Skip to content

Jon Gruden goes off on refs

The Browns Board
13 9 1.6k
  • God I love him even more now, does that make me gay.

    @wrrebel said:

    God I love him even more now, does that make me gay.

    No, The Walrus and Chucky Reunite in Cleveland 2011.

    I heard one time that every day while working in Green Bay, no matter the temperature, he would ride a 10 speed to work holding play books, his lunch and dinner. Would get there at 5am and ride home at 11pm.

  • Gruden is my idol...

  • God I love him even more now, does that make me gay.

    @wrrebel said:

    God I love him even more now, does that make me gay.

    No. It doesn't. Wearing polyester pants and listening to techno does.

    The story doesn't shed any light on what set him off. How convenient. If ref was allowing late hits etc I'd be pissed too. I play in the local soccer league and incompetent refs are often responsible for brawls and injuries. Of course they don't see it that way.

  • @wrrebel said:

    God I love him even more now, does that make me gay.

    No. It doesn't. Wearing polyester pants and listening to techno does.

    The story doesn't shed any light on what set him off. How convenient. If ref was allowing late hits etc I'd be pissed too. I play in the local soccer league and incompetent refs are often responsible for brawls and injuries. Of course they don't see it that way.

    @pikeym27 said:

    No. It doesn't. ... listening to techno does.

    😛

    Absolutely right.

  • Jon Gruden is by far my favourite Head Coach for the Browns' future (assuming we do have one... 😉)

  • That would be great and as much as i can get a footballgasm just thinking about it i honestly cant see chucky leaving his comfy job, lifestyle and surroundings to return home to iceland to help holmgren set things right...

    One thing for sure im more than ready to see an offensive minded HC on the field, we have done nothing but lose, lose, lose with defensive minded coaches and the 3-4 defenses they endorse ,setup and then cant obtain the somewhat specialized personnel to do anything with it...

  • O man, I really don't want Gruden as our coach. I prefer someone a bit more cerebral like Belichick or Mangini.

  • Honestly, gruden or cohler would be my choice..

    That said mangini wil get us to the play offs by accident

  • Hmm...somebody with fire? Yeah, THAT would suck (sarcasm intended).

    I'd love to give him another shot. If what he did was such a travesty he wouldn't be on TV.

  • How about we let the season unfold before we start talking about another coaching change?

  • I just don't see the Gruden hype.

    He made Oakland better when he was there, but they were never a Superbowl Contender. He rode another coaches team to the Superbowl and then got worse every single season that he was coach. And he is now helping high school becuase he is holding out for a head coaching position?

    Gruden is not the answer, he's just hype.

    IF Mangini is gone (I hope not I like him) I hope Holmgren just puts himself in the position. At least then we'll have continuity between the office and coaching staff.