Skip to content

T.J. Ward

The Browns Board
76 45 8.8k
  • Im just gonna say it i was the first to say DROY

  • Somewhere out there Tatum and Butkus and other real football players actually had a flashback of real football. The weak don't survive in this league. That hit truly reminded me of how it all began. I would take a team full of guys like Ward over some of these other softies we have. I would rather lose with 20 penalties a game like that rather than be beat like have been in recent years. I hope the Shipley kid is ok, but if he or anyone else can't take that hit then its time to use what you learned in college. That goes for our players too.

    And stooler fans shouldn't be bitch'n....................because the `ketchup kid` has been taking cheapies off the ball for years. Could give a fook what you think. Go home pussy!

  • I'm a Texas alum and love Jordan Shipley to death but he got jacked up. To my eye, Ward hit him a bit too high but that's a "bang-bang" play as they say.

    If he's not allowed to hit a "defenseless" receiver in the end zone then what else is he supposed to do? By the time Shipley can "defend" himself then the play is over.

    I want my safeties separating receivers from footballs.

    Jordan, I love you. You got lit up.

    Welcome to the NFL.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    If someone made that hit on a Browns player you guys would be rooting for a career ending injury!

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

    @slowburn said:

    Much like many root for a career ending post from you.

    Great stuff lol

  • i don't get what the big deal is. yes, it was helmet to helmet... accidentally. look at the video again. you can clearly see that not only did he lead with his shoulder, but shipley had the ball in his hands. why don't we just put dresses on them and have them kiss too.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    You were doing so good.....and then you had to go and whine like a little girl bringing up stuff that simply isn't true. Hines doesn't make cheap shots, just nasty ones.

    actually, he was voted the dirtiest player in the nfl. not by the fans, but by the players. he does play hard and i like it. however he can also play cheap. not big cheap shots, just little ones that the camera may not always pick up.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    You were doing so good.....and then you had to go and whine like a little girl bringing up stuff that simply isn't true. Hines doesn't make cheap shots, just nasty ones.

    Then you're in the minority opinion. I guarantee you someone's eventually gonna take Hine's head off when he's not looking- Lord knows he's done it enough times to other players.

  • Well, I'm not very good at imbedding videos, but take a look at some of these hits and tell me the NFL is turning into the National Flagfootball League.🙂

  • TJ Ward's hit was not illegal. It was legal, it was shoulder to chest, but Shipley ducked causing the head to get hit also.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    I disagree. He may push the limit and issue devastating hits even when they aren't instrumental in the play but that simply tells me that he is aggressive 100% of the time and I love it!

    Then by that same measure you therefore have to believe that TJ Wards play was simply being aggressive....except that in fact his hit was instrumental in the play.

    Fair to say?

  • Bottom line on TJ Ward's hit on Shipley:

    It was an illegal hit to the head.

    It could have been a dangerous devastating blow that could have seriously injured the WR ala Daryl Stingley.

    TJ will get fined for it, as he certainly, probably should.

    Nevertheless, bottom line, however is that it brings a message.

    That message is, courtesy of Austin Carr:

    " Don't bring that weak stuff in here. You want to go over the middle on the Browns then you may just want to get yourself slobberknockered. You want to grow alligator arms and you don't want to catch those passes sent in there like that. QBs, don't set you receivers up for devastation. Hold on to the ball and accept a sack rather than get your WR smashmouthed. WRs: don't catch the ball. Don't jump for the ball. Let the ball hit the ground. If you don't the next THUD that you hear may be you. If you like the aroma of smelling salts, just keep doing what you are doing. The next time it will be a legal hit to your breadbasket and then you may have some cracked ribs to deal with. Have a nice day."

  • The hit was AWESOME!! Yeah he got flagged but what's he supposed to do, let him catch it? He went in with his shoulder and 2 years ago that was a legal hit. I'm willing to bet his teamates pick up that fine for him. What I love about him is that he laid out TO and left TO wincing on his way back to the huddle. And keep watching him, you'll notice that when ball carriers see him, they avoid him at all costs. And the guy is violent. I cannot express how much i love this kid!

    And Hillis! This is Cleveland Browns football. You have Vickers and Hillis lighting defensive players up and TJ scaring the hell out of the offense, this is Cleveland Browns football!

  • TJ Ward shows no remorse for the hit he put on Shipley, the Browns NEED a player like this on defense and the fact hes producing and turning so many heads as a rookie is a great sign in my eyes. The media and Bengals are trying to scare him out of hitting hard but its simply not going to happen!

    Borrowed from a news site

    Early in the fourth quarter in Cincinnati's game against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer threw a pass to rookie receiver Jordan Shipley in the end zone.

    Shipley couldn't bring it in for the catch and was viciously hit by Browns rookie safety T.J. Ward. The hit drew a personal foul and Shipley was helped off of the field. It was later determined he suffered a concussion.

    Bengals receiver Terrell Owens immediately began yelling at the Cleveland defensive players after the play.

    "A ridiculous play. The guy's defenseless. I just hate to see a guy get hit like that in the head. For him to take a cheap shot like that, that's uncalled for," Owens told the Cincinnati Enquirer after the game. "At one point, I thought he was out cold. His eyes were rolling in the back of his head. You never want to see a teammate in that situation."

