Skip to content

T.J. Ward

The Browns Board
76 45 8.8k
  • Wow how much of a loser must you be going on another teams forum all the time. You must be the type that still collects comics and lives with his mom. If you have such an infatuation with the browns then just become an official fan.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Guy has been living on here for years. Pathetic.

    So? He doesn't troll 'as often as most Steelers fans on here (edit)' and he offers something semi-knowledgeable. Give the guy a break..

    On the subject though, I feel that there is a difference between drilling a receiver like that (The penalty Ben Watson drew was also bullshit) and ringing a QBs neck and whipping him to the ground in a preseason game. That is the only thing about the Suh hit that pissed me off was that it was preseason. The penalty on Ward and the one drawn by Watson were both bullshit. This is FOOTBALL for pete's sake..I'm not sure what else TJ was supposed to do.

    Either way..I loved that hit

    @blowe said:

    So? He doesn't troll and he offers something semi-knowledgeable. Give the guy a break..

    On the subject though, I feel that there is a difference between drilling a receiver like that (The penalty Ben Watson drew was also bullshit) and ringing a QBs neck and whipping him to the ground in a preseason game. That is the only thing about the Suh hit that pissed me off was that it was preseason. The penalty on Ward and the one drawn by Watson were both bullshit. This is FOOTBALL for pete's sake..I'm not sure what else TJ was supposed to do.

    Either way..I loved that hit

    He trolls all the time and won't hesitate to be an asshole. So, no break.

  • A lot of people on this forum cried when Suh hit JD, and Ward's hit was no different. So, if you liked Ward's hit today, then you probably liked Suh's hit too. I for one didn't like either. I don't fault Ward's effort, just the outcome on the play in question. That said, he's gonna be a great one in a few years.

    @d-bone said:

    A lot of people on this forum cried when Suh hit JD, and Ward's hit was no different. So, if you liked Ward's hit today, then you probably liked Suh's hit too. I for one didn't like either. I don't fault Ward's effort, just the outcome on the play in question. That said, he's gonna be a great one in a few years.

    Ward's hit was bang bang, Suh's was a continuation whereas he tried to rip JD's head off. Way to be a spin doctor on that one. Keep up the hard hits TJ

  • I love Ward's style of play but lowering your shoulder into a receivers head will get you a penalty every time. He might not have had time to realize the ball had been dropped but you have to stay away from a helmet. I don't want to see anyone end up with a broken neck

  • I want an intimidating guy in the middle of the defense but you can't lower your shoulder and hit a receiver in the head like that. What I liked was Sheldon Brown talking to him right after the play and telling him to use his head. What I would've liked was to see Brown kick Palmer in the nuts for trying to get in Ward's face after the play though.

  • I want an intimidating guy in the middle of the defense but you can't lower your shoulder and hit a receiver in the head like that. What I liked was Sheldon Brown talking to him right after the play and telling him to use his head. What I would've liked was to see Brown kick Palmer in the nuts for trying to get in Ward's face after the play though.

    @mark-o said:

    I want an intimidating guy in the middle of the defense but you can't lower your shoulder and hit a receiver in the head like that. What I liked was Sheldon Brown talking to him right after the play and telling him to use his head. What I would've liked was to see Brown kick Palmer in the nuts for trying to get in Ward's face after the play though.

    Yeah, the way it's called today you can't just take a guy's head off like Ward did. I think our Steeler fan is worried about what's going to happen to Hiney Ward in a couple of weeks. But there was some BAD reffing in today's game, and it hit both sides. "Excessive Celebration"? Give me a break. And I had to agree with the Bungle fan I was watching the game with- When's the last time you saw defensive holding on a running play?

  • True enough....you don't see a lot of defensive holding on running plays. I thought the excessive celebration penalty was lame...the NFL is really trying to take away some of the fun.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    If someone made that hit on a Browns player you guys would be rooting for a career ending injury!

    If he does that to that jagoff Hines Ward I will personally deliver flowers...... to WARD congratulating him.

  • @clevelandmilidh said:

    Looks like he was fast asleep before he hit the ground. I hope Shipley is going to be ok. I think Ward just proved today he is here to beat some ass and make a statement. I also didn't like the head shot though.

  • If Shipley doesn't like it then duck luke a pussy next time like Braylon used to do when Polamalu came running. End of story.

  • Im just gonna say it i was the first to say DROY

  • Somewhere out there Tatum and Butkus and other real football players actually had a flashback of real football. The weak don't survive in this league. That hit truly reminded me of how it all began. I would take a team full of guys like Ward over some of these other softies we have. I would rather lose with 20 penalties a game like that rather than be beat like have been in recent years. I hope the Shipley kid is ok, but if he or anyone else can't take that hit then its time to use what you learned in college. That goes for our players too.

    And stooler fans shouldn't be bitch'n....................because the `ketchup kid` has been taking cheapies off the ball for years. Could give a fook what you think. Go home pussy!

  • I'm a Texas alum and love Jordan Shipley to death but he got jacked up. To my eye, Ward hit him a bit too high but that's a "bang-bang" play as they say.

    If he's not allowed to hit a "defenseless" receiver in the end zone then what else is he supposed to do? By the time Shipley can "defend" himself then the play is over.

    I want my safeties separating receivers from footballs.

    Jordan, I love you. You got lit up.

    Welcome to the NFL.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    If someone made that hit on a Browns player you guys would be rooting for a career ending injury!

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

    @slowburn said:

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

    Great stuff lol

  • i don't get what the big deal is. yes, it was helmet to helmet... accidentally. look at the video again. you can clearly see that not only did he lead with his shoulder, but shipley had the ball in his hands. why don't we just put dresses on them and have them kiss too.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    You were doing so good.....and then you had to go and whine like a little girl bringing up stuff that simply isn't true. Hines doesn't make cheap shots, just nasty ones.

    actually, he was voted the dirtiest player in the nfl. not by the fans, but by the players. he does play hard and i like it. however he can also play cheap. not big cheap shots, just little ones that the camera may not always pick up.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    You were doing so good.....and then you had to go and whine like a little girl bringing up stuff that simply isn't true. Hines doesn't make cheap shots, just nasty ones.

    Then you're in the minority opinion. I guarantee you someone's eventually gonna take Hine's head off when he's not looking- Lord knows he's done it enough times to other players.

  • Well, I'm not very good at imbedding videos, but take a look at some of these hits and tell me the NFL is turning into the National Flagfootball League.🙂