Skip to content

T.J. Ward

The Browns Board
76 45 8.8k
  • By the way he is leading all rookies in tackles.....can you say defense rookie of the year!!!

  • If it was a clean hit I would agree. Bad play, gave them a td. I wouldn't want to see our players hit like that.

  • TJ Ward is a great player and that hit was bs for him to do. I dont like it, but it makes a statement. Some wr will think twice to go over the top and will be looking for our ROY.

  • A lot of people on this forum cried when Suh hit JD, and Ward's hit was no different. So, if you liked Ward's hit today, then you probably liked Suh's hit too. I for one didn't like either. I don't fault Ward's effort, just the outcome on the play in question. That said, he's gonna be a great one in a few years.

  • Going to be a Great Player/

  • T.J. Ward hits like a Locomotive! Will be a feature on this Browns team for years to come, just needs to steer clear of injury. All the same it was a Silly play given the circumstances. 🙂

  • After that hit the defense got a little respect from the Bengals and stopped parading down the field by going right down the middle. That hit may of been what saved the game.

  • Not gunna lie....i loved the TJ Ward hit on shipley...yea hes gunna get fined, but i think it shows that he will light someone up if you come across him. Yes it lead to a TD but still we need that intimadator in our D and hes showing he can be that guy

    @dawgpoundpitt said:

    Not gunna lie....i loved the TJ Ward hit on shipley...yea hes gunna get fined, but i think it shows that he will light someone up if you come across him. Yes it lead to a TD but still we need that intimadator in our D and hes showing he can be that guy

    Do it without all the yea's and it's great .

  • IDK, had Shipley grabbed that pass and Ward put that hit on him and seperated the ball, it would have been a good play. It looks alot worse in slow motion then it does in real time.

    I thought that was why you had that defender hang in zone coverage there so they can put a big hit on a WR.

    I just don't understand what the defenders are suppose to do on some of these plays. Just like the play earlier in the game where Watson grabbed the ball over the middle and got hit as he caught it... the defender was in on the play and made the hit as he caught it. They threw the flag for that also. (That one may have been more of a helmet to helmet hit) but in real time you either make the hit, or you let the guy make a big play unattested.

    I just don't think as a defender in the NFL you can be thinking about this stuff during a play. They just make the stop.

    (I don't think this bang bang hit is anywhere near as bad as the Vince Young body slam Harrison pulled last week that he didn't even get flagged for.)

  • Formerly Stone said:

    If someone made that hit on a Browns player you guys would be rooting for a career ending injury!

    We'd be rooting for a career ending injury on our own player?

  • Formerly Stone said:

    If someone made that hit on a Browns player you guys would be rooting for a career ending injury!

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    If someone made that hit on a Browns player you guys would be rooting for a career ending injury!

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

    @slowburn said:

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

    Guy has been living on here for years. Pathetic.

  • @slowburn said:

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

    Guy has been living on here for years. Pathetic.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Guy has been living on here for years. Pathetic.

    So? He doesn't troll 'as often as most Steelers fans on here (edit)' and he offers something semi-knowledgeable. Give the guy a break..

    On the subject though, I feel that there is a difference between drilling a receiver like that (The penalty Ben Watson drew was also bullshit) and ringing a QBs neck and whipping him to the ground in a preseason game. That is the only thing about the Suh hit that pissed me off was that it was preseason. The penalty on Ward and the one drawn by Watson were both bullshit. This is FOOTBALL for pete's sake..I'm not sure what else TJ was supposed to do.

    Either way..I loved that hit

  • Wow how much of a loser must you be going on another teams forum all the time. You must be the type that still collects comics and lives with his mom. If you have such an infatuation with the browns then just become an official fan.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Guy has been living on here for years. Pathetic.

    So? He doesn't troll 'as often as most Steelers fans on here (edit)' and he offers something semi-knowledgeable. Give the guy a break..

    On the subject though, I feel that there is a difference between drilling a receiver like that (The penalty Ben Watson drew was also bullshit) and ringing a QBs neck and whipping him to the ground in a preseason game. That is the only thing about the Suh hit that pissed me off was that it was preseason. The penalty on Ward and the one drawn by Watson were both bullshit. This is FOOTBALL for pete's sake..I'm not sure what else TJ was supposed to do.

    Either way..I loved that hit

    @blowe said:

    So? He doesn't troll and he offers something semi-knowledgeable. Give the guy a break..

    On the subject though, I feel that there is a difference between drilling a receiver like that (The penalty Ben Watson drew was also bullshit) and ringing a QBs neck and whipping him to the ground in a preseason game. That is the only thing about the Suh hit that pissed me off was that it was preseason. The penalty on Ward and the one drawn by Watson were both bullshit. This is FOOTBALL for pete's sake..I'm not sure what else TJ was supposed to do.

    Either way..I loved that hit

    He trolls all the time and won't hesitate to be an asshole. So, no break.

  • A lot of people on this forum cried when Suh hit JD, and Ward's hit was no different. So, if you liked Ward's hit today, then you probably liked Suh's hit too. I for one didn't like either. I don't fault Ward's effort, just the outcome on the play in question. That said, he's gonna be a great one in a few years.

    @d-bone said:

    A lot of people on this forum cried when Suh hit JD, and Ward's hit was no different. So, if you liked Ward's hit today, then you probably liked Suh's hit too. I for one didn't like either. I don't fault Ward's effort, just the outcome on the play in question. That said, he's gonna be a great one in a few years.

    Ward's hit was bang bang, Suh's was a continuation whereas he tried to rip JD's head off. Way to be a spin doctor on that one. Keep up the hard hits TJ

  • I love Ward's style of play but lowering your shoulder into a receivers head will get you a penalty every time. He might not have had time to realize the ball had been dropped but you have to stay away from a helmet. I don't want to see anyone end up with a broken neck

  • I want an intimidating guy in the middle of the defense but you can't lower your shoulder and hit a receiver in the head like that. What I liked was Sheldon Brown talking to him right after the play and telling him to use his head. What I would've liked was to see Brown kick Palmer in the nuts for trying to get in Ward's face after the play though.

  • I want an intimidating guy in the middle of the defense but you can't lower your shoulder and hit a receiver in the head like that. What I liked was Sheldon Brown talking to him right after the play and telling him to use his head. What I would've liked was to see Brown kick Palmer in the nuts for trying to get in Ward's face after the play though.

    @mark-o said:

    I want an intimidating guy in the middle of the defense but you can't lower your shoulder and hit a receiver in the head like that. What I liked was Sheldon Brown talking to him right after the play and telling him to use his head. What I would've liked was to see Brown kick Palmer in the nuts for trying to get in Ward's face after the play though.

    Yeah, the way it's called today you can't just take a guy's head off like Ward did. I think our Steeler fan is worried about what's going to happen to Hiney Ward in a couple of weeks. But there was some BAD reffing in today's game, and it hit both sides. "Excessive Celebration"? Give me a break. And I had to agree with the Bungle fan I was watching the game with- When's the last time you saw defensive holding on a running play?

  • True enough....you don't see a lot of defensive holding on running plays. I thought the excessive celebration penalty was lame...the NFL is really trying to take away some of the fun.