldest
                                  • Most Votes


                                  Theme
                                  • System
                                  • Light
                                  • Dark
                                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  0
                                  • Forums
                                  • Recent
                                  • Popular
                                  • Users
                                  • Donate