Skip to content

It's Official !

The Browns Board
25 18 3.5k
  • This is the second time that we have found a way to a team that we should have won against.

    This is the second time that our offense has not taken off in the second half of the game.

    The next 7 games look terrible and the only game we can look forward too now is the Bills game.

    When will things change ?

    @brownindian said:

    This is the second time that we have found a way to a team that we should have won against.

    This is the second time that our offense has not taken off in the second half of the game.

    The next 7 games look terrible and the only game we can look forward too now is the Bills game.

    When will things change ?

    Things will change once Daboll is fired. Keep Seneca in, i believe he'll be a better long term QB than Jake. He just needs time to learn the receivers.

  • @brownindian said:

    This is the second time that we have found a way to a team that we should have won against.

    This is the second time that our offense has not taken off in the second half of the game.

    The next 7 games look terrible and the only game we can look forward too now is the Bills game.

    When will things change ?

    Things will change once Daboll is fired. Keep Seneca in, i believe he'll be a better long term QB than Jake. He just needs time to learn the receivers.

    @usfbrown said:

    Things will change once Daboll is fired. Keep Seneca in, i believe he'll be a better long term QB than Jake. He just needs time to learn the receivers.

    I liked what i saw from Seneca. Def an athlete, a pity he is so short though !

    The worst part is it seems all the learning we made last year is all washed down the drain !

  • I thought the play calling was a lot better this week than last week. We fed the run game and it allowed us to take one on one shots down the field. We hit on a few big screen passes. Twice we missed on big plays (Robo didn't drag his foot, and MoMoss dropped one) but we hit on the long ball to Cribbs.

    They stacked the box all game, so there wasn't much running to be had. They forced us to beat them in the air with our second string QB and our young and sub par WR's. We have to face it guys, we aren't good enough to go in with a backup QB and our WR's and win games through the air. RAC for some reason isn't thinking Arby's anymore. He knew what he had to do.

    I agree (and it sucks because we always have QB problems..) But I think Wallace should just stay in and run the offense. He could be a legit long term guy. It just sucks that JD couldn't come in an help us win and get the young WR's rolling, but we might as well let Wallace play and see what we have in him now. I think JD is the kind of the guy that you bring in if you are a team on the bubble for making the playoffs and you need a QB. He isn't a guy to bring in with a team like ours. Wallace surprised me with his arm strength and used his legs to get out of some sacks that JD would have surely taken. Sucks that he made the big mistake on the pick 6. I know he wanted to go to stuckey the first time but stuckey wasn't looking.... then he made the mistake of not going somewhere else... Live and learn

    I would have liked to have seen us blitz more on defense. Seemed like we dropped into coverage, and gave Cassel to much time to find an open man. But, we didn't give up an Offensive TD so I can't really complain.

    Bernard is quickly becoming a fan favorite for me. Guy has some serious speed on the edge and made a few great plays. (Might have saved a TD on that tipped pass)

    I don't even get mad anymore with this team.

  • you are right about Seneca being on longer than JD. I somehow was not worried that much about an interception with Seneca at the helm than JD.

  • Anyone still think the Vincent Jackson trade attempt is a bad idea ? Im not that excited even if we pursue it, but it seems like FA's are the only way we can inject some meaning into this season unless we are aiming high for the draft.

  • I'm sick to my stomach. Mangini will be fired by week 8. We have to be the only team who, doesn't play to win

  • C'mon...anyone who was expecting anymore than 5-6 wins to begin with was deliriously fooling themselves. I predicted five wins, and that was counting on probable wins at Tampa and KC. This team is sorely lacking talent at many spots. With this receiving group, expecting anything out of the passing game is wishful thinking. Especially in any deep threat kind of way.

    Just try to enjoy our Browns for what they are right now. The losing sucks and we have endured our share of misery, but I have to believe the franchise is finally on the right track. I'm not a big Mangini fan and believe he'll be gone with Holmgren changing the coaching staff. I believe that will be another step in the right direction. I believe good things are in store for us in the near future; just not this year.

    I can't let this shitty season (so far) bring me totally down as a Browns fan, because it is basically what I expected. If I didn't believe there was hope for the near future I might as well just give them up and find something better to do.

    Keep hope alive fellow Dawgs.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Pick 6 cost us the game?

    Anything cost us the game. The missed field goal. The fumble. The fact we only got 55 yards in the second half. The fact that Harrison sucks ass.

  • I vote for 55 yards in the 2nd half.

    that just isnt going to get it done...

  • I vote for 55 yards in the 2nd half.

    that just isnt going to get it done...

    @mark-o said:

    I vote for 55 yards in the 2nd half.

    that just isnt going to get it done...

    NO halftime adjustments once again. MoMass and Robo aren't fast enough to get separation.

    Playing the style they do, the Browns can't afford to make mistakes and expect to win.

