Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. UGLY!

UGLY!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
23 Posts 15 Posters 3.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
    • 4k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #1

    What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

    I'm sorry folks, but this was a terribly played & coached game.

    Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

    We should have won this game, but literally INVENTED ways to lose it.

    I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

    Mike

    IN DORSEY I TRUST
    K D BoneD 2 Replies Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

      What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

      I'm sorry folks, but this was a terribly played & coached game.

      Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

      We should have won this game, but literally INVENTED ways to lose it.

      I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

      Mike

      kbndawg K
      • 402 Posts
      • 16 Reputation
      K kbndawg wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @canton-mike said:

      What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

      I'm sorry folks, but this was a terribly played & coached game.

      Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

      We should have won this game, but literally INVENTED ways to lose it.

      I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

      Mike

      I am pissed to the max after this game but did we really expect anything more? Typically Browns..........

      The Italian DawgPoundT 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Gips GipsG
        • 3k Posts
        • 34 Reputation
        GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Agree completely, im utterly disgusted to the point i cancelled my sunday ticket and sold my cincy game tickets...welcome to daboll ball part 2 ...no thanks i will not support this coach or his ignorant minions..im still a browns fan but an inactive one until the club puts a real and likable coaching staff in place...

        We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
        S 1 Reply Last reply
        ❤
        Quote Reply
        • WRREBEL WRREBELW
          • 2k Posts
          • 87 Reputation
          WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I'm sick to my stomach, mangini will be fired before the end of the year...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • BrownB499 BrownB499B
            • 571 Posts
            • 32 Reputation
            BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Insult to injury....

            Pissburgh just won in OT

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • WRREBEL WRREBELW
              • 2k Posts
              • 87 Reputation
              WRREBELW WRREBEL wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Its like brian dabol called this game drunk. I want to punch someone. Really, we can't beat the bucs. Were heading towards the number 1 pick

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • miktoxic miktoxicM
                • 13k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                #7

                what happened to the OL? couldn't open a hole big enough for a squirrel to run through, daboll sucks and delhomme looks like he did last year. the team looked undisciplined in their play and under-conditioned and lethargic. mangini isn't the problem but he needs to replace daboll and get back to be a hard-nosed prick.

                1 Reply Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

                  What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

                  I'm sorry folks, but this was a terribly played & coached game.

                  Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

                  We should have won this game, but literally INVENTED ways to lose it.

                  I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

                  Mike

                  D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 8k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @canton-mike said:

                  What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

                  I'm sorry folks, but this was a terribly played & coached game.

                  Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

                  We should have won this game, but literally INVENTED ways to lose it.

                  I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

                  Mike

                  Saved me time, by not having to type the exact same thing..........Thanks!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • GipsG Gips

                    Agree completely, im utterly disgusted to the point i cancelled my sunday ticket and sold my cincy game tickets...welcome to daboll ball part 2 ...no thanks i will not support this coach or his ignorant minions..im still a browns fan but an inactive one until the club puts a real and likable coaching staff in place...

                    SJ_Browns S
                    • 1k Posts
                    • 12 Reputation
                    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @gips said:

                    Agree completely, im utterly disgusted to the point i cancelled my sunday ticket and sold my cincy game tickets...welcome to daboll ball part 2 ...no thanks i will not support this coach or his ignorant minions

                    daboll calls plays like a lil bitch.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    ❤
                    Quote Reply
                    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                      • 64k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      When JD got hurt, wasn't it his right foot? The foot he plants and throws off with?

                      As in, why the heyl didn't they just put Seneca in to keep the defense honest? Why?

                      Why leave JD in there? ?????

                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                      ❤
                      Quote Reply
                      • C calfoxwc

                        When JD got hurt, wasn't it his right foot? The foot he plants and throws off with?

                        As in, why the heyl didn't they just put Seneca in to keep the defense honest? Why?

                        Why leave JD in there? ?????

