Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Perception

Perception

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 9 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ErnieCamacho84 ErnieCamacho84E
    • 165 Posts
    • 54 Reputation
    ErnieCamacho84E ErnieCamacho84 wrote on last edited by ErnieCamacho84
    #1

    To all of those who have already given up on this team, may I point out something that might give pause.

    Look at the first two games of the 2009 campaign. A 34-20 loss at home to Minnesota and an embarrassing 27-6 ass-whooping in Denver. A total point deficit of 35 for the first two games.

    This season it's 5.

    I'm not excusing the mistakes that led to an 0-2 start to this season, but I will confidently proclaim that this team is improved from one year ago.

    We still have a long way to go but we are on the right track. As long as I see improvements, no matter how gradual, I am encouraged.

    We played the Ravens in Baltimore for week 3 last year. Anyone remember that game? I try not to. I am confident we will make a better showing this time around. We'll see on Sunday.

    SeanthomasS 1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • ErnieCamacho84E ErnieCamacho84

      To all of those who have already given up on this team, may I point out something that might give pause.

      Look at the first two games of the 2009 campaign. A 34-20 loss at home to Minnesota and an embarrassing 27-6 ass-whooping in Denver. A total point deficit of 35 for the first two games.

      This season it's 5.

      I'm not excusing the mistakes that led to an 0-2 start to this season, but I will confidently proclaim that this team is improved from one year ago.

      We still have a long way to go but we are on the right track. As long as I see improvements, no matter how gradual, I am encouraged.

      We played the Ravens in Baltimore for week 3 last year. Anyone remember that game? I try not to. I am confident we will make a better showing this time around. We'll see on Sunday.

      Seanthomas SeanthomasS
      • 15 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      SeanthomasS Seanthomas wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @erniecamacho84 said:

      To all of those who have already given up on this team, may I point out something that might give pause.

      Look at the first two games of the 2009 campaign. A 34-20 loss at home to Minnesota and an embarrassing 27-6 ass-whooping in Denver. A total point deficit of 35 for the first two games.

      This season it's 5.

      I'm not excusing the mistakes that led to an 0-2 start to this season, but I will confidently proclaim that this team is improved from one year ago.

      We still have a long way to go but we are on the right track. As long as I see improvements, no matter how gradual, I am encouraged.

      We played the Ravens in Baltimore for week 3 last year. Anyone remember that game? I try not to. I am confident we will make a better showing this time around. We'll see on Sunday.

      I will reserve judgement until the bye week. BUT, I have seen some improvement in some areas, and some regression in others. I know it's only week 3 right now, and we might get a better idea after the Ravens game, but check out these stats....

      At the end of 2009 we were...

      2009

      32nd Total offense

      32nd passing Offense

      8th rushing Offense

      Def

      31st total def

      29th passing Def

      28th rushing Def

      this year so far we are

      17th total offense

      13th passing offense

      22nd rushing offense <---regressed and I thought we would be solid here.

      13th total defense

      8th in total passing ( def)

      25th in rushing (def)

      Like I said, it is still waaaay to early, and I know we are 0-2, but we could be easily be 2-0 as well if it weren't for stupid mistakes and bad adjustements. We need front 7 help, shore up the right side of the o-line and add some play makers on offense and we might have something next year.

      1 more season1 1 Reply Last reply
      ❤
      Quote Reply
      • Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Zombo said:

        Two Things are keeping hope alive for me:

        1. We are 0-0 in the division, 0-1 in the conference. The division is everything ... last year Cincy had the same record outside of the division as us: 4-6. But IN the division they were 6-0 and we were 1-5,,, which was the difference between a 10-6 division-winning team hosting a playoff game and a 5-11 last place team. If we beat Blatimore, our Season begins anew.

        2. Our defense has played well enough to win two weeks in a row. I liked how they kept KC out of the end zone. Assuming our offense stops the critical turnovers, we should be in every game.

        Zombo

        I think we can beat the Ratbirds...they can't score either.

        We have to have a good showling this week, bottom line.

        Karlis Missed
        Tim Couch Pulls OutT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Bob806B Bob806

          Zombo said:

          Two Things are keeping hope alive for me:

          1. We are 0-0 in the division, 0-1 in the conference. The division is everything ... last year Cincy had the same record outside of the division as us: 4-6. But IN the division they were 6-0 and we were 1-5,,, which was the difference between a 10-6 division-winning team hosting a playoff game and a 5-11 last place team. If we beat Blatimore, our Season begins anew.

          2. Our defense has played well enough to win two weeks in a row. I liked how they kept KC out of the end zone. Assuming our offense stops the critical turnovers, we should be in every game.

          Zombo

          I think we can beat the Ratbirds...they can't score either.

          We have to have a good showling this week, bottom line.

          Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 8k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @bob806 said:

          I think we can beat the Ratbirds...they can't score either.

          We have to have a good showling this week, bottom line.

          As long has we stop throwing pick sixes.

          I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
          next2nothingN 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out

            @bob806 said:

            I think we can beat the Ratbirds...they can't score either.

            We have to have a good showling this week, bottom line.

            As long has we stop throwing pick sixes.

            next2nothing next2nothingN Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 693 Posts
            • 9 Reputation
            next2nothingN next2nothing wrote on last edited by next2nothing
            #5

            @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

            As long has we stop throwing pick sixes.

            Exactly. We're beating ourselves right now.

            We've been in both games these first two weeks and just made mistakes that cost us the game. Not many games are won by more than a touchdown or a field goal anyway, so to me, the fact that we've been in both of these games till pretty much the end is a good sign.

