Skip to content

Jake in BOOT

The Browns Board
23 17 3.0k
  • "unleash the wilddawg"?? Wow, you've got to think if this team has anything to "unleash" it would have done it during the Tampa game. I'm afraid Delhomme is/was the best QB in camp. I hope Seneca does well too, but you have to be realistic. If anyone in Berea thought we could "unleash" an offense by putting Seneca in, they would have done it last week. We've all seen the QB merry-go-round enough over the last 20 years. I'd be happy just having a QB start 3 or 4 games in a row at this point.

    @dave said:

    "unleash the wilddawg"?? Wow, you've got to think if this team has anything to "unleash" it would have done it during the Tampa game. I'm afraid Delhomme is/was the best QB in camp. I hope Seneca does well too, but you have to be realistic. If anyone in Berea thought we could "unleash" an offense by putting Seneca in, they would have done it last week. We've all seen the QB merry-go-round enough over the last 20 years. I'd be happy just having a QB start 3 or 4 games in a row at this point.

    Sorry if im not calling the plays they decide to use but as i remember Josh Cribbs running the WildDawg formation last year was pretty impressive, i agree Delhomme was the best QB in camp but he is hurt and was hurt in the TB game and should of been pulled for Wallace im not at all suggesting that id rather have him in over Delhomme but if hes hurt then yeah we need to go with Wallace its a no brainer, im also tired of seeing the QB merry go around but if are starter is hurt then we need to be optimistic about Wallace, and the few plays they did run together Wallace and Cribbs seemed to have chemistry,im sorry they didnt decide to run what shouldve worked instead of what they did which resulted in a loss in week one

  • @squintz said:

    This friggin' sucks. The guy has a good preseason, hurts his ankle, makes a couple bad throws and now people want Seneca F'in Wallace to take over. When will you people learn?

    Man I hope his ankle is ok.

    Last year DA and BQ had a decent pre-season. The Lions were 4-0 in preseason before they went 0-16 in the regular. Preseason is like warmups for the regular season and a way to see what u have with ur top draft picks (unless if course they go down with injury like Hardesty or James Davis last year).

    @brownindian said:

    Last year DA and BQ had a decent pre-season. The Lions were 4-0 in preseason before they went 0-16 in the regular. Preseason is like warmups for the regular season and a way to see what u have with ur top draft picks (unless if course they go down with injury like Hardesty or James Davis last year).

    Whoa!

    Guys, I'm not an imbecile here and am not implying that the mere fact that Jake had a good preseason will translate into a good/productive regular season. But what I AM saying is it's waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too early to jump ship and turn the reins over to Seneca Wallace and his 83.1 career QB rating, much of which was inflated in mop-up time.

    Hell, I like Seneca - all 5'11" of him. But I like him as a solid BACKUP.

    Doesn't anyone else find it telling that Seattle was willing to give him away even with the health of their aging QB precarious at best?

    Come on - they chose to trade for Charlie friggin' Whitehurst over rather than keeping him.

    If there were an emoticon of a befuddled little yellow face incredulously shaking his head I would place it here...

  • Jake missing a game or two isnt a bad thing because many of us would love to see what seneca can do, mangini loves delhomme and will put him right back in as soon as he can regardless of how well he does..for those thinking seneca will stay in if he does well..forget it! 😉

    @gips said:

    Jake missing a game or two isnt a bad thing because many of us would love to see what seneca can do, mangini loves delhomme and will put him right back in as soon as he can regardless of how well he does..for those thinking seneca will stay in if he does well..forget it! 😉

    If you only knew how ridiculous you sound with your douchebag hate agenda against anything Mangini . You make me sick .

  • if he keeps throwing INTS maybe he'll get the boot

  • The real reason everyone is calling for Seneca is so that next week they can call for Colt McCoy.

  • This friggin' sucks. The guy has a good preseason, hurts his ankle, makes a couple bad throws and now people want Seneca F'in Wallace to take over. When will you people learn?

    Man I hope his ankle is ok.

    @squintz said:

    This friggin' sucks. The guy has a good preseason, hurts his ankle, makes a couple bad throws and now people want Seneca F'in Wallace to take over. When will you people learn?

    Man I hope his ankle is ok.

    I hope his ankle is ok also.

    But who cares about preseason? We now know that Delhomme can move the ball against 2nd and 3rd stringers (by the way, the Bucs secondary looked like 2nd stringers out there much of the game). Problem is, Delhomme has had troubles moving the ball against 1st stringers the past year and a half.

    Wallace gives us more options. Not the answer, but not so sure it is a downgrade from what we have in Delhomme.

  • Jakes in a boot should read Jake gets the boot. Your management team wated alot of money on someone elses garbage. Seneca Wallace will do much better IMO. He cannot do any worse I would think.

  • Jakes in a boot should read Jake gets the boot. Your management team wated alot of money on someone elses garbage. Seneca Wallace will do much better IMO. He cannot do any worse I would think.

    @steelsoldier said:

    Jakes in a boot should read Jake gets the boot. Your management team wated alot of money on someone elses garbage. Seneca Wallace will do much better IMO. He cannot do any worse I would think.

    How do you know. Maybe he CAN do a lot worse.

    If you think the Browns were wrong for going after Delhomme what move do YOU suggest that they should have made, give that they definitely were not going to bring back Quinn and Anderson?

    Who else was out there that you think would have been a better choice to sign on?

    What other veteran free agent QBs were available for the Browns to pick up?

    And wouldn't no matter who they pick up have been considered someone else's "garbage"?

    Didn't the Steelers in fact also pick up someone else's garbage when they signed Leftwich, who would have been your starting QB while BR was out if he had not gotten hurt?

    How is the Browns picking up Delhomme any different of a move?

    They weren't going to give the ball to a rookie.

    Didn't think about any of that, did you, I wager.

  • I thought we had enough of the DA vs BQ the last two years.

    I certainly wasn't expecting a SW vs JD this year...

  • I thought we had enough of the DA vs BQ the last two years.

    I certainly wasn't expecting a SW vs JD this year...

    @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    I thought we had enough of the DA vs BQ the last two years.

    I certainly wasn't expecting a SW vs JD this year...

    i don't think it's that at all.........yet. granted jake threw up a ball for an interception that he should have just ate, but that wasn't the reason we lost. mangini needs to let him know though that it's a short walk to the bench if he continues to make mistakes. it's hard enough for a coaching staff to have this team play to it's abilities and maybe even above them without having to worry about your veteran quater back throwing up ducks. hopefully we'll see a lot more positives this week. i want to see progress each week. wins would be good too.