                        SJ_Browns S
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 12 Reputation
                        S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by SJ_Browns
                        #11

                        @calfoxwc said:

                        When JD got hurt, wasn't it his right foot? The foot he plants and throws off with?

                        As in, why the heyl didn't they just put Seneca in to keep the defense honest? Why?

                        Why leave JD in there? ?????

                        cal, they shouldn't have even been in that position. you don't take your foot off of the gas on offense just because your up by a couple tds early in the first half. we got blitzed heavily because daboll suddenly became allergic to passes over 5 yds. and the bucs knew we weren't passing any more.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        ❤
                        Quote Reply
                        • miktoxic miktoxicM
                          • 13k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
                          #12

                          tressell makes daboll look conservative

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 6k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I think you mean that Daboll makes Tressell look like a risk taker. By comparison...Tressell is running the run and shoot compared to the conservative offense that we ran in the 2nd half.

                            S 1 Reply Last reply
                            ❤
                            Quote Reply
                            • K kbndawg

                              @canton-mike said:

                              What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

                              I'm sorry folks, but this was a terribly played & coached game.

                              Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

                              We should have won this game, but literally INVENTED ways to lose it.

                              I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

                              Mike

                              I am pissed to the max after this game but did we really expect anything more? Typically Browns..........

                              The Italian DawgPound The Italian DawgPoundT
                              • 478 Posts
                              • 18 Reputation
                              The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @kbndawg said:

                              I am pissed to the max after this game but did we really expect anything more? Typically Browns..........

                              Before the game I expected to win. At the half I thought we were going to win.

                              I just can't figure out how we could throw that game in the toilet.

                              Poor playcalling? Poor execution?

                              Does it still matter?

                              Every season starts the same. This one is not different from anything we have seen so far.

                              All the way from Torino to Cleveland: GO BROWNS!!!!!!!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Mark OM Mark O

                                I think you mean that Daboll makes Tressell look like a risk taker. By comparison...Tressell is running the run and shoot compared to the conservative offense that we ran in the 2nd half.

                                SJ_Browns S
                                • 1k Posts
                                • 12 Reputation
                                S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mark-o said:

                                I think you mean that Daboll makes Tressell look like a risk taker. By comparison...Tressell is running the run and shoot compared to the conservative offense that we ran in the 2nd half.

                                2nd half? more like 2nd q, 3rd q and damn near the entire 4th q.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • miktoxic miktoxicM
                                  • 13k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
                                  #16

                                  let's just hope everyone in the organization realize they F'd up royally and need to play a lot better. just because you do a couple of good things in the pre-season and you're all smiles doesn't mean any team on any sunday can't beat you. you've got to be intense for the whole 60 mins, make proper adjustments at halftime and have the coaches get into a player's grill if they make a mistake, veteran or rookie.

                                  Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
                                  ❤
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • bonedawg B
                                    • 847 Posts
                                    • 26 Reputation
                                    B bonedawg wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    We contributed more to the Bucs winning the game than the Bucs did. With the exception of the one long pass play we gave up, our D played well given the circumstances. After that terrible falling down pick Jake threw and his mystery injury, the spirit of the offense just died. It wasn't helped by the pass pass run, playcalling by Daboll after we got the lead. Here is a quick summary of the reactions of the 150+ Browns fans I watched the game with in Chicago...

                                    1. Wow we are looking good, Jake is making some sketchy throws but they are working.

                                    2. Hillis is a beast but why are we featuring him instead of Harrison?

                                    3. Uh oh, turnovers.

                                    4. Oh man, the Bucs can't do anything. I hope we don't give the game away.

                                    5. We aren't doing anything on offense. This can't continue if we want to win

                                    6. TURNOVERS! We are going to give the game away!

                                    7. Bad field position, We gave the game away!

                                    8. It's 4th down, we have to go for it, CALL A TIMEOUT!!!!

                                    9. Lose game, hang head and brace for a long season.

                                    B 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • 1 more season 1 more season1
                                      • 659 Posts
                                      • 30 Reputation
                                      1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Wow I almost started to get positive about this season. Today brought me back to reality. Sure it's just one game but also another in a long line of losing.

