Skip to content

Good luck Seneca!

The Browns Board
32 21 3.7k
  • Holmgren picked Jake too, so......

    WSS

  • Holmgren picked Jake too, so......

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Holmgren picked Jake too, so......

    WSS

    were screwed

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And, like always, after one game everyone is screaming for the backup.

    You people disgust me.

    I don't think anyone is calling for Wallace. Right now it's looking like he's going to start. All we are doing is wishing him luck and hoping he can be better than Delhomme. Some people will always be calling for the backup, but I believe most are just hoping Seneca can come in and light it up.

    Read the title, Good luck Seneca! Not, we want Seneca.

    calm-down.jpg

    @usfbrown said:

    I don't think anyone is calling for Wallace. Right now it's looking like he's going to start. All we are doing is wishing him luck and hoping he can be better than Delhomme. Some people will always be calling for the backup, but I believe most are just hoping Seneca can come in and light it up.

    Read the title, Good luck Seneca! Not, we want Seneca.

    calm-down.jpg

    I'm not talking about in this thread necessarily, I'm just talking overall. It gets tiring every season seeing "We want (insert backup flavor of the week), or Bring in (so and so).

    Don't get me wrong, I was calling for DA's head with the best of 'em, but this is a different situation.

    And I wrote that comment before I checked the news, I didn't realize Jakeycakes was in a walking boot.

  • mangini is supposed to give the media an update on jake and let them know what his mri results were after todays practice.

  • It is tiring every year so is losing. Hopefully soon the qb position will be solid some way some how.

    I still think the Brown would have beat the steeler's in the playoffs if Holcomb played the whole game instead of couch.

  • It is tiring every year so is losing. Hopefully soon the qb position will be solid some way some how.

    I still think the Brown would have beat the steeler's in the playoffs if Holcomb played the whole game instead of couch.

    @1-more-season said:

    It is tiring every year so is losing. Hopefully soon the qb position will be solid some way some how.

    I still think the Brown would have beat the steeler's in the playoffs if Holcomb played the whole game instead of couch.

    It's not going to be solid if we keep wanting to switch to the backup. And I agree about the game. We could have won that game.

  • @1-more-season said:

    It is tiring every year so is losing. Hopefully soon the qb position will be solid some way some how.

    I still think the Brown would have beat the steeler's in the playoffs if Holcomb played the whole game instead of couch.

    It's not going to be solid if we keep wanting to switch to the backup. And I agree about the game. We could have won that game.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's not going to be solid if we keep wanting to switch to the backup. And I agree about the game. We could have won that game.

    I'm not calling for the back up but I'm afraid Jake's 09' issues may continue.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's not going to be solid if we keep wanting to switch to the backup. And I agree about the game. We could have won that game.

    I'm not calling for the back up but I'm afraid Jake's 09' issues may continue.

    @1-more-season said:

    I'm not calling for the back up but I'm afraid Jake's 09' issues may continue.

    I'm more optimistic his '03-'08 years will come back.

  • If seneca is in this weekend I want him to do his job which is be a solid backup and make smart decisions. A good backup wins games when theyre called upon and that's what I am hoping for. I don't want jake replaced he is our qb and so what he had some turnovers, they all do. This back and forth shit with the qb p[osition is over, jake is our man for the time being end of story.

  • If seneca is in this weekend I want him to do his job which is be a solid backup and make smart decisions. A good backup wins games when theyre called upon and that's what I am hoping for. I don't want jake replaced he is our qb and so what he had some turnovers, they all do. This back and forth shit with the qb p[osition is over, jake is our man for the time being end of story.

    @joker-boy said:

    If seneca is in this weekend I want him to do his job which is be a solid backup and make smart decisions. A good backup wins games when theyre called upon and that's what I am hoping for. I don't want jake replaced he is our qb and so what he had some turnovers, they all do. This back and forth shit with the qb p[osition is over, jake is our man for the time being end of story.

    But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

  • @joker-boy said:

    If seneca is in this weekend I want him to do his job which is be a solid backup and make smart decisions. A good backup wins games when theyre called upon and that's what I am hoping for. I don't want jake replaced he is our qb and so what he had some turnovers, they all do. This back and forth shit with the qb p[osition is over, jake is our man for the time being end of story.

    But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

    What if Colt McCoy had a third arm?

  • @joker-boy said:

    If seneca is in this weekend I want him to do his job which is be a solid backup and make smart decisions. A good backup wins games when theyre called upon and that's what I am hoping for. I don't want jake replaced he is our qb and so what he had some turnovers, they all do. This back and forth shit with the qb p[osition is over, jake is our man for the time being end of story.