    Palmer called it a "cheap shot" and said hits like that remind him how violent the game is.

    Ward thought differently.

    "I hit him with my shoulder," Ward said. "They [bengals] tried to yap at me, but I ignored them. I would do it again."

    TJ Ward is a real football player and even vets like TO are afraid of him (don't try to tell me you aren't afraid you showboater!)

  • TJ Ward shows no remorse for the hit he put on Shipley, the Browns NEED a player like this on defense and the fact hes producing and turning so many heads as a rookie is a great sign in my eyes. The media and Bengals are trying to scare him out of hitting hard but its simply not going to happen!

    Borrowed from a news site

    Early in the fourth quarter in Cincinnati's game against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer threw a pass to rookie receiver Jordan Shipley in the end zone.

    Shipley couldn't bring it in for the catch and was viciously hit by Browns rookie safety T.J. Ward. The hit drew a personal foul and Shipley was helped off of the field. It was later determined he suffered a concussion.

    Bengals receiver Terrell Owens immediately began yelling at the Cleveland defensive players after the play.

    "A ridiculous play. The guy's defenseless. I just hate to see a guy get hit like that in the head. For him to take a cheap shot like that, that's uncalled for," Owens told the Cincinnati Enquirer after the game. "At one point, I thought he was out cold. His eyes were rolling in the back of his head. You never want to see a teammate in that situation."

    Palmer called it a "cheap shot" and said hits like that remind him how violent the game is.

    Ward thought differently.

    "I hit him with my shoulder," Ward said. "They [bengals] tried to yap at me, but I ignored them. I would do it again."

    TJ Ward is a real football player and even vets like TO are afraid of him (don't try to tell me you aren't afraid you showboater!)

    @brownsbacker said:

    TJ Ward shows no remorse for the hit he put on Shipley, the Browns NEED a player like this on defense and the fact hes producing and turning so many heads as a rookie is a great sign in my eyes. The media and Bengals are trying to scare him out of hitting hard but its simply not going to happen!

    Borrowed from a news site

    Early in the fourth quarter in Cincinnati's game against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer threw a pass to rookie receiver Jordan Shipley in the end zone.

    Shipley couldn't bring it in for the catch and was viciously hit by Browns rookie safety T.J. Ward. The hit drew a personal foul and Shipley was helped off of the field. It was later determined he suffered a concussion.

    Bengals receiver Terrell Owens immediately began yelling at the Cleveland defensive players after the play.

    "A ridiculous play. The guy's defenseless. I just hate to see a guy get hit like that in the head. For him to take a cheap shot like that, that's uncalled for," Owens told the Cincinnati Enquirer after the game. "At one point, I thought he was out cold. His eyes were rolling in the back of his head. You never want to see a teammate in that situation."

    Palmer called it a "cheap shot" and said hits like that remind him how violent the game is.

    Ward thought differently.

    "I hit him with my shoulder," Ward said. "They [bengals] tried to yap at me, but I ignored them. I would do it again."

    TJ Ward is a real football player and even vets like TO are afraid of him (don't try to tell me you aren't afraid you showboater!)

    I agree that he shouldn't show remorse because it wasn't an illegal hit or a cheap shot. The penalty was only called because the refs deemed Shipley "defenseless", which IMO is another stupid rule to go along with the "no hitting the QB below the waist" rule. Injuries are a part of the game, if you don't want the QB taking shots then just rule out any blitzes what so ever and make it all about who can score the most points...

    I understand they're trying to protect players from life altering injuries but what do you want Ward to do? Let Shipley just catch the ball because he doesn't want to get fined or called for a penalty? The rare times that I was able watch Texas on TV I really liked Shipley but I'm not going to feel sorry for the guy. It was a clean hit.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    I disagree. He may push the limit and issue devastating hits even when they aren't instrumental in the play but that simply tells me that he is aggressive 100% of the time and I love it!

    What part of the definition of a cheap shot aren't you getting? You put it right in print. Remember the "not part of the play" shot that ended Dwight Stephenson's career? Oh, and you wouldn't love it if Hiney was playing for some other team- and it seems that the rest of the NFL agrees- not just us Browns fans- it's just that we get to see his antics twice a year.

  • Formerly Stone said:

    Kids say the damndest things!

    Yes, per Arthur Godfrey: "Out of the mouth of babes you get....the truth"

  • guys,w e are getting off topic here. let's get back to the point that was made with this whole "cheap shot" business. the bottom line is this: we now have a guy in our defensive backfield who isn't afraid to knock someone's head off. i love it. he is just what we needed. we've seen guys hearing footsteps when they hear troy polamalu and brian dawkins zero in on them. we have a guy like that now too. when was the last time a receiver heard footsteps against the browns? i can't recall any. what makes this even better is that it got national coverage. everyone in football now knows that ward is a hitter and he's lurking back there. receivers are going to start getting alligator arms now when we play them. all this "bad" publicity for ward is the best thing for him. people will be afraid now.

  • He led with his shoulder, period.

  • He led with his shoulder, period.