Skip to content

Tailgating - LARGE Party

Tailgate Party
10 5 2.5k
  • Hi, I'm on a tailgate committee at my work for the Browns vs. Bengals game 10/3. We have approximately 80 people coming to the game (of course not all of them will be coming to tailgate, but I'm not sure on that number). Anyway - does anyone have any advice for me as to holding a spot that would accomodate a large group of people like this? Like for instance, when I get there at 7am, can I pay for multiple spots and hold them? I wouldn't want to hold spots for our attendees to actually park in, these would be spots to give us room to gather, cook, etc.

    Also, I'm hoping to actually have this catered-anyone know of a good catering company that will come and bring their grill down to the muni lot and cook for us? ANY advice is greatly appreciated --- I've never hosted a tailgate before, I've just shown up 🙂 Thanks!

  • Hi, I'm on a tailgate committee at my work for the Browns vs. Bengals game 10/3. We have approximately 80 people coming to the game (of course not all of them will be coming to tailgate, but I'm not sure on that number). Anyway - does anyone have any advice for me as to holding a spot that would accomodate a large group of people like this? Like for instance, when I get there at 7am, can I pay for multiple spots and hold them? I wouldn't want to hold spots for our attendees to actually park in, these would be spots to give us room to gather, cook, etc.

    Also, I'm hoping to actually have this catered-anyone know of a good catering company that will come and bring their grill down to the muni lot and cook for us? ANY advice is greatly appreciated --- I've never hosted a tailgate before, I've just shown up 🙂 Thanks!

    @melissa said:

    Also, I'm hoping to actually have this catered-anyone know of a good catering company that will come and bring their grill down to the muni lot and cook for us? ANY advice is greatly appreciated --- I've never hosted a tailgate before, I've just shown up 🙂 Thanks!

    http://www.chefs4hire.net/index.html

  • Hi, I'm on a tailgate committee at my work for the Browns vs. Bengals game 10/3. We have approximately 80 people coming to the game (of course not all of them will be coming to tailgate, but I'm not sure on that number). Anyway - does anyone have any advice for me as to holding a spot that would accomodate a large group of people like this? Like for instance, when I get there at 7am, can I pay for multiple spots and hold them? I wouldn't want to hold spots for our attendees to actually park in, these would be spots to give us room to gather, cook, etc.

    Also, I'm hoping to actually have this catered-anyone know of a good catering company that will come and bring their grill down to the muni lot and cook for us? ANY advice is greatly appreciated --- I've never hosted a tailgate before, I've just shown up 🙂 Thanks!

    @melissa said:

    Hi, I'm on a tailgate committee at my work for the Browns vs. Bengals game 10/3. We have approximately 80 people coming to the game (of course not all of them will be coming to tailgate, but I'm not sure on that number). Anyway - does anyone have any advice for me as to holding a spot that would accomodate a large group of people like this? Like for instance, when I get there at 7am, can I pay for multiple spots and hold them? I wouldn't want to hold spots for our attendees to actually park in, these would be spots to give us room to gather, cook, etc.

    Also, I'm hoping to actually have this catered-anyone know of a good catering company that will come and bring their grill down to the muni lot and cook for us? ANY advice is greatly appreciated --- I've never hosted a tailgate before, I've just shown up 🙂 Thanks!

    http://www.cater-to-you.com/

    If you plan on holding spots, it would be best to scout around this weekend for secondary lots that are as heavily populated. You don't want to piss off a group that have staked their claim to a spot for years, only to show up and have your group having a one time outing in their sacred spot.

    Come down and meet us this Sunday at our spot and we can help point you to some potential area's to tailgate and give you many tips. We do this sort of thing on a slightly smaller scale for each Home game. You can find info regarding out Tailgate Party here: http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm.

    The above cater has a couple of 'Kitchen on wheels' and is part of the Longo's Family from the Northeast Side of Cleveland (Mentor area). They can supply everything from full linen and china for a sit down event, to plastic dinnerware and paper napkins for a casual buffet at a location of your choice. They even have Pizza oven on-board. Ask for Joe, and tell him Stan recommended him.

  • Thanks for the great info! That didn't even cross my mind that I could potentially piss off the regulars - I would be really ticked if I were them! I'll definitely have to come down and check things out with you guys. For this particular game the company decided to just to a tailgate in the parking lot at our work since we don't have too much time to really iron out the details; but the info will be good for future games. Thanks so much!

  • Thanks for the great info! That didn't even cross my mind that I could potentially piss off the regulars - I would be really ticked if I were them! I'll definitely have to come down and check things out with you guys. For this particular game the company decided to just to a tailgate in the parking lot at our work since we don't have too much time to really iron out the details; but the info will be good for future games. Thanks so much!

    @melissa said:

    Thanks for the great info! That didn't even cross my mind that I could potentially piss off the regulars - I would be really ticked if I were them! I'll definitely have to come down and check things out with you guys. For this particular game the company decided to just to a tailgate in the parking lot at our work since we don't have too much time to really iron out the details; but the info will be good for future games. Thanks so much!