  • Flat out we are horrid; I am sick of it

    I will continue to wake up my fam with cheers of GO BROWNS every Sunday morning in the fall; full well knowing we are going to lose

    That said, I am not paying to watch this feces; refuse to afford losers to garner my attention

  • Jesus some of you are pessimistic. I felt the same after week one. But there is tremendous upside in the first two games.

    1) A defense that can get stops and force turnovers

    2) Competing, and even scoring touchdowns. Something that we could hardly do last year, until the end but those were struggling teams we played, and at a meaningless time for most of them.

    3) We are one or 2 offense play makers away from being offensively sound.

    What i think we should do is ask the Patriots owner and Belicheck for tips on drafting offensive players 😁

  • @mark-o said:

    I vote for 55 yards in the 2nd half.

    that just isnt going to get it done...

    NO halftime adjustments once again. MoMass and Robo aren't fast enough to get separation.

    Playing the style they do, the Browns can't afford to make mistakes and expect to win.

    @hoorta said:

    NO halftime adjustments once again. MoMass and Robo aren't fast enough to get separation.

    Playing the style they do, the Browns can't afford to make mistakes and expect to win.

    [/quote

    That's it exactly !! Simply the Browns have to play an almost perfect game to beat anyone.

    They lack ANY team speed. Mass and Robo can't seperate from any DBs and even if they do

    they don't have a good enough QB to get them the ball.They threw 2 or 3 long balls to Robo and

    the DB was inside his shirt on every one of them.

    The defense is adequate but just average. The DBs are decent except for Elam but they have NO

    pass rush to speak of and the LBs are painfully sloooooooow.

    KC stacked the box today with sometimes 10 guys. You cannot run against that. Until the Browns

    develop a deep threat this season is lost.

  • And the "WOW" moment hits 15 years after the fact.

    Look on the bright side. The Steelers keep on winning. At least yinz have something worth bitching about.

    Regards....

    ... an'at

  • And the "WOW" moment hits 15 years after the fact.

    Look on the bright side. The Steelers keep on winning. At least yinz have something worth bitching about.

    Regards....

    ... an'at

    Fook you yinzer...

    @steeler-schick said:

    And the "WOW" moment hits 15 years after the fact.

    Look on the bright side. The Steelers keep on winning. At least yinz have something worth bitching about.

    Regards....

    ... an'at

  • Tampa Bay and Kansas City are both 2-0, Chiefs beat us and San Diego and Bucs beat us and Carolina. Maybe our perceived easy first two games isn't as perceived.

    I got more excitement watching the lady 3 rows in front of me in a drunken coma with her head in her lap the entire game than I did watching our offense

    Give Hillis the ball and start getting James Davis involved, Harrison's killing us right now

  • Tampa Bay and Kansas City are both 2-0, Chiefs beat us and San Diego and Bucs beat us and Carolina. Maybe our perceived easy first two games isn't as perceived.

    I got more excitement watching the lady 3 rows in front of me in a drunken coma with her head in her lap the entire game than I did watching our offense

    Give Hillis the ball and start getting James Davis involved, Harrison's killing us right now

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    Tampa Bay and Kansas City are both 2-0, Chiefs beat us and San Diego and Bucs beat us and Carolina. Maybe our perceived easy first two games isn't as perceived.

    I got more excitement watching the lady 3 rows in front of me in a drunken coma with her head in her lap the entire game than I did watching our offense

    Give Hillis the ball and start getting James Davis involved, Harrison's killing us right now

    Agreed.

    Observing someone in the act of autocunnilingus is far more entertaining than watching a stains game.

    Regards...

    ... an'at

    .

  • Anyone still think the Vincent Jackson trade attempt is a bad idea ? Im not that excited even if we pursue it, but it seems like FA's are the only way we can inject some meaning into this season unless we are aiming high for the draft.

    @brownindian said:

    Anyone still think the Vincent Jackson trade attempt is a bad idea ? Im not that excited even if we pursue it, but it seems like FA's are the only way we can inject some meaning into this season unless we are aiming high for the draft.

    I think it would be a terrible idea. We need a lot of help on offense and to tie up that much money in a guy without anyone to throw it to him is not the way to get better.

    Seneca Wallace is NOT the answer, despite what some posters are saying. I don't think we have a franchise QB on the roster and until we get one look for the offense to be average at best (although with an average offense we would be 2-0 right now).

  • I vote for 55 yards in the 2nd half.

    that just isnt going to get it done...

    @mark-o said:

    I vote for 55 yards in the 2nd half.

    that just isnt going to get it done...

    Maybe. Especially since all we needed was a field goal to win it.

    But I would still say the pick that resulted in the only TD for KC. Poor decisions by Browns QB's has become the norm.

    If Wallace is such a great athlete, why didn't he tuck and run some?

  • Seneca is a good back-up QB. i think he proved that today.