Skip to content

Signed Sam Aiken

The Browns Board
11 7 1.2k
  • This looks like a Cribbs catch and run.

  • That's a fine pickup... but the article makes two mistakes:

    Both Momass and Robiskie have been open at times, and Seneca never looked their way.

    And, "Besides Cribbs, the Browns only other playmaker right now is powerhouse back Peyton Hillis, who defenses are now on the look out for after his 144 rushing yards against the Ravens."...

    he is foolishly forgetting about Ben Watson, who most certainly IS a playmaker.

    I hope we see Aiken in for a few plays Sunday. If Seneca will look his way... and NOT throw the stupid passes out of bounds on sideline throws. I hate that.

  • I had him in my fantasy team a few years back . he sucked

  • Sure, he still isn't a #1...

    but he can easily attract attention away from Ben Watson in the red zone...

  • That's a fine pickup... but the article makes two mistakes:

    Both Momass and Robiskie have been open at times, and Seneca never looked their way.

    And, "Besides Cribbs, the Browns only other playmaker right now is powerhouse back Peyton Hillis, who defenses are now on the look out for after his 144 rushing yards against the Ravens."...

    he is foolishly forgetting about Ben Watson, who most certainly IS a playmaker.

    I hope we see Aiken in for a few plays Sunday. If Seneca will look his way... and NOT throw the stupid passes out of bounds on sideline throws. I hate that.

    @calfoxwc said:

    That's a fine pickup... but the article makes two mistakes:

    Both Momass and Robiskie have been open at times, and Seneca never looked their way.

    And, "Besides Cribbs, the Browns only other playmaker right now is powerhouse back Peyton Hillis, who defenses are now on the look out for after his 144 rushing yards against the Ravens."...

    he is foolishly forgetting about Ben Watson, who most certainly IS a playmaker.

    I hope we see Aiken in for a few plays Sunday. If Seneca will look his way... and NOT throw the stupid passes out of bounds on sideline throws. I hate that.

    Both MoMass and Robo have been stuffed at the line by the press moer often than they've been open. I've never seen two receivers have such a hard time with press coverage as they do.

    It's not Seneca's fault. Sure, he's missed a read or two, but he extends plays. I don't see how this hatred of him is justified.

  • I don't hate Seneca at all. But he doesn't seem to see the field anywhere near as quickly as Delhomme, that's all.

    Maybe it's just because of the different offensive systems terminlogy, I have no idea. Some of his successful passes are late

    because of it...

  • Hey USFBrown...this signing was last week. He played in the game against Baltimore.

  • I don't hate Seneca at all. But he doesn't seem to see the field anywhere near as quickly as Delhomme, that's all.

    Maybe it's just because of the different offensive systems terminlogy, I have no idea. Some of his successful passes are late

    because of it...

    @calfoxwc said:

    I don't hate Seneca at all. But he doesn't seem to see the field anywhere near as quickly as Delhomme, that's all.

    Maybe it's just because of the different offensive systems terminlogy, I have no idea. Some of his successful passes are late

    because of it...

    I love wallace but what you say is true..there is no truth to momass never getting open robiskie doesnt ever break completely free from what i can see on a tv, but i have seen seneca scan the field and see momass has broken open but take to long to throw it and the safety closes over the top and he has to dump it off or throw it away...

    I think its more a timing and rust issue and a fear of screwing up wallace needs to shake off...but jake does read fast almost to fast if you know what i mean...

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I don't hate Seneca at all. But he doesn't seem to see the field anywhere near as quickly as Delhomme, that's all.

    Maybe it's just because of the different offensive systems terminlogy, I have no idea. Some of his successful passes are late

    because of it...

    I love wallace but what you say is true..there is no truth to momass never getting open robiskie doesnt ever break completely free from what i can see on a tv, but i have seen seneca scan the field and see momass has broken open but take to long to throw it and the safety closes over the top and he has to dump it off or throw it away...

    I think its more a timing and rust issue and a fear of screwing up wallace needs to shake off...but jake does read fast almost to fast if you know what i mean...

    @gips said:

    I love wallace but what you say is true..there is no truth to momass never getting open robiskie doesnt ever break completely free from what i can see on a tv, but i have seen seneca scan the field and see momass has broken open but take to long to throw it and the safety closes over the top and he has to dump it off or throw it away...

    I think its more a timing and rust issue and a fear of screwing up wallace needs to shake off...but jake does read fast almost to fast if you know what i mean...

    There is plenty of truth to it. Next time you watch a game, focus on them instead of Brady Quinn's butt.

    Oh wait, that was last season.

  • @gips said:

    I love wallace but what you say is true..there is no truth to momass never getting open robiskie doesnt ever break completely free from what i can see on a tv, but i have seen seneca scan the field and see momass has broken open but take to long to throw it and the safety closes over the top and he has to dump it off or throw it away...

    I think its more a timing and rust issue and a fear of screwing up wallace needs to shake off...but jake does read fast almost to fast if you know what i mean...

    There is plenty of truth to it. Next time you watch a game, focus on them instead of Brady Quinn's butt.

    Oh wait, that was last season.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    There is plenty of truth to it. Next time you watch a game, focus on them instead of Brady Quinn's butt.

    Oh wait, that was last season.

    Even the elite WRs dont break wide open very often and momass gets open enough that if the pass is accurately released in the short window it would likely be caught, seneca has some hesitation or he is being given or calling a play that momass is not his primary read or target...

    I think if jake hadnt been hurt we would be 2-1 or maybe 3-0...the offensive line is looking awesome now and should give jake some time...for better or worse delhomme isnt afraid to shoot at that small window of slower WRs...

    Aiken may or may not be of any real help but it cant hurt...