    Melissa,

    I am going to send you my phone number through a private message here (sign-in and you will receive it), call me, I think that we can help you out very easily and efficiently.

  • @melissa said:

    Thanks for the great info! That didn't even cross my mind that I could potentially piss off the regulars - I would be really ticked if I were them! I'll definitely have to come down and check things out with you guys. For this particular game the company decided to just to a tailgate in the parking lot at our work since we don't have too much time to really iron out the details; but the info will be good for future games. Thanks so much!

    Melissa,

    I am going to send you my phone number through a private message here (sign-in and you will receive it), call me, I think that we can help you out very easily and efficiently.

    @atenears said:

    Melissa,

    I am going to send you my phone number through a private message here (sign-in and you will receive it), call me, I think that we can help you out very easily and efficiently.

    Stans the man, he gets more phone numbers this way

  • @melissa said:

    Hi, I'm on a tailgate committee at my work for the Browns vs. Bengals game 10/3. We have approximately 80 people coming to the game (of course not all of them will be coming to tailgate, but I'm not sure on that number). Anyway - does anyone have any advice for me as to holding a spot that would accomodate a large group of people like this? Like for instance, when I get there at 7am, can I pay for multiple spots and hold them? I wouldn't want to hold spots for our attendees to actually park in, these would be spots to give us room to gather, cook, etc.

    Also, I'm hoping to actually have this catered-anyone know of a good catering company that will come and bring their grill down to the muni lot and cook for us? ANY advice is greatly appreciated --- I've never hosted a tailgate before, I've just shown up 🙂 Thanks!

    http://www.cater-to-you.com/

    If you plan on holding spots, it would be best to scout around this weekend for secondary lots that are as heavily populated. You don't want to piss off a group that have staked their claim to a spot for years, only to show up and have your group having a one time outing in their sacred spot.

    Come down and meet us this Sunday at our spot and we can help point you to some potential area's to tailgate and give you many tips. We do this sort of thing on a slightly smaller scale for each Home game. You can find info regarding out Tailgate Party here: http://thebrownsboard.com/tailgate.htm.

    The above cater has a couple of 'Kitchen on wheels' and is part of the Longo's Family from the Northeast Side of Cleveland (Mentor area). They can supply everything from full linen and china for a sit down event, to plastic dinnerware and paper napkins for a casual buffet at a location of your choice. They even have Pizza oven on-board. Ask for Joe, and tell him Stan recommended him.

    @atenears said:

    Come down and meet us this Sunday at our spot and we can help point you to some potential area's to tailgate and give you many tips.

    Stan, you are hilarious! Have her come down so you can give her some pointers? Did you notice that she plans on a 7:00 AM start? Isn't that about the same time that HagII starts pouring water on your face to get you out of bed?

  • Don't listen to them Melissa, I'm single, still a virgin - having never married, and it's just a myth that I have enough off-spring to field a youth ball team (those kids just call me daddy because they hear all the ladies calling me that).

    Call me

    1-800-Not-Mine

  • Don't listen to them Melissa, I'm single, still a virgin - having never married, and it's just a myth that I have enough off-spring to field a youth ball team (those kids just call me daddy because they hear all the ladies calling me that).

    Call me

    1-800-Not-Mine

    @atenears said:

    Don't listen to them Melissa, I'm single, still a virgin - having never married, and it's just a myth that I have enough off-spring to field a youth ball team (those kids just call me daddy because they hear all the ladies calling me that).

    Call me

    1-800-Not-Mine

    LOL you guys are too funny.... I definitely want to come down there sometime soon ---- my work is set on doing the tailgate at our facility for that game, but we would like to have it down there in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to come down there soon (I have a 2 year old and a 10-month old, so that makes it a little difficult) 🙂

    Thanks!!!!!!

  • @atenears said:

    Don't listen to them Melissa, I'm single, still a virgin - having never married, and it's just a myth that I have enough off-spring to field a youth ball team (those kids just call me daddy because they hear all the ladies calling me that).

    Call me

    1-800-Not-Mine

    LOL you guys are too funny.... I definitely want to come down there sometime soon ---- my work is set on doing the tailgate at our facility for that game, but we would like to have it down there in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to come down there soon (I have a 2 year old and a 10-month old, so that makes it a little difficult) 🙂

    Thanks!!!!!!

    @melissa said:

    LOL you guys are too funny.... I definitely want to come down there sometime soon ---- my work is set on doing the tailgate at our facility for that game, but we would like to have it down there in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to come down there soon (I have a 2 year old and a 10-month old, so that makes it a little difficult) 🙂

    Thanks!!!!!!

    Melissa, we look forward to meeting you.

    BTW, do you have batting stats on your kids, and have they developed an off-speed pitch yet?

    The tailgate party was the best part of the Game Day experience again yesterday. When do we get our Browns back?