    But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

    I guarantee that will not happen. It's crap that people even have that idea in their head, Jake was doing good til he threw that interception and hurt his ankle then the rest of the game was screwed because of the injury. You don't bench a player for 1 bad game you don't penalize him for getting hurt. I know as cleveland fans we are hungry for a winner but if qb's get thrown under the bus every year we will never have success at that position. We are rebuilding not reloading please keep that in mind, this will take a few years it sure as hell isn't going to happen over night. Perhaps expectations were too high for delhomme personally I looked at it like this, maybe he will revert back to his old days when he lit it up but maybe he's just over. Let's say we do have a crash and burn season I see 2 reasons that would make that worth it: Mark Ingram - Jake Locker (just a couple options) now that's just a bonus if we crash and burn I'd much rather have a decent season BUT there would some gold at the end of that xxxxed up rainbow if we do end up in the basement.

  • I say we get DA and BQ back...the greatest debate over who would help us lose..less.

  • I say we get DA and BQ back...the greatest debate over who would help us lose..less.

    @d531 said:

    I say we get DA and BQ back...the greatest debate over who would help us lose..less.

    Amen. Things could be worse....

  • This is the only town where the #2 is always "DA MAN"

    @neweradawg said:

    This is the only town where the #2 is always "DA MAN"

    The #2 quarterback is always the most popular man on the team. The starter is popular with the fans win or tie.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    But here's the thing: What if Wallace plays like an starter, not a good backup, then what? We go back to Delhomme? My thinking is that if Wallace plays lights out, Delhomme may not return ever as starter.

    I guarantee that will not happen. It's crap that people even have that idea in their head, Jake was doing good til he threw that interception and hurt his ankle then the rest of the game was screwed because of the injury. You don't bench a player for 1 bad game you don't penalize him for getting hurt. I know as cleveland fans we are hungry for a winner but if qb's get thrown under the bus every year we will never have success at that position. We are rebuilding not reloading please keep that in mind, this will take a few years it sure as hell isn't going to happen over night. Perhaps expectations were too high for delhomme personally I looked at it like this, maybe he will revert back to his old days when he lit it up but maybe he's just over. Let's say we do have a crash and burn season I see 2 reasons that would make that worth it: Mark Ingram - Jake Locker (just a couple options) now that's just a bonus if we crash and burn I'd much rather have a decent season BUT there would some gold at the end of that xxxxed up rainbow if we do end up in the basement.

    @joker-boy said:

    I guarantee that will not happen. It's crap that people even have that idea in their head, Jake was doing good til he threw that interception and hurt his ankle then the rest of the game was screwed because of the injury. You don't bench a player for 1 bad game you don't penalize him for getting hurt. I know as cleveland fans we are hungry for a winner but if qb's get thrown under the bus every year we will never have success at that position. We are rebuilding not reloading please keep that in mind, this will take a few years it sure as hell isn't going to happen over night. Perhaps expectations were too high for delhomme personally I looked at it like this, maybe he will revert back to his old days when he lit it up but maybe he's just over. Let's say we do have a crash and burn season I see 2 reasons that would make that worth it: Mark Ingram - Jake Locker (just a couple options) now that's just a bonus if we crash and burn I'd much rather have a decent season BUT there would some gold at the end of that xxxxed up rainbow if we do end up in the basement.

    good post. fortunately, we have holmgren running the show now. he has a better track record than the previous knee jerk reacting, dimwits that ran the browns before him.

  • Seneca is a good player. I think the Browns get the win this week with him behind center

  • Seneca starting is not a horrible thing.. AT WORST, he is equal to Delhomme.. Whoever starts should get full support. I do not think there is a QB controversy.. Delhomme is hurt, that's all.

    And to the poster who said how Delhomme throwing a few picks against tampa was not a big deal, well I COMPLETELY disagree. The pick at the end of the first half that set tampa's td up was a GAME CHANGER.. we never played the same after that.. especially on offense. Delhomme should have known better to just take the sack..

    GO BROWNS

  • Seneca starting is not a horrible thing.. AT WORST, he is equal to Delhomme.. Whoever starts should get full support. I do not think there is a QB controversy.. Delhomme is hurt, that's all.

    And to the poster who said how Delhomme throwing a few picks against tampa was not a big deal, well I COMPLETELY disagree. The pick at the end of the first half that set tampa's td up was a GAME CHANGER.. we never played the same after that.. especially on offense. Delhomme should have known better to just take the sack..

    GO BROWNS

    @585dawg said:

    Seneca starting is not a horrible thing.. AT WORST, he is equal to Delhomme.. Whoever starts should get full support. I do not think there is a QB controversy.. Delhomme is hurt, that's all.

    And to the poster who said how Delhomme throwing a few picks against tampa was not a big deal, well I COMPLETELY disagree. The pick at the end of the first half that set tampa's td up was a GAME CHANGER.. we never played the same after that.. especially on offense. Delhomme should have known better to just take the sack..

    GO BROWNS

    I've been saying that all week! He takes the sack, and it's still manageable, and we STILL have the opportunity to keep possession and go up 21-3, or if anything 17-3!!!! Whatever happened to just supporting the team because it's the CLEVELAND F**KIN" BROWNS!!!!! And anyway, I'm curious to see what Seneca can do! Furthermore, our offense needs to keep their damn foot on the gas and not sit on a lead! When will they learn?