                                      The bucs were one of the few teams worse than the browns last year and ranked lower than the browns this year and they couldn't even beat them.

                                      When's the draft??

                                      Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • B bonedawg

                                        We contributed more to the Bucs winning the game than the Bucs did. With the exception of the one long pass play we gave up, our D played well given the circumstances. After that terrible falling down pick Jake threw and his mystery injury, the spirit of the offense just died. It wasn't helped by the pass pass run, playcalling by Daboll after we got the lead. Here is a quick summary of the reactions of the 150+ Browns fans I watched the game with in Chicago...

                                        1. Wow we are looking good, Jake is making some sketchy throws but they are working.

                                        2. Hillis is a beast but why are we featuring him instead of Harrison?

                                        3. Uh oh, turnovers.

                                        4. Oh man, the Bucs can't do anything. I hope we don't give the game away.

                                        5. We aren't doing anything on offense. This can't continue if we want to win

                                        6. TURNOVERS! We are going to give the game away!

                                        7. Bad field position, We gave the game away!

                                        8. It's 4th down, we have to go for it, CALL A TIMEOUT!!!!

                                        9. Lose game, hang head and brace for a long season.

                                        Bucky Biceps B
                                        • 155 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        B Bucky Biceps wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @bonedawg said:

                                        We contributed more to the Bucs winning the game than the Bucs did. With the exception of the one long pass play we gave up, our D played well given the circumstances. After that terrible falling down pick Jake threw and his mystery injury, the spirit of the offense just died. It wasn't helped by the pass pass run, playcalling by Daboll after we got the lead. Here is a quick summary of the reactions of the 150+ Browns fans I watched the game with in Chicago...

                                        1. Wow we are looking good, Jake is making some sketchy throws but they are working.

                                        2. Hillis is a beast but why are we featuring him instead of Harrison?

                                        3. Uh oh, turnovers.

                                        4. Oh man, the Bucs can't do anything. I hope we don't give the game away.

                                        5. We aren't doing anything on offense. This can't continue if we want to win

                                        6. TURNOVERS! We are going to give the game away!

                                        7. Bad field position, We gave the game away!

                                        8. It's 4th down, we have to go for it, CALL A TIMEOUT!!!!

                                        9. Lose game, hang head and brace for the wrath of BucsnBiceps

                                        Fixed it for ya

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • miktoxicM miktoxic

                                          let's just hope everyone in the organization realize they F'd up royally and need to play a lot better. just because you do a couple of good things in the pre-season and you're all smiles doesn't mean any team on any sunday can't beat you. you've got to be intense for the whole 60 mins, make proper adjustments at halftime and have the coaches get into a player's grill if they make a mistake, veteran or rookie.

                                          Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                                          • 4k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @miktoxic said:

                                          let's just hope everyone in the organization realize they F'd up royally and need to play a lot better. just because you do a couple of good things in the pre-season and you're all smiles doesn't mean any team on any sunday can't beat you. you've got to be intense for the whole 60 mins, make proper adjustments at halftime and have the coaches get into a player's grill if they make a mistake, veteran or rookie.

                                          Exactly! As soon as Jake hit the sideline, a Coach should have had him by the facemask after that idiotic throw & interception late in the 1st half. We could have demoralized them with even a field goal on that drive. When he threw that ball (when he should have eaten it) & it was picked off, I felt we just had given the game away. I think it was the key play of the game.

                                          Give Tampa Bay credit....When they saw Jake limping, they threw the kitchen sink at him. We, on the other hand, knew Freeman had a broken thumb & couldn't put much zip on the ball, but we failed to put consistent pressure on him.

                                          Our players can certainly PLAY better, & I hope to God our Coaches can COACH better. If not, we're in trouble.

                                          Mike

                                          IN DORSEY I TRUST
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate