Skip to content

Peyton Hillis Day ....

The Browns Board
52 32 7.9k
  • he's one jersey that I would get...the guy is a football player and a beast. He still picked up yards in the 2nd half even when the rats were keying on him.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I bought my Peyton Hillis jersey today.

    Great choice!

    I just wish, when he was going so well, that we would have given him more carries in the 2nd half.

    I love the guy....he can run like a tank & he's also an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Great choice!

    I just wish, when he was going so well, that we would have given him more carries in the 2nd half.

    I love the guy....he can run like a tank & he's also an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

    Mike

    I think the guy was winded. He carried the load, and we did a pretty nice job of getting him out of the game at times for a breather, but I'm not sure he had anything left in the tank, that guy left it all on the field today.

    What was the worst management of the game was Mangini not calling time-out before the half with us sitting on 3-Time-outs and Hillis out of the game on second down. We ran Davis off the left side, down to the one yard line, and quickly traded out personnel as the clock rattled off about 30 seconds. The Freaking Ravens called the time out to adjust their personnel, but why would we want to run our main guy in from off the sideline and try to line-up and force that play on 3rd down when we had three time outs to take a step back and call the right play, make sure we had the right personnel in and settle everyone down so that we didn't get an off-sides penalty or something there. It all worked out and we scored with about 00:14 left, but my-God what were we thinking?

  • Zombo said:

    Great pre-game call, Mass!

    Skippy, time to put the Hillis jersey on the front page of the store.

    He's a beast and we absolutely stole him from the Broncos ... I think it was the first trade of the Holm/Heck era ... good sign.

    Zombo

    Thank you very Much I just had the feling it was going to be 100 Yard day Lets do it again Hillis you BEAST.

  • Zombo said:

    He's a beast and we absolutely stole him from the Broncos ... I think it was the first trade of the Holm/Heck era ... good sign.

    Zombo

    I think Sheldon Brown was another really good trade. And out of our draft, Haden and Ward seem at least to be starter material if not spectacular. It's nice having competence in the front office for once.

    Hillis kind of reminds me of Jerome Bettis with his power running style... anyone else see it? It's nice to see the Browns running people over for once, instead of the other way around.

  • He reminds me of John Riggins ..

    0207_large-1.jpg

  • reminds me of Mack...and i don't mind saying i was way ahead of the curve on this one.

    a great pick up by EM, let's call it like it is. he couldn't stop him as a Jet, moved to an even tougher division and then plugged him into the hole in CLE JLew left.

    hillis is veikune redemption.

    hungry kid, 240+ lb.....imperative for the afcn. he's lightning in a bottle and WE tapped him. looks like we just might fill a couple more holes this year.

  • Hillis kicked ass today!Hope we see more of this.

    @russman2271 said:

    Hillis kicked ass today!Hope we see more of this.

    It was sweet to see Hillis run over the ravan secondary. On one play you see him trample a ratbird and his hat goes flying 5 yards down field ha. We've got our workhorse now, I see him pounding the Who-daze this Sunday. If it's our first win, might as well win the battle of Ohio.

  • Zombo said:

    Riggins was shiftier, but Hillis seems quicker and more powerful.

    Somebody compared him to Bettis, and that's what I kind of see ... quick feet with a punishing body and a straight-ahead style. I think our offensive line is ideal for him too. Keep pounding him. If we had some wide receivers to take the pressure off we'd have something on offense.

    Zombo

    --Screw Bettis ... Hillis is a white Kevin Mack[/color]

    Imagine if we had a right side to our O-Line.... Good lord!

  • Zombo said:

    Riggins was shiftier, but Hillis seems quicker and more powerful.

    Somebody compared him to Bettis, and that's what I kind of see ... quick feet with a punishing body and a straight-ahead style. I think our offensive line is ideal for him too. Keep pounding him. If we had some wide receivers to take the pressure off we'd have something on offense.

    Zombo

    --Screw Bettis ... Hillis is a white Kevin Mack[/color]

    I just can't bring myself to compare him to a black back. White backs are rare and special in this league, from John Riggins to Larry Csonka & Mike Alstott. Not to be a racist, but if people can make a big deal out of a black QB, we should praise to see an Big bruising white back. You can almost name the all the white backs of the past thirty years; Craig James, Tommy Vardell, Mark vanEeghan ... now we have Toby Gerhart & Peyton Hillis.

    He needs a nickname forsure.

  • Zombo said:

    Riggins was shiftier, but Hillis seems quicker and more powerful.

    Somebody compared him to Bettis, and that's what I kind of see ... quick feet with a punishing body and a straight-ahead style. I think our offensive line is ideal for him too. Keep pounding him. If we had some wide receivers to take the pressure off we'd have something on offense.

    Zombo

    --Screw Bettis ... Hillis is a white Kevin Mack[/color]

    I just can't bring myself to compare him to a black back. White backs are rare and special in this league, from John Riggins to Larry Csonka & Mike Alstott. Not to be a racist, but if people can make a big deal out of a black QB, we should praise to see an Big bruising white back. You can almost name the all the white backs of the past thirty years; Craig James, Tommy Vardell, Mark vanEeghan ... now we have Toby Gerhart & Peyton Hillis.

    He needs a nickname forsure.

    @atenears said:

    I just can't bring myself to compare him to a black back. White backs are rare and special in this league, from John Riggins to Larry Csonka & Mike Alstott. Not to be a racist, but if people can make a big deal out of a black QB, we should praise to see an Big bruising white back. You can almost name the all the white backs of the past thirty years; Craig James, Tommy Vardell, Mark vanEeghan ... now we have Toby Gerhart & Peyton Hillis.

    He needs a nickname forsure.

    The Peyn Train

  • Zombo said:

    I like the "Pain Train" without the cutesy spelling.

    Of course we had "Touchdown Tommy", so why not "Paydirt Peyton".

    Zombo

    --"Wha chu talkin' bout Hillis?"

    Those are gay ... I was thinking more along the line of the 'Albino Rhino'

    Algino-Rhino-Good-Pic.jpg

  • Zombo said:

    I like the "Pain Train" without the cutesy spelling.

    Of course we had "Touchdown Tommy", so why not "Paydirt Peyton".

    Zombo

    --"Wha chu talkin' bout Hillis?"

    Those are gay ... I was thinking more along the line of the 'Albino Rhino'

    Algino-Rhino-Good-Pic.jpg

    @atenears said:

    Those are gay ... I was thinking more along the line of the 'Albino Rhino'

    Algino-Rhino-Good-Pic.jpg

    Albino Rhino sounds like Michael Jackson's nose surgery... just saying.

  • everyone one here seems to call him simply "beast" , why not? lol

  • Yeah, let's just write off our team in the first quarter because they didn't come out and blow the doors off the stadium... 🙄

    Hillis is our new feature back and we fleeced the Broncos so bad in that trade.

    @next2nothing said:

    Yeah, let's just write off our team in the first quarter because they didn't come out and blow the doors off the stadium... 🙄

    Hillis is our new feature back and we fleeced the Broncos so bad in that trade.

    No doubt that you guys came out ahead, but it was because of Josh "McStalin's" hubris, not because we were fleeced by a tricky Cleveland front office.

    McDaniels gave up on Hillis last year and kept him on the bench for most of the season. Apparently, Hillis didn't "fit in" with McStalin's grandiose plans for keeping Denver mired in mediocrity. So he got rid of Hillis along with every other decent player on the team (Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and Tony Scheffler to name a few).

    I've always liked Hillis and thought he would be a big star under Shannyham. Then he had that horrible injury at the end of the season and then McStalin rode into town. Now I want Hillis to rush for 1500 yards and 23 touchdown with Da Browns. And I want Cutler to lead Da Bears deep into the playoffs just to humiliate our new little dictator.

    Go Hillis! You Da Man! 😁

    20081207__20081208_C02_SP08FBNBESTWORST1~p1_200.JPG

  • It appears that many fantasy football sights have their eyes locked in on Hillis.

    I am impressed with his performance.

  • Lets keep the Beast Thread going I say 120 Yards and a Touchdown this week......

  • Lets keep the Beast Thread going I say 120 Yards and a Touchdown this week......

    @massbrownsfan said:

    Lets keep the Beast Thread going I say 120 Yards and a Touchdown this week......

    I'll go with 80 yds rushing and 80 yds receiving, 2TD's

  • The beast will get 104 yards, and 2 TD's, with 34 yards receiving.

  • Atta Boy Guys keep this Beast thread going Hope its going to be aBig day for the brownies CANT Wait.

  • Zombo said:

    The Beast becomes a Legend this weekend. 187 yards, 3 TDs, Browns win and hammer their way to the playoffs.

    Zombo

    I see your back ... It's all downhill now.

    ... till Sunday.