            If we don't make the stupid mistakes we're 2 - 0 right now.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Loyalty LoyaltyL
              • 283 Posts
              • 10 Reputation
              LoyaltyL Loyalty wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I thought this entire offense was built around ball control. I feel like INTs and Fumbles are really the only things that will keep us from being a great team. If you look at our defense it really is pretty stout for not having many (if any) big names.

              The offense's biggest name is Joe Thomas - a Tackle... one of the best Tackles in the league at that.

              I don't expect our team to have tons of gamebreakers on offense but I will say that if we drop to 0-4 it will be the end of your light on a horizon for 2010.

              Mangini will be gone and I have a feeling that Holmgren will sign a BIG name coach to help him fix this mess.

              "A winner never whines." Paul Brown
              BrownIndianB 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • LoyaltyL Loyalty

                I thought this entire offense was built around ball control. I feel like INTs and Fumbles are really the only things that will keep us from being a great team. If you look at our defense it really is pretty stout for not having many (if any) big names.

                The offense's biggest name is Joe Thomas - a Tackle... one of the best Tackles in the league at that.

                I don't expect our team to have tons of gamebreakers on offense but I will say that if we drop to 0-4 it will be the end of your light on a horizon for 2010.

                Mangini will be gone and I have a feeling that Holmgren will sign a BIG name coach to help him fix this mess.

                BrownIndian BrownIndianB
                • 2k Posts
                • 39 Reputation
                BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @loyalty said:

                Mangini will be gone and I have a feeling that Holmgren will sign a BIG name coach to help him fix this mess.

                If you are a BIG name coach u have probably retired or have a nice team u are trying the win the SB with.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • SeanthomasS Seanthomas

                  @erniecamacho84 said:

                  To all of those who have already given up on this team, may I point out something that might give pause.

                  Look at the first two games of the 2009 campaign. A 34-20 loss at home to Minnesota and an embarrassing 27-6 ass-whooping in Denver. A total point deficit of 35 for the first two games.

                  This season it's 5.

                  I'm not excusing the mistakes that led to an 0-2 start to this season, but I will confidently proclaim that this team is improved from one year ago.

                  We still have a long way to go but we are on the right track. As long as I see improvements, no matter how gradual, I am encouraged.

                  We played the Ravens in Baltimore for week 3 last year. Anyone remember that game? I try not to. I am confident we will make a better showing this time around. We'll see on Sunday.

                  I will reserve judgement until the bye week. BUT, I have seen some improvement in some areas, and some regression in others. I know it's only week 3 right now, and we might get a better idea after the Ravens game, but check out these stats....

                  At the end of 2009 we were...

                  2009

                  32nd Total offense

                  32nd passing Offense

                  8th rushing Offense

                  Def

                  31st total def

                  29th passing Def

                  28th rushing Def

                  this year so far we are

                  17th total offense

                  13th passing offense

                  22nd rushing offense <---regressed and I thought we would be solid here.

                  13th total defense

                  8th in total passing ( def)

                  25th in rushing (def)

                  Like I said, it is still waaaay to early, and I know we are 0-2, but we could be easily be 2-0 as well if it weren't for stupid mistakes and bad adjustements. We need front 7 help, shore up the right side of the o-line and add some play makers on offense and we might have something next year.

                  1 more season 1 more season1
                  • 659 Posts
                  • 30 Reputation
                  1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @seanthomas said:

                  I will reserve judgement until the bye week. BUT, I have seen some improvement in some areas, and some regression in others. I know it's only week 3 right now, and we might get a better idea after the Ravens game, but check out these stats....

                  At the end of 2009 we were...

                  2009

                  32nd Total offense

                  32nd passing Offense

                  8th rushing Offense

                  Def

                  31st total def

                  29th passing Def

                  28th rushing Def

                  this year so far we are

                  17th total offense

                  13th passing offense

                  22nd rushing offense <---regressed and I thought we would be solid here.

                  13th total defense

                  8th in total passing ( def)

                  25th in rushing (def)

                  Like I said, it is still waaaay to early, and I know we are 0-2, but we could be easily be 2-0 as well if it weren't for stupid mistakes and bad adjustements. We need front 7 help, shore up the right side of the o-line and add some play makers on offense and we might have something next year.

                  I looked at those stats this AM as well. The Browns are ahead of the Ravens in all category except wins. A field goal my win this game. I mean a 3-0 field goal : ).

                  I hate Ray Lewis.

                  Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                  miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • 1 more season1 1 more season

                    @seanthomas said:

                    I will reserve judgement until the bye week. BUT, I have seen some improvement in some areas, and some regression in others. I know it's only week 3 right now, and we might get a better idea after the Ravens game, but check out these stats....

                    At the end of 2009 we were...

                    2009

                    32nd Total offense

                    32nd passing Offense

                    8th rushing Offense

                    Def

                    31st total def

                    29th passing Def

                    28th rushing Def

                    this year so far we are

                    17th total offense

                    13th passing offense

                    22nd rushing offense <---regressed and I thought we would be solid here.

                    13th total defense

                    8th in total passing ( def)

                    25th in rushing (def)

                    Like I said, it is still waaaay to early, and I know we are 0-2, but we could be easily be 2-0 as well if it weren't for stupid mistakes and bad adjustements. We need front 7 help, shore up the right side of the o-line and add some play makers on offense and we might have something next year.

                    I looked at those stats this AM as well. The Browns are ahead of the Ravens in all category except wins. A field goal my win this game. I mean a 3-0 field goal : ).

                    I hate Ray Lewis.

                    miktoxic miktoxicM
                    • 13k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @1-more-season said:

                    I hate Ray Lewis.

                    i wonder if the hate is on the same level as some of our fans hate our own coach. can you give the guy a break?

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate