Skip to content

14-2... It could happen too.

The Browns Board
8 5 909
  • 3 Weeks ago a lot of you had hopes that we could win the first two easy games of our season. Both of those teams are now 2-0... not as easy as you think? We are 5 POINTS from being 2-0.

    Use this thread for positive thinking please.

    Food for thought - the Cowboys were picked to win the Super Bowl by a ton of 'experts' this year. They have the same record as our beloved Browns.

    PS - We have more total points than the Ravens...

  • 🙄

    you guys are the charlie browniest!

  • 🙄

    you guys are the charlie browniest!

    @gafreleets said:

    🙄

    you guys are the charlie browniest!

    Someday we will look back at the last decade and laugh... or cry... that day will be Wednesday. The time for bitching is over - I am tired of being part of the problem.

    My sig says it all.

  • 3 Weeks ago a lot of you had hopes that we could win the first two easy games of our season. Both of those teams are now 2-0... not as easy as you think? We are 5 POINTS from being 2-0.

    Use this thread for positive thinking please.

    Food for thought - the Cowboys were picked to win the Super Bowl by a ton of 'experts' this year. They have the same record as our beloved Browns.

    PS - We have more total points than the Ravens...

    @loyalty said:

    3 Weeks ago a lot of you had hopes that we could win the first two easy games of our season. Both of those teams are now 2-0... not as easy as you think? We are 5 POINTS from being 2-0.

    Use this thread for positive thinking please.

    Food for thought - the Cowboys were picked to win the Super Bowl by a ton of 'experts' this year. They have the same record as our beloved Browns.

    PS - We have more total points than the Ravens...

    I wished that I shared your optimism! I really do!!! But keep in mind, I heard a stat on tv yesterday that only 4 teams since 2000 have made the playoffs after starting 0-2. And if we continue to get shut out in the 2nd half of games we are in a lot of trouble! The Ravens have to be seething after losing to the Bengals! They'll be chomping at the bit to lay a beat down on us! I hope something clicks, and we're up for the challenge!

  • @loyalty said:

    3 Weeks ago a lot of you had hopes that we could win the first two easy games of our season. Both of those teams are now 2-0... not as easy as you think? We are 5 POINTS from being 2-0.

    Use this thread for positive thinking please.

    Food for thought - the Cowboys were picked to win the Super Bowl by a ton of 'experts' this year. They have the same record as our beloved Browns.

    PS - We have more total points than the Ravens...

    I wished that I shared your optimism! I really do!!! But keep in mind, I heard a stat on tv yesterday that only 4 teams since 2000 have made the playoffs after starting 0-2. And if we continue to get shut out in the 2nd half of games we are in a lot of trouble! The Ravens have to be seething after losing to the Bengals! They'll be chomping at the bit to lay a beat down on us! I hope something clicks, and we're up for the challenge!

    @djdawg2010 said:

    I wished that I shared your optimism! I really do!!! But keep in mind, I heard a stat on tv yesterday that only 4 teams since 2000 have made the playoffs after starting 0-2. And if we continue to get shut out in the 2nd half of games we are in a lot of trouble! The Ravens have to be seething after losing to the Bengals! They'll be chomping at the bit to lay a beat down on us! I hope something clicks, and we're up for the challenge!

    I'm not trying to be argumentative, BUT - don't you think our players are a little pissed that they could be 2-0 right now if it weren't for a couple stupid plays?

    Seriously - I don't honestly think we will go 14-2 but this negativity makes us look bad. I am sick of pouting, I am sick of expecting a loss in every facet of my life.

  • @djdawg2010 said:

    I wished that I shared your optimism! I really do!!! But keep in mind, I heard a stat on tv yesterday that only 4 teams since 2000 have made the playoffs after starting 0-2. And if we continue to get shut out in the 2nd half of games we are in a lot of trouble! The Ravens have to be seething after losing to the Bengals! They'll be chomping at the bit to lay a beat down on us! I hope something clicks, and we're up for the challenge!

    I'm not trying to be argumentative, BUT - don't you think our players are a little pissed that they could be 2-0 right now if it weren't for a couple stupid plays?

    Seriously - I don't honestly think we will go 14-2 but this negativity makes us look bad. I am sick of pouting, I am sick of expecting a loss in every facet of my life.

    @loyalty said:

    I'm not trying to be argumentative, BUT - don't you think our players are a little pissed that they could be 2-0 right now if it weren't for a couple stupid plays?

    Seriously - I don't honestly think we will go 14-2 but this negativity makes us look bad. I am sick of pouting, I am sick of expecting a loss in every facet of my life.

    I know if I was a player, I would be extremely pissed off! Then again you never know! Trust me, I'm optimistic every year. Considering the set up of the NFL with the salary cap, revenue sharing, and parity, it is very realistic a team can go worst to first in one season (we've seen it happen before), so I think EVERY season, that it could be us, and why not? But, then we get hit with the same shit! By no means, am I giving up, but how many more times do we have to get kicked in the nuts being Cleveland sports fans???!!!! 😠 I'm sick of "maybe next year!" I want next year to be now God Damnit!!! It's one thing to lose, but to lose making stupid mistakes, and watching the same inept offense over and over again is very frustrating! And that is what I am today! FRUSTRATED!!!!

  • Thank you so much for this thread! I, like you, am sick of seeing the constant doom and gloom when this franchise does anything.

    I don't expect us to make the playoffs but this ship can easily be righted. There is still a lot of football to be played fellas.

  • Who is pouting the facts are the facts and the facts say we suck rather its talent or rather its management or rather its both or just horrendously bad luck its nothing new 10 years later we still suck!

    And i would be sure if the players could openly tell us some things all of brownstown would be up in arms...but thats not the way it generally works especially in cleveland and especially under mangini if you dont want to be told your not starting/playing in the next game just minutes before it starts..

    All we can do is hope that holmgren is taking this stuff down and has a solution but it is possible he may be part of the problem.we dont know yet and getting any honesty or truth out of this regime like the others before it is impossible...adding to the fans frustration...